Mafia Game 14: Pose as a team. The world is real.

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 14: Pose as a team. The world is real.

Post  nn8n on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 am

Relmitos wrote:And Smash? Well, He got the "god role" one game, and he also won. Nuff said.

I was referencing this crap that was from another unrelated game.

I agree with you snake, there is no way a bunch of imbeciles like this will ever be able to comprehend what god tier in Homestuck would be.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 am

Avos...
Perrytheplatypus wrote:Avos, it's not that you can't call out good players. It's that you can't call them out with a pretty shitty theory and no straight forward conclusions derived from their actions.

It doesn't get any clearer than that, man. I'd gladly lynch Q or smash, if you actually had something substantial.
Getting all fussy and throwing a hissyfit won't really help your cause.

If we weren't all thinking for ourselves, we'd have agreed with you immediately. We all think or ourselv,es im quite offended you think otherwise solely because we don't agree with your reasoning. WIth the way you're being right now, you're building up more suspiscion against yourself than that you are building it on them.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:22 am

To shed some light on what he meant, he was reffering to the fact that his role, was literally a god role.

I like to do these things with my games where I come up with an insane absurd idea that will never work, and then somehow manage to make it work

That was a prime example. I think, impo (Smash may disagree) that was the biggest challenge Smash and a few others have been given in a forum mafia game.

That is simply what Relmitos is reffering to. As sad as it is that people follow the better players, you have to understand that there is some logic behind it as well.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:23 am

Eh, whatever. Done talking about that, pointless argument is pointless.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 am

Perry I really appreciate you, I see you are thinking for yourself and very glad for that. I already said that I dropped the whole thing and moved on. I'm not throwing a 'hissy fit', what I'm sick of is that 90% of the post are "I agree with <said good player>"

Like Rem said, pointless argument is pointless argument.

Un-vote: smashbro

Vote: no-one

I'll just let it play out for now, just ride the riptide...

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 am

Honestly, its ok to do that day one. Thats what Day One is all about. The only person who has done it since is Darkfalco, but what do you expect.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am

Apparently I've lost all credibility...so that is why I am doing it.

Speaking of DarkFalco,

Vote: DarkFalco

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Quaetam wrote:
I could see the fourth 'death' being a timeline issue, but I have no clue how that would reflect in the game.

One thing I thought of was that the fourth 'death' was a death that was prevented somehow, such as the target being immune. Say like a godfather immune to non-lynches, or a bodyguard that can ignore the first kill. So they did technically 'die', but it wasn't announced?

Relmitos wrote:
"The only other without many post is TheTJ but he has work and a life so I can't see that as a detriment to him." though, I lol'd. I mean, you know, clearly no one that is actively posting can't have those things because they are playing.

I have both those things and you still can't keep me out the thread Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Honestly doubt that the "someone died" reflects to actual kills made in the night, especially with a survivor at the end. I'm sticking to my Dave theory.
For the one's not familliar with dave. It's a timetravelling guy that creates alot of "alternate timeline" versions of himself, which all die eventually except for the alpha dave who sticks in the timeline where he survives... basically atleast.

I'm kindof pissed because this whole avos vs. smash&Q thing has completely annihalited anyone posting about something different, leaving me with nothing to go on.
My vote is still on Avos, but i'm not feeling too comfortable with lynching him even though he has the most shit against him.

Does anyone have anything except sonix being a newb and avos being stubborn? anyone?

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:31 pm

Raya, I agree. As I said in that post it's hard to reflect time-travel in the game, and I could see the Knight of Time being a reviver by undoing events leading to someone's past death. Then again, revival in homestuck is via corpse makeouts. Anyways I think that a doc protect or kill immunity (or even switch onto one of the other targets) is more likely.

Yeah Snake it's the same with me-I like to come up with super-hard roles. See the Upriser in Game 10. He had to avoid getting killed while raising an army, then take down a specific role, with a chance of success proportional to the number of moderators in his group, THEN go on to win as a second mafia (third, really, once you counted the SK mafia). If that’s not hard I don’t know what is. Or the Manipulative_Bastard. Able to have one puppet at all times (with a couple exceptions), but completely loses the game if he ever dies, and has no killing or other power of his own. The Chessmaster was another one, with a lot of balance required to triumph, lest the mafias suspect a traitor or the town simply win by overwhelming force.

