The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  .. on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:45 pm

The whole parallel world was true for both Seasons and Ages, yes?

Ah, Sheogorath IS the Lord.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:01 pm

What about Link's Awakening? You're in a DREAM, for god's sake.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Just because it references games doesn't mean they're in the same dimension. Aside from direct sequels like Majora's Mask and the DS games you could say that ALL Zelda games were happening simultaneously. They just happen to be in a dimension of Hyrule with a past similar to the other games.

...And at least it was a dream IN HYRULE!... I think? Wait, how much sea does Hyrule control?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:26 pm

There's a rumour going around that the timeline in the artbook speaks of not a split timeline, but a 3-way split timeline.

1. Hero of Time succeeds, sent back as a child, goes to Majora's Mask.
2. Hero of Time succeeds, the future timeline where he defeated him goes to Wind Waker.
3. Hero of Time fails, goes to ALttP.

Still here's the timeline has "apparently" told by Nintendo in the book:

Skyward Sword

|

Minish Cap

|

Four Sword

|

Ocarina of Time (Split in to three time lines)

A: Where Hero of Time Fail

B: Where Hero of Time Wins (sent 7yr back)

C: Where Hero of Time Wins (present)

A

Link to the Past
|
Oracle
|
Link Awaken
|
Zelda 1
|
Zelda 2 Link's Adventure

B

Majora's Mask
|
Twilight Princess
|
Four Sword +

C

Wind Waker
|
Hourglass
|
Spirit Tracks

Nintendo has spoken.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Well that's new. Nintendo I applaud thee.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:20 pm

It all makes sense, but it seems weird that the Hero of Time has to 'fail' in order for it all to have started...

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:40 pm

I call bullshit, didn't one of the devs say that it was only an adult/child timeline? Also, FSA is a sequel to FS. Also, how the shit do you go skyward sword into minish cap. I don't fucking get it. I always knew that oracle was followed by awakening, but how does LTTP go into oracle? And how does awakening go into Zelda I? MM->TP makes sense, Wind waker and subsequent make sense but there are too many things here that contradict with what nintendo said that I don't see this as correct.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:28 am

Really, I'm ready to believe this. It's actually pretty brilliant how Ocarina of Time leads into A Link to the Past. The only one that makes me scratch my head is Four Swords Adventures. I'm hoping there's an explanation for its placement on the timeline.
And if this is true, the Link in the Oracles games is the same as the Link in LTTP and Awakening. If we count all timelines, there have been 11 different incarnations of Link.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:47 am

Oh shit yes Nintendo took this Timeline and made it Its bitch.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:43 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Really, I'm ready to believe this. It's actually pretty brilliant how Ocarina of Time leads into A Link to the Past. The only one that makes me scratch my head is Four Swords Adventures. I'm hoping there's an explanation for its placement on the timeline.
And if this is true, the Link in the Oracles games is the same as the Link in LTTP and Awakening. If we count all timelines, there have been 11 different incarnations of Link.

"Aonuma: The GBA Four Swords Zelda is what we’re thinking as the oldest tale in the Zelda timeline. With this one on the GameCube [(FSA)] being a sequel to that, and taking place sometime after that"

From 2004- so now we know minish cap was before FS/FSA, but this quote lends evidence to the fact that FSA has to come somewhat shortly after FS- and not only through a split in the timeline. I mean, I disagree with some of that timeline, but I'll go along with it... Except that placement of FSA makes NO sense and makes me question the legitimacy oF the timeline.

Plot-wise alone, how exactly do you go Master Sword -> Four Sword -> Master Sword -> Four Sword? And IIRC the links in FS and FSA are the same...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 am

The Hero of Time fails timeline can be explained and actually makes a lot of sense.

There's 2 possibilities, but both gives the same result anyway.

1. The moment Child Link draws the Master Sword for the first time, he completely vanishes from that timeline. He never defeats Ganon and the Knights of Hyrule and the Sages have to defeat Ganondorf themselves. This leads to A Link to the Past.

2. There's only one moment in the game where you are forced to go back to the Child Era, to be able to complete the Spirit Temple. Since he got back to the past to change something and goes back to the future after that, think BTTF, and that creates another timeline. One where the Spirit Temple can be completed, with Link defeating Ganondorf afterwards and one where the Spirit Temple is impossible to complete, Link never comes back from the past and never defeat Ganondorf. Once again the Knights and Sages must defeat Ganon alone and that leads once again to A Link to the Past.

Going from Skyward Sword to Minish Cap makes sense, and is the only way it could go. Minish Cap CAN'T be before Skyward Sword, because before Skyward Sword, there is no Hyrule. There is no Kingdom or King
Spoiler:
There's only a war going on between Hylia and Demise. Link and Zelda are the first humans and first Hylian to populate the Surface after this.

