Mafia 15: The Fallen City - Endgame - The Tempest of the Void

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 15: The Fallen City - Endgame - The Tempest of the Void

Post  nn8n on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:52 pm

I find all the No votes annoying due to there is very limited ways of even killing an mafian. Lynching is the only effective way to take one down outside of maybe one or two abilities that are just as easily able to kill townies also.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:57 pm

AvosMeLardo wrote:I find all the No votes annoying due to there is very limited ways of even killing an mafian. Lynching is the only effective way to take one down outside of maybe one or two abilities that are just as easily able to kill townies also.

Yes, but at the same time, a lynch on the first day is nothing more than a random guess. Now, a day 2 or day 3 no lynch is retarded. But day one... We know nothing, we've learned nothing... all we can do is judge reactions and prepare for tomorrow.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:02 pm

I haven't really seen anyone having a FoS on anyone like they did the last few games so it seems that maybe this game might be a better strategy to wait until the next day.

Un-vote: Raya

No-Vote established

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:19 pm

I've strongly encouraged the lynching of someone day one. While I generally start with a vote on DF, as soon as somebody starts amassing votes, I alter the vote to lynch them. Sometimes the person actually is a mafian. When they are, we're down a scum and we've got something to work with. Other times we lynch a townie, and we've still got information to work with. Without a lynch, we have nothing to work with. We start the next day with just as little information as we had the day before, but with a mafian nightkill, sometimes a vigilante kill, but as has been stated before, a vig kill is just as random as a day one lynch, and we can't pull any information of reaction out of it either. Our best bet is to always lynch on the first day. Of course everybody's always paranoid that they're going to hit a townie. I mean hell, if it makes you all feel better, vote for me! By god though, grow a bloody backbone.

Ok, sorry about that. Last hour's been irritating as all hell. Still though, lynching somebody is by far the best option.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm right there with you Req, I want a lynch also but there hasn't been anyone pointing out anything incriminating on anyone else's post as of yet. All of it has been grudge votes against Raya and Viero, except a few thinking that Q may be wanting to get voted for...

I just want to have something worth voting for that doesn't seem baseless.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:01 pm

Requiem wrote:I've strongly encouraged the lynching of someone day one. While I generally start with a vote on DF, as soon as somebody starts amassing votes, I alter the vote to lynch them. Sometimes the person actually is a mafian. When they are, we're down a scum and we've got something to work with. Other times we lynch a townie, and we've still got information to work with. Without a lynch, we have nothing to work with. We start the next day with just as little information as we had the day before, but with a mafian nightkill, sometimes a vigilante kill, but as has been stated before, a vig kill is just as random as a day one lynch, and we can't pull any information of reaction out of it either. Our best bet is to always lynch on the first day. Of course everybody's always paranoid that they're going to hit a townie. I mean hell, if it makes you all feel better, vote for me! By god though, grow a bloody backbone.

Ok, sorry about that. Last hour's been irritating as all hell. Still though, lynching somebody is by far the best option.
I disagree, and I think you're assuming you know a lot about what roles there are potentially at play here. A lot of roles can gather information and give us lead in the night, so there absolutely is a benefit, in my mind, to sometimes holding out for them. Although we mathematically can never win if we don't lynch, skipping lynch on the first day i think is less likely to get a townie killed, as we're just guessing, and townies are the majority.

I'm gonna hold my vote, for now, it doesn't look like Raya is any more or less likely to be mafia than anyone else, and that this voting is just reactionary to her playing well last game.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:04 pm

We help the Mafia by day one lynches, and it sucks for the poor sap that is lynched.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:56 pm

Personally, I wanted some fucking blood.

But whatever.

Unvote:Raya

Vote:DRTJR

You should die too.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:15 am

The town had gathered once more. It was Raya who found herself on trial for her past crimes. Everyone knew that no one here's past was truly clear of many misdeeds but it was Raya's actions still remained fresh in thier mind. One tried to speak up and claim credit for her deeds but he was for the most part ignored. There seemed to be a concencus, it was Raya who should be punished. But not all agreed with this, many were still stooped in thier old ways and even after so much bloodshed still hesitated to strike the first blow. Ultimately it was the traditionalists who won out. The executioner gave a disappointed grunt as Raya was left free. No blood would be spilled, yet

No one was lynched

It is now night. The Night phase ends in 48 hours or when all actions are sent in.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:53 am

The nighthpase ends in about 23 hours

But I have a pretty good number of night actions right now, hurry up and get those last few night actions in folks.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 am

Snake walked through the streets, giddy about what the oncomning night would bring. Soon these accursed games would be over once and for all soon her could have. Soon he would have peace, soon he would see the sweet sweet flames, soon *thud*

