The Whatever Thread

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  DRTJR on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Despite Creative Writing has always been my second best class, after history.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Was in the hospital on Monday morning for my back, was given pills to take. Things have only gotten worse and my back is in rediculous pain. This is why I avoid seeing doctors.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:20 pm

My fiance's nephew of 11 days old passed away this morning, so she is traveling home to New York. I couldn't go because of school/work.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:
Mostly because I feel bad about not posting in the RP still. It's so much work. >_<

You're saying it's hard work? Razz

Relmitos wrote:There's a LOT of things you shouldn't do against Q unless you don't care if you win or not. For instance, I feel bad for whoever decides to play him in that RP battle thing where you write walls against each other.

Kinda wish I'd signed up for that. Though if I ever came up against him the thread would probably collapse under the sheer weight of text Laughing

JGH27 wrote:Was in the hospital on Monday morning for my back, was given pills to take. Things have only gotten worse and my back is in rediculous pain. This is why I avoid seeing doctors.

If the pills aren't working why not go back and tell them? Maybe they're just not right for you. A few years ago I took some pills that gave me splitting aura migraines. Went back, got switched to a different brand and it was fine. If your back's causing you that much agony you can't not take something for it.

@Avos: Sorry to hear that =/

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Yeesh, Avos, I can't imagine how that's gotta feel. Hope she's gonna be ok.

J, I second Raya's suggestion about it. Doing nothing could easily just make it worse.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks, yeah I know everything will be ok, just a rough shocker.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:43 pm

Avos, I'm sorry to hear that. It breaks my heart when I hear of a baby dying. Well, death in general upsets me, but more so when it's a child that dies so early on in his or her life.

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Back from my trip, sure was fun /collapses to bed

And I am very sorry to hear that, Avos Sad

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 am

Right, I'm going to be a stupid foreigner again.

Was talking to my friend last night as she told me that they don't have Christmas crackers in the US. I expressed a lot of doubt over this since crackers are an integral part of Christmas, so the idea of them not existing in America seems impossible, yet she swears blind it's true. I looked online and apparently you can only find them in British import shops or as fireworks(!). So...are they honestly not available in the US? Or just really rare?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:46 am

I have never even heard of Christmas crackers. Why exactly are crackers important for Christmas?

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:52 am

Viero wrote:I have never even heard of Christmas crackers.
This. Are they like fire crackers?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:00 pm

What the fuck are you on Raya?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Maybe she means Matzers? Matsers? whatever the fuck you call em.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:34 pm

What the hell is a christmas cracker.

Oh, wait. Are they the things that look like its a piece of candy, and when you pull it it pops open and there's a toy inside or something?

Never heard of it.

AMERICA FUCK YEA

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Yeah, we most definately don't have those Raya, or at least not in my area anyway.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:02 pm

My mind is truely boggled guys. This is insane.

Right, this is a cracker:

Spoiler:

A person holds each end and pulls the cracker apart. Inside there's a cardboard strip with some...I dunno, gunpowder(?) on, which makes a loud crack when it's snapped in two. Inside there's a paper party hat, a small gift and a traditionally God-awful joke. Usually the person with the biggest section after it's been pulled open keeps what's inside, though people just tend to make it so everybody has one at the end.

Traditionally when you set the table for Christmas dinner there's a cracker beside everybody's plate, and once the meal is finished people pull them then. Normally people buy them but handmade and personalised ones are quite popular too.

The UK can't be the only country that has them, seriously. Weldar, Camilla, J, War, you're all part of the British Empire 2: Electric Boogaloo Commonwealth, surely you guys must have them. I can't be that mad.

Ansem wrote:What the fuck are you on Raya?

Stronger stuff than you, apparently Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:36 pm

They're not exactly "christmas-y" anymore- around my neighborhood, they're more used for new years. "Party Poppers" are usually what they go by in the store.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:53 pm

Basically what Td just said. I've seen those types of things before and used them myself, just never as a Christmas specific party favor.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Yeah those are a New Years and 4th of July thing here. We can only be big on them about every 6 months that the 25th of December is too soon.

And yeah, they're referred to more as poppers in Cali too. And they look more cone shaped. Crackers are more applied to Black Cats and other more illegal loud-cracking fireworks.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Yea, what Smash is referring to as crackers are these fire crackers:

Much fun. I like Artillery Shells more though.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Raya wrote:My mind is truely boggled guys. This is insane.

Spoiler:

A person holds each end and pulls the cracker apart. Inside there's a cardboard strip with some...I dunno, gunpowder(?) on, which makes a loud crack when it's snapped in two. Inside there's a paper party hat, a small gift and a traditionally God-awful joke. Usually the person with the biggest section after it's been pulled open keeps what's inside, though people just tend to make it so everybody has one at the end.

Traditionally when you set the table for Christmas dinner there's a cracker beside everybody's plate, and once the meal is finished people pull them then. Normally people buy them but handmade and personalised ones are quite popular too.

The UK can't be the only country that has them, seriously. Weldar, Camilla, J, War, you're all part of the British Empire 2: Electric Boogaloo Commonwealth, surely you guys must have them. I can't be that mad.

Don't worry Raya, we have them, and they're an integral part of Christmas here. My sisters love pulling them, so we generally end up pulling them at the start of meals haha. And wear the silly paper hats while we eat, also tell the stupid jokes that come in them.

I'm so looking forward to Christmas.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm aware of them!

...(They were in an episode of Doctor Who)

Anyway, bad news received today. I have my first cavity.

UGH.

And not because I take good care of my teeth up until now. The opposite really. Turns out if I don't seriously change my habits ALL of my teeth could be next. So, not feeling to good at the moment, pondering the advantages of just getting dentures now (Number One: Cool Party Trick... Number Two:...)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:27 pm

TheTJ wrote:I'm aware of them!

...(They were in an episode of Doctor Who)

Anyway, bad news received today. I have my first cavity.

UGH.

And not because I take good care of my teeth up until now. The opposite really. Turns out if I don't seriously change my habits ALL of my teeth could be next. So, not feeling to good at the moment, pondering the advantages of just getting dentures now (Number One: Cool Party Trick... Number Two:...)

I'm sure changing your habits is probably wiser. Wink

I've had cavities. Ugh. Sucks, man. *hugs*

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:55 pm

Man I have an awesome time coming up.

Friday: Meeting up with a group of friends after work and heading to Sheffield for the weekend, at a national card gaming tournament.

Anyone heard of Universal Fighting System? It's basically a crossover fighting card game with characters from Street Fighter, SoulCalibur, The King of Fighters, Samurai Shodown, Darkstalkers and Tekken. At the moment a new company (Jasco Games) has taken to reviving UFS with a new original story, Red Horizon.

The cool thing about this game is the top prize is a tournament legal character card of yourself! My friend won the UK Nationals last year, and this is his card.

After that awesome weekend, I've got a week off to get ready for 2 things. The first is moving out to my brother's house (cheap living FTW), and the second is the MCM Expo! I'll be cosplaying as Mr. Fish again for friday, Chris Redfield for Sunday, and on the Saturday I'm gonna be Akuma, with my brothers cosplaying as Sub-Zero and Zangief!

It's gonna be SO AWESOME!

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Raya wrote:My mind is truely boggled guys. This is insane.

Spoiler:

Oh right. What we in Sweden call a "smällkaramell" (literally "bang candy"). I remember we used to have them when I was younger, but I actually don't think I've seen one for several years... I had completely forgotten about them...

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top