Mafia Game 13, day 9; grand finale

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 13, day 9; grand finale

Post  Perry on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Weldar wrote:Silly Perry, learn to count, that just cost you the game Razz
Silly Weldar, it was never the plan that Eisen was still around and you knew that. That pretty much fucked the whole shabang up.

Good game everyone else. I had honestly not expected EIsen to vote for me, so I underestimated him. All my kudos go to him, really. As a not so active poster he made very sharp observations and in my opinion should get all the credit for winning this game.
Also thanks for calling me tricky and devious, i wanted to make a fitting dracula.
Love being mafian so much more than just townie D:

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 pm

You yourself said you wouldn't have put the vote on you if you knew it was the last day. But yeah honestly pulling that a second time at all was a pretty iffy move, I'd have protested loudly, was I alive. Controlling Viero or Eisen onto the other would have pretty much sealed the game for you. I'm really surprised how much Raya fell for it really. Raya's first post today was so in line with Perry's plan that I seriously thought she had been the mind control target, I even went and criticized Perry for a certain part of what he made her say.

And yeah people do sort of underestimate Eisen, he's not all that active and has some issues communicating his point but he can be fairly observant. Last game on the mafia sideboard he actually seemed to pick out certain parts of the innocent alliance before they came to the forefront, would have helped the mafia greatly had those observations been acted on.

And yeah really hosts, you need to modkill more if you have subs. Even if someone is just barely keeping their head above the line sometimes you just need to be a bit harsher with that. If you don't have the time to get in a vote and an action most of the time you probably shouldn't be playing.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 pm

I would just like to say... two day phases ago, I thought both Perry and Viero were mafian, then last day phase I decided Perry was mafian. All in all, being dead sucks, but it gave me a chance to observe the game and learn better judgement patterns based on behavior without having to worry about being lynched, thus allowing me to have a clearer mind. Seriously though, I have my next target in mind if we do a day one lynch -.-
Well, two really, because I have to keep accusing DF as well Razz

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:25 am

that was the annoying thing with subbing smashbro for spont.

Night 3 was the one time Spont gave a action that would have gone trough, making me hope he'd be more active. But he wasn't. Suddenly giving Smash the role would imideatly draw the towns attention cause the SK started killing again.

Still, great finale. kudos to the players

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:16 am

Weldar wrote:You yourself said you wouldn't have put the vote on you if you knew it was the last day. But yeah honestly pulling that a second time at all was a pretty iffy move, I'd have protested loudly, was I alive. Controlling Viero or Eisen onto the other would have pretty much sealed the game for you.
Dude, I was planning to have killed Eisen in that nightphase, the only thing iffy about the plan is that... Well, he lived. How could i have made Viero vote for someone i thought was already dead? You do realise I could only put actions through in the nightphase right? stop bitching, seriously

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:50 am

Calm down Perry, I'm not bitching at all here. The counting thing was a joke and your vastly overestimating the amount I actually cared about this game (I'm not big on the early game, Spont killed me just as I was getting interested so I never really built up any real enthusiasm).

That said, I apologize, I was only skimming through the thread in the last few days and had assumed Spont had be the nightkill not noticing ihis wasn't an ordinary death. I didn't know who your targets were and didn't put 2 and 2 together despite knowing Eisen was a bulletproof. Main point was I wouldn't have thrown a vote on myself for a second time, sending it between the two not Raya/Ansem players. Of course I also probably wouldn't have done it the first time either and that clearly worked out great for you. You still did far better than I would've (in all honeslty I am terrible at being mafia) and were easily the MVP here, I was just saying is all.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:57 am

Roy I hate you and you're never forcing me to play mafia again.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:21 pm

Well I'm glad with my 2 dayphase endin....I also could send and recive 2 message Ave, but never used them. Was tempted to message Ansem tho.