And Avos… Regardless of your feelings to the game, I'm totally not appreciating the sarcasm and calling everyone imbeciles. Oh, and thanks for insisting that people who play this game actively have no life. That aside, Perry pretty much put it plainly. You don't vote for anyone, regardless of caliper (Razz) without having good evidence against them. It's also taken up pretty much the entire dayphase. I've been hoping for some reactions to my posts but haven't been that successful. I'm actually inclined to believe you're innocent at the moment despite all this, as the two options are basically either that you're a mafian who is sacrificing himself to try to get rid of the guys who just brought down two comrades, or that you're a townie who is thinking exceptionally far out of the box. I feel the case is the latter, as there's no way the mafia would want to lose a third member within two days.

As for DarkFalco, well, she has a habit of doing that, on either side. I’m less inclined to condemn her due to her record of acting this way, but I will admit that she is a little suspicious.

With Sonix, yeah, he is indeed a new player, but I'm not going to IGNORE him. It's not seen amongst new players who are also new mafians, but seen amongst not simply new players, but new players on the side of the mob. And yes, it's common for people who have no idea what they're doing to follow along with others' votes. However, it's equally common for mafians to emphasize that fact. As I told you before, reaction tests are one of my favorite techniques. The fact that he's a new player is what has held me back from voting him so far, not to mention that the evidence against him is more theoretical than substantial.

I will say that it's too early to begin taking out inactive players, but I do find it odd and slightly annoying that only so few of us have been active to a significant degree. I want to hear more from TJ and td260 at the moment. TJ has been online several times but has remained silent since day 1, and was one of the people to vote Requiem, and td260 has posted but remained on the fringes of the discussion aside from the nightphase review and stating that he wanted to give Sonix more time.
And yeah, I can't forget Minby here. He hasn't said ANYTHING other than that solitary post.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm

This bickering between Avos and the rest, back and fourth, just shwed me, that thinking out of the box is apparently something frowned upon here. Not that I believe, that his accusations are correct(Vriska screams Mindtaker, what kind of Mafia would throw that gift away?), but I congratulate Avos of having the balls to come up and defend his idea. We are talking about 2 incredibly good players here, anything is possible.

Rereading Sonix posts, I am reminded of myself in game 6, where i was Mafian again and a pretty obvious one too. Still, I don't really feel comfortable with lynching him, but I really can't bring myself to vote Avos.

Vote:Sonix!

I'd really be happy, if someone would bring up an alternative :-/

ninja'd by 2 wall of texts, wow

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Making this quick, since I'm at work on my phone. Sonix doesn't really strike me as guilty, and avos is either a townie with a crazy theory or a mafian trying to confuse the crap out of everyone. If he really was that well-intentioned, then why did he back off when the heat was turned on? Was he really just throwing out an empty theory at us, trying to hit gold and kill a mafian? Or is he a mafian, trying to kill off a good player, and had no evidence because of smash's innocence? I'm not sure, but I'm thinking avos has a secret agenda that he's not telling us.

vote: avos

Because the LAST thing we need is retarded theories being thrown around for no reason.

Granted, the option of remaining silent until evidence presents itself has gotten me in trouble multiple times now. >.> But you don't just throw accusations that heavy out without some sort of basis.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:17 pm

td260 wrote:
Because the LAST thing we need is retarded theories being thrown around for no reason..

Actually, we DO need theories, retarded or not. Avos didn't back down when the heat was turned on, he backed down when it was obvious his crusade would bear no fruit.
Solely for twisting the facts about avos and disencouraging daring theories and discussions (crackpot theory, i know)
Unvote: Avos Vote: td260

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Holy crap, I come back to 4 pages to read? I had to skim through some of the longer posts sue to lack of attention span, but for the most part, I'm still not sure what to do. I'll try and re read all this by the end of the phase so I can actually make my own decisions and judgements.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:44 pm

Perrytheplatypus wrote:
td260 wrote:
Because the LAST thing we need is retarded theories being thrown around for no reason..

Actually, we DO need theories, retarded or not. Avos didn't back down when the heat was turned on, he backed down when it was obvious his crusade would bear no fruit.
Solely for twisting the facts about avos and disencouraging daring theories and discussions (crackpot theory, i know)
Unvote: Avos Vote: td260

I'm not discouraging them, I'm only saying there should be proof. Justice will only prevail if there is evidence to support an accusation.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:01 pm

@DarkFalco) Actually, my suspicion of you dropped around the end of day one when I did some thinking. The suspicion was brought on by the vote alone, but then I read your post and shrugged it off cause you voted for Req essentially the same way I did for Weldar.

