TWBB Mafia 16: TWBB Sequel Conclusion: Winners Mafia

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 16: TWBB Sequel Conclusion: Winners Mafia

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:10 am

FoS: Requiem

Did you really miss TD's softclaim or is that a blunt attempt to get rid off him?

@Perry: yeah, i believe, that pretty much that happened, like in almost every game here.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:21 am

I completely have no idea what soft claim you're talking about, so quite clearly I missed something. I just picked the same person I voted for in the last phase for ease of voting. We're already in the 2nd part of the Dayphase. I also stated (Or at least I believe I did) that if people would speak up, then I would likely change my vote. Until then I quite simply have nothing to work with. If you have somebody in mind, I implore you, enlighten me, because I'm still standing in the dark here.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:21 am

Reread his last post before the lynch. if you still don't get it, I suggest you go study the source material a little further. In any case, I rather have him around than somebody talking about death in a strange way.

Also, 2 nightkills? Seriously? Imagine up to 3 deaths per cycle, this game would be over in 5 days max. I wouldn't be surprised, if there was no doc at all in this setup. Mafia size, I expect 3, maybe one recruitable. We already got one cult, so I guess there might be 2 at the moment, one at least(depends, if recruitment happened or not).

In one point, I have to agree with Req: speak up, people, this needs more activity!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:14 am

Req, The world'll get you soon enough. Don't hurry it along. Personally, either you're blind or you have a serious vendetta against me. Either way...

FoS: Req

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Woooow, talk about threatening. I miss one bit of information and suddenly I've wronged the world, bro. I have to say, I feel like you've got me in a red shirt here now. Brothers shouldn't fight like this, so I'll Unvote: TD /Blatantlyobviousclaim

Nonetheless, we do need to decide on somebody to vote for.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 pm

I say a lotta shit like that lately. Only way to keep sane in a world like this.

Anyway... I'm thinking either Weldar or J. Weldar seems... less... likely, since his vote was just sorta jokeish. Day 1 shit. But J...

JGH27 wrote:TD is right, he is Mafian. How couldn't he be? Quite obviously if I do say so myself. Yes, I do say so. Now Weldar, he's a crafty bugger who loves dinosaurs and by that I mean he delves into the past looking for clues that don't exist. Tho like he always says "Who says dino's didn't talk?".

Vote the one they call TD260

Some people on here aren't even old enough to legally vote, maybe we should prevent them from voting? Razz

I can't even follow this logic.
FoS: JGH27

Day ain't over yet, bro.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:47 pm

Little over 12 hrs remain!

Here's the tally...strange...I seem to have misplaced it...

Oh well you guys are on your own to tally for the remainder of the day.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Vote: JGH27

Why not.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:29 pm

I like how one little claim makes us forget about Req. Also, FoS is now officially lame. I decree it so.

Vote: Req

Because blatant claiming is either very dumb, or an attempt to be crafty as a mafian. Either way, we're better off without that.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Blatant claim though it may be td did it first and they're both claims of a role you can be pretty sure are present, if it's mafia fakeclaims they'll draw out a counter claim and then we essentially have a guaranteed mafia caught. Best to wait for that to happen before voting them, silence will mean they're probably legit.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Vote: Ansem

He's completely ok with TD's claim, yet for my own he attacks me. Also, claiming so blatantly as I did is something I would not personally consider a 'crafty mafia move'. If anything, I'd consider a move like that a foolish mafia move, simply because it does draw attention to oneself. Logically, that is something that should be avoided if one is a mafia. As a townie though, it's a logical move, especially in an instance where my loyalties are in question.

Something about his voting for me bothers me. His reasons are too... relaxed, and I don't mean in the 'We don't have any information so I'mma just vote for random person'. It seems more like he's trying to remove a power character from play by running it as a 'He's suspicious' and hoping nobody will pay too much attention to his reasoning and just follow into a bandwagon.

I don't know, perhaps I'm just being defensive, but that's what it seems like to me, so yeah, that's my reasoning.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Weldar wrote:Blatant claim though it may be td did it first and they're both claims of a role you can be pretty sure are present, if it's mafia fakeclaims they'll draw out a counter claim and then we essentially have a guaranteed mafia caught. Best to wait for that to happen before voting them, silence will mean they're probably legit.

dude, who would counterclaim that? Mario is obv a powerrole, if someone would counterclaim that, the mafia has a clear target, and the town would be too full of pussies to do anything against it.

And req, Td's claim was at least original. You're just copying the blatansy....thats not a word.
And of course im relaxed, i'm high.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Ansem we always play high role density games, just about EVERYONE is a powerole of some sort. Saying you're Mario means nothing, there's dozens of possibilities of what his power could be, doesn't particularly make you any more of a target in that sense (it does make you more of a target if people believe you are an innocent from your claim). Furthermore we have pms, if someone really really doesn't want to out they can pm a tursted person to funnel the info for them.

