The Q&A thread

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Q&A thread

Post  Perry on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:13 am

Only if you're in an unfavorable position from the start. If your situation is manageable, you should stay put.
Moving around too much would eventually get you into situations where the odds are against you, and you'll have trapped yourself.

Ofcourse, assuming Zombies are without leadership/intelligence.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:43 am

If you stay put you run the risk of getting swarmed by zombies more so than if you move around. And once they know you are in there they will not stop trying to get in until they do.

But the biggest problem is when you run out of supplies (You will run out of supplies eventually, just a matter of when.) And you got nothing to go on, you will have to move. Which will be very difficult if the zombies are crowding your shelter. Even more so if the person is in the city. In which case the person better get their ass out of there.

You would want to get to a small town or outpost like a gas station with food and drinks. Which you can stay there for a bit then move onto the next town/outpost when there are either enough zombie come that are to much to handle, or you use up everything there.

Also it would be best to head down south. As while it will smell bad. The zombies will decompose quicker in the hot sun.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:15 am

Ruuning around has MAJOR drawbacks too.

Say for instance we're talking about the parasprite type zombies as opposed to supernatural. Parasprites can only survive as long as thier host, and if you can find a place that can't be broken into by blindly smacking at it with your hands (A treehouse oddly enough comes to mind) and you have a decent supply of food, you could just wait the zombies out. Eventually they'll run out of non-zombified people to eat and starve to re-death. BUT if you go galivanting across the country HOPING to find resources not already picked over or destroyed, then every single room you go into, every single corner you go around, every door you open could have a zombie, or dozens of zombies on the other side. All it takes is one bite and your out of the game.

Yes, running out of supplies could be a problem, but you know what? When it comes down to it, we can always leave our fortress if we have to, good luck finding a bunker or something while aimlessly drfiting.

Last edited by TheTJ on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 am

I'm really chuffed so many of you are picking me as part of your team. Although I'm slightly worried that my role in DRTJR's plan is to make tea and breed with him/Q/Snake.

I totally side with TJ: staying put is the best option. My plan is to get supplies, hole up in an easily defended fortress-church, have a cup of tea and wait for all this to blow over. The British winter will take care of the undead, so I just need to lie low until the spring rolls round. So my choices are based on a combination of skills and who won't get cabin fever/drive me insane whilst being locked up in a building together for several months.

Fedaykin: He's a big tough guy and I'd trust him with my back. We get along great, he has medical skills and can also hold his own in hand-to-hand combat.

Smashbro/Requiem: Both of them know how to handle a gun, which would give us an advantage against other survivors and any random zombie that takes an interest. And they hunt, which will be good for supplementing our food supplies.

Q/Avalanche/TD: Bit of a tie here. Q is smart and good at planning, but if we take opposite views on a situation that affects the safety of the group things would rapidly break down. Avalanche is a total bro and could double as the group psychiatrist, but the tension of us two locked up together for months on end might cause some problems. TD knows his electronics which would be a godsend once the power goes out, but he lacks self-confidence which could prove disastrous if we end up in a dangerous situation.

I love this question Smash.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:20 am

....Wow, I just realized I typed "Parasprite" instead of "Parasite", TWICE.

Too much MLP I guess.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:56 pm

smashbro wrote:
Outlaw: I'm pretty sure he knows how to use a gun. I remember back when we had the discussion on gun control, he said that he had access to five guns, and they were lucky to ever get used.

I am honored, also the count of how many guns I have access to has increased significantly.

One day I was at my Grandpa's house waiting for him to get ready for breakfast. I thought to myself, "I will take a look at his gun in the gun cabinet." How foolish of me to think gun was singular. I knew he had 2 shotguns, but this was something I didn't know. He had like 4 handguns in that cabinet. 2 Smith and Wesson's, 1 Colt, and a 9mm. He of course also has another handgun in his truck, and a .22 rifle in the closset. So I would say the number of guns I have access to is around 11-13.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:46 pm

TheTJ wrote:but you know what? When it comes down to it, we can always leave our fortress if we have to, good luck finding a bunker or something while aimlessly drfiting.

Good luck finding food and water when you stay in one place while at the same time magically avoiding every zombie when you are staying there and someone goes out for food. (If there even is any food around you by that time, if not, people like me would have taken them, so thank you in advance. Razz) If you are seen by one of them then all of them will go after you.

And unless you can somehow kill them all. you either do not go back to the base thus putting the people in the base in more danger for lack of supplies, or you just brought a horde right to the front door putting everyone in more danger. (since I would be moving, I do not need to worry about them following me as I will lose them eventually) And if you do, you will need to relocate far away or you are not going to be able to get out, and if all of you are in the base while that very smart person just brought a huge horde back and do not get out in time. you will then start to starve and dehydrate because if you open the door. You will probably kill everyone inside. So while you are surrounded by zombies with no way out, I will have free range and can move very fast compared to you.

So again, good luck being surrounded by zombies with very little/no food and water. Razz

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:48 pm

I am about 4 feet away from about 14 to 17 guns.

Texas.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Raya wrote:Smashbro/Requiem: Both of them know how to handle a gun, which would give us an advantage against other survivors and any random zombie that takes an interest. And they hunt, which will be good for supplementing our food supplies.
I had a feeling that Requiem knew how to use a gun from the gun discussion, but I didn't know.