Also who killed me and why was I targeted?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:00 am

Raya had the role of Amaterasu, which was as close as a godrole as this game had. She was allowed basically any power, but was limited to only using three, and couldn't use a specific power more then once. I didn't allow her a negating of night actions or a curfew power, especially since JGH and Ansem were still in game.

She used the 'Godeye' power to scan Snake, who was innocent
She used 'Bloom' to revive Ansem
She used the 'slash' power to kill JGH. From what I've gathered she was torn between using it on JGH or Viero, both of which were ironically innocent. In game Amaterasu can freeze the gameworld, allowing the player to 'draw' all sorts of powers, a single line indicating a slash, such as happened in the death post.

She later regretted using Godeye pretty early in the game so she couldn't use a lightningrod and bomb combination, casting revive on another player, which would have been a huge smack across the face of the mafia.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 am

I'm kinda mad at myself the one time I didn't protect myself, I died... -.-'

Oh well. BRING ON THE NEXT GAME.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:29 pm

Perry...we can't be friends anymore! lol j/k! Never would have guessed you doing it all along...

I did have a helpful ability, just it never got its uses. There was no way this would have happened but what if Raya had revived me and then I could have revived someone else, that would have had the town win extra fast!

No worries, it still was a really good game!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Man of the match goes to Eisen Very Happy

@Weldar: I'd suspected Perry for a long time in the game (mainly him saying right from the start to target the inactives), but I never had the evidence to pin anything on hin. By the end with Vie prancing around I was starting to think my suspicion was just paranoia. Great tactic on his part to put the vote on himself though.

Speaking of which, the mafian strategy of preying on inactives was really good. And I'm not saying that because it gave me a chance to play, heh. It really sowed confusion and worked well. Usually the mafian just kills the strong players so it's nice to see something different, and it worked brilliantly.

I actually feel the need to apologise to you, Avalanche. I really wasn't playing my best this game. Personally stuff had me messed up at the start, and by the time I got properly back into the game I never really hit my stride. I fucked up my powers and never got off any of the combos I was planning. I badly wanted to do a Lightning Rod + Bomb combo, but with Snake claiming roleblocker I couldn't risk it whilst he was alive. Then I screwed up with Ansem and ran out of powers, sigh.

Biggest wtf moment for me all game...the day phase I was controlled to vote Avos I was told I needed to get him lynched and disagree with everything he said. And then he posted this:

AvosMeLardo wrote:I really am not very useful...

Lets just let the mofia win...

Vote: Avos

Lets be quick about this...

Have to get him lynched...but have to disagree with him...but disagreeing means saying he shouldn't be lynched...but need him lynched*head splode*

Dammit Avos, the one phase you say that XD

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Raya wrote:

Speaking of which, the mafian strategy of preying on inactives was really good. And I'm not saying that because it gave me a chance to play, heh. It really sowed confusion and worked well. Usually the mafian just kills the strong players so it's nice to see something different, and it worked brilliantly.

The thing is, we weren't actually trying to prey on the inactive. If anything we were killing the more middle of the raod players, or the strong but underestimated ones We did sort of avoid killing the usual big targets, mostly becuase it's much more fun to deal with them via mind control (had I been alivre I would be have been encouraging not killing Snake when we did but rather mind controlling him. Send him on an all out aggesive attack on Raya, pretty much guarantees one big target goes down). Night 1 we killed Fed, who's definitely among the better players here. N2 we aimed for Avos (or rather aimed for Viero but planning to drive the kill to Avos) as part of setting up Snake but got driven to Minby. N3 we just went for td because we were pretty sure he was the doctor, or maybe the driver. After that focus did turn a but more to the inactive, mostly in an attempt to hunt down the serial killer. Then Perry decided to try and make the final 3 you, Ansem and himself, since you were all confirmed not serial killers.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Weldar wrote:(had I been alivre I would be have been encouraging not killing Snake when we did but rather mind controlling him. Send him on an all out aggesive attack on Raya, pretty much guarantees one big target goes down).
Had you mind controlled Snake, he probably would have logged off the forums and waited for the next day.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:22 am

Actually, yea, pretty much.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:38 am

Just an FYI Snake, ever try to pull that with mind control in a game I host and I will modkill you without remorse. Same goes for any sort of trying to hint you're controlled. Basically anyone doing anything to try and get around the system will be punished without hesitation. I'd encourage other hosts to do the same, it really is such a bullshit tactic and totally goes against the spirit of the game.

