TWBB Mafia 16: TWBB Sequel Conclusion: Winners Mafia

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 16: TWBB Sequel Conclusion: Winners Mafia

Post  JGH27 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:47 am

TD is right, he is Mafian. How couldn't he be? Quite obviously if I do say so myself. Yes, I do say so. Now Weldar, he's a crafty bugger who loves dinosaurs and by that I mean he delves into the past looking for clues that don't exist. Tho like he always says "Who says dino's didn't talk?".

Vote the one they call TD260

Some people on here aren't even old enough to legally vote, maybe we should prevent them from voting? Razz

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:43 pm

I'm agreeing that a lynch on Day 1 is a good thing. Lynching is pretty much the town's only weapon against the mafia- there's perhaps a vigilante or other killing roles, but you can't rely on the actions of single people. Not lynching someone essentially gives the mafia an extra day. And depending on who's on the mafia that can be deadly. Even if it is mainly chance it can flush out reactions from people. So, with that in mind:

FoS: td260
Vote: Fedaykin

RNG vote? As bad as flipping coins, plus it sounds like an excuse to make me a target.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm going to again reiterate what I've stated countless times: Treat the day one lynch like any other day. Go for someone if there's sufficient evidence to condemn them.

Do not default towards no-lynching out of fear that it's the first day. The idea that there are never clues day 1 is an illusion. And even in scenarios where such clues don't yet exist it's entirely possible to create them. I throw down votes when people look suspicious, which you should realize can require far less than a suspicious voting record. At that point it's worth pressuring them, it's worth attempting to determine what side they're on, and, potentially, lynching them if there are no better leads. I'm glad people have begun to move past the state of insisting they have no leads Day 1; for that's a classic fallacy that has caused us a lot of difficulty in the past.

For now, I will concur with Raya that Fedaykin's use of an RNG falls into pattern with a rather typical mafian approach day one of flippantly voting for strong players under the guise of randomness. Just an observation, not an outright suspicion here. He tends to be a bit more devious than that as mafian, so no fos yet.

And don't ignore JGH's blatant crazytalk. Yes, he could have a role that requires him to do exactly that, but at the same time other possibilities are present. A mafian going crazybomb on day 1 is highly unusual, but possible--however, due to the aforementioned peculiarity of that happening I doubt this is the case. Also possible is a lyncher on td260, given the nature of his post. I'll watch him, certainly, but again no condemnation.

I will say that his comments about Weldar draw my eye slightly, for while they could be arbitrary crazy babble, the fact that he chose those specific comments does indicate a slight possibility that they were made with an agenda in mind: Whether they are designed to draw us towards Weldar or arise out of J knowing something about Weldar's role is yet uncertain. Talking about dinosaurs, clues from the past? I'm inclined to still say it's crazy babble at this point, but it draws my eye nonetheless.

Fedaykin wrote:
td260 wrote:Might as well make it a mexican standoff.

...lol

with Weldar, it is ALWAYS a Mexican Standoff Razz

HA!

Vote Tally:
td260 (2): Weldar, JGH27
Quaetam (1): Requiem
Raya (1): Fedaykin
Requiem (1): Ansem
Weldar (1): td260
Fedaykin (1): Raya

Gorblax (1): DRTJR
Yet to vote: Snake, Quaetam, Minby, Omicron, TheTJ, Spontaneous Combustion, Avalanche

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Well if we are voting Random people, then of course my vote goes on Vote: DRTJR

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:05 pm

And, to further work my boredom, I Unvote: Q and Vote: TD I mean, why not, he's a good enough target as anybody up to this point. I WILL GET YOU LATER Q!!! Until then, I suggest we condemn TD to Death because his behavior is totally worthy of death. Also, typing death in bold has nothing to do with my role, it's just fun to do

Death
Death
Death
Death
Death
Death
Death

I may need to cut back on the sugar...

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Admin note: TheTJ was dropped and Bananas added to roster. Any votes should be arranged accordingly.

12 hrs to go, crunch time for votes!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:13 pm

Iiiiii'm gonna go and vote:
vote: DRTJR because im a sucker for tradition :B

No really, nothing to go on yet and yadda yadda. Might aswell be him as anyone else.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Gonna vote:Perry on this one, because I don't like newcomers in these here parts.

That, and nothing to really go on, so, yeah.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:08 pm

6 hrs remain.

