Mafia Game 14: Pose as a team. The world is real.

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia Game 14: Pose as a team. The world is real.

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Screw it, first day confusion, Vote:No One
I have no clue what's going on with most people, I can't really read Perry or Req right now, and I'm just gonna wait and see what happens the rest of today, the nightphase, and tomorrow's reactions. (All of those were the In-game days)

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:31 pm

MU HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....
honk.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Time for some 'quick' observations.

First, everyone stop fucking up the tallies. Avos is on Requiem, not Perry.

Perry(2): Fedaykin
Weldar(2): Smashbro, Raya, Requiem
td260(1): Weldar
DarkFalco(1): Requiem
Requiem(4): DarkFalco, Avos, Sonix, TJ
Raya(1): Relmitos
No one(4): Avalanche, JGH27, Minby_Aran, Perry (do hostvotes count as nobody, snake?)

Requiem IS odd, if only for his over-defensiveness.

I've changed my vote twice. I voted originally for DF, and then switched it to Perry, and then switched it back to DF. Your math is terrible. I've only voted on two people, so your theory is incredibly broken. Trying to make up such nonsense to me either means that you're mafian, or that you were just too lazy to check your facts. Either case is rather dangerous for you.-Requiem

That means you voted three times Razz. But yes, you've discredited TJ's theory. Yet you reacted so aggressively, accusing him on the basis of terrible maths, that it DOES reinforce his point a little. I've seen people be far more overdefensive and turn up any variety of alignment, however, so I’m not FOSing you yet.

But the votes on Requiem coming out of nowhere are, as smash said, something to look at in and of themselves. TJ voted on you, as you said, based on a slightly flawed bit of math, but I feel that he made his vote based on what I perceive to be your own excessive defensiveness and possible nervousness, from which the vote-changing stems, and the number doesn't matter (though it is odd that he thought it to be a full five times). His keeping his vote on you after your response made more sense than his vote in the first place, but Day 1 votes are mostly from a skilled player are meant to draw out a reaction, as he seems to have done.

DF played it either semi-nervous or inconspicuous in voting for someone who voted for her. That's a typical day 1 strategy, but you can often see it in scum players. Darkfalco herself has a history of doing that on both sides, however, so I'm not so quick to judge. Not to mention mafians are more likely to join a bandwagon on an innocent than to start one, from what I've observed.

Also Avos. I'm bothered by his whole attitude. It just seems too light, even for day 1 banter. Not to mention, as Requiem pointed out, asking for proof of innocence. A roleclaim on day one is like inviting a nightkill, or at least creating a distraction. However, he wasn't merely asking for a roleclaim: Rather, he was responding to Perry's self-vote. Shaking the tree never hurts, as you can provoke reactions. However, shaking the tree by asking for proof of innocence is an odd and not very safe way of going about it. Yet he seems to be starting off the same way he did last game after a quick read of what went down--Incredibly light and upbeat, almost like a happy guy role. With a person who plays like Avos does, you have to try to ignore the attitude and focus purely on the actions and intent. It seems likely that that particular post was in jest. He turned up townie that game, if I'm not mistaken, and there's no reason to assume differently as of yet. Worth paying attention to merely for the connection.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Relmitos wrote:If I may inquire, Snake, what are the rules on a tie?

We may find out tonight

Less than 6 hours left.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Quaetam wrote:Time for some 'quick' observations.

First, everyone stop fucking up the tallies. Avos is on Requiem, not Perry.

Perry(2): Fedaykin
Weldar(2): Smashbro, Raya, Requiem
Requiem(4): DarkFalco, Avos, Sonix, TJ
No one(4): Avalanche, JGH27, Minby_Aran, Perry (do hostvotes count as nobody, snake?)

Asking people to not mess with the tallies!? There are 2's all over the place when there are only 1 or 3 in your set-up...

Anyways, my vote is, in fact still on Perry and seeing as that is a trigger for people to post against the many vote changes, it still is.

