LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

Post  TD260 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Should I play this game?

I enjoy watching people play it, and I can follow it fairly easily. But I'm not sure if I should actually start playing due to the amount of time that I'd probably need to be good at it. :l

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah it really does. But you can just do what I do, play and have fun while still not being good at it.

I'd recommend giving it a shot. You'd probably want someone there to show you the ropes in your first game, having a friend in the same room is preferable but there's plenty of people here on the forums who could do that too.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:37 pm

I could help you if you like TD. I'm helping another friend atm as well. Also there are gobs of tutorials out there that can help. Its a really fun game. And you can't beat free

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:24 pm

td260 wrote:Should I play this game?

I enjoy watching people play it, and I can follow it fairly easily. But I'm not sure if I should actually start playing due to the amount of time that I'd probably need to be good at it. :l
Have you played Dota or HoN or any similar game before? And played them enough to get good at them?

If not, expect to invest a lot of time before you start to be come proficient at it. I'd say around 100 wins (~200 games) is about the time people on average start really understanding everything that's going on. Some people pick it up faster than that but that's about the time investment I'd expect. That being said, I don't know anyone who's regretted putting time in yet, it's a stupidly fun game, it's free, and it's great with friends.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:28 pm

"Getting good" at League of Legends is a neverending endeavor; just enjoy the way there. Even if you're awful at the game, it doesn't matter, just have fun. So long as you don't rage or belittle people, it's easy to have people enjoy playing with you too.

And for what it's worth, I've made some 10-15 IRL friends at my university because of this game. In fact, once I was sitting at a table with some stranger during lunch when out of nowhere, he asks "Do you by chance happen to play League of Legends?" We proceeded to talk about it for 20 minutes and now play together on occasion. It's the most popular and widespread video game in the world, so playing it can be a very social experience.

Like everybody else, feel free to add me and we can play and I can offer any advice you need, up to what I know. As Surge said, it's great with friends. The most fun I've had in League of Legends is jumping onto Skype/Teamspeak/Vent with a group of friends and just going at it. Doesn't get better than that.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:05 pm

the reason why I'm considering it is because It's really fun to watch- I've got like 3 or 4 friends here who play a lot. The problem with games like LoL and Starcraft and such is that I find it fairly easy/entertaining to follow the theory of the game, but hard to do in actuality. That said, LoL seems better than starcraft to pick up on a lower time/effort scale due to the fact that it's A) Free and B) doesn't require as much multitasking ability.

I'm tempted to give it a shot, at least.

If I do, it would be after my physics test on Wednesday. I've got enough distractions prior to the test; I don't need to add more. XD

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 am

td260 wrote:the reason why I'm considering it is because It's really fun to watch- I've got like 3 or 4 friends here who play a lot. The problem with games like LoL and Starcraft and such is that I find it fairly easy/entertaining to follow the theory of the game, but hard to do in actuality. That said, LoL seems better than starcraft to pick up on a lower time/effort scale due to the fact that it's A) Free and B) doesn't require as much multitasking ability.
Having an understanding of how the game works gives you a big advantage to that learning curve you'll start with. it's really not a hard game to play, little micromanaging or twitch skill is involved, you just either "click guy to do ability" or "click direction to shoot ability." Non-target abilities are not hard to hit with either, at least in my opinion. The real hard thing to learn is habits (last hitting, checking the map, warding), and the knowledge needed to play proficiently. Like, knowing how the whole cast operates: most every champions abilities, what type of champion they are (AD, AP, bruiser, tank, support, etc. some of these designations overlap or are unclear) their strengths and weaknesses. You should know all the items, you should know the map inside and out, you should be aware of the current metagame, and you should have more intimate knowledge of your own champions that you like to play.

It sounds like a lot to learn, and it is, but gameplay itself flows very smoothly and it isn't a technically difficult game to play. It's really more about strategy than any other skill, and strategy in League is the simplest of all the others in the genre.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Started playing League a lot more. Getting used to a lot of champions. I think I am doing pretty good.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 am

Did TD decide to try it out or nah?

