The Q&A thread

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Q&A thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 pm

I would have to say I would love to talk some with Voltaire or Mona Monica (voice of Izzy in the Digimon Dub.)

Both of them seem pretty interesting and they would be fun to talk to.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:29 pm

King Avalanche wrote:How about Becky Young? She can wear the Samus outfit and everything Razz
Tentaklos damn it. Now you're making me unsure...

And when it comes to the conversation I've got even more people to choose from. Neil Gaiman perhaps? I'd love to discuss mythology and the art of writing with Neil Gaiman.
Another celebrity I'd like to meet and talk to is...
Viero wrote:Voltaire
I assume you're referring to the Cuban-American Voltaire and not the French Voltaire?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Living or dead? Does it matter? Would dead people be alive for the purposes of this question? My answer hinges on this.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:33 pm

For the conversation either Christopher Lee, or Sean Connery.

For the other...That one british chick from Tranformers 3.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:58 pm

SurgePox wrote:Living or dead? Does it matter? Would dead people be alive for the purposes of this question? My answer hinges on this.

go for it, living or dead, who gives one or two....

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:20 pm

DRTJR wrote:Sean Connery

Damn you.

Several for Conversation: Kelsey Grammar, Gabe Newell, or Pierce Brosnan.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:53 pm

Glenn Beck

/trollface.jpg

Edit: 100 moar...

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:57 pm

For doinking it'd be Matt. I badly fangirl over him. If he'd asked me at Ayacon to run away with him to America I totally would have. Sorry bf and Sah, you're on your own Razz

Conversation-wise, John Ostrom. He was a palaeontologist who discovered Deinonychus and argued that dinosaurs weren't slow and stupid but active and clever creatures. He caused the dinosaur renaissance, restarted the debate they were the ancestors of birds and revolutionised what we knew about them. Also my pet subjects are feathered dinosaurs and the evolution of birds, so I'm sure we'd find plenty to talk about!

H G Wells comes a close second, he's one of my favourite authors and an all-round cool dude.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:17 pm

I kindof have a zero interest in celebrities XD Be it doinking or talking to.
So I'll pass on the question.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 am

well, I think i could have some pretty good convo's with johnny Depp, over some weed and booze, he seems like a cool guy. I saw him once in London, chilling in a jazz Cafe. Too bad i had to go to a show.

And i would totally doink Scarlet Johansson/Jessica Alba!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:15 pm

I'll ask the next one.

End of the world zombie apocalypse is among us. It's just you and three other survivors of the TWBB forums. Who is in your team? Note: This isn't a question of who would you want to live, but which forumers would you want in your own "left 4 dead" setup.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Hrm... Tough one. Raya's first choice since we agree on the whole "Fortify and Defend" strategy.

I guess two other people who also agree? I think Viero or Snake had something against it (But I can't quite remember)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:31 pm

Clearly I'd have to bring Camilla along becuase I know just how much she loves zombies Razz

No see my problem with this question is that I have to be one of the four which really just doesn't work at all. I am not survivor material and I don't really want to be one. I'm unfit, weak stomached, have no weapons and just generally not suited to this task at all. If an apocalyptic event is going to strike and wipe out most of the population I think I'd be happy enough to be in the majoirty that gets wiped out not the minority that's stuck struggling to survive and rebuild afterwards.

Oh and Q of course, gotta have Q.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Gosh....

Surge, BY2K, Gorblax Nevermind he would wonder off and never come back.., and hmmm Warchamp.

Truth be told, I don't know why.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:37 pm

Minby: Guy is the fastest runner on these forums (With Omi being 2nd? Or 1st? Not sure but there is another reason I picked Minby) We would need someone who is fast enough to get in and out of stores with supplies without getting caught (with various other examples this skill can come into play) and he would be the best for the job.

TD: He is a calm person who seems to work well under pressure and still be able to think clearly. And when we are surrounded by zombies, this skill will be incredibly important. TD is also one of the few people who I actually worked really well with before in mafia with both of us keeping the other in check. Also with Minby and TD both together I feel it would boost their moral to a point.

Ryan: We would need a good leader who is not easily brought down and knows that one or more of us might have to die for the group to go on which is the important thing. And even if he is brought down by whatever. He is a actor thus would be able to act as a leader and hide his fear/sadness/whatever. So he fits this role in pretty much any situation it would seem.

Warchamp, Outlaw, Fed, and Perry are the others that I really considered. Warchamp as a alt to Ryan, Same with Outlaw to a point. Fed as he would be a very good person to have when it comes to keeping people together as whenever there is a fight he would try to calm everyone down. And Perry because he is tall thus would be a good weapons man.

I based it off of certain skills and their moral. TD is an exception to this rule as I feel all the reasons to have him along would cancel his low moral out.

Yes TJ, I am for going place to place to avoid lack of supplies.