Re-iterating,

Vote: Perry

He can't be a jester if he actually has said in any post that he wants to live either.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:15 pm

So Quaetams list isnt right either?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Actually Q, Avos is on Perry

AvosMeLardo wrote:Can't very well be voting for someone that is voting for Perry, so

Un-Vote: Requiem

Since Perry is so hellbent on having to stay alive and blame-shifting, I'm going to go back to my original vote of

Vote: Perry

That was the last vote of his I could see

So with the numbers fixed, put into vote order and a host vote counted a separate from a no one vote (as I personally belive it should be)

Weldar(3): Smashbro, Raya, Requiem
Requiem(3): DarkFalco, Sonix, TJ
No one(3): Avalanche, JGH27, Minby_Aran,
Perry(2): Fedaykin, Avos
Snake(1):Perry

So yeah a 3 way tie. I'll admit Snake's reaction does almost want to make me try a tie for science but probably not enough to be comfortable to be in one. And furthermore having no one be one of the tied options is not optimal for testing what a tie does.

About Perry, he did say on Skype that he was thinking of dropping out but then the roles were sent out and it was too late. It would make sense for him to just not really care if he lives or dies then but yeah his last post there is so over the top I'm not fully sure what to make of it.

And yeah I think Avos is just like that Q. If you want to see him playing as a happy guy go read game 12. But yes he was innocent in both of his games, though last game we were taking control of him on day 3 and 4 so keep that in mind.

Buh, ninjad, whatever posting anyway.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:21 pm

HAVE FUN SNAKE!

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:25 pm

UNVOTE: Guy With Spiky Hair

VOTE: Req

Might as well make make my vote count

Voting for him as I do not like his reaction to TJ.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Q, you're right, I am a little more aggressively defensive this game, mostly because I really don't like sitting out an entire game, so I'm a wee bit touchy, also, I didn't say I voted only twice, I said I changed my votes twice. I was fully aware that I had voted three times, and now I'm at four because of TheTJ's actions.

Avos, a Jester is going to play it off that they don't want to be lynched while attempting to get lynched, so it's very plausible that he'd say that he wanted to live.

Also, Vie, you're a dick. Seriously bro.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Viero just climbed onto my suspicion list. Have a seat next to Sonix and DarkFalco.

Ya know, I was kinda joking about Weldar being mafia, but seeing as what has transpired, I actually have suspicion now based on other players casting shady votes. Though no way all the people voting on Requiem could be mafia, that'd be silly of them.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Un-Vote:Req

Vote:No one

Nothing more confusing than a bunch of confusing things that I don't really get.

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:30 pm

I don't like this at all. We have a bandwagon materializing on both Requiem and Weldar. Weldar's one is more random and hence more interesting, as the ones on Req could be doing it to protect him. And smashbro, I agree. While the chainvote on Requiem is cause for suspicion, a smart mafia won't throw all their cards day 1 at a player who in prior games has only a day 1 lynch death to go on.

I didn't say I voted only twice, I said I changed my votes twice. I was fully aware that I had voted three times, and now I'm at four because of TheTJ's actions.-Req

I know, and my point is I don't care about the math. I care about the edginess. The reason I haven't given you a Finger of Suspicion is that I know you died early last time, and that will set anyone on edge. Doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, but I'm less inclined to believe you're just a shitty mafian, especially since you seem to understand the game decently well at least. I'm more inclined to think you're being set up, though. Especially after Viero's vote.

I'm going to Vote: Viero. He said he wants his vote to count, but to do so, he broke a tie between Nobody and Requiem. For Requiem. Req's actions were cause for suspicion, but not enough to merit a day 1 lynch in my eyes. Plenty of people have overreacted in the past, you yourself being one of them, Viero. It doesn't mean he's innocent, and it is suspicious, but there's no reason to break a tie over this. I'll consider changing it to weldar if nobody follows suit, but I think this is a solid way to go for now. Not to mention that the theory of everyone protecting weldar gains validity if Viero is guilty.

My apologies on the tally by the way, Avos, I dunno how I missed that post like five times.

And Sonix, it may be your first game, but I find it odd that all you have to say is "Everything is confusing".

Last edited by Quaetam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PARAGRAPHING)

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm

Hai Q, you should do another Tally thing :3

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Vote: Viero I'll follow you on that, Quaetam. I would like to see someone lynched, as it could yield me some info. So either Weldar or Viero.

Someone check this.
No one(4): Avalanche, JGH27, Minby_Aran, Sonix
Requiem(3): DarkFalco, TJ, Viero
Weldar(2): Raya, Requiem
Viero(2): Quaetam, smashbro

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:04 pm

No One is currently in the lead. Phase ends in 3 hours.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Close smash, but you listed Req twice and forgot Perry on nobody.

