The Whatever Thread

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:13 pm

JGH27 wrote:I admit defeat, everyone was right all along. As such I'm going to work a shitty job that I hate and I'm gonna stop dreaming and face reality. People want me to give up so I have.

Damn it J, I thought you knew better than to listen to people saying you can not do things. You are only 23 and you are already going to give up on your dream that fast?...That is really disappointing.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MementoMori on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:25 am

"don't ever let somebody tell you you can't do something. Not even me, alright?. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want something go get it, period." - Pursuit of Happyness.

Cheesy? Maybe, but I don't think he's wrong. Hell, he's a millionaire now. Very Happy

MementoMori
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:24 am

Theres a difference between letting go of your dreams and living a normal fucking life.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 am

Ryan, a person saying he is giving up and that he is going to stop dreaming is the same thing as letting go of your dreams. Besides, I did not respond like that because I don't want him to have a normal life, he can do whatever he wants. I said that because we all know what his dream is and should not give up on it no matter what happens.

Very good quote Markie, love that movie.

Last edited by Viero on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:04 am

Viero wrote:he can do whatever I want.

The truth comes out...

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:07 am

Wow, god damn it. Sorry, ignore that. In school right now and I was thinking of some other stuff.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:16 am

lmao, I found it amusing so no harm, no foul.

Still very bleh feeling but it's mainly certain stresses getting to me.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:36 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Theres a difference between letting go of your dreams and living a normal fucking life.

This. So much this.

Listen, J, my opinion on this is pretty easy. Don't let go of your dream, but get a job. A normal, 9 to 5 job. Don't let it get to you tho, don't let the routine stick, but learn to stand and walk before you go running. You're standing upright now, you know your shit, and you can see your goal. But you're going head over heals, instead of taking the time to settle. And i mean that mostly financially. I don't know how you support yourself right now, but i know that, even for people with dreams like yours, they need a stable income before they can go out and do the things they like/love.

Same goes for Vie, who i've heard would rather be dead than not work with 3d. Nice statement, but not realistic.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Vie's right J, you're only 23. Wait until your mid twenties before you start giving up hope Razz

I know that feeling though, we're pretty much in the same boat. Our dream jobs are niche positions in a career path that has very few opportunities, and what openings do show up there's insane competition for. It's fucking disheartening. But don't give up. We all have to take shitty jobs, and depressing as it is you just have to wait and keep trying to get your foot on the ladder. Might take months, might take days, who knows, but you've dabbled in what you want to do. Remember how fantastic is was and keep trying to achieve it.

Failing all else, screw it, let's get together and open up a museum of wrestling and dead animals. Then we're both sorted Very Happy

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Raya wrote:Failing all else, screw it, let's get together and open up a museum of wrestling and dead animals. Then we're both sorted Very Happy

Wrestling zombie animals? Sounds like fun to me! I'd definately go to that museum Razz

Seriously though J, don't give up or anything, just roll with the 9-5 job for a while, pick up the income, and then use your free time to work on what it is you really want to do. I work at Wal-Mart for a reason, and I assure you, it's not because I intend to work there until I'm sixty.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:44 pm

Ansem wrote:
Same goes for Vie, who i've heard would rather be poor and hungry than not work with 3d. Nice statement, but not realistic.

Fix'd

Lol kinda curious where you heard that I would rather be dead than not work with 3D.

Though as before. I said I know I would more than likely have to get a crap job. But once I get my debt paid which should not be too hard. I am going to quit my job and spend that time look for a job in 3D or getting started as a Freelancer.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Why not keep the job, and use the off time to look for a job.

People seem to want to do extremes. "I have to do this, and only this." "I quit my job and use ALL the time to look for the perfect job".
And what will you do to pay the rent/food/other expenses off while you're out looking for that job?
Not to be buzz killington here folks, just sharing bits of reality for the starry eyed dreamers.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:38 pm

1. Quit Job
2. Sell models online
3. Make my portfolio even better
4. Use money from selling models to start up my website for freelance work.
5. Find jobs online to make models to get my name out there thus bringing more people to my site.
6. Not having to pay for a car or rent as I am going to be staying at home for a lot longer then just when I turn 18.
7. Profit

That's why I am not going to keep the job. Call it unrealistic but as you could tell already. that is not going to stop me from doing this.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Yet another great day.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:16 pm

Congratulations on your great days Outlaw.

Also, Ansem, isn't that what I suggested? O.o

Vie, I think you'd be better off keeping the job until after you've sold your models at a steady rate, otherwise I don't see things going that well for you

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:39 pm

Viero wrote:
5. Find jobs online to make models to get my name out there thus bringing more people to my site.

There are thousands of 3D modeler jobs that need to be worked on. Besides, money is not a issue. As I said before. I am not going to be moving out until I am years older than 18. So I can quit my job and still be in the same spot as I am right now money wise. Which is no problem for me as I am going to have to get use to not having steady pay when working Freelance full time.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:10 pm

From my facebook sadly

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:21 pm

and they're hairs fine?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Dude boxed bleach is perfectly fine.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 pm

Guess it's time to spill some things.

Everyday I wake up it takes me 20-60 minutes to get out of bed. I am constantly in discomfort-pain. While I can push through this to reach my goals I'm also very aware that to make serious money in a major company I have a VERY small window of opportunity left at 23. While I can't say that I'd ever make the WWE, I know that once I hit 28+ it'll be pretty much impossible. This combined with needing at least a year of training before I have any matches just has my whole mind messed up.

As for a 9-5 job, the job I'm going to is mostly nights (when training is) and will prevent me from doing the tours I so badly want to do (ie going to Manitoba to work for a full month as a ref). Plus, the money I make at said job barely covers the bills so as usual I'm stuck without the funds for training.

These things among many others just have me completely depressed. If this was the 60's-late 80's there'd be lots of places to get steady work and live off of. Today though it's just not there.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:05 am

Yeah, I hate to rain on your parade, but are you sure that wrestling is something you should go for if you're constantly in discomfort and pain? I mean, that's pretty dangerous...
I mean yeah, it's good to have a dream and all, but I guess sometimes it's a little...impractical? I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic, but yeah.

In slightly nicer news, I may be getting my shit together. Applying to do a Diploma of Accounting, which'll let me in to a Bachelor of Business (Accounting), then I can look at being an accountant. Yay. Sure it's not as fun as writing romance novels, but I've always liked finance and numbers.

At least, once I call the tertiary admissions centre I can sort it out. It's just that I went to call them after I called the place where I want to study, only to find that they close at 4:30. Bastards.

Here's hoping it works out :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:44 am

This is why I love Gabe Newell.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm

But..."episode 3 ships in" is 6 syllables...

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:40 pm

Pineapple wrote:Yeah, I hate to rain on your parade, but are you sure that wrestling is something you should go for if you're constantly in discomfort and pain? I mean, that's pretty dangerous...
I mean yeah, it's good to have a dream and all, but I guess sometimes it's a little...impractical? I'm sorry if I sound pessimistic, but yeah.

It's no different from most people in the business except I think it takes most longer to reach this point. Then again, they also train and are better conditioned to take the pain. Me, not so much right now.

Don't worry, you don't sound pessimistic, you sound realistic. I'm just under a lot of stresses right now and as such am really in a bad funk. If I can get through the next month I may be able to better cope with it all.

Hope all the accounting stuff goes well Smile

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:49 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:But..."episode 3 ships in" is 6 syllables...

Yeah had he left "in" out it would have been perfect. But I still think its awesome.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top