EDIT: Ya, I think about this a lot. Razz

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:52 pm

Myself, I can effectively use gun and or sword, knows how to live off of the land. although the Diabetes would pose a problem.

Q, Good strategist, would be good to talk to.

Raya, Agreeing on the hold to fort mentality, British, Good to talk to, could make tea, technically to sustain a population you need five people 2 of one gender and 3 of the other.

Cam, Good to talk to, is Australian, again the survival of the human race.

And if I didn't have to be included the fifth member would be Ryan/Snakeinabox for the same reasons V picked him. after all I have about a month for any given Apocalypse since I am Diabetic, which sucks since I would Rule a Post apocalyptic setting

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Well, first of all, it's nice to know at least one of you would pick me.

Now, I feel I'd be the best physically in the situation, since speed and endurance would be more important than raw strength, especially when in a group, where strength can be combined. I'm no slouch in strength, but my speed and endurance would definitely be my main strengths of the team. Possibly also being used to shutting my mouth and working, which is also a good trait to have, especially when we have:

Q/Raya/Snake: Probably, only one to be the leader. All three would be good at leading, and they probably know it, so it's best to leave less room for arguments, and have just one. They're all smart, and probably already have their entire plans set for this, so I'd trust any of them, but they still each have individual strengths. Q is incredibly devious, and can think of things no one else could, but might not think quite as practically as the other two. Would probably have some of the best ideas, but not so much leadership, because I think he would try too hard to make it fair for everyone to have a say. Q is too nice. Raya is also smart, and down to Earth. Could lead well, but I'm not sure is she could take leading on herself well, or if her self-doubt would get the better of her. I think in dire situations (or exciting for her) she could step up though. Then there's Snake. He's smart, and would have no problem leading by himself, but his arrogance could possibly get in the way. Still, any of the three would be great options, and they could probably all work together well, but they fit similar roles, so to flesh the team out a bit, I'd only choose one.

TD: Well, it's my list, I know the guy well enough, and he's a pretty solid pick, IMO. He can be a workhorse, I know all the crap he does in robotics, and he's another smart guy. He's also good at just working when he needs to, and not causing a fuss. Dude gets shit done.

JGH(assuming he's feeling 100%): Remember when I said pure strength didn't matter so much? I lied. Jeremy would be really helpful as a strong guy, and just another guy who could probably just work and get things done.

Can anybody sense the pattern here? One good leader, and some people with different strengths that can get stuff done. Now, hell, pretty much everyone could fit this bill somewhat. Could we use someone with other talents instead of another workhorse, sure. Two leaders better than one? Definitely maybe. Hell, there are a lot of good reasoning for anyone on here, but this is just my pick for right now.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:11 pm

I won I won!

Glad to see I made a list even though I am surprised. Thanks Minby!

As for my team, this is a tough one.

Probably Raya not only for her leadership but her knowledge as well. I mean, she has such a strong background in history I'm sure it could come in handy when it comes to using the past/Earth to our advantage.

Minby because he is fast so any situations that requires getting something done fast he's a strong bet.

As for #3 this IS a tough one. I'd say a toss up between Snake and Q. Both are strong minded and could probably hold their own. The TJ is also on the list as he strikes me as someone with decent strength.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 pm

This question is the perfect opportunity to announce some good news.

I was cast as one of the two leading characters in a CDC Zombie series.

It's really nbd, just some like 4 minute videos we are putting on Youtube, the only difference is its being put together by a team of professionals instead of a bunch of bored kids.

Whats exciting is, you guys will finally get to see me Act.

I would choose Quaetam, or course. His intellect would prove extremely helpful in dire situations. I would try to take charge as a leader, but I feel like there should always be more than one strong leader in a Zombie survival group, and both people should have a shared mentality. Q is someone who I feel I would agree with the most when it comes to strategic survival skills, and if we didn't agree, he is someone who's opinions I value enough to take into complete consideration, life or death. and I feel he can treat me with that same respect naturally.

Fedaykin/Perry. Both seem like nice sized dudes. They can manage their own. And both of them seem to carry with them a strong survivalist instinct. I chose Fed over Perry because I think Fed works mentally better with Q and I.

Ansem/Viero. Ansem would know his shit, and how to fight. Plus all that weed we would smoke when trapped in buildings for extended periods of time. I say trapped for long periods of time because only an idiot would get fucked up before fighting zombies. which is what makes Viero an option. Having Ansem and his capabilities is too good to be true. I feel like there is a catch irl. Viero on the other hand may not look like he has much to him, but I know he does a lot of studying for this exact thing like I do, and I value brains, obviously. Close contact with an infected means death, so in choosing a team I like to consider those who have strategy over strongegy. Plus, I feel the need to protect Viero from the zombies, the dudes too nice to be by himself.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:13 pm

I actually thought of this question the other day when i was hunting with my grandfather. Leadership skills and running is cool and all, but who here knows how to handle, fire, and maintain a gun? Gotta kill or be killed. Pretty much my picks were to be based of that question, and it seems to me that not many people here have even touched a gun. Here's a curve ball for you.

