Zombie Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Zombie Thread

Post  Omicron Austin on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:03 am

As I understand it, plate mail became relatively obsolete once chainmail was invented. Chainmail would be of my preference if I knew I would get into close contact and there wasn't getting around it. If leather couldn't be bitten through, then that's even better, but it all depends on the zombies. If you do have plate, you would be essentially invincible to conventional zombies I suppose, but might not have a chance to take off your helmet and eat or drink if you can't fend off the hoard fast enough for a breather.

Guns sound awful. Ammo is always going to be a problem in the apocalypse. The time it would take to raid residential areas for a few rounds would be simply astronomical. And of course, most versions of zombies are attracted to loud noises.

Bow and arrow (or better, crossbow) would be good for easy long range shots to reduce risk, and you can retrieve your arrows, but taking on more than two or three at a time and without effective distance is just asking for trouble.

I like the idea of a mace or flail of some sort, seems like the best choice. No better way to bludgeon and impale at the same time. If you're worried about becoming too tired to swing some semi-heavy object around for a few hours every day, you have more things to be worried about. There's no getting around the fact that if you're not physically fit, you won't survive for long without some luck or some crazy ingenuity.
Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:17 am

To be honest, aside from the upkeep and inability to take care of yourself while wearing it, platemail isn't actually that bad a defense against zombies; I don't think a simple virus could allow a human to rend metal easily. That said, if you only had a baseball bat for defense, you'd be easily bogged down and swarmed, no question. The issue is practicality.

I like the idea of a bow, even if it's not as effective as firearms, simply because nobody's going to be raiding gunshops for arrows; you'd have a harder time running out of ammunition. As a huge plus, it's near-silent, and thus won't attract attention.

td260 wrote:Plate Armor is bulky, hard to transport, heavy, loud and time-consuming to put on. Not to bring up the care required for it, so it won't rust and so you have a halfway decent range of movement while wearing it.

Hey, you're going to spend all your time getting charged off high buildings.
Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm

Fuck you and fuck your chargers too.
TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:42 pm

You guys are all overlooking the obviously best weapon for dealing with zombies.

It's basically a RL zombie survival game. The players have to navigate a city and head to various different locations, the last being a bar for well-earned drinks. Along the way you get attacked and chased as volunteers dressed as zombies, and if caught you get marked. Once you reach a checkpoint your mark is checked- if you're infected you then get dressed up as a zombie and sent after your friends!

This sounds brilliant and I may have to arrange a group outing! I don't need to outrun the zombies, I just need to outrun my friends...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.
Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Outrunning your friends is as good as godmode in your case :-P
Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:52 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Outrunning your friends is as good as godmode in your case :-P

For saying my friends include a smoker, an obese guy and someone deaf in one ear, I think I have a good chance of getting a head start Razz

Granted I will have to walk home alone from the event afterwards if I do...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Man goes crazy on plane, bites fellow passenger then dies

T-virus now confirmed in the British Isles. Was nice knowing you guys Sad

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4