The Whatever Thread

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TD260 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:45 pm

We do. And my current grade is about 259 people.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Yeah, we have individual classes, but we'd have the 'class of 2008', which was all the year 12s in my graduating year. But yeah, wow, my school seems tiny compared to yours haha. 1200 people were in my school, total, but that was PREP (i.e. the pre-schoolers) to year 12...4/5 year olds to 17/18 year olds. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:29 pm

My graduating year had around five hundred people. Altogether the school had about 2200 students, and average class size was about thirty students

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Huge explosion on the sun earlier today. Nbd.

Blast wasn't aimed squarely toward Earth, but may still affect it's magnetic fields. Between June 8th and June 9th be on the look out for auroras in the sky, if you're of high latitude.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:34 pm

Mine's a lot closer to what Camilla's was, though I don't know the exact amount, but it made up for it by being extremely competitive. The top 10% were above 96 for an overall average (mine is approx 99.5, previous school record was 98.7, 2nd in the class has a 97.6 I think). If you look at the past six or so years and the next six (as projected), our class stands out, a lot.

Well, at least academically. Athletically it all goes to the current junior class.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Well in our school, all the classes of my year combined were like 40 people, if at all.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:00 am

thats how it was at a friends school. he was of a graduating class of 35 students, really small school.

in other news i hung out with the guy who's been flirting with me with quite a few other friends. he had managed to get to the house ok which was great. when everyone decided they wanted to go to steak n shake nearby he decided he was going to head home, but he asked me to ride with him to get him back to the main road since steak n shake was off of the road. so i did, and as i was about to get out of the car i told him, "if you were still wanting to know, i'm over danny (my ex) now." his response, "ok" i think he didn't know what to say to that Razz

if i hadn't mentioned it earlier the reason why i said what i did to him tonight was because i had told him previously that i wasn't over my ex yet and that i wasn't sure how i felt about any guy at that point in time, but that i was keeping an open mind for the future. so hopefully this all goes well...

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:31 am

I was ranked 7th out of some 500 people in my graduating class. Never got a single B, but because I had band, I didn't quite have the time to take as many weighted advanced classes as my peers.

Still, Q's got everyone beat on that one. I never got to have a speech. V_V

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:49 pm

I've got no idea how many people were in my year at high school. We never really associated outside our own forms. The blue ties (year 10/11) were probably about 400 combined, the 6th Form 150 or so.

My final year of uni I was in a class of 6 Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:31 pm

I am 11th in terms of GPA

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:20 pm

We appear to have some academic superstars on this forum. Congrats guys. Personally, I ended my year with honors, and that was good enough for me. That REALLY pissed off the rest of the class, whoever actually had classes with me anyways. During my senior year, I tried to stay awake, but I just couldn't, and I started falling asleep during the classes. The funny part? I still did better then most of the class. Took a math test once, got it back, scored a high B on it, girl next to me looks to see what I made and goes "You made a B?!?! You sleep during all the classes, and I work my ass off and made a C!" Best part is, she was blond. That made it all the more funny. Math teacher woke me up once and told me to do a problem on the board, thinking she'd embarrass me awake. I got up, solved it correctly in a good time, fell back to sleep, she didn't wake me up like that again.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:20 pm

AP world history should be known as Nap Time, I got a high A in the Class and a 4 on the AP test.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:43 pm

I can't bring myself to do any work. I'd do okay at uni if I could make myself work, but I just can't do it. D:

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:55 pm

Relmitos wrote:We appear to have some academic superstars on this forum. Congrats guys. Personally, I ended my year with honors, and that was good enough for me. That REALLY pissed off the rest of the class, whoever actually had classes with me anyways. During my senior year, I tried to stay awake, but I just couldn't, and I started falling asleep during the classes. The funny part? I still did better then most of the class. Took a math test once, got it back, scored a high B on it, girl next to me looks to see what I made and goes "You made a B?!?! You sleep during all the classes, and I work my ass off and made a C!" Best part is, she was blond. That made it all the more funny. Math teacher woke me up once and told me to do a problem on the board, thinking she'd embarrass me awake. I got up, solved it correctly in a good time, fell back to sleep, she didn't wake me up like that again.

Haha, yeah. I never fell asleep, but I definitely slacked on quite a bit of homework. One reason college is throwing me for a loop, is because I never got good work ethic from high school. Being smart and listening occasionally was enough to excel.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I can't really brag about my grade ranking (and neither can TD, probably) because we go to one of the top schools in the country, and the retards in our school are smarter than the closest school's Valedictorian.

For any indication of how well I'm doing, I found out I have a chance of getting into an Ivy league school, so yeah.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:27 pm

For my school I'm retarded. >.>

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:37 pm

I feel so dumb. I got in to uni by the fact that I'd done piano up to 8th grade examinations. That gave me a ranking high enough to get in to Arts/Journalism.

Then I discovered I hated Journalism.

