And so the Kingdom finally came crumbling down

Vote: Snake

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 16: TWBB Sequel Conclusion: Winners Mafia

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:26 am

Uhhh... J? If you vote td the game will be over and we'll win.

If you vote Snake you'll just drag it out for another dayphase and we'll STILL win.

Actually, what are the rules on ties?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:56 am

Pit slowly wandered the area...he was at a loss...he didn't know what to do without the Captain...it didn't even feel right going over to Tindles Rupee Wonderland without him...

He slowly kept walking and even slower yet, started to get dizzy...dropping to his knees and finally falls face first to the pavement...

Raya mysteriously dies, she played Pit for the Town.

-----

Back at the town, the players sensed that things where over, Luigi was mockingly tied up and the noose around his neck...what a- went wrong? Was all that was going through his head. It always was the same, as Marth said back on day one, they should have looked for the ones laying low...

TheTJ pulls off his forumer cloak, revieling himself as Lucus, "Ssssso, Luigi! What ssssayith your lasssst wordsssss!?" a childish laughter fills the courtyard.

"It didn't a- have to be like this!"

"Oh but it issss!" and psycically pulls the stool out from under him.

Other than the two man mafia, two others stand in the crowd, one seems fully engulfed in his own world and seems like no threat to them, the other was paralysed but couldn't care less about finishing anything toward lynching.

td260 was lynched, he played Luigi, the one that was holding the kingdom together.

With no one to oppose them left, the Mafia controls the kingdom, but there wasn't any real hope anyways so things just trudge on without heros...well not until someone comes to rise up against them...but that is a game for another time!

Stay tuned for the end game review!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:48 am

Town

The town did have a good chance to win, but many players weren't active and probably due to being in the middle of the holidays no one could really focus. To top it off they where at a disadvantage that the only clues they could go on where in the middle of long story post, due to the nature of the theme.

Character: Luigi
Player: td260
Alignment: Town
Ability: Detective ~ Each night phase you can scan a player to find out their alignment. You may PM only players that you have scanned.
Extra: As long as one other hero character remains you are immune to all evil kills.

Backstory: After your call from Kirby you cannot rest and restart your search for answers.

My thoughts: He knew that his character had immunity, so he had justification to do a small roleclaim was fine as if he got targeted the story would have saved him by having one of the hero characters (Mario, Samus, C. Falcon, & Pit) where still alive. I feel like he used his ability more to be able to PM players rather than to actually find scummy players.

Character: Mario
Player: Requiem
Ability: Role-Block ~ You patrol the area to intimidate people that you find suspicious from doing anything at night. You may pick one target each night phase.

Backstory: With the loss of Peach and a broken arm you are taking it easy as you help rebuild the orphanage.

My thoughts: He said he didn't like his role as he knew he'd misfire and mess things up. Roleblocking is a end game ability that is supposed to stop mafia after some of them are reviled. His roleclaim came at a time that didn't show any signs of him being in a bad situation plus he didn't have the immunities of Luigi and Luigi needed him to be alive to help the town. So long story short, he was mod killed on day 2, and many people felt that my hiding the identity was a bad move as the game should not be reflected on the story...eh...my bad.

Character: Marth
Player: Minby_Aran
Ability: Protector ~ Each night you may protect a player from up to two kills that target them. You may not use this ability on yourself.

Backstory: Taking over the police force Marth has decided to take to protecting the town better then it was before.

My thoughts: Minby didn't do much and then only got a chance to protect a player that already had protections...I couldn't tell him though so he fit more into story than gameplay.

Character: Samus
Player: Quaetam
Ability: Vigilante ~ At night you may don your Power Armor Suit to make a kill for the town. It will then need one night after to recharge. Killing an innocent child will cause you to put up the suit for the rest of the game.

Backstory: You are focused on getting the orphanage up and running, but after Luigi heads off you can tell something is up.

My thoughts: He had the mafia pinned on the day that he died, and even said that he had a wall to post that didn't make it into the thread. On the day that Minby died he was tossing up between SnakeinaBox and him, so if the role for Requiem as Mario was reviled that night, he would have gone after Snake instead. Made for a good story though...and I was warned that players don't like mafia games based on story over gameplay. But come on it's based on TWBB so things are always a mystery and twisted, I didn't see any other way.

Character: Captain Falcon
Player: Fedaykin
Ability: Bus ~ Each night you may switch two players to have everything that targeted them to hit the other.