DRTJR: Said it himself he knows how to use a gun. And you were an eagle scout I think? Whatever the case, living off the land is useful. Diabetes could pose a problem, but in an optimistic view, I don't think it would take a month to reach a safe point. Just probably shouldn't make any mafia major decisions on his own or if my fuck all of us.

Outlaw: I'm pretty sure he knows how to use a gun. I remember back when we had the discussion on gun control, he said that he had access to five guns, and they were lucky to ever get used. That still implies to me that, even if he doesn't shoot much, he would still know how to use one. And if he doesn't know how to shoot, replace with JGH27 or Perry or Fedaykin.

td260: Dude builds robots. That shit could come in handy. Also, he was part of a rifle team in school. Not sure exactly what he did in the team, but the word "rifle" stands out. And he can plan, you guys just aren't aware of it.

Seems we're lacking in a powerhouse here. Oh well, we'll pretend like we have strength like in the video games. :B

Edit: My second team choice is Fedaykin, td260, and Perry. :333

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:55 am

I've never touched a gun, not expecting to be a strong choice in this; diplomacy doesn't work on the undead.

Unseriously, my team would be smash and ansem and we would just get hella baked like it's high school again. Seriously, I would wanna think about it more. DRTJR being an eagle scout makes him an automatic pick imo.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:15 am

pffft, by now we can conclude that there's noone on this forum who's truly stupid. Everyone has brains, now we just need to figure out which one we need. Or more specifically, which ones I need. My zombie team would totally consist of:

Fed: Medical skills and in fighting shape? Hell yes, get over here. Seriously, every team should need a medic, and since Fed has those skills, he makes an excellent addition to the team.

Perry: Down to earth in mind, fucking huge in body. The stoic, give-me-a-hammer-and-i'll-smash-their-face-in attitude, whats not to love? As i said, noone is an idiot, not even the strong guys on here, so why should I try and survive with the smart ones who can't run a mile before their lungs cave in.

Q: Smart, obviously, put he excels in planning and strategy, which is a helpful thing in my team. Cause I'm not here to survive, i'm here to rule the fucking world! Zombie apocalypse my ass, that's just the prelude! With my team, we'll rule this hell-bound earth! And Q's strategic mind would prove valuable for that. Plus, he sports=good shape. Seeing a pattern here?

And Me, ofcourse, as decision maker, fighter and importer of the finest illegal substances from all over the world. Cause be honest. Who do you think will thrive in an apocalypse? The bad guys. The ones that had to fend for their lives from the moment they were born. The junkies, the criminals. And they can easily be manipulated by someone who understands them, with the right means, plus their easy to control if you figure out what makes them tick.

Fuck, i love this stuff.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:26 am

All europe team, go

>Implying I won't be a statistic

Feday: not so much for his size, more for being the only one on the forum I know with actual medical skills. You better know how to work a first aid kit in a apacolyps.

Perry: both for his size and strength, as the fact that he's a bro. Granted, we'd probably get on each other's nerves in an apacolyps, but nothing that can't be hugged out. Also the only person I know with acces to weapons. Granted, they are probably pretty shitty swords, but it's better then my woodaxe or rusty pipe alternative.

Raya: because cleverness and repopulation? Not entirely sure at what point in the apacolyps she'll inevitably backstab us, or help repopulate, but I think she actually stands a good chance in such a scenario.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:27 am

You guys only think about my height :C I feel so used.

But to be honest, I won't be much good in a zombie apocalypse. My only qualities are to overpower people one on one simply with size, can go without food for longer than most people, have an interest in martial arts (though never practiced), own a sharpened sword or 2, have a pretty down-to-earth-everything-is-relative attitude, and a basic common sense with most things.

I can't run for shit, I prefer not to move too much, already have sacrificial/suicidal tendencies at most points, can be a real downer, naïve and unknowing about most practical shit, really not all that physical in lifting... etc. etc.
If I were to get struck by a zombie apocalypse, I'd just possibly enact the wild imaginations i have of cutting people with a sword, then fail miserably and die. Or hole myself up in a place with only 1 access route and occasionally swing heavy things at whatever's crawling up the stairs.
I don't really have a desire to live in a world full of zombies, nor bearing the responsibilities of repopulating shit Razz

So instead of putting myself in a team, imo the team with the best chance of not dying a zombie death but just of old age would be something like;
Smash, Snake, Td and Fed.
All for reasons already given.

EDIT: Oh, and one more plus point... I guess that I'd probably ensure the safety of other's before my own. Perhaps a bit too easily.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:41 am

Q For Tactical Support/Planning/Etc.

Vie because I agree that movement is best option

Lastly, Probably Fed due mainly to medical skills

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile