The Whatever Thread

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TD260 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Doublepost because my craptop is misbehaving. My screen randomly blinks off and goes black for a second or two, then returns with an error message stating
"Display driver igfx stopped responding and has recovered"

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:29 pm

I wish man. I get the same problem with mine only it's an AMD Driver. Then after a random period of time it crashes on me.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:45 pm

update: I reinstalled the driver. the computer fought me through the reinstall process, with the inherent firewall as well as spybot S&D spazzing the whole time. Then the screen randomly went into a lower resolution and into clone mode, before reverting back to my normal setting. finally, it's done.
so, I restart my computer, and the damn thing is locked in at 1280X800- and cloned on both monitors
so I turn off the notebook monitor. (this is using the inherent intel driver software shit)
the craptop's monitor turns off, but it doesn't solve my initial problem- I'm still locked in at 1280x800 max
then I go into the control panel control.
suddenly, although "extend my monitor" is turned off, my laptop screen is being extended.
so I check the "extend my monitor" box, and hit apply.
nothing changes...
...except now I have the option to go to a higher resolution on my monitor.
so now it goes to 1280x1024
unchecked extend to other monitor, and it's back to normal.
no random flickers yet.
Idk wtf happened.
fuck you, craptop.
fuck you.

Not sure how long this will last, because with the amount of random wtfery I get from this thing it's bound to fuck something up.

Like how "Default setting EXE MFC application" would crash on boot every time for like, 2 years. stopped recently, for no reason.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:59 pm

Oh man, quick!

Happy Pie Day!

...Whew, and with one minute to spare, barely got that in there.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:19 am

Pi Day at 9:26 on 2015 will be epic; it'll be 3/14/15 9:26!

also Beware the Ides of March!

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:55 pm

So uh, I haven't been on here in like, two months. Sup guys. I told Q I'd be back on the 15th of February and ended up taking a month longer for that. Doesn't help that I check my Facebook about twice a month.

I don't think I'll be trying to catch up on the RP again, obviously. Q and I had a cool idea set up but by now it's probably way too late, and I'm generally just either too busy or not passionate enough about it anymore to bother writing when I could be doing other things I enjoy slightly more.

I'm not dead though, and I still love you guys.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:33 am

Oh hey, welcome back Omicron! It's been a while. I was wondering if you'd forgot Razz.

You might find that the RP isn't as far ahead as you think: You could easily jump in. I'll give you a brief summary, then see how you feel.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:
I don't think I'll be trying to catch up on the RP again, obviously. Q and I had a cool idea set up but by now it's probably way too late, and I'm generally just either too busy or not passionate enough about it anymore to bother writing when I could be doing other things I enjoy slightly more.

:< I'd still like you to stay in the game Omi. You have an excellent writing style and from Q told me I really liked what your plans were. It wouldn't be too hard to jump back into the game; right now we're in the middle of a fight, which is always a good chance to appear again Razz

I'll send you a PM about what's been happening since your last appearance.

Welcome back as well~

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:33 pm

He said there wasn't going to be a question on active filters.

#2 was a an active filter question.

And that's how I got fucked today.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Finals, smash?

On my end I'm working on job applications. I don't want to be stuck working KMart again over the summer. ...not again, not now Razz I've come to realize that the monotony of basic cashier/stock jobs drives me slightly crazy, which is a problem. So I'm pushing hard for camp counselor/internship/research positions.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:01 pm

Quaetam wrote:Finals, smash?

On my end I'm working on job applications. I don't want to be stuck working KMart again over the summer. ...not again, not now Razz I've come to realize that the monotony of basic cashier/stock jobs drives me slightly crazy, which is a problem. So I'm pushing hard for camp counselor/internship/research positions.
Yep, done now, and they were terrible.

Oh, yeah, I also got a job yesterday working on campus in The Avenue. Specifically at the Chick-Fil-A in there. Place your bets how long it takes me to burn myself with the fryer.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Can I bet that it happened during the interview?

As for me, I can't seem to find a job. I figure I'll try Home Depot again (For the Dalek/TARDIS materials) before papering the town with applications until something sticks.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 am

I just checked our newest registered member 'renlas' and he sent himself a visitor message for mail order Russian brides... Do people that make spam bots really think that kind of stuff actually works?!

I'm in the same boat btw Doctor. Can't get anywhere with apps or resumes. Never even get to the interview portion of searches.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:44 am

I got a job picking up trash for the lawyer who works on the floor above my dad's office.