Backstory: You are focused on getting the orphanage up and running and keeping Pit safe. You use the Falcon to get supplies back and forth.

My thoughts: He was a good force for the town, he really set the town up toward winning day 1 with switching Raya and Spont. Every evil faction targeted Raya, which ended up killing Spont, and Spont's roll as Popo being gone crippled the Cult and the Mafia at the same time! I'll repost this character with the Cult section too for day 2 on.

Character: Pit
Player: Raya
Ability: Self Sacrifice ~ If the Captain is targeted by a kill ability you may choose to take the kill yourself instead.

Backstory: You are just happy to be helping the Captain with the orphanage.

My thoughts: Raya may not have been able to do much or contribute to often, but she was a great decoy for everything! Quite amazing that she made it to the last day with almost any time there was a time to try to kill someone they gunned for her, but between Weldar and Fedaykin they kept her alive until the last day!

Character: Pauline
Player: Omicron Austin
Ability: Lover ~ You are in a relationship with Diddy Kong played by Avalanche and can PM each other as many times as you like.

Backstory: After all the chaos you are able to calm Diddy down, and hey, he’s kinda cute like his uncle Donkey, so why not?

My thoughts: Kinda a shitty role as it was a role as an out for the Mafia to give them cover, but it didn't matter as I don't think Omicron had time to read everything or contribute, so he was mod killed the day that Avalanche was lynched. I used her for a lot of story points though!

Character: Waluigi
Player: JGH27
Ability: Unstable Jester ~ Double negative in which you must act and talk nonsense like a Jester, and also scan as a mafian. Special win if killed by any means. You may only PM one time a day with something off the wall.

Backstory: Without Wario to keep your condition in order you’re overcome with anything that comes to your mind.

My thoughts: He tried and was considered a target multiple times but always was in the end considered a non-threat. I hate to say that he really didn't win in any way and feel bad that I didn't get to post what I planned for him if he did die! But such is Mafia!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Mafia

The board was here: http://twmafterbb.forumotion.com/

It started out not looking good for the Mafia, they didn't start with any abilities and lost their chance to get a recruiter night 1. But the holidays kinda helped them as no one was focused that they where quite inactive though out most the game. Their board stayed inactive most the time and was filled with complaints so after Kirby died they received a couple of abilities to get them to shut up for a moment! No offense...

Character: Lucus
Player: Perry/TheTJ
Alignment: Mafia Don
Ability: Poison ~ If performing the night kill you leave no trace and the victim will die the following Day phase after inflicted. Being the Don you are unaffected by any players abilities and reflect them to a random non-mafia player.
Extra after Kirby died: Psi-Lockdown ~ Target player next dayphase will have their vote reduced to zero and any ability used will reflect back at the user.

Backstory: Being unchained from everyone and left alone you’ve had time to stew over everything you where taught. Time to put your viciousness to its test!

My thoughts: TheTJ had computer problems, and Perry was busy this holiday season so neither of them really could post, and well his Don ability he could only die from lynching, so being completely inactive pretty much handed the mafia the win...sucks the game ended up that way, but I've seen worse in other games...or is this the worst?

Character: Nana
Player: SnakeinaBox
Alignment: Mafia
Ability: Double Strike ~ You use both the hammers to rig the votes to count them as two vice the normal one. If using separate votes, PM me with your second choice.
Extra: You are unable to use PM's. If a player admitting to be Popo contacts you by PM you may then PM each other as many times as you wish after considering what to do.
Extra after Kirby died: Brain Freeze ~ Target player may only use 10 words or less per post and only post 10 post the following day phase.

Backstory: After being knocked down by Marth you wake up to see that Popo has run off. You have no clue where to start looking.

My thoughts: Another pretty inactive player and Quaetam saw it cause Snake is usually one that is quite active, but he could hide behind the holidays. He complained that there was no hope for the mafia day 1 and didn't really start playing until things where going in a direction that it was going good for the mafia...

Character: Diddy Kong
Player: King Avalanche
Alignment: Mafia
Ability: Lover ~ You are in a relationship with Pauline played by Omicron Austin and can PM each other as many times as you like.

Backstory: After the chaos Pauline is able to calm you down and you both start a relationship with each other. Only she doesn’t know you’ve gone off behind her to still help the mafians.

