Meeting Peter Davison
Discovering Big Finish
Finishing that scarf!

Lowlights:
Getting turned down for dates
Getting fired from my OLD job
Scream of the Shalka (Eugh....)

Resolution:
Same as last, Lose weight and get a girl.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Q&A thread

Post  .. on Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:33 pm

Raya wrote:
What were the highlights and lowlights of your 2012?

Bonus question: What are your New Years resolutions?

2012 was pretty shitty for me.

Resolutions?

1. Workout
2. Money
3. ----

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Kind of the same as Outlaw on this one, nothing positive about 2012 stands out to me, but one thing does stand out to me as being absolutely horrid. You know, when my 17 year old cat got killed by dogs. Sad times.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:15 pm

I got a job, I transferred to a university, and I'm still dating a wonderful girl. I made the best cosplay I've made so far and spent con with great friends. Can't think of any lowlights, I had a great year. Sorry to hear that other folks here didn't Sad

Resolution is to stop procrastinating. I know it's a big one but it will improve my life a fuckton if I stop putting things off.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:20 pm

On the first day of 2012 Bowman released his album Ithaca and I fell in musical love. All I knew about him was that he was a Hoemstuck musician, and it seemed like he was the mastermind behind all my favorite Homestuck music.

On the last day of 2012, Bowman's chilling with me at my sisters apartment. It's a bit surreal.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Highlight was getting high with Surge :B and going to Japan.

Can't really think of a lowlight.

My resolution I guess will be to get an internship.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Uhhhh, highlight? Probably turning 21 and hanging out with good friends and having a nice time. Except for that one douchebag who played fun games super seriously. D:
Also, actually seeing a course all the way through to the end and getting a certification. Sure, it wasn't much of a course, but I did it. I hope in 2013 I can take on a longer course and not let my illness get in the way of me succeeding.
That put a bit of a damper on my 2012, tbh - fucking up my accounting course. Hopefully I can go back to it this year and succeed (or maybe even apply to university and go back!).
Seeing Radiohead was definitely a highlight. I went to the concert alone but it's okay, because I guess it was more special for it to be just me and the music. And seeing the Vengaboys was just plain fun!

There were a few lowlights, fucking up my course as I said, falling out of a couple of social groups and losing a lot of friends. I'm not very good at this people thing. Admittedly, the social groups was because I was too old for that shit (the Homestuck group mostly). I haven't really left the house except for work in a while. Work's also a mixed bag - it's really great to have money and have something to do, but I don't cope well with long/late hours, and crowds really scare me. Melbourne Cup and New Years Eve were hell for me, having to deal with massive crowds of people at work. I mentioned to a manager why I looked upset and she just glared at me and was like "well why are you working here". Thankfully, another manager understood that anxiety is just a thing I have to deal with, and working in a pub is actually good since I can't avoid people so I might as well learn to cope. But yeah, being able to afford stuff is really nice!

As for resolutions, my main one is to succeed at study. Not to fail a course, but to see it through and do it well. Then I won't have to work in a pub! Razz
I'm also aiming to be more sociable and outgoing. I actually made a headstart on that, I talked to a stranger on the ferry and we actually maintained a conversation the entire time it took me to get to work. Helped that he was an attractive guy! Razz Of course nothing came of it but it was enough for me that I just managed to talk to someone and (hopefully) didn't come across as a socially awkward weirdo.
And there's the get fit resolution but eh, I'm lazy. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:20 pm

Oh hell yeah! 2012 has been the best year of my life (not even saying that to say that, it really has been the best and most important year of my life so far). So here is my list of good and bad things that has happened!

GOOD THINGS, FUCK YEAH!

Going to Flashpoint, which is a fucking amazing school

Met so many friends there and they are all awesome people.

I got to hang out with my friend again this year in down south Illinois.

I was a total fucking boss and got all my finals done after a weeks worth of late nights and one all nigher while having to restart AND got a good grade on them.

Going to be joining into my first consistent D&D game when I go back to school

I moved into my apartment and even when I had a room mate I did not like. What happens? He moves out after about a month or two! Wonderful!

I went to Kollisioncon and found an awesome band, V is fr Villains. and got to hang out with BrandO at the end of the 2nd day.

I found out that Hajike Festival is indeed a thing and met a dozen awesome people there. Not only that but I also brought that small community back from the fucking dead by making the Skype chat for it.

I learned programming.

I have decided on my two life goals.

I both discovered this servant side of me and found a master.

I raised money for charity

I started to make my own game

From where I am now to where I was when the year started. I did not have that much confidence and was nervous about what others thought through irrational fear. That is no longer the case though. And because of that I have become better.

And finally above all, I went down to Texas to meet the best friends I have ever had. And beyond that I got the money for the tickets for Texas again for Christmas and birthday!

*Insert almost everything that happened down in Texas here*

I know there is more, I just can't remember them.

Things that sucked about this year

Spoiler: there is only two things that actually had an effect on me that lasted longer than 20 minutes.

The first thing was when Ryan decided to stop talking to everyone here awhile back.

The second is when I was down in Texas and the very second I sat down on the seat in the bus it hit me all at once and realized that the trip was over. I had to hold hold back tears and was actually very depressed about going home. That was the first time I have ever been depressed about going home. And that even lasted for about a good long week or two when I was at home.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Well, I am drunk now, so I guess this is still under 2012 jurisdiction.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Highlights:

I suppose that would be my time with chronicle, and the friends i've made in college.

