Zombie Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Zombie Thread

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 am

As I understand it, plate mail became relatively obsolete once chainmail was invented. Chainmail would be of my preference if I knew I would get into close contact and there wasn't getting around it. If leather couldn't be bitten through, then that's even better, but it all depends on the zombies. If you do have plate, you would be essentially invincible to conventional zombies I suppose, but might not have a chance to take off your helmet and eat or drink if you can't fend off the hoard fast enough for a breather.

Guns sound awful. Ammo is always going to be a problem in the apocalypse. The time it would take to raid residential areas for a few rounds would be simply astronomical. And of course, most versions of zombies are attracted to loud noises.

Bow and arrow (or better, crossbow) would be good for easy long range shots to reduce risk, and you can retrieve your arrows, but taking on more than two or three at a time and without effective distance is just asking for trouble.

I like the idea of a mace or flail of some sort, seems like the best choice. No better way to bludgeon and impale at the same time. If you're worried about becoming too tired to swing some semi-heavy object around for a few hours every day, you have more things to be worried about. There's no getting around the fact that if you're not physically fit, you won't survive for long without some luck or some crazy ingenuity.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 am

To be honest, aside from the upkeep and inability to take care of yourself while wearing it, platemail isn't actually that bad a defense against zombies; I don't think a simple virus could allow a human to rend metal easily. That said, if you only had a baseball bat for defense, you'd be easily bogged down and swarmed, no question. The issue is practicality.

I like the idea of a bow, even if it's not as effective as firearms, simply because nobody's going to be raiding gunshops for arrows; you'd have a harder time running out of ammunition. As a huge plus, it's near-silent, and thus won't attract attention.

td260 wrote:Plate Armor is bulky, hard to transport, heavy, loud and time-consuming to put on. Not to bring up the care required for it, so it won't rust and so you have a halfway decent range of movement while wearing it.

Hey, you're going to spend all your time getting charged off high buildings.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Fuck you and fuck your chargers too.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:42 pm

You guys are all overlooking the obviously best weapon for dealing with zombies.

I have to disagree about bows and arrows though. They'd be brilliant against other human survivors, but not so good against zombies. You have to hit the small target of their brain to destroy them, and unless you're skilled at archery that's really hard to do. Any idiot can point a gun and pull a trigger, it takes technique to let an arrow fly. Against humans you can cripple and kill by hitting other body parts, but that won't have an effect on the zombie. To retrieve your arrows you have to leave whether you are and go over to the corpse, running the risk of detecting and also infection from pulling something out of a dead body. Plus making your own arrows is pretty damn tricky. Archery also isn't much good if you're in a confined space like a building.

I'd say have a gun and a bow and use whatever's best for the situation.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:07 pm

best zombie time possession?

A boat.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Have fun dieing at sea less than a week after the apocalypse hits.

Unless you have a boat that's magically filled with lots of extra food, water, and gasoline. In which case, have fun dieing at sea less than a month after the apocalypse hits.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:59 pm

I still like my zombie apocalypse plan.

Eat some brains.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:49 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Have fun dieing at sea less than a week after the apocalypse hits.

Unless you have a boat that's magically filled with lots of extra food, water, and gasoline. In which case, have fun dieing at sea less than a month after the apocalypse hits.

i suggest he starts building now Razz

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:10 am

Well, i'm strong and fast, and have a solid team around me with various skills. Going to the nearest harbor, snatching up supplies on the way and staying on the move wouldn't be that hard. Plus, why the fuck would we go to open sea? That's just stupid. The plan right now is to move to an island (Holland has a few of those lying around somewhere north), clear it out, then maintain resources and security with a small focused group, with a boat.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:14 am

Also the supplies are now diamonds

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Wasn't there this crazy religious guy in the Netherlands who built his own Noah's ark and charged people for spaces on it during the Mayan apocalypse? There you go Ansem, steal that and have some rocking offshore parties.

Come to think of it the Dutchies near the coast are probably better off heading for boats, because with nobody left to maintain them those dykes and sea defences aren't going to last long. The coastal areas will be underwater pretty damn sharpish.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:49 am

It's been so quiet on the board, is everyone hiding from the Zombies?

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:42 pm

The board is dieing Avos. Let it die.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

You should know by now that this is normal for the forum. It has its on and off times.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Funnily enough I was thinking about zombies earlier.

Like 4 billion other people I've always liked the idea of writing a book, but never had the time or the drive to sit and write down the 15-odd ideas rattling around my head. The other day I had a bout of inspiration.

Most zombie fiction tends to follow the same lines...it's set somewhere in middle America, and in various ratios the characters are gruff male lead, a pretty woman, a guy who's an asshole, a useless kid and an old dude. They'll travel about, shoot a lot of guns and hole up somewhere like a mall. It's all largely the same guff.

So I was thinking about a story set in Britain during the zombie apocalypse. The whole setup would be greatly different due to how the land is: high population density, very few areas of wilderness, guns rare and even fewer people knowing how to use them. Which then got me thinking...Britain is an island. We don't have rabies and go to extreme lengths to make sure the disease doesn't make it to our shores. So, if the T-virus erupted, wouldn't Britain close its borders to keep the infection out? Like in WW2, would it turn into an island fortress, fighting to keep the invaders out by any means necessary?

I'm thinking there's a lot of potential here. On one hand there's the whole Blitz spirit, nationalism and us-and-them mentality that's common here, but there's also civil collapse, the rise of a police state and of course the freaking hordes of undead. And then what happens when a distress signal comes through from France after years of radio silence? Would people break the barricades to save them, or remained locked away for ever?

I dunno, thought there might be something to it. Thoughts?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Raya wrote:Funnily enough I was thinking about zombies earlier.

