The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  Eiron on Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 pm

IGN did a pretty interesting analysis of the trailer, which I've provided below. I'm quite a bit more confident in this game now than I was when it first unveiled. Besides the obvious, the character animations have really cleaned up, especially Link's sword swipes. And then there's also the fact that you fight a giant four armed stalfos dear God I want this.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Anonymous Griffin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 pm

I personally hope Lokomo Sword would be a steampunk robot with a train motif.

Last edited by Anonymous Griffin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Anonymous Griffin
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Don't get too excited, none of this was confirmed. It's only natural to assume Kefkagus in a personification of the Gilded Sword, because well, we were right once (and it was pretty obvious), we might as well be right twice. But this still doesn't mean every major sword of the series is gonna appear in human form. But it WOULD be awesome.

The Sword of the Sages in Twilight Princess better appear!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Here is an interesting thought, so please follow along

1. The gilded sword was forged from the Razor blade which was forged from the Kokiri Sword

2. This mysterious person seems to have a purple motif going on

3. This "new" person has red eyes with white hair obscuring one of his eyes

what can be taken from this trailer...It could still be Vaati( and even more fruity...)

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:27 pm

If he had his hat and longer hair I could see it being him.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Kefkagus' eyes look more brown than red.

I don't think this guy is Vaati. His clothes and overall design is too much of a change, he doesn't look anything like he does in the portable games, he doesn't disappear like that in Minish Cap.
Speaking of Minish Cap, his Start of Darkness is explain in it, as well as he's sealing. So either Skyward Sword takes place well AFTER Four Sword (which doesn't make sense at all) or before even Minish Cap, but Minish Cap is Vaati's origin story, so again it doesn't make sense.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Considering how Ganondorf has gone from A [caped, armored, mullet wearing, man with a gaint pointed nose], to a [beared, kimono wearing, fat man with a large not so pointy nose, with pointed ears], to a[ full plate whereng, long haired, bearded, ponted eared man with a hair dresser] so If Vaati's apearence changes as mush as Ganondorf's than Ya! for consistancy.

EDIT:Speaking of Vaati here is Vaati in the Spirit Temple

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:55 pm

But Ganon's design always had consistencies in the form of his colour palette. Here, Kefkagus doesn't even have similar colours (except the skin and hair), not even in his clothes.
That and the fact that I believe this guy looks more like the Gilded Sword doesn't help.

Also, since Skyward Sword will be the origin story of the Master Sword and will take place before Ocarina of Time, the only game that can come before that is Minish Cap. But if Skyward Sword takes place BEFORE Minish Cap, Vaati at this time would still be freaking small, since he's a Minish (and has no powers what-so-ever). If Skyward Sword takes place after Minish Cap, Vaati cannot appear since he should be at this time sealed in the Four Sword and Four Sword (and Adventures) doesn't take place before Ocarina of Time.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:08 pm

How many times has their been a game then another game goes inbetween One and another of the series.

And Lies and Slander Vaati was not traped in the four sword in the Minish cap He was killed and then Resed inbetween and Here is the proof

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Doesn't being killed make the appearance of Vaati in Skyward Sword even more unlikely?

And don't bring up Ganondorf. He was sealed in OoT, then turned to stone in TWW. He probably dies at the end of TP, but in both TP and TWW's case, we don't hear about him again after that (well, until a game that takes place after TP is made).

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:33 pm

What I am saying is that Vaati Died at the end of Minish cap and Alive at the begining of the four swords. This is fact.

It can be surmisied that Vaati Loses his hat at the end of MC so he has no hat. He needs to Live again and with Skyward sword's Over and under world motif one can expect him to be revied by a minion or just lives once more.

The Gilded Sword is Forged in snowhead mountain using the Razor blade and gold dust so I doubt that It's the Gilded Sword.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:44 pm

DRTJR wrote:
It can be surmisied that Vaati Loses his hat at the end of MC so he has no hat. He needs to Live again and with Skyward sword's Over and under world motif one can expect him to be revied by a minion or just lives once more.

I don't understand this part. How does Skyward Sword's over and under worlds help Vaati being reborn?