The first thing Snake noticed when he awoke was the sweet sweet flames. But these flames would not burn, all they did was illuminate the room revealing rows of dark robed figures, faces of obscured by hoods. An arcane chanting ran through the crowd, transforming from but a murmur into an echoing roar. The flames suddenly seemed to small and insignificant next to the darkness surrounding him. A figure stepped out of the crowd his dress was no different to the others but they seemed to treat him with more respect. He reached into his robes and pulled out an obsidian blade, At this point Snake realised he was chained to an altar, the gravity of the situation set it. He struggled against his bonds in vain and the knife weilding figure glided ever closer. As the figured reached him all will to fight left, he lay on the altar, unmoving, defeated. He watched in horror as the knife plunged down into his chest and tore open a gash. The pain exploded, his vision began to fade. In his last moments he saw the figure plunge an arm into his chest, he felt the grip of fingers against his heart, as the world faded away from Snake the figured grabbed hard and pulled.

Snake was killed, he was Camilla a Petal Meadows Asylum Inmate

A figured walked through the streets stalking his prey. His quarry was not making his task difficult, unlike everyone else is the city his target showed no fear at walking these streets alone, almost seeming cocky in his own ability to survive. The killer made nothing of it. He could not get distracted, he could not kill. He focused on his prey with a singleminded determination, he had to make sure they died. As his target approached he stepped out of the shadows and fired, hitting him square in the chest. All was still. The target stared unflinchingly at his assailaint took another step towards he. The killer fired again but he was still unfazed.
"Do you really think a puny mortal such as you could kill me?"
He lunged forward suddenly, knocking the gun out of the other man's hands.
"What does not kill me only makes me stronger"
The attacker was pinned to the ground now
"And tonight, I cannot die"
As he saw the madman's clearly above his the assailainst's heart sank. For a breif moment he considred laying down and accepting his fate but his instincts kicked back into gear.
"And I. Cannot. LET. YOU. LIVE!"
With a superhuman burst of stregth he pushed the madman off him and sent him flying into the nearest wall sending himself into an uncontrollable rage.
When he regained control of his sesnes again the madman was lying on the floor in front oh him. Bloody, beaten and still breathing. Even now he continued to chuckle still thinking himself invincible. The attacker calmy retrived his lost firearm, pressed the barrel against the madman's head and fired

A shadowy figured watched him the distance simling

Requiem was killed. He was SuicideAngel, a member of the Super Secret Evil League of Good.

Perry wandered through the streets nervously. He had a sneasking suspicion that someone was watching him but every way he turned he saw nothing but shadows. He tried to calim himself but could not shake the feeling. He began walking faster, rushing to get back to the safety of the group. His mind was racing now, someone was nearby, he could hear it but sahdows taunted him, hiding anything from view. Eventually he came to a stop, silence. He breathed a sigh of releif and resumed walking at his normal pace. As he turned his back a figure emerged from the shadows behind him and cracked his neck. He never saw it coming. As the figure caught sight of Perry's twisted face a look of confusion crossed his face. But he quickly adsconded back into the shadows.

A shadowy figured watched on the distance simling

Perry was killed, he was SnakeInABox, a member of the Super Secret Evil League of Evil

It is now day 2, I'll put the dayphase end at a tentative 42 hours from now.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:37 am

Apparently there are a lot of different sides in this game... First of all, three nightkills (mafia, vigilante and serial killer perhaps?) and then not one of them managed to target a townie... At least it doesn't seem like any of them were townies...

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:59 am

Townie's might not be named townies, but this sure is confusing as fuck. That last round was spiked with sponts medicine, wasn't it?!?

Anyway, i wanna do a quick rundown here for alignments:

Petal Meadows asylum inmate
This sounds like cult, or joker/jester/crazy person. Camilla was A petal meadows asylum inmate, so that insinuates that there are more. There is only one jester, more would be silly except for lighthouse games on EM, if there even is a jester. To me, this sounds like cult, or something we have never encountered before.

Super secret evil league of good/Evil
It has good in its name, but also Evil. Seeing as the EloE has made it in the game, the good league is logically a counterpart, noone can argue with that, right? Perhaps, instead of mafia and townie, we have EloE and EloG. But camilla was a part of the EloE, right? Why does it state otherwise?

Just speculating, but this game is giving me headaches already, and it's only the second day. Q, any words of wisdom?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:19 am

I guess it was a good thing we all waited the night? There was enough killing that it wasn't really necessary.

Snake's death does seem like there are more of a cult involved...they might have to sacrifice people each night so this isn't going well...

Although snake and Q where both acting quite the same last dayphase so maybe Q is just another asylum inmate.

