Mafia Game 14: Pose as a team. The world is real.

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 14: Pose as a team. The world is real.

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:51 pm

Yeah, Avos, your concern is unfounded, and based more on paranoia than anything else. If you have read any past game in which I played, you’ll realize that my strategy for the first couple days is usually to present a few theories to pressure players and then test reactions. Game 7, Snake’s first game, I created a lynch-the-host bandwagon not merely because I wanted to see if it would do anything, but in order to see how others reacted. This led me, quite correctly, to go for Avalanche day 2 as I didn’t have time to do so day 1, and focus all my energy on him. My principle strategy here was a reaction test, and Viero failed it.

As for Smashbro, he’s a very perceptive scumhunter, and readily picks up on these sorts of patterns. When he posited the theory about the dogpile on Requiem being a cover for Weldar, I still was more comfortable going for Viero. So I tested Weldar’s reaction. Sure enough, his response gave me reason to suspect him. Weldar was a solid lynch to push, as his alignment could help me judge those who had gone after Req, as well as Smashbro and Viero himself. Since Weldar turned up mafian, I feel smash can most likely be trusted, as I doubt he would bus a mafia player as strong as Weldar when there was little to no suspicion on him in the first place. Weldar being mafia also reinforced my suspicions of Viero, as Weldar’s attempt to appear innocent relied on voting for Viero, who had been thoroughly condemned. That wouldn't have been an intelligent move had Viero been townie, and Weldar's an intelligent player. Neither of these suspicions arose without reason, and Weldar's lynch ended up being the perfect method of helping sort out a few others. Thankfully we're now rid of Viero, and can proceed freely from here.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:05 am

I was one of the first to perform a successful Mafia Kills Mafia, Gains Towns Trust move. It just seems like something that you only try once. At this point in our gameplay, we all know each others little tricks and moves. How we all act, our strategy's.

Oops, there I go playing again.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:59 am

Perrytheplatypus wrote:Yeah, apparently there were some things at play.
I can back snake up now, i guess :\

A suggestion stemming from this whole business I forgot to make last night. Hosts post an end of day tally at the beginning of the lynch post. This way it's clear if there's lynch slips or vote manip at play and we can see if there were any mistakes (alos game up a couple of times in Minby's game with miscounts) AND it makes it easier for looking back at previous day's recoards having the lynch and the final tally in the same place.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:22 am

Quaetam wrote:Yeah, Avos, your concern is unfounded, and based more on paranoia than anything else. If you have read any past game in which I played, you’ll realize that my strategy for the first couple days is usually to present a few theories to pressure players and then test reactions. Game 7, Snake’s first game, I created a lynch-the-host bandwagon not merely because I wanted to see if it would do anything, but in order to see how others reacted. This led me, quite correctly, to go for Avalanche day 2 as I didn’t have time to do so day 1, and focus all my energy on him. My principle strategy here was a reaction test, and Viero failed it.

As for Smashbro, he’s a very perceptive scumhunter, and readily picks up on these sorts of patterns. When he posited the theory about the dogpile on Requiem being a cover for Weldar, I still was more comfortable going for Viero. So I tested Weldar’s reaction. Sure enough, his response gave me reason to suspect him. Weldar was a solid lynch to push, as his alignment could help me judge those who had gone after Req, as well as Smashbro and Viero himself. Since Weldar turned up mafian, I feel smash can most likely be trusted, as I doubt he would bus a mafia player as strong as Weldar when there was little to no suspicion on him in the first place. Weldar being mafia also reinforced my suspicions of Viero, as Weldar’s attempt to appear innocent relied on voting for Viero, who had been thoroughly condemned. That wouldn't have been an intelligent move had Viero been townie, and Weldar's an intelligent player. Neither of these suspicions arose without reason, and Weldar's lynch ended up being the perfect method of helping sort out a few others. Thankfully we're now rid of Viero, and can proceed freely from here.