My thoughts: The only semi-active mafian, his role was to add mind fuckery to the game. It was all the mafia could rely on until day 4 when it was almost over. The day he died he was tied for votes with JGH, but I had to mod kill Omicron so this was another part I put in the liberty of story over gameplay. Otherwise he posted pretty scummy the entire game.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:28 pm

Cult

The cult was severely hampered after the first day. Both his support for sacrificial rituals and his recruiter was killed the by the first day. I had already set into planning for this and it worked out good, as Weldar was able to make a trophy out of Spont to choose a new recruiter. I swore he had it in the end and was well on for the overall win, but bad timing led him to end up in second place after the Mafia.

Character: Master Hand
Player: Weldar
Alignment: Cult Leader
Ability: Trophy ~ One trophy can be spent once per Day at times of your choosing. Using them destroys them. If you are killed you will act as though you are out of the game but may still use your trophies until they are all used up. Also once per game you may force all your followers to vote for a person of your choosing.

Trophies:
Pichu ~ Thunder Wave: Pick a target that will get paralyzed for one whole day to be unable to speak, vote, or use abilities.
Roy ~ Detective: Scan a target to reveal their alignment.
Mewtwo ~ Force: Choose a player and a second target to have whatever ability the first player has to target the second instead.
Dedede ~ Cash: Buy someone’s vote to be counted for the person you want it to instead.
Peach ~ Royal Decree: Choose to end the day or night phase early to tally all votes instantly or stop all non-submitted night actions.
Popo (Gained after night 1) New Recruiter: Choose a target innocent player to become the new recruiter for the Cult. Fails if Mafia member is targeted unless unlocked.

Extra ~ Each night as long as both you and the player that has R.O.B. for a character are still in the game you may sacrifice one of your cult members to create trophies out of them that I will let you know what they do.

Sacrificial Members
Snake (NPC ~ GORBLAX, just cause DRTJR mentioned him)
Sonic (NPC ~ Camella)

Backstory: These trophies where collected for a reason, for your use!

My thoughts: I used every trophy you see in the series as one time abilities. He was a power character and Weldar did very well with him despite being completely crippled day 1, but was able to come back from behind and stay until the end. He kinda ended up a force for the town as he couldn't really affect the mafia members and could only win if he had all the town under his control. The part of this role that was tough was that no one knew they where in the cult, and he couldn't interact with any of them. A challenge but Weldar was up for the challenge and come out very good with a second place finish!

Character: Popo
Player: Spontaneous Combustion
Alignment: Cult
Ability: Recruit ~ Each night you must pick a player to recruit, if they are innocent they will be recruited. Recruiting a Mafia member will get you killed.

Extra: The only PMing you can do is each night is to PM one player admitting that you are Popo looking for your Nana, if it is Nana you can collaborate on if both of you become cult or mafia members. If you switch to mafia, you are able to recruit for them instead.

Backstory: Getting hit in the head caused a temporary memory laps and you where found by the cult leader. He convinced you to recruit for him and you don’t even know who he is…or where your hammer went…

My thoughts: Well...he was bused by Fedaykin night one when all the evil players targeted Raya he got the short end of the stick. From what I can tell he really wouldn't have been able to do much this game anyways so maybe it worked out for the best.

Character: R.O.B.
Player: DRTJR

Backstory: You have a wonderful ‘glow’ to your eyes.

My thoughts: He didn't even know what reason he was even in the game or how him dying the first day saved the game from being 9 times shorter! Congrats to DRTJR for putting a roadblock to extra carnage!

Character: Captain Falcon
Player: Fedaykin
Alignment: Cult
Ability: Recruit ~ Each night you must pick a player to recruit, if they are innocent they will be recruited. Recruiting a Mafia member will get you killed.

Extra: If the player that forced your hand, the Cult Leader is killed, you regain your default abilities. Plus directly informing players that you are now cult or that the leader still lives will constitute severe penalties.

My thoughts: Weldar did do one thing right and picked Fedaykin as the new recruiter, this was another downfall of the town as Fedaykin could no longer use his switching players ability. But he took it in stride and really made good of it, bringing in most of the town members, almost to the point where the cult was one person away from winning.

Kirby!

Character: Kirby
Player: Ansem
Alignment: Cannibal
Ability: Absorb SK ~ Each night phase you alternate from using an ability to SK. First night you choose whether to use an ability or SK, then the following night you do the other and continue on throughout the game alternating each night. Each player you SK will add their character as a new ability. Your goal is to be the last one standing. At the start of the game for Day Phase 1, you have the Daisy ability active.

