FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The TWBB Meet-up Thread

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:42 pm

There was a bit of drama with the dates and it looked like the ones I posted earlier might not happen, but now it's been decided and it's official, I'm off to New York on the 27th!

So..would anyone be up for a meetup the weekend I'm there?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:42 pm

NY? or NYC?

I wouldn't be caught dead in New York City.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:06 pm

New York City. Sorry, should have specified- I forget New York refers to the city as well as the state.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:50 am

About to meet Sah and family, looking forward to it Smile

update: Sah and Bambi are currently at my place, drinking tea and kicking butt in Soul Calibur V

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:34 pm

On Sunday it was the meetup between myself, Q, TD and Chronicle! And I have to say, it was a brilliant day.

Spoiler:

I met up with Q in Bryant Park, and since TD and Chron were arriving later on we had some soup and a chat. As a gift I bought everyone some British chocolate and sweets, and the look on Q's face when he first ate some Maoam was priceless :3 After that we met up with TD and Chron at the Rockefeller Centre and got some delicious sandwiches for lunch. Then it was on to Nintendo World!

I've been wanting to visit Nintendo World for 12 years, and it didn't disappoint. I could have spent all day in there. We came out with bags of stuff, and Q and TD very kindly bought me a giant Fennekin plushie :3333 After Nintendo World I wanted to go to Central Park for a stroll, but it decided to piss it down with rain all day so it sadly didn't happen. Instead we went shopping and got something to eat. After dinner TD and Chron had to leave to catch the ferry, so Q and I said our goodbyes, then went to a comic shop before having some tea before he caught the bus home.

It was a fantastic meetup and the highlight of my trip. Thanks ever so much for travelling in to meet me guys, I appreciate it and had a wonderful time. I hope I can come back and meet you all again!

Bonus pic for the Europeans:

Spoiler:

Shortly after this pic was taken Q stole my gloves, the thieving bastard Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm hoping to get a passport this year so I can travel to the US, I'm jealous for those who have been able to meet up so far lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:20 pm

I wanted to get this out yesterday but family things and Senate distractions got in my way. Happy belated birthday Raya!

So yeah as you've all heard I had the pleasure of meeting up with Raya, td260, and Chronicle on the 29th, in an amazing, albeit rainy day we'd anticipated for a solid year :B

Raya described it pretty well herself: We met in Bryant park and walked down to 33rd street to a gaming store Raya wanted to see, and then over to check out Grand Central Station. With an hour to spare until we could meet Tristan, we walked through the rain back to Bryant where we had some soup and caught up.  At around noon Tristan texted me so we decided to head on over to Rockefeller Plaza.

The line for Top of the Rock was packed and we were content just standing around and talking about an online forum in a crowded city square Razz. Tristan called so I had Raya pick up and give the most British possible greeting (pip-pip, cheerio, gooday old chap), and we ended up meeting outside by the Christmas Tree.  

After exchanging greetings and sharing umbrellas for a bit, the four of us grabbed lunch at a surprisingly good sandwich bar, caught up, and then hit Nintendoland.  I almost bought this:

Until I saw the crazy 500 dollar pricetag.  Meanwhile Raya fell in love with a Fennekin so Tristan and I split it for her.  I hope the poor guy survived the super-effective rain we put him through the whole day!

We spent a good hour in there before braving the rain again and heading to dinner.  After an excellent meal we parted ways and Raya and I spent the next hour and a half checking our comic books, chatting about forum secrets, and saying our goodbyes.

Having been on this forum and become friends with you all has really meant a lot to me.  All of us have said this at some point over the years but there’s something special about connecting with people from all over the world like this and sharing common ground.  It shows how close this group is that we've been together this long after the end of the webseries, and that we've been able to go out of our way to actually meet IRL.  

Chronicle and TD, you guys are great.  I said it before when we first met back in August, but our meetups have been fantastic.  Hopefully we can do this again soon (shouldn't be hard, we live in the same state Razz).  Tristan, you still haven't rematched me in Smash Bros! We'll be playing SSB4 by the time you get the chance.

When we first became friends, Raya, I never thought I’d have the chance to actually MEET you.  When I heard it was a possibility, the past year and a half were spent in anticipation of this.  Spending time with you was a lot of fun; you're a blast to have around, and I’m overjoyed you had such a good time.  I can’t wait to do it again someday!

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:22 pm

Also I still haven't finished my british chocolate. I am savoring it as long as possible Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:45 pm

:3 Thanks for the writeup Q, it really was unbelievable meeting you all, and I can only hope to get to do it again sometime.

Speaking of meetups, yesterday I got to meet Surge! 2 meetups in 2 weeks, I’m on a roll.

Typically enough I’d decided to disappear to another country when he was available in London, so we had to come up with other plans. Surge wanted to go on a nature hike, so we went to Bradgate Park, a mediaeval deer park in my local area that’s a scenic place to walk around. Luckily the rain held off (though we still ended up ankle-deep in mud and nearly had a damp experience a stream Razz) and it wasn’t too cold a day. Sadly the manor house ruins were closed for the season so we couldn’t get in and we only got to spend a short time in the woods due to it getting close to dusk (re-enacting the Blair Witch Project is not my idea of a fun meetup), but all in all it was a good day.

Surge is an absolutely lovely chap, and he wasn’t too terrified at my driving/my rickety car/everyone else’s driving, though he did eat all my sweets and wreck my brand new shoes Razz I had a great time meeting him and hope he feels the same. Thanks ever so much for travelling up to see me Surge!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:25 pm

Damn, reading this thread just makes me want to jump on a plane and arrange a meetup somewhere. I love meeting internet friends. A bit shame that I had to go and read this bloody thread, though, because there's probably not a single active forumer who appearance-wise is still a mystery to me. I'd have preferred to find out in person what you guys look like.