Like 4 billion other people I've always liked the idea of writing a book, but never had the time or the drive to sit and write down the 15-odd ideas rattling around my head. The other day I had a bout of inspiration.

Most zombie fiction tends to follow the same lines...it's set somewhere in middle America, and in various ratios the characters are gruff male lead, a pretty woman, a guy who's an asshole, a useless kid and an old dude. They'll travel about, shoot a lot of guns and hole up somewhere like a mall. It's all largely the same guff.

So I was thinking about a story set in Britain during the zombie apocalypse. The whole setup would be greatly different due to how the land is: high population density, very few areas of wilderness, guns rare and even fewer people knowing how to use them. Which then got me thinking...Britain is an island. We don't have rabies and go to extreme lengths to make sure the disease doesn't make it to our shores. So, if the T-virus erupted, wouldn't Britain close its borders to keep the infection out? Like in WW2, would it turn into an island fortress, fighting to keep the invaders out by any means necessary?

I'm thinking there's a lot of potential here. On one hand there's the whole Blitz spirit, nationalism and us-and-them mentality that's common here, but there's also civil collapse, the rise of a police state and of course the freaking hordes of undead. And then what happens when a distress signal comes through from France after years of radio silence? Would people break the barricades to save them, or remained locked away for ever?

I dunno, thought there might be something to it. Thoughts?
Zombies pouring out of the chunnel. Do it pls.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:59 pm

so you think britain would become madagascar in the pandemic games.

"SOMEONE SNEEZED IN SOUTH AMERICA! QUICK! CLOSE OUR BORDERS!"

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm

SurgePox wrote:Zombies pouring out of the chunnel. Do it pls.

My God, the amount of horror you could get out of the Channel Tunnel.

When the T-virus starts spreading countless refugees are going to be flooding through the Tunnel since the French authorities wouldn't do anything to stop it. Initially Britain would let them in since we have a long history of welcoming the dispossessed, but when more and more come through the country wouldn't be able to support them, things would get violent and the right wing parties would use that to their advantage. And then all it takes is one person to turn whilst in the Tunnel and all hell would break loose. Tens of thousands of people packed into a 30 mile long tunnel with no way out. It would be the worst stampede in human history. Thousands would be killed in the crush and the Tunnel would literally become clogged with bodies for miles and miles, the survivors trampling the dead and being trampled in turn, the crushed packed so tightly together they remain upright because there's nowhere for them to fall. And on the British side, when refugees are swarming out screaming about zombies, all it takes is for one panicked soldier to pull the trigger...It'd be horrific. To which the decision would have to be made to blow up the Tunnel to seal it off, which symbolically cuts off the Continent for good.

Yeah, there's some pretty good stuff there.

td260 wrote:so you think britain would become madagascar in the pandemic games.

"SOMEONE SNEEZED IN SOUTH AMERICA! QUICK! CLOSE OUR BORDERS!"

Pretty much Razz

One of my favourite genres is the whole rats-in-a-cage scenario, where a group of people are trapped in a location and eventually all order breaks down and they end up at each other's throats (I actually did a fic on this, which finished totalled at 180 pages. Was a lot of fun). This is it on a national scale. I love the idea of what would happen and the repercussions.

Plus, just imagine it. You're still in your home town, and aside from a few food shortages nothing much has changed. But the panicked radio signals from the rest of the world grow less and less. New York grows silent, then Chicago, then Berlin, then Paris, then Tokyo. And then finally the last broadcast ends in screaming...and then there's nothing but silence. As far as you know you're the past people left on Earth, and if you ever let the Barricades fall, your fate will be the same.

Freaking terrifying.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:02 pm

Also the RAF would be busy all the time. Would they go as far as shoot down every plane headed for Britain? What about your own freaking Navy abroad? Are they forever stuck on those floating tin cans? And if they really want to come back, could you actually stop them?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Also the RAF would be busy all the time. Would they go as far as shoot down every plane headed for Britain? What about your own freaking Navy abroad? Are they forever stuck on those floating tin cans? And if they really want to come back, could you actually stop them?

@RAF: I suppose eventually they would have to shoot down planes, since once the undead hordes start sweeping the Earth everyone is going to be desperate to reach the one place people think as a safe haven. It'd be like fighting off drowning people from trying to get on board a lifeboat; if they all got in the entire thing would capsize and everyone would drown.

@The Navy: They'd probably be carrying out humanitarian aid at whatever port they were stationed in, but they'd have to put to sea once the ports became overran with zombies. I wouldn't see any problem with them coming back, since by the time it takes them to sail all the way home you'd be sure if the infection was present onboard or not. Plus they'd be needed to defend the shores. It's not that hard to get across the Channel- hell people have paddled across it in bathtubs, and if you're fit and healthy enough you can swim it- so they'd need to stop any potentially infected boats getting through by any means necessary.

This thing writes itself, seriously.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Necro-posting, pun intended.

Just found out that this thing exists:

It's basically a RL zombie survival game. The players have to navigate a city and head to various different locations, the last being a bar for well-earned drinks. Along the way you get attacked and chased as volunteers dressed as zombies, and if caught you get marked. Once you reach a checkpoint your mark is checked- if you're infected you then get dressed up as a zombie and sent after your friends!

This sounds brilliant and I may have to arrange a group outing! I don't need to outrun the zombies, I just need to outrun my friends...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Outrunning your friends is as good as godmode in your case :-P

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Outrunning your friends is as good as godmode in your case :-P

For saying my friends include a smoker, an obese guy and someone deaf in one ear, I think I have a good chance of getting a head start Razz

Granted I will have to walk home alone from the event afterwards if I do...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Man goes crazy on plane, bites fellow passenger then dies

T-virus now confirmed in the British Isles. Was nice knowing you guys Sad

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:05 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top