Also, the Gilded Sword has to be special. Remember that in Majora's Mask you cannot keep the Razor Sword if you go back in time, so why, not talking about gameplay convenience here, would the Gilded Sword survive the time travel? It has, and this is only my fanboy theorist side speaking, to possess some sort of magical power. Magic, Spirit, yadda yadda.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:55 pm

FIRST!
Hyrule is being rulled by The legions of hell the forces of evil, while skyloft is a world of goodness and light. So Vaati being hatless and Evil might look like that after a major artistic shift.

SECOND!
It was forged of the Razor blade using Gold dust in the forging process so that could have embied it with Magic sufficiant to stay put or that the Forging process in tandem with the Golddust in not reversible where as the Razor blade will brake and be the Hero's blade once more and the process of going through time is hard on items so the razor blade breaks.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:59 pm

DRTJR wrote:FIRST!
Hyrule is being rulled by The legions of hell the forces of evil, while skyloft is a world of goodness and light. So Vaati being hatless and Evil might look like that after a major artistic shift.

IF Skyward Sword take place AFTER Minish Cap.

DRTJR wrote:SECOND!
It was forged of the Razor blade using Gold dust in the forging process so that could have embied it with Magic sufficiant to stay put or that the Forging process in tandem with the Golddust in not reversible where as the Razor blade will brake and be the Hero's blade once more and the process of going through time is hard on items so the razor blade breaks.

First, use some punctuation, damn it.
Second, ehhhhh, got me there. But it's the Kokiri Sword, not the Hero's Blade, technically. Not that it changed anything.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Dr brings up some pretty good points.

And we never really seen Vaati in a 3D game except for maybe a trophy in Smash bros. So he could look like the new guy. Though the design and theme of the sword people lead to BY2K's idea of him actually being a sword. While I do like the look regardless. I am personally hoping he has that personality that is basically "I just want to fuck with you for fun and laugh at your suffering."

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:25 pm

The similarities could be superficial, it could be a continuity nod, or it could be the gilded sword personified. It could be the 3-D introduction of Vaati, or it could be a new chalenger, this we do not yet know.

I am willing to guess that SS takes place between MC and OoT because of the intro to MC [video below] that has a hatless link defeating the forces of evil with a blade forged by the minish called the Picori blade, which shatterd when Vaati opened the sealed chest releasing untold horrors upon the land and never before seen monsters to the denizens of Hyrule. Also the sky people just moved into the clouds in MC and if they are one in the same than MC also showed their origens.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:28 pm

DRTJR wrote:

I am willing to guess that SS takes place between MC and OoT because of the intro to MC [video below] that has a hatless link defeating the forces of evil with a blade forged by the minish called the Picori blade, which shatterd when Vaati opened the sealed chest releasing untold horrors upon the land and never before seen monsters to the denizens of Hyrule. Also the sky people just moved into the clouds in MC and if they are one in the same than MC also showed their origens.

That ALMOST makes perfect sense. Except that the monsters and the evil disappears at the end of Minish Cap (see the ending you posted.)

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:39 pm

But nobody Knew of or about these monsters prior to their arival so if they reappered then there may be knoledge of them.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:52 am

DRTJR wrote:It could still be Vaati

In my opinion, I think it could very well be Vaati.

However I don't like that. Vaati was a fucking gay ass Baddie, who doesnt deserve another game.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 am

Master Quest in Ocarina of Time 3DS Confirmed!?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:03 am

NICE! Never got the chance to play masters quest all the way through. I know what I will be doing with my time when it comes out. Very Happy

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:05 am

Wow, people are already calling Kefkagus an emofag. Somehow the Internet can know just how exactly a character is gonna act/behave like just by looking at him.

smh

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:08 am

Haters gonna hate. He looks awesome. If they are going to get butt hurt over it let them. They will be missing out.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:45 am

I agree with Viero and bugman Internets mad it isn't Ganon

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 pm

geez, the Master Quest; the one Zelda game where shooting a cow's head is the appropriate solution for solving a puzzle.

I found the Spirit Temple to be the hardest though, there was one spot I couldn't figure out the solution to the puzzle and I think something glitched, is how I got through it in the first place. Boggles my mind.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:12 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top