Absorbed Abilities:
Daisy: Lynch Avoid ~ The following Day phase you are immune to lynching.
Metaknight: Watcher ~ Pick a player to learn every back action or ability they used throughout the following day.
Ganondorf: Shadow Sneak ~ Cast a shadow around self to be immune to being targeted by abilities for one day.
Ness: Reflect ~ Force a player to use all their abilities or night kill on themselves instead of their original target.
Miyamoto: Game Design ~ When you use this ability I will send you all the information on what happened during the night, then you create the write-up on what happened in flavor text, sending it back to me to post.
Popo: (Absorbed Night 1) ~ Brain Freeze ~ Target player may only use 10 words or less per post and only post 10 post the following day phase. Having both Popo and Nana will effect all players when used.

Backstory: Kirby is still as evil as ever, he just keeps getting more powerful with every victim.

My thoughts: Ansem probably had fun when he saw his role! He got to kill and have some wicked abilities! He played the character well, and probably would have done better if Weldar wasn't trying to help the town. This was a power role and he really wanted to kill Raya along with everyone else! Oh well, better luck next time!

I'll be back in a bit to do the day by day phase rundown to show how everything really played out! Stay tuned!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Why did the mafia gain extra powers after Kirby's death? And btw...it is LucAs Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:11 pm

Day Phase 1
Weldar (Master Hand) uses a Roy trophy to scan Quaetam (Samus). Quaetam (Samus) scans as an innocent and Weldar (Master Hand) informs his recruiter Spont (Popo) of this information.
DRTJR (R.O.B.) was lynched

My thoughts: This really set up the game to hamper the Cult Leader (Master Hand). Otherwise same old story of people didn't know who to lynch but it really worked out for the better!

Night Phase 1
Spont (Popo) recruits Quaetam (Samus)
Ansem (Kirby) SK toward Raya (Pit)
td260 (Luigi) scans Raya (Pit)
Fedaykin (Capt. Falcon) Bus Raya (Pit) and Spont (Popo)
Mafia sends Bananas (Lucus) to poison Raya (Pit)
Weldar (Master Hand) Makes a trophy out of his dead recruiter Spont (Popo)

My thoughts: This is where the shitstorm really hit! With Spont (Popo) dying both the Cult and Mafia got limited quick! Everyone targeted Raya (Pit), so when the switch happened, that is why Ansem (Kirby) ate Spont (Popo), and the mafia just stood there like..."fuck!" and ran cause it was a wasted night! Kudo's to Fedaykin (Capt. Falcon) as this was a fun night!

Day Phase 2
Weldar (Master Hand) used the Popo trophy successfully on Fedaykin (Capt. Falcon)
Requiem (Mario) was lynched

My thoughts: Boy another shitstorm! I used some liberties to stay true to TWBB fashion trying to add suspense that Requiem (Mario) might have been mafia, cause who knows what twist could happen...well I bit it in the end with a severe apology, as this wasn't what players where expecting and got bitched out quite a handful...

Night Phase 2
td260 (Luigi) scans Quaetam (Samus)
Minby (Marth) protects td260 (Luigi)
Ansem (Kirby) activates Daisy ability
Fedaykin (C. Falcon) recruits Raya (Pit)
Quaetam (Samus) Vig kills Minby (Marth)
Mafia sends TheTJ (Lucus) to poison Quaetam (Samus)

My thoughts: As I mentioned earlier, Quaetam (Samus) was looking at Snake (Nana), but as I left Requiem's (Mario) role a mystery, it really screwed over the town and I think this is the point where everyone either lost interest or gave up.

Day Phase 3
Quaetam (Samus) dies mid-day from poison.
Omicron Austin (Pauline) is mod killed
Avalanche (Diddy Kong) is lynched

My thoughts: Sure there was a tie in votes because of Snake's (Nana) ability to count as 2 votes, but since I was focusing more on story than gameplay I kept with it and if someone shoots another in the middle of everyone are you going to go ahead with hanging someone that is standing there not putting up any resistance?

Night Phase 3
Fedaykin (C. Falcon) recruits td260 (Luigi)
Weldar (Master Hand) uses Peach trophy to end the night phase.

My thoughts: This was the point that I really believed that Weldar (Master Hand) was going to be the winner of the game, he single-handedly got to where only one innocent was not in his control, and stopped both Ansem (Kirby) and the mafia from making a kill that night!

Day Phase 4
Ansem (Kirby) was lynched

My thoughts: Quite an exciting day as the main evil in the game was brought to justice!