If it is that there is EloE and EloG are Mafia/Townie, then it is still a relief that we took one down but the other (Req) seemed like quite the useful Townie, and could be a big loss.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:22 am

Alright then- There's no nightphase clues, so I can't do an easy nightphase review- so time to look into the flavor text. First off-

"As the figure caught sight of Perry's twisted face a look of confusion crossed his face."

This means that perry was not the initial target of the killer- does that mean that there's a driver role in this game?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:58 am

My first thought when I read that was "Cultist, Mason, Mafia" It just seemed to fit. But I'm not sure, because EVIL league of good still does sound a little odd, but this is already kinda a crazy game. The only other thing I could think of is that there may be two mafias, which would explain two of the kills, but this game seems too small to have two.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:32 am

I'm not entire sure the first kill was from a cult per se. Cults are recruiters, not killers. I think it's more a group that are based on a cult as opposed to a traditional mafia cult (ie recruit the townies). Mafia is an obvious choice, but since there's been multiple deaths (and for saying there's a Secret League of Good AND a Secret League of Evil) there could very well be two groups with killing abilities. Weldar had a lot of fun with the two mafias in Q's game, after all.

The shadowy figure as well, watching both of the last two kills, the victims being in two different Evil Leagues. Potential Chessmaster again?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:42 am

Raya, I think minby meant that the people killed came from those groups, not that those groups performed the kill.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:02 am

I personally think that ELoG are Masons/townies and ELoE are mafian/cult And that Weldar is messing with us about the Evil in Evil League of Good.

Also I am for the Vig,Mafia,mafia/SK,Mafia,Mafia kills instead of something like a Vig,SK,Mafia. As I think Weldar would want to spice things up a bit from the usually formula.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:13 am

Okay, the fact that an Asylum is involved makes me nervous. NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES OUT OF A ASYLUM! I dare you, name 1 good thing that came out of a Asylum.

Possibly just as bad; the inclusion of 2 evil leagues, one apparantly the lesser of 2 evils. I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all. Best would obviously be them killing themselves, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Let's see if I can play more agressive this game.

Weldar Edit: Stupid hitting the thanks button instead of the quote button.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:48 am

Seriously, look at how people are behaving. Avalanche, with his constant habit of mentioning his own team when he's scum to distance himself from them. Viero playing the part of the distractor, trying to make the ELoG look like Townies. Avos calling talking about a cult sacrificing its own members being such a bad thing. And also bringing up the brilliant but silly idea that cult members have to be insane. There is a Chessmaster behind all this, gentlemen. It's the man in the sky; the guy who is running the show. Trust me, the government is responsible.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:50 am

If there was a line of reasoning in there somewhere its lost to me.

You say we have to lynch Weldar? Smoke out the chessmaster?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:46 pm

King Avalanche wrote:Okay, the fact that an Asylum is involved makes me nervous. NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES OUT OF A ASYLUM! I dare you, name 1 good thing that came out of a Asylum.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Razz

I'll post a little more, after I get home, lacking some time atm....but WTF is going on here?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:24 pm

Ok, after thinking about it a little more, two mafias seems more likely. If there are two mafias of 3-4 people each, that leave anywhere from 15-13 non-mafians, which doesn't seem like an unlikely ratio, especially if there are two sides warring with each other. This, combined with a cult, and assuming that last kill was a serial killer would probably be worst case scenario. More likely, though, we have a Vigilante who either knows something or got lucky, and we can get one mafia to kill of the other one, and leave us with them and the cult to deal with. Or, hell the asylum thing might be a red herring, and the ELoG might be masons, and we're actually set up quite well. No matter what, though, I'm gonna be hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm

AvosMeLardo wrote:I guess it was a good thing we all waited the night? There was enough killing that it wasn't really necessary.

Snake's death does seem like there are more of a cult involved...they might have to sacrifice people each night so this isn't going well...

Although snake and Q where both acting quite the same last dayphase so maybe Q is just another asylum inmate.

If it is that there is EloE and EloG are Mafia/Townie, then it is still a relief that we took one down but the other (Req) seemed like quite the useful Townie, and could be a big loss.

Quaetam wrote:Seriously, look at how people are behaving. Avalanche, with his constant habit of mentioning his own team when he's scum to distance himself from them. Viero playing the part of the distractor, trying to make the ELoG look like Townies. Avos calling talking about a cult sacrificing its own members being such a bad thing. And also bringing up the brilliant but silly idea that cult members have to be insane. There is a Chessmaster behind all this, gentlemen. It's the man in the sky; the guy who is running the show. Trust me, the government is responsible.

I stated that they have to simply sacrifice people, not their own members.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:37 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top