Also I just realised I'm pretty much having a quarter-life crisis. Yep.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Relmitos wrote:Math teacher woke me up once and told me to do a problem on the board, thinking she'd embarrass me awake. I got up, solved it correctly in a good time, fell back to sleep, she didn't wake me up like that again.

I did this in Spanish once, it was... amusing.
Personally, I'm not brilliant, or rather... I could be, if I wasn't so damn lazy. I barely graduated. I hated math class, never was much for the rediculous equations and such that I have zero interest in, every other class I usually aced (Assuming I remembered to do the homework), so yeah... I'm pretty much just the slacker.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:I can't really brag about my grade ranking (and neither can TD, probably) because we go to one of the top schools in the country, and the retards in our school are smarter than the closest school's Valedictorian.

For any indication of how well I'm doing, I found out I have a chance of getting into an Ivy league school, so yeah.

Yeah, my school has a similar situation, ranked pretty high on the small-schools level in the region (possibly the state? Not sure). Yet we've had a couple years with valedictorians who didn't deserve their position, and took easy classes to gain the #1 spot with insignificant effort. As an indicator, the valedictorian last year I'm 90% sure didn't get higher than a 4 on any AP tests, whereas this year not only myself but the #6 kid (and I think the #2 as well but she's a ways lower) have about a 4.5 average across the board for AP exams, with nothing BELOW 4. This led the school board to finally weight AP classes (though nothing else) with a 1.05 multiplier, which is apparently pretty low by statewide and nationwide standards for AP weights. Part of my goal throughout high school was to continue to take the harder classes and challenge myself as much as possible but still maintain my ranking, and it has been, to say the least, a harrowing fight. I've become accustomed to studying even when I don't need to, for things I know like the back of my hand, and it was for a long time quite a source of stress. Put simply, it was a self-set goal I did everything I could to accomplish.

Anyways, trying to finish my last couple research papers tonight, and then I'm essentially done for good.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:16 pm

My grades slowly started getting worse, when I realised that I don't really cared about school anymore. I'm pretty sure, that I could have done better, but didn't see the point in doing so. I still got into my academy, despite having a 4(second worst grade) in Math. In there, I had a GPA of 1.9(1=best, 5=worst), which made me one of the worst students of my class. And you know what? In the end, nobody gave a damn.

@Cam: hope you get soon over it :-/

@Q: see you hopefully soon on Steam, when you get the time :3

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:21 am

Rocket Admin Camilla wrote:

Also I just realised I'm pretty much having a quarter-life crisis. Yep.

Welcome to my world. Line up for your free T-shirt.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:01 am

in junior high we would do the state reading/math/science/writing comprehension stuff. my reading comprehension was that of a freshmen in college.........when i was 11. yeeeaaaah i like to read.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 am

I am disliking all this academic talk.

Did average in highschool, dropped out of my first course in college and didn't make it through the second one. Now im in art school and all my teachers complain about my procrastination and work-attitude.
Honestly do not see myself become a successfull member of society. I joke alot about being a hobo, but thats only because at the moment thats probably the only vision i have of the future at the moment.
I'm kindof hoping my life ends before i finish this course, so that no one can expect me to actually live a normal life :S

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 am

Hey.

Hey guys.

I have a girlfriend.

I don't think I brag about that enough.

P.S. This was her birthday gift for me

That's all

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 am

Perrytheplatypus wrote:I am disliking all this academic talk.

Did average in highschool, dropped out of my first course in college and didn't make it through the second one. Now im in art school and all my teachers complain about my procrastination and work-attitude.
Honestly do not see myself become a successfull member of society. I joke alot about being a hobo, but thats only because at the moment thats probably the only vision i have of the future at the moment.
I'm kindof hoping my life ends before i finish this course, so that no one can expect me to actually live a normal life :S

Yeah. I'm going through the same thing. I joke about being a prostitute, but that's only because at the moment that's probably the only vision I have of the future at the moment.
*hugs for Perry* I'm...I really understand how you feel.

In lighter news, today was Brisbane's coldest June day since 1916. We had a maximum temperature of 13 degrees. Bearing in mind, a normal winter day here is about 20. So basically, it was bloody cold. I guess people will be like "hurr that's not cold" but where I live, I'm still comfortable in jeans in 30 degrees. Yeah.

Speaking of jeans, I got told I look incredible from behind, ahahaha. I lost a lot of weight when I was sick and I haven't yet put it back on so I'm getting a few compliments on my appearance. It feels pretty good. Sure, I have nothing else going for me, especially compared to most people here, but at least I have a great arse.
(this is going to be convienient when I take up the earlier mentioned job of prostitution).

And then shit happens like people yell at me for stuff that wasn't my fault and I lose internet for five hours so I guess that's counteracting the positive quite forcefully. Bluh.

At least I finally have shifts at work again. A six hour Sunday shift, no less, so $150 for one day of work. I am not complaining.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:15 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top