Quaetam wrote:The fact that he's a new player is what has held me back from voting him so far, not to mention that the evidence against him is more theoretical than substantial.
What are reaction tests then? If there's a better alternative, I'll let go of my vote for Sonix then. It is possible that one of the less active players is mafia, but unless something happens soon, I'm just going to stay with my initial suspicions.

Also,
Sonix(4): smashbro, Raya, DarkFalco, Fedaykin
Avos(2): Requiem, td260
DarkFalco(1): Avos
tdd260(1): Perry

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Thanks Smash.

Phase ends in 6 hours.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:06 pm

Vote:Avos

Not that I can do anything else to try and save my skin. :/

In fact, this whole vote against me is really dumb I can bet the Mafian's are hopping onto this Bandwagon.

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:06 pm

I'm probably going to withhold my vote this phase, since I really didn't get to read the posts very well, and I don't have much time to do so, and I'm a bit busy. Trying to re-read them, but if I don't vote, it's not due to inactivity or lack of opinion, just don't want to make an uninformed or sheep vote.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:28 pm

Well, myself, I'm not going to condemn Sonix! just yet, as I don't really want to off a new player so early. I don't care to vote on Avos either though. I mean, sure, we had that heated discussion but I don't hold it against him. Not yet anyways. Though like Q, don't really appreciate getting called stuff, but whatever. What's done is done.

Personally though, I'm looking more at Minby. He's been mostly inactive this whole game, and only shows up to post something about nothing when he gets called out. Throwing out that "I don't know who I should vote for, vote no one" thing again. First day, I'll let that slide as it's, you know, the first day and no one really knows wth is going on, buuuut yea.

I'll drop a Vote: Minby for now, see if anything happens with that.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:24 pm

I think that Smash and Q giving us two good targets day one and both of those targets being mafian stalled us out a bit. I don't really recall any major attempts to shift blame from them by anyone, but I have a bit of a history of being proven wrong when I don't actually reread the thread (And sometimes even when I do).

As for what I think? This day has been mostly wasted by Avos trying to point out how blind we were for following Smash and Q. It took center stage and, assuming none of them are scum, essentially let the mafia slip under the radar for a while.

As for my being inactive... I'm just more of a lurker I guess. Unless I'm on the spot or someone singels me out (Viero...) Mostly it's the fact that I don't really have anything productive to say. Any post I make will essentially be me saying "Yeah, I'm still here, I've been paying attention."

And as for who I'll vote for... Well, Avos seems more of an overzealous townie than a mafian... I don't really have any suspicions one way or another... I guess I'll keep my vote as well.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 pm

Avos(3): Requiem, td260, Sonix
DarkFalco(1): Avos
tdd260(1): Perry
Minby(1): Relmitos
Withholding his vote like a fucking pussy: Minby and TheTJ. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS

Everyone who hasn't voted yet can suck my cock. And then vote.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:07 pm

Smooth...Sonix, vote for one of the few people who hasn't said anything bad about you...real smooth...

Un-vote: DF

Vote: Sonix!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:22 pm

I really didn't want to have to do this, but since you won't stop voting for me, I guess I have no choice.

I am John, get off of me and go vote for someone more Scummy... Go ahead, keep voting for me if you don't believe me...

And since there's no real reason for me to vote the guy with the 2nd highest amount of votes in an effort to not die...

Un-Vote:Avos

Vote:No One

Because obviously it's not going to help me much at this point, anyways...

In fact, from this I either guess that Smash is a Scumhunting Townie who picked up the wrong signals, or a Mafian disguised as a Scumhunting Townie who's picking at straws at an attempt to lynch a Townie. There's no real way to tell which.

((The browser ate the last post I was made because Avos posted while I was writing it and I clicked ahead out of habit after "posting"))

Last edited by Sonix! on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Uh...don't worry, I'm sure as things progress, I'll find plenty more ways to fuck everything over!

I always believed you Sonix, but...I'm sure you just violated one of the rules...unfortunately...

so...Un-vote: Sonix

Vote: td260

Just to condense votes as I have had suspicions about him also, and to keep my change vote count consistent each day at 6...

Avos(2): Requiem, td260
tdd260(2): Perry, Avos
Minby(1): Relmitos
Withholding his vote: Minby, TheTJ, Sonix

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top