Understandable, yes proceed freely to do as you please, is what you are saying. I just don't want the end game to be down to the last three people, and the odd man out says, "G, Guys, Y W3 N0 F1nd D0s3 M4f14nsz!?!?11?2" "D13" "0 n0sz!?!11 1 twust3d U!?!BBQ"

Also why smash first? I guess it doesn't matter if you both are of the same caliper of player. Of the many games I read I must have missed the one that smash was big in so it really doesn't matter. So I figured if one goes and I'm right then we continue with taking action. If I'm wrong I go next and the town still has one good hunter to continue on. You guys are both good so which ever side you are on is beneficial for that side. If you are mafian then I'd like to squash you guys taking everything over, but if you are town, we are just slightly hampered, either way the town still has a shot at winning.

Or if you guys don't like this strategy then we'd have to rely on the vig or detective to figure things out and we can wait one night for them to take action. But I'd rather have it in my hands as we don't know who are playing as either role and I can't trust that either of them would either listen to me or lie about the results or already be dead.

NepetaInABox wrote:I was one of the first to perform a successful Mafia Kills Mafia, Gains Towns Trust move. It just seems like something that you only try once. At this point in our gameplay, we all know each others little tricks and moves. How we all act, our strategy's.

Oops, there I go playing again.

Yeah and this knowledge goes into the fact that because everyone knows all the tricks you wouldn't think the same one would be used and catch us off guard by making us think they wouldn't be dumb enough to pull it off. The fact that everyone is smart in this game makes me think that they are going to count on everyone knowing it isn't a good strategy...

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:22 am

AvosMeLardo wrote:

Also why smash first? I guess it doesn't matter if you both are of the same caliper of player.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 am

td260 wrote:
AvosMeLardo wrote:

Also why smash first? I guess it doesn't matter if you both are of the same caliper of player.

Yes, they both measure at the same level of skill! It also doesn't look like something I'd like to be smashed with!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 am

I am back in business, but still a little tired, so please forgive me for not commenting on the banter between Smash, Q and Avos.

JGH was probably killed by Tavros, which comes as a big surprise for me. Not that J got killed, but that Tavros(a shy, insecure person) would end up having a killing power. Maybe a one-shot, as he now has no weapon left?

Next, Avalanche. I fear, that we lost our cop here. Terezi is obsessed with justice and crime scene investigation, there is no better match.

Next, we have the near omnipotent main antagonist of the comic. He is known to be in charge of teleportation stabbings in paradox space, so I guess he was some kind of ninja type. He found his end at the hands of Kanaya(chainsaw is her signature weapon). In the comic, she killed one of the other characters out of revenge for getting shot. She also turns into a vampire. So yeah, guess she is our vig.

4 persons died, but one is still quite alive? Guess someone got doc saved here.

Windy thing: looks like John already has ascended to God Tier. Once again, in the comic, he is able to manipulate air, so much that he can drill holes into a planet. What it does here, seriously, i have no idea.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:56 pm

I'm agreeing with Smash regarding Sonix. Aside from the arguments he's already said, his actions have been a bit...odd. When you look at Q and Avos, they threw themselves into their first game, but Sonix is being very reserved. It could be nerves granted, but it strikes me as though he's got a powerful mafia role and he's wary of drawing attention to himself, not knowing how to handle it.

Vote: Sonix

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:31 pm

Even though he voted for me and almost got me lynched, I don't think Sonix is mafian, most of his behavior can be attributed to being a new player, especially when you consider that everybody has their own playing style. Some hang out in the sidelines and others are the main event types. I'm leaning towards Sonix being a sideliner, and not really a mafian.

Avos on the other hand is behaving much more... I don't know, jumpy? Not quite the word I want, but close enough. Normally he has the 'Happy Guy' type personality going, yet suddenly he's accusing people strongly, as though losing two of the mafians is making him nervous. It could be that he's just trying a different play style this phase, I can't be sure, but I think he's just getting nervous.

His arguements are based around the theory that the mafia would willingly cut down their own members which is a rather poor plan, especially when, as Q said, Weldar is one of the better players. It'd be better to have one of the other less experienced players sacrificed if that were the case.