The vice versa will happen someday if it's up to me. But I'm not currently up to speed on that strange 'money' thing all the kids have these days and plane tickets aren't exactly cheap. Plus I'm not comfortable picking just one country with one or two forumers in it. We seriously need to have some kind of a ridiculous super meetup someday, somewhere.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:54 am

Btw, Spont, how close to Helsinki do you live? Apparently we're going there this Easter.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 am

Sahrimnir wrote:Btw, Spont, how close to Helsinki do you live? Apparently we're going there this Easter.
Close enough. Plus my big brother sort of lives there so there's my excuse and place to stay at.

HMMMMMM.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:16 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Damn, reading this thread just makes me want to jump on a plane and arrange a meetup somewhere. I love meeting internet friends. A bit shame that I had to go and read this bloody thread, though, because there's probably not a single active forumer who appearance-wise is still a mystery to me. I'd have preferred to find out in person what you guys look like.

The vice versa will happen someday if it's up to me. But I'm not currently up to speed on that strange 'money' thing all the kids have these days and plane tickets aren't exactly cheap. Plus I'm not comfortable picking just one country with one or two forumers in it. We seriously need to have some kind of a ridiculous super meetup someday, somewhere.

Well, there’s always what I posted on the Eurovision thread Razz

When you came to London a while ago Spont I would have been up for travelling down to meet you, but you didn’t seem too interested so I didn’t press the issue. Well, if you’re ever back in the area, or if I ever go to Finland...

And funnily enough Spont years ago on the forum I called home before this I wrote an epic forumfic about the members having a mass meetup. Spoiler: Things ended badly. Murderously badly. It was good fun though.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:35 pm

The Eurovision thing is sadly out of question. I might sort of have a life-changing entrance exam the next week or something like that.
Raya wrote:
When you came to London a while ago Spont I would have been up for travelling down to meet you, but you didn’t seem too interested so I didn’t press the issue. Well, if you’re ever back in the area, or if I ever go to Finland...
Yeah, my London visit was short and sweet and there wasn't much time for just chilling out. Dear lord has it already been three years?
... although... there's a chance I might have a school-related trip to London later on, though. Or Budapest. Our teachers haven't really decided yet. We'll see.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:57 pm

Some day Requiem and I will have to hang out. We're only about an hour away-ish from each other now (Maybe I'll have to make the drive once I get my damned car fixed  Cool )

Also, how many of you think that this could be a possiblility? http://www.sgconvention.com/ It's where I'm going to be headed this summer.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi all! I just returned from my brief study in Europe.

As it pertains to this thread, i met up with Raya and went on an awesome nature hike. There is some interesting nature here but because it's so dry its mostly shrubs and canyons. I wanted to see forests and old trees while I was in England so we made plans for a day trip to a deerpark. Raya is super knowledgeable and super sweet, it honestly felt a bit like a tour because she was just full of all this amazing knowledge of natural history, British history, and all kinds of other facts. I'd figure I learned more in our short hike than i did probably in a day of the actual course. Anyways, she picked me up from the train station and we experienced the nightmare that is British driving. Thankfully Bradgate park was much more peaceful, and I got to experience the gorgeous and green british nature. And I got really close to some deers which I'd never experienced before.

Afterwards we met up with Stuart and had a lovely dinner at the pub. I had to leave kinda early because I had a 5am flight the next day to Amsterdam. Raya was totally sweet and an incredibly gracious host, and I really appreciate her making time for me and showing me a good day while I was in the UK. I'll owe you a gracious visit if you're ever in California.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:56 pm

:33 Thank you Surge, that's so kind of you! I'm glad you had a nice time. Next time come when the days are longer so you can have a proper adventure in the woods :)It was a pleasure to meet you and I'll gladly take up your offer if I ever make it to California. Hope the hat kept you warm in Europe too~

And come now, British driving isn't that terrifying (maybe it's just my driving). Well, if you think driving is reckless here never go to New York or Vienna. You'll be barricading yourself up in your hotel room the entire trip...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:02 pm

SO! I have been having a very fun time down here in Texas. And a summary of my trip will go up when it is done. 

BUT

Something else is going to happen when I get back

I am going to be able to meet Kyle when I get back to Chicago!

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:13 pm

So, Q and I spent the day together. It was fucking awesome. Almost got to the Striker Cup TWICE in Mario Strikers Charged, but lost the last match. I also showed him Tsuro and played more than a few games of that. Also Smash Bros 64. This was a fucking awesome day. And now I head back home! And he also played through the game that my team and I made and talked about it some. He's a great person in real life. Kiiiinda want to go to New York even more now.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:38 pm

I love this picture!

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:35 am

Definitely had a good time meeting Viero.  Lots of vidyagames and lots of fun.  Fun as Strikers and smash was I actually think the highlight for me was playing Viero's project-game, Mecha-Salt.  Great puns (A Salt Rifle), good graphics for a school project, and enjoyable gameplay.  It's been great to see how he's improved over the years - I could definitely see you going somewhere with your skills, Viero. 

Shout-out to all the bombs that saved your ass in Smash 64 Wink

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:59 pm

I'm heading to the Tampa Comic-Con, so if your heading to that Con then we can meet, and stuff.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Btw Fed I think I have you tied:

Quaetam: Snake, td260, Minby, Kim, Raya, Viero
Fed: Raya, Avalanche, Ansem, Perry, Weldar, Camilla

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:11 pm

You forget, Fed also knows and meets Eisen on a regular basis.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:17 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top