And there's no way people wouldn't vote on a couterclaim, that's 50:50 odds, way better than what you get on most days, I don't think the players here are that stupid. Even if you do lynch wrong on a counterclaim that just means you have 100% odds the next day and a losing an innocent to catch a mafian is a worthwhile exchange for the innocents in the vast majority of cases.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Before I say anything else I want to offer some quick words about the situation last night.

Perry's absolutely right that far too much attention has been given to the nightphase, however I think at the same time people are misinterpreting what went down. A driver situation feels quite likely to me, it's not to coincidental-hell it's even more likely than a doc protect night 1, which does happen. I think that such a role may have protected a single player (likely a high-profile target such as Raya, but that's beside the point) from both the mafia nightkill and the cult recruit. This would pass the recruit onto Spont, who himself wasn't a very likely cult option, and kill him as well. No second nightkill involved in this scenario. That's my theory anyhow.

It is possible that the cult did go for Spont, and I say that mainly on the grounds that a cult wins when it reaches majority just like a mafia would, with some exceptions of course. In a game of this size, with 1-2 kills per night plus the lynch, a cult of one would take only a few days to overtake the other players, and a cult of two even less so. Thus avoiding the highest-profile targets is a very valid approach. Given the evidence here, however, this seems less likely than a driven cult-recruit and kill.

And before people cry SK Kirby, oh no!! I'd like to say that Kirby has repeatedly been a mafia role in the past, despite fitting the SK profile exceptionally well. It's quite possible that this has happened again. I'd say wait until tomorrow to judge that.

Now, my current thoughts;

Ansem himself is certainly worthy of attention, I won't deny. You say claiming a role is bad because in a counterclaim situation the town would be too full of pussies to do anything about it? That doesn't compute. Counterclaim situations, more often than not, benefit the town, as in a game with about fifteen people we're likely to be faced with approximately three or four mafians. If this is the case, even a cop or doctor would consider stepping up to take him out. A cop could use a cleared scan as a funnel, a doctor could self-protect if the rules allow, and even if they don't use those safeguards, it can be a worthy sacrifice. Almost any role is worth it to take out a mafian. The only situation we wouldn't have a counterclaim in my eyes would be if the real role is a vigilante or similar passive role that could take care of the false claim without occupying the town's time, and that's something we shouldn't count on. You're also forgetting the fact that if proven correct a doctor would be likely to protect the true Mario/Luigi if either of these claims is countered. This is pretty basic stuff, claims/ccs are one of the core processes this game goes through.

But Requiem is a quite suspicious himself, I'll admit, for notable defensiveness and an awkwardly timed claim. Req, for Ansem to question your claim before td260's is quite reasonable. You say you made a reasonable town move? I disagree. You claimed when you were given a finger of suspicion, and at that you claimed Mario, which would indicate a potential powerrole and make you a possible mafia target. If it's a town move it's not an intelligent one, at all. If you have a role of value, there's no purpose in putting yourself out there at the lightest touch. And before you say the same about td260, his claim came at a time of desperation. He was leading the Day 1 lynch with only six hours left in a game that has seen a depressingly low amount of activity thus far. Your claim came the second you were put under any pressure (namely, a finger of suspicion, not even a vote.) Doesn't help that you reacted a little quick day 1 when Ansem pressured you as well. It's quite jumpy in my eyes.

FOS: Req

Td is certainly worth looking at, but I think the Luigi claim has been blatant enough for sufficient time now. His claim? Again, it came at a reasonable time, and again it was very convenient given Luigi's presence in the storytext, but it has yet to be disproven. I will say that if td is mafia I could see Fed going the same way, but right now they're not high on my suspicion list at all, not compared to Req and Ansem.

Also, I want to point out the crazyspeak here. We've seen two brands of it; first from JGH27, second from Requiem.

First, to examine JGH's, I'd like to again bring up my point from earlier, in case none of you noticed:

"Yes, he could have a role that requires him to do exactly that, but at the same time other possibilities are present. A mafian going crazybomb on day 1 is highly unusual, but possible--however, due to the aforementioned peculiarity of that happening I doubt this is the case. Also possible is a lyncher on td260, given the nature of his post. I'll watch him, certainly, but again no condemnation.

I will say that his comments about Weldar draw my eye slightly, for while they could be arbitrary crazy babble, the fact that he chose those specific comments does indicate a slight possibility that they were made with an agenda in mind: Whether they are designed to draw us towards Weldar or arise out of J knowing something about Weldar's role is yet uncertain. Talking about dinosaurs, clues from the past? I'm inclined to still say it's crazy babble at this point, but it draws my eye nonetheless.
" -Quaetam

J has been utterly silent since, keep this in mind, though I understand he had quite an enjoyable night Razz. He has accrued only one vote-that of td260, and most people have ignored the crazytalk, to which I say that it should be kept in mind and J himself closely watched, however it's not worth acting on yet unless we have no other good options.

On Req's, it seems incredibly out of character and only reinforces my suspicions really; You pride yourself on being a logical player from what I've seen, and you're certainly intelligent, yet that whole death thing was quite random.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Also, Avos, if things remain as they are, I'd suggest an extension. 2-3 people out of 15 is not enough to end a dayphase. Don't make it more than a 24 hour addition though, trust me, more than one extra day can slow a game down tremendously. See how things are tomorrow morning.