My tally is as follows:

td260 (3) ~ Weldar, JGH27, Requiem
DTRJR (2) ~ Snake, Bananas
Raya (1) ~ Fedaykin
Requiem (1) ~ Ansem
Gorblax (1) ~ DRTJR
Weldar (1) ~ td260
Fedaykin (1) ~ Raya
Bananas (1) ~ Minby

Spoiler:
Special Note: Even though we know him as Perry, his registered name at the start of this game was Let's say bananas, so any votes or references toward this player should be as it is or short as bananas. Was tired last night so apologies if this message seemed cryptic.

Last edited by Avos Me Lardo on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:19 pm

unvote: Weldar
Vote: DRTJR

Because I have your best interests at heart here.

I know a lot of you think of me as a second rate player. Fine, I'm player two here. But I'm still on your side.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Uh, this bandwagon. You guys know I don't have any evidence against DRTJR, right?

Let it be known I was not trying to powerhouse against him.

Unless he comes up Mafia. In which case all of this was intentional.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:06 am

As the evening sun started to settle into the dusk lit sky, seventeen people gather at the orphanage by police decree.

A forumer steps up in front of the crowd and pulls back his hood to show Marth. "It is by my decree to have gathered you here this evening. There have been reports of further mafia action around the Mushroom Kingdom and it is under the towns best interest to stamp them out before they are able to create too much chaos!"

"I thought all the Dons were killed on the Day the Tower Burned Green?" A forumer shouts out.

"It is our understanding that evil still lurks!"

"Isn't evil always going to lurk!?"

"Agreed, but we have evidence to believe that there is a great evil and to be on the safe side we will conduct a lynching of forumers each night to ensure that we have neutralized the greatest extent of it." Marth concludes.

Raising his hand, "Why are we wearing these stupid forumer hoods anyways?!"

"These hoods are given to all to give everyone an equal chance to defend themselves. Also these, forumers, have special insight on seeing patterns in Mafia with the way they talk and if they hide themselves too much." Marth waves his hand toward the crowd to silence them, "Enough questions knaves! Back to the task at hand!"

Pulling out a scroll, "I Marth by police decree have gathered information on someone of suspect. It is our duty to stop all evil and restore order to the town. Now then, bring DRTJR up to me!"

The two guards grab DTRJR and without much struggle he gets pulled to the front. "DRTJR, with evidence posted against you, you are sentenced to death! What sayith your last words?" As the guards finish stringing the noose around his neck.

"I knew I would be the first to die!" With that the stool gets kicked out from under his feet! "I'm...nOt......A VaCuuM!!!" mutters out of his mouth as he twitches his last moments. As his hood shakes off, a robotic head emerges from under it.

The crowd stares in silence...

Marth steps back further, "As night presses on we must all be weary, this day provided us with no new clues other then...some stupid toy was toying with us."

"Wait," someone shouts from the crowd and pushes their way to the front. "Now that a- everyone is a- gathered, I have an announcement!" Pulling his hood back to show himself to be Luigi. "I have a- very bad news." He pauses to gather himself. "The Cannibal, he a- lives!"

The crowd starts an uproar in shock! "No", "You killed him!" "How'd he escape that huge green flame!?" are among the things exclaimed from the group.

Luigi gets them to calm down, "He personally called eh- me. As for how he escaped, I believe that when he killed the Shadow Don, he a- absorbed his abilities, so he is even more dangerous than ever."

Everyone is silent as they take it all in..."Please everyone be extremely a- careful as night befalls us" Luigi finishes.

And with that Marth and Luigi put their hoods back on and everyone goes off into the night.

DRTJR was lynched, He was R.O.B. a common Townie.

Night Phase 1 Starts, submit your night actions in the next 36 hrs, I will post a warning at 30 that 6 hrs remain.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:50 am

I FUCKING CALLED IT I ALWAYS DIE FIRST!

Well Domo arigato mr. Roboto

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:47 am

All night actions are not accepted from here on out. Please be patient for the 12 hr interaction time.

Here starts a 12 hr, semi-roleplay time that if you are someone with a major night action keep an eye on your PMs to have your character interact with the others. The more and quicker the replies the more influence you have on how the night story progresses and there may be bonuses for those that do well with it. Otherwise if you aren't a major player in the night phase or if you just don't feel like participating, no worries everything will be fine I will have your character act out to the best and safest situation possible!

Shoot me a PM now if you absolutely do not want to participate in these events and I will refrain from trying to interact with you.

Thanks and lets make it a night to remember!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:19 am

The group stumbles off into the night, some just meander, some go back into the orphanage, but one runs off as if there is a great matter to attend to. This runner must feel that they would be a big target at these times, and just trying to keep their distance.

And the runner was right, as there was someone hot on their trail! As the runner slows a bit in an alley to catch its breath a mittened hand covers its mouth which causes the runner to instantly loose conciousness...

