Left 4 Dead

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Left 4 Dead

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:43 am

JGH27 wrote:
MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:Well you'll need to put up a picture so I know who's mind I'm taking, there's a lot of minds out there you know and I don't want to accidentally take the wrong one.

(Entertains the thought of swapping Obama and Paris Hiltons minds for a few fleeting moments)

Would it not be awesome (and scary?) if I were to take her mind and coincidently she called you the next day asking to "talk" ? xD

Hmm, well it would be pretty awesome I'm not sure if posting her pic on here is a good idea. I just wouldn't feel right about it. Thanks for the offer but I gotta just try and move on Sad

Also, I just played the WORST 360 ever on the weekend. It was to the point of throwing controllers and cursing up a storm lol

EDIT: Umm, I know you never saw a pic but she suddenly started talkn o me oline (as in I never initiated the convo) and is now single again. All I can say is DAMN!

Coincidence? Or.....

MIND TAKING!

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:45 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
JGH27 wrote:
MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:Well you'll need to put up a picture so I know who's mind I'm taking, there's a lot of minds out there you know and I don't want to accidentally take the wrong one.

(Entertains the thought of swapping Obama and Paris Hiltons minds for a few fleeting moments)

Would it not be awesome (and scary?) if I were to take her mind and coincidently she called you the next day asking to "talk" ? xD

Hmm, well it would be pretty awesome I'm not sure if posting her pic on here is a good idea. I just wouldn't feel right about it. Thanks for the offer but I gotta just try and move on Sad

Also, I just played the WORST 360 ever on the weekend. It was to the point of throwing controllers and cursing up a storm lol

EDIT: Umm, I know you never saw a pic but she suddenly started talkn o me oline (as in I never initiated the convo) and is now single again. All I can say is DAMN!

Coincidence? Or.....

MIND TAKING!
I vote coincidence.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:46 am

Coincedence, she's back with the guy now.

On the upside, I've met an awesome girl so it's easier to take the rejection lol. You know you have something good when you start your e-mails off quoting bits from the Monkees song Razz

Anyways, Left4Dead is still fun

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:55 am

Tactics for winning (or improving odds of) in L4D while playing as Infected:- If a survivor that broke away from the group gets pounced or smoked and the other survivors go to make the save, go for the one at the back as the others will have to turn around and intervene which will cost precious health to the first survivor. Also this saves you from being blown away from the other survivors instantly like you would if you pounced the survivor at the front of the rescue squad.

- If survivors are huddled in a corner and your playing as a hunter, try to get above them (without pouncing) during a horde attack, the survivors will usually be too busy dealing with the 100 or so zombies to worry about the hunter giving them a labotomy and the hunters claw attack does more damage per a hit... just don't expect to get em all or leap away when things get ugly.

- Simple tactic as a smoker is to try and drag a survivor over an edge, if the survivor unfortunately grabs a ledge that's as much as the smoker can hope to do. But while a survivor is helping the fallen up and the others are huddled closely together get a hunter to pounce one, if your real lucky you'll push a survivor over the one that's clinging the edge and since that part is already "in use" they'll plummet to their horrible death.

- Use your surroundings, especially when playing the likes of Blood Harvest. If you incapacitate a survivor near woods, you as any infected (preferabley a hunter due to speed) can sneak out of the woods and deliver a single claw to the downed survivor to knock them back down then quickly retreat into the forest. Most players I've noticed tend to ignore you the first few times and are more focused on getting their teammate out of the mud, but do it too often (if your still alive to do so) and you may wanna leap or sneak to another set of woods because that timber will surely be mowed down with hot lead to do away with you.

- For the love of pete do NOT engage survivors while playing as the Tanker IN THE OPEN! It boggled my mind to see this done so many times on the team I was playing with, survivors can outrun a tank in the open all the while shooting at it with automatic weapons, there is unfortunately no tips for dealing with survivors that have a molatov poised and ready. Press select (or TAB for PC) to see what survivor has them and focus on downing them with rocks at a distance if possible, unless there's water nearby you'll be stuck on fire till you die and most survivors tend to run the otherway once your on fire because they know this as well.

- Dealing with particularly skilled or close-knit survivor groups, I've been humbled a few times by survivor teams which just utterly refused to be brought down and given that this has happened it's difficult to provide tips on how to avoid it. Only one I can think of is to wait until ALL infected are ready to spawn then wait for a crucial time to strike, don't wait too long though as these sort of survivors tend to piss bolt through a level, best method to use is to smoke a survivor then have the boomer barf on them while still smoked, the other hunters should try (and pray) to pounce the other survivors. Countering this tip there is that unknown chance that the AI director may throw medpacks to the group every few corners (or every corner, which i've seen happen). If this happens best you can do is focus on one survivor so that when they use their medpack and get beaten down again another survivor will start healing them which puts a healthy survivor out of commission temporarily.

Some that have played this game might already be clued on to these tips or already applied them to other games (not sure what though) but I hope this helps. Happy Zombie Apocolypse! What a Face

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kore on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am

The game is fun for the first month, but then it lose's its touch. After beating some of the expert missions you start to realise, wow I'm playing with 12 year olds who think penis is funny and negro should be involved after every word. The whole multiplayer is fun, but not when your stuck having to keep whatching there backs and making sure that they don't use there heath pack when they still have 3/4 health and theres a guy dying. It also pisses me off when you find your allie is all the way somewhere else getting killed by a hunter, even though I clearly said to the guy, don't go chasing that hunter alright?

The point is that yes, killing zombies is fun but theres only certain amount of time before it lose's its touch.

tips:

-Run, don't stop and shoot at every fucking thing. It's annoying and gets bad, because then I'm stuck having to go back and babysit them.
-Yes witches are bad, yes you will kill yourself, yes that witch is in a room...where we shouldn't go....wait what do you mean someone is suddenly incapitated?
-Always make sure to have a molotov for the tank.

No mercy tips:

-At the starting of the campaingne you'll be on a roof. If you go in back of you you'll find a ventilation system on the wall ,the building infront of you. Jump on that, it saves you alot of time and maybe even health. But please be carefull, don't jump to the ventilation system, just run to it. You will lose about 20 hp though but its worth it.
-In the third chapter when you leave the safe room go straight through the building, you find yourself at a parked car inside a garage. In the corner theres usualy better weapons, or if not theres still probably molotovs or pipe bombs.
-In the same chapter, when you past the burger place, you'll be outside wheres theres two semi's and a gas station. Blow it up by shooting it a couple times. NOTICE stay away from it, this will incap you instantly if to close! But if you shoot you don't have to worry about a noob shooting when everyone is next to it...therefor losing half you team. Shooting it will also give you a clearer path to a chance to get better weapons.
-In the before last chapter you'll find yourself at an elevator. This one isn't really a tip but more of a don't be a douch and run off somewhere. Anyways, when at the elevator theres a table with ammo, go in back of the table. Now your set so no one can hurt you.
-Last chapter, when on the roof where the radio is, theres a closet. Go inside the closet with two people crouched and two people standing up. The people crouching go at the front and the people standing up go in the back. The people crouching whack(but don't spam your wacks, because of the update you can only wack a certain amount of times) and the people standing up shoot the zombies. When the tank comes stay in the closet, but go a bit further inside so everyone can focus fire on it.

Death toll tips:

-On the chapter called "The Sewers" right when you leave the safe room you find out that theres two ways to go, go to the right.

Dead Air tips:

-At the chapter called "the crane" when you reach the crane, stay on the crane and then call the horde.
- The rest of the campaingne is pretty straight forward. Kill, run and stick together.

Blood harvest tips:

-On the chapter "The warehouse" when you reach the point where you have to open the door, to call the horde, go inside the room. There should be a gasoline tank inside(or outside) the room. Put it outside the door you came in from. Now get one person to keep opening and closing the door(the one thats calls the horde) this will stop the zombies from entering from that door. Now on the other side(where the gasoline tank is) blow up the gasoline tank, that will kill all infected trying to come from the door. NOTICE don't put the gas tank right next to the door but further ahead, so you don't get caught in the fire.
-On the chapter "The Train Station" when you have to activate the train to make a bridge. Get everyone to stand where the bridge will fall, and someone else to activate the train. When the bridge falls, rush to the safe house. If your fast enough, and if your teamnates don't suck you'll make it without even getting hurt!
-On the last chapter, you'll have to pass a cornfield, this cornfield will activate a horde when you go inside it. So if you want to make it out without getting hurt, rush. Inside the cornfield your going to find an empty spot with a tracter, that is where you'll hear crows, and the horde will come. Anyways, go to the rigt of the tracter and run, then you'll find a radio tower that fell over, jump over it and the house should be there.
-On the same chapter, when inside the house theres a bathroom on the second floor, do the same thing as I told you to do in "No Mercy"

Thank you bounce

Kore
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:32 pm

Bought this today. Part of the reason was the discount, the other...

That. I want to shoot some fuckin teletubbies.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:59 am

smashbro wrote:Bought this today. Part of the reason was the discount, the other...

That. I want to shoot some fuckin teletubbies.

to shoot the teletubbies is a fuckin good argument Wink

I like L4D2 and it makes a lot of fun to kill some zombies. Very Happy

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon May 02, 2011 4:31 am

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109695-Left-4-Dead-Zombies-Appear-in-Ocarina-of-Times-Kokiri-Forest

fucking awesome Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon May 02, 2011 5:04 am

I will be giving it a try.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu May 19, 2011 9:51 pm

So, I actually just gave that Zelda map a try. It is EXCELLENT! As long as you have someone to play with and not just computers, because computers can't quite figure out that whole "don't stand under the ceiling when it comes down to the floor" thing. Because of that I couldn't finish the whole Forest Temple section of the map, I could get somewhere over halfway(how do I know it was over halfway? I had returned two of the four torches to their braziers, stupid poe girls). The finale took some effort, but I had a great big laugh when I saw it. If you play it, make sure you grab a melee weapon and hang onto it. I don't recommend pistols or a magnum. Loosely translated, if you like a little puzzle mixed in with your zombie killing so that it's not just a mad dash to the end, this map is for you.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat May 21, 2011 2:38 am

I decided to download it and play it too and yeah it is amazing. But holy fuck are the bots bad at it, you seriously need real people to play it. Some of you guys should get it so we can actually get through the map.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat May 21, 2011 6:13 am

I will get it and join you guys. Are we going to play sometime today? If so that would be awesome.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue May 24, 2011 10:10 am

Just played through the Vienna Calling custom campaign. Not too hard on normal and they put a lot of effort into the mapdesign. But god, those maps are bloody long Razz So many SI as well. All in all, I can recommend downloading it.

And the pilot talking Viennese mad me facepalm Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Playing with Weldar and Perry on a custom map, we failed the finale the first time. I then proceeded to spawn underground in an untextured room and had to kill myself.

So what do you do? You start some sick fires, man.

Spoiler:

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 am

shenanigans at Tractordeep

Spoiler:

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:10 am

So much shenanigans

Spoiler:

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:28 am

so AWESOME

Spoiler:

there is so much missing

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:27 pm

Anybody up for some Dead Air L4D2 version tonight?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top