Night Phase 4
td260 (Luigi) offered new ability at Ansem's (Kirby) demise, player chose to keep old profile
td260 (Luigi) scans Weldar (Master Hand)
Fedaykin (C. Falcon) tries to recruit TheTJ (Lucus) and fails
Snake (Nana) given new ability at Ansem's (Kirby) demise
Snake (Nana) uses Brain Freeze on Weldar (Master Hand)
Weldar (Master Hand) uses Mewtwo trophy to change Snake's (Nana) ability to target JGH27 (Waluigi)
TheTJ (Lucus) given new ability at Ansem's (Kirby) demise
Mafia sends TheTJ (Lucus) to poison Raya (Pit)
TheTJ (Lucus) uses Psi-Lockdown on Weldar (Master Hand)

My thoughts: It looks confusing but people really had to put the strategy down to win at this point! It was a coin toss for either the cult or the mafia!

Day Phase 5
Weldar (Master Hand) uses Pichu trophy on Snake (Nana)
Pichu trophy is reflected back to hit Weldar (Master Hand)
Raya (Pit) dies mid-day of poison
td260 (Luigi) was lynched

My thoughts: At this point the mafia had it in the bag, but Weldar (Master Hand) had a chance if he would have used his ability to force all his members to vote TheTJ (Lucus) before trying to use the Pichu trophy. And that as they say is how the story ends!

Thank you everyone for letting me host! I enjoyed doing so even at everyone's frustrated expense!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Why did the mafia gain extra powers after Kirby's death? And btw...it is LucAs Razz

I had it that anyone that was affected by Kirby got some solace from seeing Kirby dead. So Luigi, Lucas, and Nana each had a close person die to Kirby so they regain their abilities when he died.

td260 was given the choice of having this:

Character: Luigi
Ability: Daisy Chain ~ Scan a target, if it comes back as anything but innocent you will put that player to sleep, unable to post or vote the next day phase.

Backstory: After your call from Kirby you cannot rest and restart your search for answers.

Basically if you pick the old profile the game goes on as it was, but picking the new profile you will lose you PM restriction and your protection from the heros.

Didn't matter much as he chose to keep the protection and the sleep would have only hit Weldar who was already locked down as is.

Damn! Did I really spell his name wrong the entire game!? Why didn't someone say so earlier?

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:07 pm

I think the level of extra powers you gave was a little overboard, especially for a game of this size. Really I'd disagree with Snake's sentiment, the mafia was perfectly serviceable at the beginning. Av was a little too underpowered but a reflector/poisoner and a doublevoter and both pretty nice mafia powers on their own.

Also the numbers against the town here were pretty steep with only 8 real townies. True my "cult" was very much town sided unless I sacrificed Mario (and really I was never planning to sacrifice anyone so DRTJR's death made no difference to me) but still it was pretty damn harsh on them.

Also I have to say while I liked my role in concept I feel the execution was quite poor. The "cult" that doesn't truly convert (or a Marker as I'd refer to this kind of a role) is a great way to include a cult in a small game like this without having them be overwhelming. I'd say the biggest thing is there simply should have been no recruiter, I myself should have been the one doing the recruiting. The way the role was designed I was basically supposed to be wandering around completely blind with no idea how to use my trophies. I just had to pray my recruiter was being smart while my recruiter didn't even know the win condition and thus couldn't strategise for it properly. Usually markers operate with a have 50% of the players marked at endgame, getting everyone is a very tough goal, the trophies gave me the power to pull it off but the recruiter being separated from me still made it pretty much impossible. I actually contacted Fed immediately (you told me he wasn't told who I was for my own safety, not that I was forbidden from contacting him) because I figured I would need to work with my recruiter to have any chance at victory and Fed was the kind of guy I could trust not to backstab me until all hope for my win was lost anyway. Also since I could trophy from beyond the grave he knew I could take petty revenge as a ghost, while I'd actually try to help the innocents with them if he worked with me and I died anyway.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:39 pm

I disagree with somethign that was said in the past few hours by someone.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:02 am

Why did I get so many "results inconclusive" scans?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:17 am

Basically a person for the town = Innocent
A mafia member = Pure Scum
Any of the 3rd Party members = Inconclusive

Raya was switched with Spont, so you actually scanned Spont, who was a 3rd Party, hence the 'inconclusive'.
Weldar was scanned on the last night, giving you inconclusive also cause he was 3rd Party as the Cult Leader.