The mittened player jumps up and down to celebrate it's victory but this would be short lived, as something slams into its back and knocks him to the ground in which everything instantly goes black as they fall face first into the pavement.

-----

Not but a few seconds after all this commotion in the alley a small group emerges from behind a dumpster, they had something in mind toward the mittened player also. The first of the group slowly steps forward kinda sensing that something wasn't right with the situation, and the rest of the group timidly tiptoe just a few paces behind the first. They all stop just a few feet from their target to find...

The player had been knocked to the ground and was drenched in blood splattered all over the alleyway.

"Fuck" one of the group members accedently slips, this causes them all to loose their nerve and scatter into the night.

-----

Just as the dawn's sunlight catches the passed out runners face it slowly comes to...its head ringing like being hit by a mach truck. Getting up and taking a step back to bump into something...or someone...

Turning around the runner is completely taken in by what it sees, there stands a player stitched up with a frozen look on its face!

Going into a complete panic the runner starts to run back to the orphanage. When it arrives the group was just finishing their count for the morning, they all turn to see what all the noise of the runner yelling and franticly hurrying their way. Everyone gets out of the way of the runner whos cloak was drenched in boold and traces of human remains all over it.

"Marth there was a murder last night! They where after me but only killed someone else instead!" The runner exclaimes while catching their breath.

Marth approches the runner, "Your doing I suppose!"

"Are you fucking stupid! Why the hell would I drench myself in blood and just run strait at all of you! You ass I'm a fucking victim also!"

He thinks for a moment, "You have a point, very well, I will go and assess the situation," He starts to follow the trail of bloody footprints, "No one leave!"

"A- wait, I will go with you!"

Marth stops Luigi, and thinks for a moment, "...Very well, but stay back and only observe, I will do all the analysis."

The two go to check the scene.

An hour or so pass and the two return, "Just as I a- thought, it was a- Kirby!! The sick fuck stuffed the man into a trophy!"

After the crowd stops their conserned mumbling, Marth gives his report, "The man was identified as Spontaneous Combustion, and when the hood was removed it was non other than Popo all stiched up into a trophy. He was carrying a hankerchif that used to belong to the late Captain Olimer, how he came to have this is uncertain but could only signify that Popo was trying to continue some kind of cultish activity. Let us hope that was the end of that."

Spontaneous Combustion was turned into a trophy, he was Popo of a cult faction.

Day Phase 2 Start, 48 hrs til nightfall, sometime during my Wednesday morning.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:43 pm

So we've lost an Ice Climber. Considering that there are two Ice Climbers, and this one was in a Cult, I'm certain the other is a Cultist too. I also find it hard to believe that just the two Ice Climbers would be the only ones in the Cult, so I'm guessing that there may be a third. I am intrigued though. There was only one kill. Perhaps I just don't remember, but don't Cults also have nightkills? Or are they just Recruiter factions? I don't know that much about them I'm afraid.

Regardless, we didn't lose anybody for the town, so that's good. For now, I'm going to just sit back and wait for responses. I've nothing to work with if nobody responds

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Hmmm...in my opinion, 2 cult is not that bad to start with, depending on how often they can actually recruit. We don't know, if they have a destined recruiter, or if anybody in the cult can do it. And no, usually, they don't have any nightkills.

Apparently, there is just the Mafia around with a killing power. A SK would have acted, maybe there is a vig, waiting for a good shot? On the other hand, there are so few people in here, a second nightkill would cut this game even shorter.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:16 pm

Ninja'd

Hmm, judging by the night writeup we can deduce a few things:

- There's a cult abounding
It says the 'late' Olimar, so perhaps Olimar isn't the cult leader, which would seem the obvious choice. So, was Spont the cult leader and the cult is gone, or was someone recruited in the night?

- Kirby's on the loose, no duh.

- Two potential killing powers
The writeup's a bit difficult, but from what I assume Spont (the mittened character) targeted the runner but was prevented from carrying out his action. I'm guessing that was recruiting, but the runner's lines suggest getting killed. Perhaps the cult can kill as well as recruit if that line actually means something?

Now this is where I get confused. The group have something in mind towards Spont but find him dead. So the group, possibly mafia, have targeted Spont but someone has beaten them to it. So there's perhaps two killing powers? And both went after Spont? So Spont's kill/recruit was cancelled by getting killed?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Remember Raya this game is set after TWBB proper, Olimar was slain by the Game and Watchtopus. I'm kinda surprised R.O.B didn't show up cult, makes more sense than the Ice Climbers if you ask me. Spont could have just been a convert but I really can't think of who would fit as the leader. Seriously though, a cult in a game this size? This is gonna be brutal.

