Nintendo WiiU

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nintendo WiiU

Post  .. on Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:48 pm

I made a Nintendo 3DS thread last year shortly after E3. So here is the WiiU's thread.

I know we have discuss the WiiU in the E3 thread, but this is for future use mainly.
---

Personally I don't like the name, now thats not a big problem. Just something small. I've started just calling it "Wu".
So obviously the controller is a big part, and there is confusion among some people thinking the controller is the console itself. No, there is a console, they just didn't care to show it because either the design isn't final (though they show it on their website) or they just wanted to show how the controller worked. More than likely its the second choice.

Below, in the spoiler tags, is a list of details from http://e3.nintendo.com/

Spoiler:
Launches: 2012

Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.

Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote™ (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii™ controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk™ controller, Classic ControllerTM, Classic Controller ProTM and Wii Balance Board™.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

GPU: AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.

Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nintendo WiiU

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:24 am

No Gamecube ports... So this means I'll have to buy classic controllers for Smash Bros now?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:59 am

sounds like it D: craaaaaap

good thing i have my gold classic controller from goldeneye Cool

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:13 am

External HDDs, nice. It's better than no HDD at all, at least.

CPU:
IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.
GPU:
AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU.

That tells us SOOOOOOO much, Nintendo, thanks. Though it's most likely because the final specs aren't there yet.

Let's see some of the games announced for the Wu, shall we?

- Darksiders 2 (Confirmed for launch. Worth noting that it took only 5 weeks to Vigil Games to have Darksiders 2 up and running on Wii U and that it looks as good as the PS3/360 versions This means that it should be easy for devs to put multi-platform games on Wii U, they shouldn't have any excuse now.)
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (and yes, it was already confirmed by Gearbox that the motion tracker will appear on the Wii U's controller. That's pretty much the first idea they got when they announced the Wii U.)
- Batman: Arhkam City (It's gonna be a little late to the party though, the 360/PS3/PC version is coming out this Fall.)
- Dirt (unclear if it's a new game or Dirt 3.)
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor Edge (not sure, but I think it will be like what the Sigma games are to the Ninja Gaiden series. So think "Ninja Gaiden Sigma 3.")
- Super Smash Bros. 4 (With a twin game on 3DS.)
- Pikmin 3. (Fucking finally and I totally called it. It's the perfect game to showcase the power of the system and of course the controller.)

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:29 am

Right, if Vigil Games can get it running for Wu that quickly, whose to say Valve won't jump along? Granted there is nothing supporting this, but I bet Valve is at least discussing it. Same goes for Bethesda Softworks. Wasn't Fallout 4 rumored to be released on Wu? BY2K where was that list of rumored titles that had FO4 on it?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:43 am

irony that every pikman has been on a different console? still i'm happy for it, love that series Very Happy

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:47 am

the Wiiu makes me feel conflicted

I hate spending a lot of money, but I'm sure that one way or another, I'll be pursueded in buying this system as well.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:35 am

DarkFalco wrote:irony that every pikman has been on a different console?

Pikmin 1 and 2 were on gamecube.

Also guessing time. What new color pikmin do you think they will put in and what will it do?

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:10 am

Viero wrote:Also guessing time. What new color pikmin do you think they will put in and what will it do?

Salmon! For better swimming!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:16 am

AvosMeLardo wrote:
Viero wrote:Also guessing time. What new color pikmin do you think they will put in and what will it do?

obviously either flying or digging abilities......so Id say a green and a brown pikmin

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:46 am

Outlaw wrote:Right, if Vigil Games can get it running for Wu that quickly, whose to say Valve won't jump along? Granted there is nothing supporting this, but I bet Valve is at least discussing it. Same goes for Bethesda Softworks. Wasn't Fallout 4 rumored to be released on Wu? BY2K where was that list of rumored titles that had FO4 on it?

It should still be somewhere in the E3 thread, gimme a sec...