Nobody (5): Av, JGH, Minby, Perry, Sonix!
Perry (2): Fedaykin, Avos
Weldar(2): Raya, Req
Viero (2): Quaetam, Smashbro

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Perry voted for Snake last. I agree with Weldar in that a host vote is different from a no vote.

Mer...
No one(4): Avalanche, JGH27, Minby_Aran, Sonix

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:45 pm

I broke it because I saw a reason to vote for him based on what is happening this game. Is it a small reason? Yes. But it seems better then having a tie which could mean nothing happens. Giving a mafia a free kill. So I did not want to risk it.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 pm

Td260 hasn't officially voted yet so he'd go under no-one, right? Looks like there's too much indecision by now to change anything.

No one(5): Avalanche, JGH27, Minby_Aran, Sonix, Td

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 pm

If he hasn't voted it means he'd go in the yet to vote column, voting no one (or no lynch would probably be the better terminology) means you specifcally don't want anyone dead, not voting is just not making a decision or not being around. But yeah I totally agree Viero looks off here. You're missing the whole point of the day 1 no lynch argument anyway. The free day only applies to an unresisted bandwagon. A day where the votes are spread and settle on no lynch is fine, there's still lots of vote records to look at for today, it's clearly not been wasted. The almost reaonless votes reeks to me of someone overeager to try and get a day 1 lynch, I think he was just going for the option that he expected would meet the least resistance.
uvote, Vote: Veiro

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Hasn't voted is hasn't voted. His vote isn't placed, it doesn't default to nobody. Imagine a day where only three people were active and voted. We wouldn't have no lynch by default. This is to keep the game balanced.

Viero wrote: I broke it because I saw a reason to vote for him based on what is happening this game. Is it a small reason? Yes. But it seems better then having a tie which could mean nothing happens. Giving a mafia a free kill. So I did not want to risk it.

The problem with this is that everything surrounding Requiem was just suspicious in and of itself. My suspicions of him stem out of his defensiveness. As I said before, I'm more inclined to believe he's innocent (though I am currently reserving judgement.) Had your vote not been a very blatant tiebreaker, it would have made a little more sense, but instead you're condemning him based on evidence that isn't very strong, especially when, as I said, you yourself have fallen victim to this; you used to be incredibly nervous in your day 1 playstyle. I'd think you'd know to show a little caution in this regard, wait for Relm to speak up after my observations. Not to mention I think there is a greater case for him being set up to protect Weldar.

Had this been a later day it would make more sense, but on Day 1 you only want to lynch if you've seen something quite blatantly suspicious. I find that Req's defensiveness is suspicious, but your attempt to lynch someone with only a small degree of suspicion IMMEDIATELY after I pointed him out, whilst breaking a tie, looked like an attempt to quickly bandwagon. It just doesn't fit; I don't like the whole pattern around Requiem right now, Sonix in particular as well as yourself, though Sonix is merely shifty. I could see DF being innocent, as she does that sort of thing a lot.

And you're a typical No-Lyncher on day 1. This is a pattern break for you. Giving the mafia a free kill? When someone has the kind of suspicion Req has, which isn't THAT much, it's still not worth a lynch, as you risk doing just that. The same goes for Weldar: He's been advocating trying a tie 'to see what happens'. That's almost like asking to see if both people die.

I also like the idea of your lynch because it helps determine not only your alignment, but those of Weldar and Requiem as well. A mafian would be unlikely to draw that kind of wanton attention onto another mafian by pushing a lynch unless the second had made himself utterly doomed. Even then they'd want to draw it out, try to distract the town for a couple days by keeping their doomed comrade in the spotlight while not actually lynching them.

NINJA'D by Weldar:
Weldar's vote on Viero is nice but I'm not taking my eyes off him. It's common for someone like that to bus a comrade in trouble, especially when it can bring suspicion off of himself. That way if Viero turns up mafian, Weldar looks innocent. Doesn't help that Weldar didn't mention the suspicions targeting him once.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:36 pm

By god, I go to bed and the thread explodes.

Even though my vote on no one stays, there's a lot of information gained day 1. I like this development.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:56 pm

Welp, was hoping for some changes for Viero.

vote: Weldar

Anyone wanna tie him up with the no vote?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:17 am

Night hasn't fallen yet?

Hey, Q, you wanna change your vote to Weldar?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:03 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top