That said, I won't turn my back on Sonix, but for now I have to Vote: Avos

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Requiem wrote:Even though he voted for me and almost got me lynched, I don't think Sonix is mafian, most of his behavior can be attributed to being a new player, especially when you consider that everybody has their own playing style. Some hang out in the sidelines and others are the main event types. I'm leaning towards Sonix being a sideliner, and not really a mafian.

Avos on the other hand is behaving much more... I don't know, jumpy? Not quite the word I want, but close enough. Normally he has the 'Happy Guy' type personality going, yet suddenly he's accusing people strongly, as though losing two of the mafians is making him nervous. It could be that he's just trying a different play style this phase, I can't be sure, but I think he's just getting nervous.

His arguements are based around the theory that the mafia would willingly cut down their own members which is a rather poor plan, especially when, as Q said, Weldar is one of the better players. It'd be better to have one of the other less experienced players sacrificed if that were the case.

That said, I won't turn my back on Sonix, but for now I have to Vote: Avos

So you are seeing exactly what I am saying. Let me ask this, which is going to get more respect, getting rid of someone that is a threat or just some guy that stands by the side?! Everyone is going to know that getting rid of a strong threat is going to gain more trust in the standard crowd, you are totally falling into their ploy.

Everything you just said is what they know that we are going to think.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:13 pm

On the other hand, the mafia is generally comprised of 4-6 players, they need to keep as many as possible alive. As the majority of the players don't know who is mafian, there could easily be no big players, no one but they and Snake would know, so sacrificing a smaller player would still be more beneficial as new players are more prone to making mistakes, such as why I believe that you're a mafian, I believe you're panicking, so in your panick, you're trying to take out one of the other big players so as to make it easier for the remaining mafia to survive and win.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm willing to give sonix today to prove himself- After all, this is one complex freaking game. We were already jumping in over our heads on the analysis day one, and this was his first game. Naturally, he'd be confused. Avos, however... Well, dude's got a crackpot theory, but I'm not willing to say that he's mafian... yet.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm

Requiem wrote:On the other hand, the mafia is generally comprised of 4-6 players, they need to keep as many as possible alive. As the majority of the players don't know who is mafian, there could easily be no big players, no one but they and Snake would know, so sacrificing a smaller player would still be more beneficial as new players are more prone to making mistakes, such as why I believe that you're a mafian, I believe you're panicking, so in your panick, you're trying to take out one of the other big players so as to make it easier for the remaining mafia to survive and win.

Hence why I said:

AvosMeLardo wrote:Also why smash first? I guess it doesn't matter if you both are of the same caliper of player. Of the many games I read I must have missed the one that smash was big in so it really doesn't matter. So I figured if one goes and I'm right then we continue with taking action. If I'm wrong I go next and the town still has one good hunter to continue on. You guys are both good so which ever side you are on is beneficial for that side. If you are mafian then I'd like to squash you guys taking everything over, but if you are town, we are just slightly hampered, either way the town still has a shot at winning.

Everything I'm saying is for the benefit of the town. I'm not just throwing out 'crackpot' theories, I'm also stating plans of action and possible outcomes.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:21 pm

The theory of mafians sacrificing their fellows on day 1 is not to mention incredibly unsportsy and would surely leave whoever got ditched incredibly pissed and frustrated with the game. Let alone it's highly illogical to do so as the Mafians win by having the majority of people.
Making your numbers less on day one does not benefit that cause at all. But everyone said this already, Avos refuses to see the reason in this or simply things his reasoning makes more sense, so that's all done and there's not much more to say.
Personally I think Smash is most likely NOT mafian, and solely that Q only followed makes me doubt him a little but at the moment. Either way they seem legit.

I for one, welcome the killing spree that took down the second mafian. This should leave us with like 3 left, and with an amount of killing powers walking around this game shouldn't take long.

As for an analysis on characters/roles, we can conclude alot from the fluff.
For one, there is a Sollux character and he had to do something with last dayphase's ending. Weldar was controlling a Rose character, though it is unsure who is her and what he made them do.
There has been a lance killing, which makes people jump to tavros logically, but seeing how that doesn't fit AT ALL. Let's just go with snowman. Pipe-lance thing, remember?
Judging from her role in the comics, she doesn't seem very alliance prone and is most likely a 3rd party. Which I guess would make that person a serial killer of sorts?