And shoulda guessed with Snake. Didn't know before hand though.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:10 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:I am about 4 feet away from about 14 to 17 guns.

Texas.

Indeed, this is true!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:22 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:
Texas.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:38 pm

Alright, I think this has gone on for long enough. Next question!

If you could be teleported into any game, which would it be and who will you side with?

You would also have to go by the laws of the world there. So with a turn based game you would take the role as one of the heros (Or villains) and so on.

EDIT: The game over applies as well, so there is no perma death.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:54 pm

Star Ocean: The Second Story

Taking the place of... Probably... Claude, the male main character, no point in getting rid of any of the others

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Pokemon. Because I want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Or one of you could train me to be the very best. :B (Unless you want to Nuzlocke)

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Shivering Isles.

Brilliant landscape, I love the madness. Obviously siding with Lord Sheogorath. I would prefer the Mania side of the Shivering Isles.

or

Bioshock, Rapture.

I like Rapture, the whole style of it. I would side with Andrew Ryan, because that bastard has brainwashed me.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Oh damn... That's a hard freaking question. My choices... Hmmm...
Legend of Zelda:
Pro: What part of running around the world fighting stuff with a master sword?
Con: It depends on if I'm just ported into the game, or if I take the place of the hero. Being anyone but Link is kinda lame.
Boktai:
Pro: You get a gun that burns things with solar power, and the ability to summon a machine to fry enemies to oblivion using the sun. Fuck. Yeah.
Con: Again, only the title character gets this ability. So, yeah. That kinda sucks, since i'd end up as someone with much less awesomeness.
Golden Sun:
Pro: The ability to use magic-like abilities, AND swords? Hell YEAH. This game doesn't have the cons of the previous two, since it relies on a party system- and since it's established that the main characters are not the only ones with their powers, then it's plausible that I'd be a member.

gonna go with GS here. XD If I replace the main character, well, then it's a tie between the three.

Also, I'm quite frankly honored that you guys would put me on your zombie teams. And Smash, I'm still on that rifle team until this school year ends.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 pm

Hmmm....

Well, first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was Shining Force III, but uh, that's not anything special.

I'd either have to say Phantasy Star Universe or Final Fantasy XI. Probably Universe because it's more futuristic.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Split 3 games actually. Digimon World 1, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Disgaea.

Digimon World 1: Because it is the way Digimon should be and it would be fucking awesome living in a world of Digimon. As for who I will side with. I would have to side with Hiro as I could not possibly bring myself to hurt Digimon.

Kid Icarus:Uprising: Fighting along side Pit. Anyone who knows me will understand why. Along with flying through the air, fighting HUGE monsters with pit side by side. That would be amazing.

Disgaea: Serving as Laharl's right hand man and fighting for the new over lord that will crush anyone that gets in his way! ^_^ That has epic all over it. And I think it would be awesome to be in a turn based game. Along with it just flat out be awesome to talk to the characters in Disgaea.

God damn, my own question has been by far the hardest to answer for me.

Digimon for my classic persona
Kid Icarus for my fanboy persona
Disgaea for my Viero persona

But if I had to pick one......I would have to go with Kid Icarus: Uprising. Mainly because my fan boy persona seems more prevalent than my classic and Viero personas.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 pm

Relmitos wrote:Hmmm....

I'd either have to say Phantasy Star Universe or Final Fantasy XI. Probably Universe because it's more futuristic.

I love the Phantasy Star Online/Universe world! I always play as a cast and if I would be in that world that would definitely be what I would be...somehow that sentence doesn't make sense...

I would be a Cast in Phantasy Star! Yup!

Suikoden would come second, but knowing my luck I'd end up a door greeter or something...

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Mario, I mean what part of throwing fire, rescuing princess and beating on a giant lizard doesn't sound fun?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:26 pm

Portal (2), because I would NEVER get tired of that!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:25 am

Yu-gi-oh. to play cardgames on my motorcycle

Probably going with Mass Effect. Faster then light traveling, diverse new cultures to meet and Asari.

Failing that, anywhere in the pokemon universe. I will become the very best.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:06 am

DoA: Extreme volleyball......

What?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:34 am

Avos Me Lardo wrote:I always play as a cast

I play as a Newman myself, Force is a broken class and I love it.

Ansem wrote:DoA: Extreme volleyball......

Why did I not think of this? I approve greatly.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:51 am

Viero wrote:
So again, good luck being surrounded by zombies with very little/no food and water. Razz

I'm sorry Vie you'll have to speak up, I can't hear you over this large cache of supplies I'm sitting on. What was that, you can't outrun the zombies because you're weighed down by supplies you need to take with you because you don't know where your next meal is coming from? And you're suffering from cholera and dysentery because you're forced to rely on untreated water sources?

Terrible shame, we've got enough food and water to last us for years in this nice secure building no zombies know we're in. We have toilet paper too Razz

Viero wrote:
If you could be teleported into any game, which would it be and who will you side with?

Pokemon, without a doubt. Start my journey in Kanto, train to be a master for a few years, take up studying and eventually become a Pokemon Professor. Smash can be my starter if he likes :3

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top