- Mini-games collection (a-la Wii Sports)
- Mario Kart
- Super Smash Bros. 4 (Confirmed.)
- Endless Ocean
- Pikmin (Confirmed.)
- Kirby
- Zelda Collection
- Animal Crossing
- Kid Icarus
- Donkey Kong Country
- Super Mario
- Dead Rising 2
- Street Fighter IV
- Resident Evil 5 "or something that looked like it,"
- Silent Hill Downpour
- a new Suda51 game that is "not No More Heroes" but is about "something hunting demons," (Shadow of the Damned?)
- "some mech game"
- Trauma Center: Current Crisis
- Soul Calibur
- Tekken (Confirmed.)
- GTA V
- Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles,
- "some Metal Gear Solid game where you play as a girl,"
- "some cyber punk game" that looks like Snatcher
- Gradius
- Contra (A Contra game was teased by Konami, but we don't know if it will release on Wii U.)
- Castlevania
- "Fallout 3 or 4."

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:22 am

A Zelda Collection, ... Awesome, what games will be in it? the nes Zeldas, Minish Cap, Majora's mask, the Oracle seriers?

Soul Calibur is coming to the WU *Fan girl squeal* Will Link be a guest Character again? Will the Zombie Pirate return.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 am

DRTJR wrote:A Zelda Collection, ... Awesome, what games will be in it? the nes Zeldas, Minish Cap, Majora's mask, the Oracle seriers?

Soul Calibur is coming to the WU *Fan girl squeal* Will Link be a guest Character again? Will the Zombie Pirate return.

Its a rumor list. Released before E3. Don't believe it fully.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:25 am

Calm down. I'm pretty sure that list isn't legit.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:27 pm

King Avalanche wrote:
AvosMeLardo wrote:

obviously either flying or digging abilities......so Id say a green and a brown pikmin
This is actually kinda what I was thinking. Or maybe bring back the bomb rocks.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Spoiler:

http://www.dorkly.com/article/17359/the-greatest-prank-nintendo-ever-pulled

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Miyamoto is a troll. This is official now.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:42 pm

It amuses me greatly though. Wonder how long it's going to be before MS and Sony to put screens in their controllers.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Relmitos wrote:It amuses me greatly though. Wonder how long it's going to be before MS and Sony to put screens in their controllers.

They'll add them five seconds before Nintendo announces that they're doing something else.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:06 am

Wu won't support DVD or Blu Ray

Goddammit. No, I don't have a Blu Ray player, and the Wii U having one would have been nice. Guess I'll just have to wait for the Homebrew option...

At least it keeps costs down, but how much does the capability actually cost? Speaking of which, I'm guessing it'll retail for $350 for North America. Y/N?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:05 am

smashbro wrote:Wu won't support DVD or Blu Ray

Goddammit. No, I don't have a Blu Ray player, and the Wii U having one would have been nice. Guess I'll just have to wait for the Homebrew option...

At least it keeps costs down, but how much does the capability actually cost? Speaking of which, I'm guessing it'll retail for $350 for North America. Y/N?

C'mon, man, nowadays Blu-Ray players are just over 100$. Or you can have one on your PC for the same price. Don't start talking about hacking your console when it's still more than a year away from release. It's kind of depressing.

350$ sounds about right.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Bugman wrote:Don't start talking about hacking your console when it's still more than a year away from release. It's kind of depressing.

So, about that region locking...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:18 pm

Bugman wrote:
smashbro wrote:Wu won't support DVD or Blu Ray

C'mon, man, nowadays Blu-Ray players are just over 100$. Or you can have one on your PC for the same price.
That's money I don't feel like spending. If it was packed in a Wu, I could probably overlook that though.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:10 pm

While I would have liked it to have been included out of convenience...they're kind of right. I do already own a DVD player. >_>

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:16 pm

I own a DVD player. Its called my computer.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:33 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top