Or ofcourse Gamzee with his Joker-kind, being able to wield ANY weapon. It's pretty logical considering he's prone to be SK and he honked.

Our cop got killed by a mafian who then got hit by our vigilante in a manner of really strange luck.

The people dying. Who dies most in Homestuck people? Dave.
Most likely time shenanigans and alpha timeline dave survived. to what end he can use those timeline abilities is unclear however.

WIndy thing is john, who is THE most likely to be the most townie-esque person in the entire game.
FUCKASS,... well that just screams karkat to me.
No idea what the last two could have been doing though.

ALso, bec noir and vriska being in the same mafian makes it safe to conclude that any evil-prone character most likely ended up in the mafia.

And I got some good mind-money on that Scratch must be in the game somewhere, so there is still a person that could be informative for the town... if he wasn't very likely to be 3rd party.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Fuck, why haven't i thought about Snowman. But what happens if she dies? Game Over?

Scratch would be the obvious choice for a god role, as he is almost omniscient. Also inb4 Snake is Lord English. All caps cursing? Yeah, Karkat of course, derp.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Again, Avos, I admit that the deaths of two mafians within one cycle was extraordinarily lucky, but nothing besides that. Your accusations are based more on paranoia than actual reasoning.

Now, the killing spree helped, Perry, but I too fear that it may have eliminated our detective. It's also a wild-card: Aside from the likely vigilante Kanaya, there's a good chance the other three killers are hostile. Thankfully, this means they could easily whittle down the mafia or hit each other.

I could see the fourth 'death' being a timeline issue, but I have no clue how that would reflect in the game. It's impossible to accurately reflect time travel in this kind of mafia game, as changing attributes of the present would rely on changing out past lynches and night actions and everything else went. It's too complicated, and you can't alter players' memories. If there is a Dave role, I could actually see it being a reviver, weird as that sounds. Able to change the events of the past to prevent someone from dying. I think the theory of a doctor protect is far more likely, though I can't decide what character that would be.

Now, continuing, Sollux has psychic powers, so he could have had a mind control ability and hence been able to manipulate votes. Then again, Vriska LITERALLY has mind control, and was mafian. I've seen this be a town ability in the past, but scum is far more common.

If Snake is Lord English, we probably need to lynch him to win. However, I actually think there's a good chance a host lynch could end disastrously. Snake could be Doc Scratch himself, as Scratch is the current host of Homestuck. Taking him out could rely on destroying the Green Sun, doing so being one of the primary theories as to how Lord English will be summoned. At least from a hosting perspective, this would be a much cleverer move, especially due to the prominence of the age-old host killer story. What that would mean for this game, I'm not sure, but I can't see the emergence of an invulnerable rampaging demon being good.

Snowman makes a likely SK, but I'd like to think that lynching her wouldn't end the game despite the idea that it destroys the universe, because frankly, I can't see how that would be balanced.

As for the Windy Thing, it immediately brings to mind a Nexus-style role. Think the Fobby role I had in Game 6-the idea is that it randomizes actions. It could possibly be a controlled redirect, ALA bus driver.