2012 has been a pretty good year for me.

Probably one of my best thus far.

Lowlights:

The shit my mom gives me.

"If you ate in the morning you wouldn't be so fat"

"Bs in engineering aren't good enough. Maybe you should switch into an easier major."

"If you don't make it into college I'm going to have you go to a missionary in Modova and do proper work"

And other such moments. >.>

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:19 pm

Question: Now that you actually had your New Years, what did you actually do?

Mine was.....not as glorious as I actually thought it would be. Got a mild stomach bug so spent my day at home, LSU lost it's game, only saw a so-so fireworks display due to being at home, and.......I don't know how or why, but we're currently watching home videos from ages ago. Like.......I was somewhere between ages 5-10 years ago. It's making me face palm a lot.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:23 pm

Here's what you do. get your mom onto a chat with me in whatever form possible. So that I may derpal her. The derpaled people pose no threat to the likes of us. And you shall be saved from the non derpal like people of the slightly wet area of the mid South-North!

As for Relms question

I went FULL ON HAJIKE

And It was beautiful

You can see my work in the skype chat and Raya has the chance to see EVEN MORE Hajike! Such a wonderful night for me! HehehehehehehHAHAHAHAHA!

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 pm

I watched a Muppet Christmas Carol since I hadn't had a chance to do so before tonight.

I watch it at least once every year and I Baaaaarely got in with 10 minutes to spare.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:23 am

Look at Skype

That is what I did

Off to an amazing start already and god damn that entire thing was beautiful.

And I am damn proud of it.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:47 am

Yes Viero, you already said.

I worked and had a really awkward moment with my ex. I would've liked to watch You Can't Stop The Music. Maybe next year. Maybe I'll find it online somewhere and stream it, because fuck yeah Village People. The YMCA scene is the most homoerotic thing I've ever seen and I track the Team Fortress 2 tag on Tumblr.

Then I slept and I worked some more. Should be getting a couple of hundred dollars for today so I can't complain.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 am

I went to work, almost got let go early to go partying but I let my coworker leave instead of me because he was sick and looked like he was about to drop dead. I regretted closing because it was really stressful and there was a fuckton to do and I wasn't feeling terribly good either but I did it. I left 20 minutes before midnight and missed that party but at least I got to spend my newyears with mom <3

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:21 am

I broke my tradition of spending new years with my parents, which is like one of the few traditions I actually valued, to spend time with my girlfriend's friends that were occupying a deserted elementary school building and having a get together.
The amount of awkward silences were tremendous and there was one guy everyone laughed at because he kept randomly yelling, except me as he did it right in my ear.

But all in all, it was a pretty good evening and I'm glad I spend it with her and I'll just have to bite through the bitter after taste of not having spent it in the comfort of my home.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:06 am

I worked like I said I would. I made pizza and pub grub for most of the night, and when it was slow I showed up on skype. Got off at 2:30 in the AM, but like I've been going to bed before then anyway.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:06 am

Spent it with Minby and another friend. Lots of random shit and some Civ V. Scienced the fuck out of the entire game.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 am

^Can confirm this post.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:36 am

Locked myself and my girl in my room, did a pile of illegal shit and some legal stuff, watched some movies and had a pretty good time, if you catch my elephant. elephant

I'm still totally woozy, don't mind me.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:43 am

Did more drinking then I planned. Not much else though. I'm boring.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:52 pm

What were the highlights and lowlights of your 2012?

2012 was the worst year of my life. I had a very rough time of it and several times veered dangerously close to a breakdown. I am actually surprised how I managed to hold things together for so long. But it picked up considerably right at the end, so hopefully that will continue into the near year.

Highlights: Going to Vienna, meeting Sah and Fed, getting a much better job, Amecon.

Lowlights: My godawful job, still not getting a museum job, losing my Grandma, everything else.

- Keep up going to the gym and get trim. My ultimate goal is to be like that chick in James Bond and have thighs strong enough to crush a man to death with.
- Don't give up hope and still keep trying for a museum job.

Relmitos wrote:Question: Now that you actually had your New Years, what did you actually do?

Saw the New Year at home, watching the London fireworks on TV. New year's day itself I did very little. Slept in late, cleaned the house, did some painting and went out for a meal.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Raya wrote:
- Keep up going to the gym and get trim. My ultimate goal is to be like that chick in James Bond and have thighs strong enough to crush a man to death with.

Xenia, Mrs. President.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Raya wrote:What were the highlights and lowlights of your 2012?
2012 began kind of shitty. I didn't really know what I wanted to do with my life. But the second half has been much better. I've started studying social psychology and so far it's going quite well.

Some other highlights are:
-Going to London and meeting Raya again.
-The cons I've been to this year have all been quite good.
-I'll mention it again: Beginning my social psychology studies and having a new goal in life.
-Getting a lot of new friends among my classmates.

None.

Relmitos wrote:Question: Now that you actually had your New Years, what did you actually do?
I, Bambi and some friends went to a friend's house in the middle of nowhere for three days and played video-games, board games, discussed anime and entered the old, abandoned house nearby.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top