I read the nightplot as more like someone else was targeting the mystery runner but ended up killing Spont instead.

"Marth there was a murder last night! They where after me but only killed someone else instead!" The runner exclaimes while catching their breath.

Maybe Spont was acting on the runner and he had some sort of power that deflected the kill onto the person acting on him, maybe it was all just fanciful flavour for a drive or something, whatever the case it doesn't sound like Spont was the intended target for the kill. Which works out nicely for us really. A second group targeted Spont for something but I'm not certain it was a kill. A serial killer and a mafia in a game this size with a cult too is just way too ridiculous, would mean the mafia has to be tiny. Also Spont isn't really the kind of player who finds himself as a huge day 1 target and this is the first game he's played in a while, I like to think other players have the decency to give newbies or people who are back after a break a chance to play and not kill them night 1.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:54 pm

Like a bolt from the blue, it's time for the nightphase review.

"The group stumbles off into the night, some just meander, some go back into the orphanage, but one runs off as if there is a great matter to attend to. This runner must feel that they would be a big target at these times, and just trying to keep their distance.

And the runner was right, as there was someone hot on their trail! As the runner slows a bit in an alley to catch its breath a mittened hand covers its mouth which causes the runner to instantly loose conciousness...

The mittened player jumps up and down to celebrate it's victory but this would be short lived, as something slams into its back and knocks him to the ground in which everything instantly goes black as they fall face first into the pavement."

Now, I don't think this was intended to be a kill. I think it was an attempt to KO the guy, drag him back and convert him by any means possible.

"Not but a few seconds after all this commotion in the alley a small group emerges from behind a dumpster, they had something in mind toward the mittened player also. The first of the group slowly steps forward kinda sensing that something wasn't right with the situation, and the rest of the group timidly tiptoe just a few paces behind the first. They all stop just a few feet from their target to find...

The player had been knocked to the ground and was drenched in blood splattered all over the alleyway.

"Fuck" one of the group members accedently slips, this causes them all to loose their nerve and scatter into the night."

Alright, this one is where it gets weird. This is a group, which HAS to be a mafia. And whomever killed the person must've been a singular person. Which makes sense- this is a TWBB game, we know kirby's out for blood, kirby did it. flavortext even says so.

the rest of it is just flavortext, I think. I mean, there are a FEW things that sound... off. Like the "they were after me but got him instead" thing. I doubt there's a driver though- that would be too much coincidence on day one. maybe a randomizer? Or someone who shifted the kill off of themselves.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:45 pm

td260 wrote: I doubt there's a driver though- that would be too much coincidence on day one.

That's like saying it would be too much of a coincidence for a doctor to save someone night 1. A driver can be used defensively in a similar manner, switching a likely target with a suspicious, lurky or otherwise unlikely to be nightkilled player (like say Spont). If the runner is a high profile player like Snake or Q (which I'd be willing to bet it is whatever the cause of the switch) it's hardly a coincidence at all.

I'm just saying driver because Occams Razor really, but it hardly matter that much. All we can really say is Spont was probably not the intended target which actually doesn't tell us all that much.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:58 pm

Spont must not have been targeted. No offense to him, but I highly doubt the Mafia would target such a low threat player night one.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:26 am

Isn't it possible for the runner to have a x% chance to outrun his killers? Though that means there are at least 2 killing roles. And here was on hoping it'd be easy with less players.

The kill on Spont is mildly confusing, but not impossible. Maybe there were shenanigans involved. God knows we cant have enough of those. Maybe the runner was indeed involved in driving, or the kill got indeed reflected to Spont. Neither of which is really an issue at this point cause the first cultist is dead.
Dust of your partyhats for a succesfull night 1.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:37 am

oh come on. Cultist gets killed, initial target runs, mafia(the group, which was quite obvious) stands and apparently does nothing.

Shouldn't it be pretty obvious that Spont was just unlucky and targeted the same person as the second killing power did, thus throwing himself in the way.
The group then must have targeted either spont or that killing power, otherwise they would've killed the runner aswell.
I don't think there'd have been much need for a scrambler or a driver to create this scenario. Just a big clusterfuck of everyone going after the same high level target.
According to the so called ranking lists you guys seem to have for the players, that'd likely be snake, raya or Q.
woopdiedoo, people that always get targeted got targeted. Big whoop.

Now what'll we do for this dayphase? Because everyone attempting to 'decipher' what happened isn't really getting anyone anywhere.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:00 am

Vote: TD? I dunno, not like we have any better options at present until more people start posting at least (I mean seriously guys, c'mon)

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top