Now, about Sonix. He's under suspicion because of the manner in which he did absolutely nothing Day 1 besides voting for Requiem while saying he had no clue what was happening (why vote among a bandwagon if you're clueless?), in doing so sliding onto an established bandwagon I might add, and removing that vote the minute it was called suspicious under the same guise "nothing confusing than a bunch of things I don't know about". I've most often seen this kind of behavior in not merely new players, but new mafians. Yes, our analysis was intense day 1, but he seems to have paid attention to it despite insisting it was confusing. He certainly paid enough attention to bandwagon and then withdraw the moment he was called into question. I don't like it. I will however afford him a little time to respond before condemning him. I'd like to be careful given the amount of nightkills that seem to go down, especially since the said person has made two posts this entire game so far.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Quaetam wrote:Now, about Sonix. He's under suspicion because of the manner in which he did absolutely nothing Day 1 besides voting for Requiem while saying he had no clue what was happening (why vote among a bandwagon if you're clueless?), in doing so sliding onto an established bandwagon I might add, and removing that vote the minute it was called suspicious under the same guise "nothing confusing than a bunch of things I don't know about". I've most often seen this kind of behavior in not merely new players, but new mafians. Yes, our analysis was intense day 1, but he seems to have paid attention to it despite insisting it was confusing. He certainly paid enough attention to bandwagon and then withdraw the moment he was called into question. I don't like it. I will however afford him a little time to respond before condemning him. I'd like to be careful given the amount of nightkills that seem to go down, especially since the said person has made two posts this entire game so far.

Yes, because voting second on a person instantly equals a bandwagon.

And it was mere coincidence that Smash managed made a post while I was in the middle of unvoting Requiem. (I got this weird habit I picked up where I just look at everything in the post over and over again before I post things...)

And I'm pretty sure my initial confusion was due to not knowing who to vote for and assuming I couldn't No Vote for some reason.

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Ooookay sorry for not posting, stuff has been going down. I will let it be known now my vote on req was not meant to start anything, it was just for the lulz since he voted for me, not because I thought he was allied with the mafia, though from his defensiveness he could be. I dunno but I highly doubt that the killin role was Tavros as it goes against his nature from what I do know of the comics. Avos is indeed acting weird and jumping to not well thought out conclusions, but he has done that every game so far. It's making it very bard to really judge him innocent or not. Smash is jumping on leads like crazy, which is in fact his normal tactic as a townie, so even though he apparenly is suspicious of me, I rather doubt he is mafia. In case I don't get on in time to vote later, I'll trust you smash and Vote: sonix

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:40 pm

I hardly think that killing snowman would have any consequences.
Bec Noir was just chainsawed to death because he was caught by surprise. I doubt plots from the comic will be followed much.
Also, Gamzee seems like a much more logical option in my mind.

And honestly, the voting for Sonix is just as paranoid and obscure as are Avos reasons for voting Q and smash.
I mean listen to yourselves.
Seen amongst new player, but also new mafians?... Gee, could those new mafians perhaps BE new players? Resulting into a conclusion that anyone that plays this game for the first time, doesn't know what the fuck is going on day 1. Regardless of their allignment.

Not knowing who to vote for and thus just deciding to vote for whoever everyone else is voting for. I don't know, but isn't that what humans normally do when they have no idea what's going on? Follow the ones that do?
And as for retracting a vote when it's frowned upon by pretty much everyone... Well, that one just speaks for itself.

I'm sure this somehow unspoken rule of "everyone that doesn't give a reason is mafian" applied to someone somewhere in the previous games you all played. But to thus apply it to every single new player in the game is just plain paranoia, and let alone rather neglecting that they're actually... you know, NEW PLAYERS.
Now if Q, smash or snake did something like "Idunnolol, vote bandwagon". THEN it's pretty obvious that they're mafians and don't want to put effort into hunting their own kind....but since it's that bloody obvious, they don't.
Shitty "fact of the game" is shitty.

Same can go for Avos, who apparently has had a attitude/playing style change? Remember that he's been controlled in pretty much every single game, or had a happy guy role the other. Who knows what his actual playing style is.

The only arguement has been used in this entire dayphase so far is that Avos seems fidgetty and that it's rather odd for him to work the "They must be mafians hiding behind the deaths of their comrades"-angle.
and with thus being the most suspiscious person for me in this game;
Vote:Avos

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:50 pm

I'm dropping the whole smash & Q thing for now. I just ask that everyone keep it in the back of their minds throughout the game.

Sonix!'s last post explains exactly how I've felt he's been playing which makes me say smash even more as he is going against someone that doesn't stand out to me, but oh I can't target the 'good' players to accuse so I better drop that argument also.

If you want to go after people that have low counts of post I'd say Minby_Aran who just dropped in in day one to just say screw it: No one.

