The Whatever Thread

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:39 pm

So, my dad did not get unemployment because the Judge was up to something and did not look at the facts while straight up lying. The shit just hit the fan and I do not give my dads former company more then a few months. Given his track record of putting entire companies out of business.

IE: He worked for a pet shop called Noahs Arc, maybe some of you heard of it a good awhile ago. He quit and made them have to get every single one of their birds in every single one of their stores a check up with a vet because they did not treat them right and they had all sorts of problems. They did not have enough money for it and they had to close.

The same can be said of most if not all of the places my dads worked at because something was not up to code. It is actually quite amusing to watch assholes lose their companies when they treat their workers like shit or something of the sort. And I don't think my dad will let the judge off that easy as well.

This is going to be an interesting couple of months to say the least.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:20 pm

Oh man guys! Oh man oh man oh man oh man!

Ghostbusters is going to be shown in select theatres on thursday the 13th, 20th, and 27th! And one of those theatres is RIGHT BY MY HOUSE!

I get to see Ghostbusters in theaters!

Very Happy

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 am

Going to be giving a 30 minute presentation tomorrow on how to do all the basics in 3D Studio Max as "I am the best in the class" As said by my teacher and he wants to get me ready for when I have to give presentations on projects, what ever they may be.

Happy Very Happy

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:43 pm

@ TJ-Jealous. Extremely jealous. I love ghostbusters.

@ Viero-Congrats man! Gotta be a good feeling.

As for your dad, what exactly happened that he might sue the company over?

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:58 pm

TheTJ wrote:Oh man guys! Oh man oh man oh man oh man!

Ghostbusters is going to be shown in select theatres on thursday the 13th, 20th, and 27th! And one of those theatres is RIGHT BY MY HOUSE!

I get to see Ghostbusters in theaters!

Very Happy

Way to make me feel old TJ. I remember going to see Ghostbusters 2 at the cinema Sad

Granted I was four years old at the time and it scared the hell out of me, but y'know...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Qod wrote:

@ Viero-Congrats man! Gotta be a good feeling.

As for your dad, what exactly happened that he might sue the company over?

Yes it is. Smile

And he is not suing, he is going after them because it is an very unsafe place to even be in let alone work. One of the main reasons that comes to mind Is that it can get up to 120 Degrees with no ventilation at all.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:47 pm

I would love to work in 120 degree weather, it beats 60 degree weather.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:49 pm

That would be because you frequently swim in lava.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 pm

Molten rock makes for a great hot tub, let me tell ya.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:27 am

Leaving for Slovakia once again, should be awesome again Razz See you on Monday!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:39 pm

I had a rather fun day and I got to show the basics of 3D Studio Max. And even then in the 30-45 minutes I was given to present it. I went through it pretty fast while still trying to go slow enough so people get it. And I really have only made a dent in the basics. Basically there are 6 different categories to 3D Studio Max. I assume you guys know of them as you see them every time you play a game or watch an animation. Modeling, animation, texturing, lighting, cameras, and modifiers. And each of them have their own huge list of sub categories.

Such as in modeling there are tons of names for different ways to model. Spline model, Patch model, Box model, cylinder model, Subdivision model. Let alone how to use them correctly. And even when you are modeling you have to keep a eye on many other parts if you are say modeling a character. Where the breasts would go, the number of vertices you have when connecting hands/feet/ears to the body so you do not have extra that you need to take care of which will be timely to fix, having it all in quad polygons(having a polygon with 3 or 5+ sides will mess up with the rig and look weird), making sure everything is modeled a certain way.

Animation is the 2nd part, if you want to rig (what makes it possible to animate characters and other things) Then it better be modeled right or very bad things will happen. It usually takes a good bit of time to model human characters and even more for complex animals where you have to go through and make each individual bone (which is part of the entire rig). To create professorial animations it would take a lot more then 3D Studio Max. You would need to do green screen. But that is not to say that you can not make good animations without it. Along with that you have to set it up so it would act like it is suppose to. So a head dose not spin 360 degrees and do on.

Next is texturing which most of the time takes place in Photoshop for the more complex textures. But I am sure there are those here that do not realize how huge textures play a part in games/animations. I am not talking about how pretty it makes everything look. It actually most of the time makes the landscape/level itself. Used to make hills into hills, water/lava act like water/lava, even say make a coin. They would not model the coin itself. If they want to get the heads on there. What they would do is get a normal picture of a head. And put it in what is called a bump map. Where when it is centered. I will actually pop up and look like it was a normal coin. Same for the edges of the coin. World 8 in my short little show case, that black aura like thing. That is a texture that I animated and put on the world. Same for the background. It is fantastic what a skilled person can do with textures alone.

The rest will come in a bit. It is amazing what a person can do with this stuff. All the stuff I said so far. I would not consider to be all the basics. There is so much to learn. But god damn. It is so worth it when you get into it and can make amazing models with all other 5 put together and be able to say that I made that. I fucking love doing this and I will never pick another career over this.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Off to Venice for the week... well to be exact tomorrow morning but still. I'll see you guys in a few days Smile

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Sounds like it'll be fun, Orland went to Venice once and he enjoyed it. Enjoy, and take pictures to show us!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:03 pm

Hey, letting you all know I'm not dead, but pretty damn busy with school and other things.

Mostly because I feel bad about not posting in the RP still. It's so much work. >_<

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:08 pm

A word of warning....never EVER play Q in scrabble if you want to win...seriously the game isn't even over and he's kicking my butt. Shoulda known better Razz

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:21 pm

how are you playing Q in scrabble?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:22 pm

There's a LOT of things you shouldn't do against Q unless you don't care if you win or not. For instance, I feel bad for whoever decides to play him in that RP battle thing where you write walls against each other.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:29 pm

td260 wrote:how are you playing Q in scrabble?
Words with friends. It's on facebook and through iPod apps. It's rather fun, this is the first game of scrabble I've played in a while...and it really shows haha

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Damn I can't play that game because it isn't called "Words with acquaintances". Razz

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

I never enjoyed playing word games like that. I don't know, they just don't seem to hold my attention.

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:10 pm

DarkFalco wrote:
td260 wrote:how are you playing Q in scrabble?
Words with friends. It's on facebook and through iPod apps. It's rather fun, this is the first game of scrabble I've played in a while...and it really shows haha

I've got that app on my ipod. haven't been able to play anyone in it yet though.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:03 pm

I am UNDEFEATED at scable I have played it a grand total of twice.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:15 pm

DRTJR wrote:I am UNDEFEATED at scable I have played it a grand total of twice.

Says the one who cannot spell scrabble :3

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:22 pm

The Irony is that I won the second game against my seventh grade English teacher.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:35 pm

DRTJR wrote:The Irony is that I won the second game against my seventh grade English teacher.

Herein irony was a proper noun, and thus not appropriate for scrabble :3

Pretty ironic though, yes. I know I beat one of my math teachers in chess, which was great because he hated me even before that, simply because I tried too hard. I've been told he's one of those teachers that really doesn't like the smart kids, though I attempt to not judge myself that way at all.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top