FS+ is a sequel to FS, and that's the only real restriction, so FS+ can be put pretty much anywhere.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 pm

Actually, no. The current placement of FSA means that it ONLY exists AFTER TP (meaning that TP is why it exists there) and that makes no sense. And how does the sword in skyward sword become known as the picori blade? I mean, if it turned out that the people of skyloft were actually tiny, I'd say they were the ones that brought down the picori blade and the light force. But they're not. My two major gripes boil down to the fact that FSA only exists in the child timeline, and that idk how skyward sword leads into minish cap. That said, I still believe minish cap is after skyward sword.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:43 am

td260 wrote:Actually, no. The current placement of FSA means that it ONLY exists AFTER TP (meaning that TP is why it exists there) and that makes no sense. And how does the sword in skyward sword become known as the picori blade? I mean, if it turned out that the people of skyloft were actually tiny, I'd say they were the ones that brought down the picori blade and the light force. But they're not. My two major gripes boil down to the fact that FSA only exists in the child timeline, and that idk how skyward sword leads into minish cap. That said, I still believe minish cap is after skyward sword.

What are you talking about? The people of Skyloft becomes Hylian (well, Link and Zelda anyway), the Minish are a completely different race (there is a Wind Tribe in Minish Cap, maybe they are Skyloftian that remained in the Sky after Skyward Sword). The Goddess Sword is the early stage of the Master Sword, not the Picori Blade (which is an early stage of the Four Sword). Again, different swords completely.

You are trying to connect absolutely everything together. That's not how it works. FSA can be put pretty much anywhere on the timeline, it's only rule is to be after Minish Cap and Four Swords. It doesn't matter if FSA is set after TP, neither Vaati or the Four Sword appears in that game.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:28 am

My point was that it DOESN'T make sense- we have no idea where the damn four sword came from. And the thing is, the curremt placement of FSA means that it can only exist in the OoT->MM->TP timeline. Which makes no sense, because none of those games lead into it.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:29 am

Have we ever thought that maybe if something doesn't make sense in Nintendo's Timeline its possibly because they still have to make a game in between two existing games?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:33 am

td260 wrote:My point was that it DOESN'T make sense- we have no idea where the damn four sword came from. And the thing is, the curremt placement of FSA means that it can only exist in the OoT->MM->TP timeline. Which makes no sense, because none of those games lead into it.

Easy.

Sometimes between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap, Hyrule was established, but monsters were still running about. Hyrule was on the verge of destruction when the Minish appears and gave the Hylians the Picori Blade (aka the Four Sword) and the Light Force. The Hero of Men seals the monsters away, then some times later Minish Cap starts and the Four Sword is forged. There. Done. There just isn't a game about that yet.

According to some more translations, the Ganon in FSA is NOT the same Ganon from OoT and TP. In TP, Ganondorf actually dies for good. Apparently (not 100% confirmed here), the Ganon in FSA is another Gerudo male that was born sometimes after Ganondorf dies, took the name or was named Ganondorf (maybe he was a reincarnation, considering Demise's Curse that would add up), stole the Trident of Power and became Ganon. If that is true, then it makes sense to have FSA after TP.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:05 pm

I can't argue anymore since it's 100% confirmed, but here's my question. Why not use the master sword? Why bother with the four sword? But w/e.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:12 am

If there's a timeline for if Link was defeated in OoT, then that means there can be more split timelines accounting for other major games where Link could be defeated too, no?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 am

Therein lies another flaw- this could potentially create so many splinter timelines that it'll just implode.

Also, just a question- where is the master sword during the events of minish cap?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Somewhere.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:41 pm

but you explore pretty much all of hyrule in minish cap. where the hell is it?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:46 pm

How the fuck should I know?

Things get lost, Temple are sealed and/or destroyed. While we're at it, why isn't the Master Sword in Zelda 1 and 2? Where's the Four Sword in every other game that isn't a Four Sword game?

STOP TRYING TO LINK EVERY LITTLE DETAILS.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:55 pm

then why have a timeline?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:57 pm

Because the fanbase has been asking for it for years.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Shit gets lost, things get moved. Hyrule never looks the same or is ever structured the same.

Might as well approach this in an explanation similar to that of the Shivering Isles. Sheogorath has to re-create the entire realm after the "cycle", so shit is never the same. Things are often "misplaced".

There can be a timeline but because of all the differences one can simply assume that the gods recreate the land again.

It may sound stupid, but to me it actually makes some sense.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:13 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top