The only other without many post is TheTJ but he has work and a life so I can't see that as a detriment to him.

DF's last post of just blindly following smash makes me have a FOS on her now too.

Let me think...isn't the first rule of Mafia: Trust no one!? So isn't Trust no one the same as Paranoia?! I think Mafia is a game of pure paranoia so I don't know why it is such a detriment to act as such, but hey, we can't accuse the 'good' players cause that is just so mafiaish to think that way...

Same can go for Avos, who apparently has had a attitude/playing style change? Remember that he's been controlled in pretty much every single game, or had a happy guy role the other. Who knows what his actual playing style is.

Hey! Perry wins a cookie!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 am

You keep on saying 'good' like they aren't and we all just think so for some odd reason. Have you seen Q in other games? He's so insanely good at this game it's silly. In Snake's game he successfully called out every mafian, and Snake had to edit his death post that his role allowed because it basically condemned the mafians to a loss. In Suicide's game, his role was "Here's a list of roles, go figure out what everyone else's role is to win" and you know what? He actually won. I'm not saying because of this he absolutely cannot be mafian because he very well could be, but as he was part of something that just took out a mafian, I'm thinking no. And Smash? Well, He got the "god role" one game, and he also won. Nuff said.

As for Sonix!, well, I won't say that his actions aren't odd, and aren't just because he's a new player. However, don't you all remember Perry's first game with us, in Suicide's game? He played mafian like a BOSS, and survived to the very end. Being new doesn't mean they're bad. All I'm saying. He might be mafian, he might not be, I don't really know on that one.

And all of this talk about the characters in Homestruck itself.....well, I know none of what you all are talking about concerning that. I've read very little in home struck, and only got this far in it. Which is, suffice to say, not very much. So I'm hoping all this nonsense about what each character could possibly be doesn't really mean anything.

For Minby and Tj, not really much to go on with those two, being absent and only kind of here respectively. "The only other without many post is TheTJ but he has work and a life so I can't see that as a detriment to him." though, I lol'd. I mean, you know, clearly no one that is actively posting can't have those things because they are playing. Again, I'm not saying they are or aren't mafia, but inactive hunting has always been kind of an iffy way to go about doing things.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:27 am

Avos, it's not that you can't call out good players. It's that you can't call them out with a pretty shitty theory and no straight forward conclusions derived from their actions.

Mafia is a game of Suspiscion. Trust no one and observe their actions to establish what they are. Paranoia is seeing things that aren't there, like hiding in the basement with a shotgun because you saw something glitter light in the sky and now aliens are coming to get you. You should be able to see why it's a detriment to act as such.
By your observations and arguements sofar, anyone that books up a mafian is a mafian. Honestly, that would be a pretty sweet game for the town, but as you can imagine VERY unlikely

Also, I'd kindof advice killing off the inactive players... You know, me being mafian almost won last game with that stuff?
If there are no other leads, and an inactive manages to somehow fit some sort of pattern, then we should kill them off but not sooner.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 am

The inactive players will not get a warning before I replace them. I purposelly did not state specific criteria for those who are "Active"

Those who are dead are not dead, they're just living in my head.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:50 am

I found all my information about the characters at this site. Go to the bottom of the page and there is a chart with every character for those that want to look up what is going on.

Let me talk sloooowly for those that are to braindead to try to think for themselves...

Just because someone was good in another game does not, does not mean they should just be left unchecked in this game. I choose to think for myself rather than rely on some 'god tier' bs to think for me!

I've never been given a power that I've been able to use so if I have anything that I can go by the only thing I can rely on is people listening to me and helping me with a lynch. But the only reason that no one wants to listen to me is because they are too scared to question or even challenge those that they want to hide behind. So if we want a mindless game where we let a whole two people run the entire game and no matter what side they are on they win is crap. I'd like a chance to win outside of just riding on someone elses coattails to get me through.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:04 am

God Tier? What?

Are you referencing HS or us?

No one has yet to reach God Tier in my game..

Actually, I doubt at this point any of you can count on Vriska making God Tier anymore my game.

HOO HOO HOO

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top