EDIT: I decided to look through all my old receipts to find out exactly how much I've actually spent on League and it came out to $160. A bit higher than I expected, but I've played the game for, well, 16 months, so it's only $10 monthly and that seems pretty reasonable, especially considering how much I've enjoyed the game and as a result probably avoided purchasing many other games (even Steam sales).

Only about $20 was spent on skins (on sale) and the rest on champions (also whom I bought almost entirely when they were on sale for 487 RP).

I regret nothing.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:32 pm

i'm already playin' and always with Twitch, the best coward is this game ^^'

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Wed May 01, 2013 8:04 pm

And NOW I see this thread. I'll just leave this here;

SpoonMan Abrams X wrote:So I have started playing League of Legends this past week.

I figured I would at least enjoy it to some extent because of my background as an MMO player and affinity for old school RTS games, but it really even surprised me how enjoyable it is.

The F2P system in it is really quite well done, especially with the fact you technically don't even have to spend any money on it ever. They always have a nice selection of "Free" Champions to play every week and you earn points towards unlocking stuff just by playing, which is a feature that should be required by ALL games that go F2P, not just a select few.

So anyone here still playing it add me, my summoner name is AbramsX

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 pm

League, hang out with friends, and school is pretty much all I do nowadays. I'll add you next time I get on. I see Surge on a decent amount and invite him to games on occasion, but have yet to play with him once.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 pm

Playing with Surge and his friends is always good fun, no matter if you win or lose. And sure, I'll add you, Spoon Smile

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu May 02, 2013 3:56 pm

I play a lot. :x

Lets get a game together? Maybe something casual like bots or ARAM?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Wed May 15, 2013 1:34 am

SurgePox wrote:Lets get a game together? Maybe something casual like bots or ARAM?
I am up for anything so long as I have the time. (haven't had much lately)

I'll be on Thursday and/or Friday for sure.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed May 15, 2013 2:42 pm

i'm playing now! trying to get my rank up in ranked....bronze IV :U i'm always ready and willing to play though haha

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu May 16, 2013 10:54 am

Last night I played an ARAM game and got matched against Riot employees. They crushed us. BUT, I managed to kill Statikk with Statikk Shiv so I can be smug about that >:3

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu May 16, 2013 3:40 pm

i played a 14-3-12 game as nasus. we lost, which still boggles my mind (i had the most overall kills and least amount of deaths). still i'm pretty damn proud of that game. And i made it up to bronze III in the game after so theres that Very Happy

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat May 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Is anyone watching All-stars?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Sat May 25, 2013 1:59 pm

A little bit. It's not quite as exciting as some other major tournaments have been, unfortunately. Too much time between the games and unfortunately it's on a foreign time schedule.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat May 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:A little bit. It's not quite as exciting as some other major tournaments have been, unfortunately. Too much time between the games and unfortunately it's on a foreign time schedule.
I agree mostly, every game has been 2-0, and none of them have been comebacks (except one throw by NA in game two against china)

EU vs NA was exciting though.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon May 27, 2013 4:30 pm

NAMIKAZE

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon May 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Fedaykin wrote:NAMIKAZE

THAT GAME

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 pm

So League bugged today where it had connectivity problems making the game.

There were two instances of the summoners rift match. One had 8 players in it. The other had two players. I was in the instance of the game that had only two played. Me (Miss Fortune) vs Jayce.

Farm three lanes, base race. In the end, it didn't count.

1v1 Summoners Rift ftw.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:38 am

Really liked playing ARAM. Ziggs and Urgot make for hilarious poke and less conventionally I've carried as Evelynn and Warwick.

Not as fond of Summoners Rift but played it with a mate of mine. Playing Janna support and Yorick toplane is really amusing, in that there is very little your opponent can do. An opposing Riven in particular became pretty salty.

Still, too much pressure on the Rift for me. Aram is where it's at. Also, kinda think im done with Lol.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:46 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top