StuckInABox wrote:I disagree with somethign that was said in the past few hours by someone.

While I'm at it, everything I put after the 'My thoughts' where strictly that, opinions I had from my point of view. If you want to defend/counter anything that you saw or felt from your point of view feel free to do so!

Weldar wrote:I think the level of extra powers you gave was a little overboard, especially for a game of this size. Really I'd disagree with Snake's sentiment, the mafia was perfectly serviceable at the beginning. Av was a little too underpowered but a reflector/poisoner and a doublevoter and both pretty nice mafia powers on their own.

Also the numbers against the town here were pretty steep with only 8 real townies. True my "cult" was very much town sided unless I sacrificed Mario (and really I was never planning to sacrifice anyone so DRTJR's death made no difference to me) but still it was pretty damn harsh on them.

Also I have to say while I liked my role in concept I feel the execution was quite poor. The "cult" that doesn't truly convert (or a Marker as I'd refer to this kind of a role) is a great way to include a cult in a small game like this without having them be overwhelming. I'd say the biggest thing is there simply should have been no recruiter, I myself should have been the one doing the recruiting. The way the role was designed I was basically supposed to be wandering around completely blind with no idea how to use my trophies. I just had to pray my recruiter was being smart while my recruiter didn't even know the win condition and thus couldn't strategise for it properly. Usually markers operate with a have 50% of the players marked at endgame, getting everyone is a very tough goal, the trophies gave me the power to pull it off but the recruiter being separated from me still made it pretty much impossible. I actually contacted Fed immediately (you told me he wasn't told who I was for my own safety, not that I was forbidden from contacting him) because I figured I would need to work with my recruiter to have any chance at victory and Fed was the kind of guy I could trust not to backstab me until all hope for my win was lost anyway. Also since I could trophy from beyond the grave he knew I could take petty revenge as a ghost, while I'd actually try to help the innocents with them if he worked with me and I died anyway.

Completely true 100%, I did say that it was a safety and what I recommend, but it was fully free for you to do as you pleased. I personally think you and Fedaykin where the real stars of the game and made a great team!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:02 am

Avos Me Lardo wrote:
Every evil faction targeted Raya

I lol-ed.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Avos Me Lardo wrote:
Every evil faction targeted Raya

Bastards >=/

I thought the game was a bit mixed. On the plus side you were a very active GM Avos, which was good. You kept to deadlines, made sure things kept going and answered PMs very quickly. Although your lack of experienced showed you had lots of enthusiasm, which is promising for the future.

On the down side I think balance was an issue. Some roles had a massive difference in power or changed part way through. Those extra added powers for instance. Also your writeups were rather difficult to read. Normally I scour them for clues, but I had such a hard time following what was going on at times I gave up.

A bit hit and miss, but a good to get started back up again.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:17 pm

I kind of agree with the overpowered stuff, but if you look back at my game I was against having many powers to begin with.

I also think it'd be a good idea to make smaller scale games. Q's last game was... big is an understatement. If we try to match it Mafia games will become more and more like RPs and they'll fall by the wayside.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Wait a bit there, do you mean game 10 or actually Weldar's game? You know, the host change was just flavour.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:36 pm

...Weldar's. The one that ended up spanning the entire forum in the finale.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:13 pm

I agree about Raya's compliments, you were better with deadlines than I, without a doubt Razz. My only qualm with the hosting here was what you already know, the stuff involving Requiem, as I was ready to kill Snake if Req had flipped townie (since Av, my other suspect, was already under fire, and Ansem, my third suspect, I wanted to wait a little on.) That one choice to put the story before the gameplay was a massive contributor to the town's loss this game. But I'm over it.

As for game 15, the finale itself didn't take that long to write (about three days). I was caught up in RL stuff that forced the month delay, and I don't intend to try to excuse myself for that. As I've said before, and as I'll say again, my bad. I certainly feel bad for potentially killing mafia, but that doesn't mean we can't give it a good revive at this point. Start off with small games like this one, though if we can manage more players that's always welcome.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:23 pm

I don't have any real input because I FUCKING DIED IN THE FIRST GOD DAMNED PHASE!!!!!!!

And even if I did live What would I have done?! I Still have yet to get the SK role that I want

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Maybe the first thing do do is prove you even deserve it.

Regardless, it was a fun game. Troubles withstanding, it has given me enough of a push to be excited for Rayas game.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top