But yeah this game we could chain controls, so we could just keep doing it a silence, still nice. After the first day I would have begun pushing for Av to modkill you for that shit, or at least warn you to actually follow your instructions.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:25 am

There are ways of getting around mind control whilst still doing what you've been told to do. I had a plan when I was made to vote for Perry, but then Avalanche told me I could only say Vote: Perry which scuppered that idea. In the end I posted at the last minute to minimise damage.

I agree just logging on isn't in the spirit of the game. The controlled player should make at least one post in the phase, doing whatever they're being controlled to do. Complete avoidance should warrant a smack.

Hey Snake, why did you claim the mafia had you by the balls or game? When I got controlled to vote for Avos my theory was that you were under a similar geas. What happened?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:01 am

Probably because he wasn't killed yet, he figured he was gonna die soon.
He was semi-right. Outlaw was scared that as soon as Avos died, SNake would go for him so he got offed immediately after.

My plan was to kindof kill off the inactives, both lynching and mafiakilling, simply because it'd improve the game (IMO) and because it's more fun to play against people that... well, actually play. It was only a small bonus that mafians win once they gain the majority, thus the inactive players making an easy target. No one really cares for them, it doesn't give the town much to go on and at the same time the town's numbers fall dramatically.

I'm quite sad that everyone wasn't putting their all into the game, though. That kindof crippled my enthiousiasm/will to play aswell.
Would've loved to see my move on day 2-3 or something pay off XD, that would've caused such a mindfuck.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:19 pm

What he said.

Viero won this game in my opinion. He fucked up, Accused Raya on the last day, and generally just gave everyone a reason to vote for him instead of Perry.

Then he did a loophole double reach around and pulled out a very nice almost flawless "I wasn't here, I can't be the controller" card.

Oh my god, I fell out of my chair laughing. Bloody brilliant.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:51 pm

NepetaInABox wrote:What he said.

Viero won this game in my opinion. He fucked up, Accused Raya on the last day, and generally just gave everyone a reason to vote for him instead of Perry.

Then he did a loophole double reach around and pulled out a very nice almost flawless "I wasn't here, I can't be the controller" card.

Oh my god, I fell out of my chair laughing. Bloody brilliant.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:34 am

Mod delete this please?

Last edited by Qod on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:36 am

THIS IS PART OF THE MAFIA FINALE. Make sure you're starting from the mafia thread itself.

…and Quaetam knocked her sword aside. His left hand blade stretched aside, Raya’s banstick extended out of reach, and he thrusted forward with his right. Raya threw herself backwards to dodge, landing hard and rolling part of the way down the roof, but rising to her feet, ignoring her pain, living beyond the point of death. Her golden resolve carried her through the torrent, as the storm whipped them about atop the palace of darkness.

She flew at him, slashing madly, and he lashed out with the fog. The miasma buffeted her, knocked her about, but she dispelled it with a wide slash, and came flying in for a lunging attack.

The storm was building, approaching its climax, shredding through the realities across which they dueled. The Kingdom flickered, green lightning passing through its breadth, shattering it at each strike. The wind whirled, the thunder shook the foundations of existence, and still the Upriser fought against the god astride, fought into the screaming of the tempest. She struck forward, and he blocked. She spun, and he parried. Once more she leapt through the wind and the rain, banstick flaring downwards...

Quaetam turned her aside with his blades, and in the wind and rain she was knocked back, thrown across the roof, slamming into the ground and out of this reality.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic View next topic Back to top