It pays pretty well though, but i'm not going to be able to maintain it after the school year lets out.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:03 pm

I didn't even have an interview. It's campus dining, so it's easier to get than an off campus job. I just submitted an app and asked to speak with a couple managers and hen I got a call at the end of the quarter when they were doing new hiring.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Just watched Transformers 3 with Rifftrax and I have a few thoughts:

- There is nothing Micheal Bay holds sacred (Including Wrath of Kahn)
- There were no less than 260 explosions (I counted)
- Sam's girlfriends are waaaaaay too good for him
- Sam's transformer friends are too good form him too
- Really, Michael Bay, not content on just ruining Transformers, decided to crap on the last 50 years as a whole
- The Dark Side of the Moon is not a permenant location
- Real parents aren't that clueless
- No one cares about the marine characters so why do they keep showing up?
- Buildings don't work that way
- John Tuturro is shameless
- So is John Malcovich
- LEONARD NEMOY WHYYY?!

Aaaand that about sums it up. 4 stars (Out of 50)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 am

Actually, I'll need to double-check this, but the dark side of the moon may be constant.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:47 am

td260 wrote:Actually, I'll need to double-check this, but the dark side of the moon may be constant.

It's constant in relation to Earth, not the sun. Otherwise how do solar eclipses work? Razz

So, in other news, I may be going to New York next year. It's Mother's Day today so I went round to visit my Mum for Sunday dinner. On the side she had a travel brochure for the US/Canada and I asked her about it. Since it's her 50th birthday next year she's planning on going there for a short trip with my stepdad and was telling me how my little brother has been saying that he wants to come along. I mentioned that I've always wanted to go to New York as well, so...looks like a family holiday is going to happen! Q, TD, Minby, if you're interested...

Slightly gutted though, when we were discussing it Mum made it sound like it was going to happen this year and I got all excited, then found out an hour later she actually meant next year, bah. Well, if we win the lottery in the meantime...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Raya wrote:
td260 wrote:Actually, I'll need to double-check this, but the dark side of the moon may be constant.

It's constant in relation to Earth, not the sun. Otherwise how do solar eclipses work? Razz

So, in other news, I may be going to New York next year. It's Mother's Day today so I went round to visit my Mum for Sunday dinner. On the side she had a travel brochure for the US/Canada and I asked her about it. Since it's her 50th birthday next year she's planning on going there for a short trip with my stepdad and was telling me how my little brother has been saying that he wants to come along. I mentioned that I've always wanted to go to New York as well, so...looks like a family holiday is going to happen! Q, TD, Minby, if you're interested...

Slightly gutted though, when we were discussing it Mum made it sound like it was going to happen this year and I got all excited, then found out an hour later she actually meant next year, bah. Well, if we win the lottery in the meantime...

Next year I will have rid myself of my overbearing mother, so the only thing that would prevent me from doing this would be my college schedule. Unless you come in summer. XD

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Dark side of the moon is meant less to reference the actual, physical "dark" side of the moon as it is the side that's opposite the Earth. When astronauts set foot there, they're considered to have gone dark: No radio signals can be made/received from the dark side of the moon. In this respect, yes, it is constant.

And Raya, I'm in :3. When next year would this be happening?

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Quaetam wrote:
And Raya, I'm in :3. When next year would this be happening?

I suspect it may be around Christmas since my mother has always really wanted to see the Rockefeller Centre christmas tree. Hence me being even more gutted, that's about 19 months away, gah. But still, it's pretty exciting. I've always wanted to go to America (I've never been outside of Europe- the Canary Islands don't count), plus I get to meet up with you awesome people.

If you like I'll bring some British chocolate with me Wink

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Just got to college. This... will be interesting.

@Raya- Christmas 2013 you mean then? Damn, that is quite a ways. Ah well, it's worth the wait, I'd still easily be up for it.

British chocolate is a must Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:15 pm

If school is out by then (please let it be), I'm so totally gonna try to head over there. Doubt I'll be able to, but dammit I'm gonna try.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 pm

if only i wasn't in the midwest. it's rather far Sad

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Quaetam wrote:
@Raya- Christmas 2013 you mean then? Damn, that is quite a ways. Ah well, it's worth the wait, I'd still easily be up for it.

British chocolate is a must Razz

Yes, you can imagine my disappointment when I found out it was next year rather than this year like I thought. Ah well, better to happen then than never at all.

@Relm: It'd be brilliant if you could come along too! This could turn into quite a big forum meetup, actually. Heh, I might be stealing Fed's crown of 'most forumers met IRL'.

@DF: Get saving, you have a year and a half Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top