The Q&A thread

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Q&A thread

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:54 pm

I've seen boards with entire subforums dedicated to this...I think we're better off with just a thread though Razz

The object is simple: someone asks a question about everyone, everyone answers. If you feel enough answers have been given, ask a new one. Get to know the other forumers better and learn TMI all about them!

I'll get the ball rolling: What's your earliest memory?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Q&A thread

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:57 pm

I think my earliest memory is going with my parents to see Swan Lake. My dad works as a pianist at the Malmö Opera and Musical Theatre, so I went to the theatre quite a lot growing up.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:16 pm

Pushing my brother off some stairs, when I was 2, thus breaking his arm(we were playing catch and he is 3 years older)

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Around when I was 2 years old, we'd just moved to the house my parents still live in. It's almost a photographic memory, but i can pretty much remember us riding up to the new house in the car, with my plastic elephant slide in the back.
I remembered not knowing crap about what was going on aswell.

I find it funny how I remember the day of our moving, and absolutely nothing about my old home.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Throwing a plush toy over the edge of a stair railing and having my dad throw it back up to me so I could repeat.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Mine is sitting around with my brother and mom playing Super Nintendo. Do not remember what game it was.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Hmmm, tough call as I really don't know. Probably going to the Oshawa Generals hockey games with my dad and brother. And eating ice cream bars there LOL

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:30 pm

This thread needs a catchier title, gah.

My first memory was when I was about a year and a half, getting a brain scan. My mother had sat me on a table and told me not to move. I was an idiot and did, falling off and knocking myself out. I don't remember the falling (obviously Razz) but I recall the hospital. I wore an orange cap covered in wires and remember being amazed at seeing my brain waves on the computer screen. The doctor went to put some clips on my wrist, which really scared me since they looked like jump leads and I thought they'd dig into my flesh, but I was really suprised when they didn't hurt at all.

...which is a really weird thing for very young child to think, actually. I'd blatantly never used jump leads before, but I must have seen my parents using them. I probably assumed that if an adult struggled to open them they must close powerfully too, so they'd seriously hurt me. That's a bloody big leap of logic for a one year old to make.

Apprently the scan was to make sure I didn't do any damage when I hit my head. I guess we'll never know Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Mine is from when I was about a year old, rolling down a hill, and having a car roll over me, just barely not-killing me. Then nothing for another few years, but I can remember the car so clearly. Still have nightmares about it sometimes.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:08 pm

My Youngest memory is My dad and I Playing football together and then piking out the spurs out of each others cloths like monkeys, I think I was five to seven. I have A shitty memory for anything past 2003 after I had a compound fracture at diabetes camp, None of the doctors could do a thing since they all were endocrinologists and not whatever bone doctors are.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Earliest thing I can actually remember is going to a relatives for some holiday and exploring the house because it was an interesting house. It was octagonal shaped and had multiple floors. Eventually I found my way into this one room with a guy playing Sonic 3, he let me play vs. mode with him, and that was that. I became a Sonic fanboy, lulz.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:20 pm

Earliest clear memory is from when I was around three. For a few years after we moved (I was almost three when we moved), we would occasionally go back to visit my old apartment building and I'd play with my sister on a slide that was behind the building.

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:06 pm

There was a bright light. Someone was screaming, and I felt like I had just come out of a huge fucking vag.

No but seriously, I was in a crib in some weird fucking brown room, complete with shitty 80's wood panel walls and shag carpet. My dads friends house. Dude had one rocking mustache.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:24 pm

My 5th birthday, shortly after moving to the town I live in now. Lots of people had masks, the cake was shaped like a clock set to 5 o'clock.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:39 pm

My earliest memory is being in one of those strollers in a mall and my parents picking out a Teddy Bear for me which... Yup, still have it. Used to be almost as big as me, but now it seems WAY too small to be the same bear.

I think I was around 2 at the time, so this is an old Teddy bear.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:45 pm

I think we were two at the time, but my sister and I were complete shits one day when we got a hold of the baby power and covered our room with a layer of white powder. Kinda hard to forget this cause my mom will sometimes remind me of it being the worst Mother's Day for her ever. Whoops.
SurgePox wrote:Throwing a plush toy over the edge of a stair railing and having my dad throw it back up to me so I could repeat.
Oh dude, I used to do this a lot with my sister except I was the one throwing the toy up cause she couldn't throw well.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:54 pm

smashbro wrote:I think we were two at the time, but my sister and I were complete shits one day when we got a hold of the baby power and covered our room with a layer of white powder. Kinda hard to forget this cause my mom will sometimes remind me of it being the worst Mother's Day for her ever. Whoops.

This made me lol.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:26 pm

smashbro wrote:[color=cyan]I think we were two at the time, but my sister and I were complete shits one day when we got a hold of the baby power and covered our room with a layer of white powder. Kinda hard to forget this cause my mom will sometimes remind me of it being the worst Mother's Day for her ever. Whoops.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Damn, we got 1up'd there... like tenfold.

Challenge accepted.

Edit: Wait, that looks too perfect. Where the parents of those kids on Good Morning America or whatever recently?

Edit2: Yeah, they were. There's some controversy about that vid being fake.

Also, my mother also took a video of us when we got baby powder (and desitin too, I just asked her about it) everywhere. Video was taken on an old recorder. Dunno how I can get it converted to a digital format, but I wanna try.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 pm

I have something of a similar story.

My family used to live in California, my brother and I were 3 and 4 at the time. The DAY before we moved all the way to Kentucky my brother and I got into some crayons and drew ALL over the walls. My parents had the thankless task of cleaning all the walls all night before driving the next day.

...Apparently as a kid I had a thing for walls because we did it to the apartment we moved into as well a month later. As a matter of fact I think my closet walls still have some drawings of Homestar Runner characters I did forever ago.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:11 am

My earliest memory was when i was 4, i got a boomerang stuck in my forehead when i was on a playground. Blood everywhere, had to have stitches. My niece was freaking out, and my brother couldn't stop laughing.
Since this one has been going on long enough, time for a new one, and since i'm 'the Todd', here goes nothing:

Who's the one celebrity that you would want to doink/have a good conversation with.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:31 am

Since I'm assuming the "Doink" list is going to be fairly predictable I'm going to answer the conversation question and say David Tennant.

I'd like to ask him what it's like to be pretty much the most iconic Doctor (Sorry Tom Baker) and some interesting stories from the set. Plus, from everything extra I've seen him in he seems like a pretty funny guy to talk to, and he DOES have a knack for monolouging.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:45 am

Bastard, I was gonna take that one.

Fine, I'll take a conversation with Nathan Fillion. That man is amazing. Firefly AND Castle? YES. The best part is that from what I've seen of his twitter, he just seems like a generally funny guy, so having a conversation with him should be entertaining.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:37 am

Quaetam260 wrote:Fine, I'll take a conversation with Nathan Fillion. That man is amazing. Firefly AND Castle? YES.
Don't forget about Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Speaking of which, I'll choose Felicia Day as my answer for both of Ansem's questions.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:18 am

How about Becky Young? She can wear the Samus outfit and everything Razz

As for conversations; can I pick Ghengis Kahn? I know he's dead and all, but he seemed like a interesting fellow, being one of the first leaders to promote freedom of religion and speech. Failing that, Andrew Hussie as the perfect example of a crazy writer. Greg Graffin perhaps, a old time punk rocker/paleontologie-biology professor. seems like a interesting fellow.

....realize now I have very few role models Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:21 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top