Along those lines, you might have better luck if you push for an afternoon ending time in the future, if that's possible for you. It fits both the Americans and the Europeans soooo much better. Just a suggestion.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:58 pm

If that is what everyone wants and I feel like the end phases would be better at the afternoon hrs also.

If this is what we all agree to this one time I will extend 12 hrs to the 6 PM side of the timestamp.

Snake said he wanted this to go as fast as possible so I was trying my best to not extend at any point.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:31 am

So I have how long to read Qs wall?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:10 am

Also also, Td's claim seemed pretty blatant to me.

Then again, I always like to pick up on those little hints and shit.

Almost as much as I love to drop them Wink

Ok, I usually am against voting while under the influence, but time is of the essence, so I will just Vote: Requiem

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 am

I'm going to guess another six to twelve hours.

To answer your points towards my random behavior, I actually have a couple of 'modes' in nature. Usually I am a tactitian, you're right, I do indeed pride myself on being able to carefully plan what I am going to do and how it will impact others and how they will react. It's one of the few things I consider myself to be actually good at.

I also have the madman personality. Ask Vie sometime, or simply think back, I'm sure I've done it to you, where in greeting I'll just randomly write "*Stabs* What's up?", that part of me is generally very playful, and I approach death and other morbid-like subjects with a lighter outlook. I have several quotes on my Facebook profile that further portray this side of me (Actually, I do believe all of them do, but I'd have to check to be sure). This is my nature that most people see out in reality.

The last, is an extremely depressed nature, this one doesn't get shown very often (Except perhaps in my choice of music) simply because nobody really likes hanging out with a depressed person. This is my creative side though. Almost all of my poetry has been written in this nature, and it (Usually) turns out well.

My random and slightly hyperactive behavior has simply been in effect. I am indeed extremely happy that this game is up and running, even if I am facing the chopping block. The crazy pace you noticed was just me being bored and extremely thrilled to have something to do besides the usual boring life that I lead.

Hopefully that's enough of an explanation. Like I already said repeatedly, the crazy talk was me being bored, it happens. Also, seriously, think about it. Death is a fun word to say. It's like bubbly. I don't mean that as it is similar to the word so much as it is equally enjoyable to say.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, hopefully that's all out of the way now. You say my claim was made in a bad time, perhaps that's true. If you've noted in previous games, I've always been a highly defensive player though, well highly defensive, and partly suicidal. After a certain point of being accused I get to the mood of "Eh, alright, kill me then, not like I've done much this game anyway, and it'll provide a target for the town next". I was actually getting ready to do so in my last post, but then Weldar posted before me pointing out part of what I was going to say, so I chopped a chunk of what I was going to write out.

Also, I'll be completely honest, while I may have a power character, the power I was given... Is not something I'm really fond of. Other people love this role, but it's just not for me. Basically, it comes down to this, I'm not a fan of my character, and my role is more or less useless for me. Further than that though, even if a player is known to have a power role, that doesn't make them an immediate threat. You've used me before when you were mafian, guiding me along rather than just killing me. A less experienced player with a good role can be just as much of a hindrance to the town as they can to the mafia. I'm not particularly good at this game, but I do enjoy it immensely, hence why I keep joining game after game.

Also, technically, in regards to my day one vote, if you'll note, I voted on my first post. Quite a while before Ansem said anything (Even if only a few posts behind it). I voted Q (For being a devious bastard). Then, when I saw votes were swinging towards TD, I switched up in favor of a lynch rather than a random pointless vote. My behavior the first round was completely within the normal boundaries of my behavior.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, now, if that all isn't enough of an explanation for my behavior, lynch me, see that I was telling the truth, and then lynch Ansem for being a dick and likely mafian. Also, sorry for all of that, I just woke up a bit ago and my brain is trying to kill me with random scattered bits of thoughts and ideas and... I'm not really sure what to call the rest.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:01 am

Upon request, time is extended 12 hrs to get the end of the day/night phases on the switch side of AM/PM. See you then!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:16 am

While Req's claim was premature (on a side note remeber guys, the roleclaim rules here basically are you can do it but don't go overboard with it) I don't really see too much else suspicious about him. The craziness was weird but I seem to recall him admitting that was just him screwing around not long after it (I think it was in the skype chat though) and since it was just the one crazy post I'm more inclined to believe it. I'm much more curious about J for his madness since we've never seen him acting sane. And I don't really see being defensive as scummy on it's own, it depends on the player really. I still remember, 15 games ago, a cop found himself almost in the noose on day 2 for being defensive. Ansem does kind of bother me but I think that's partly due to the attitude, kind of like how I used to be with Snake in mafia (Speaking of Snake he's been quite quiet by his standards, but that's unusual for Snake as any affiliation so I'm not sure it really means much).

With the game being this quiet I get the feeling we may have a few mafians just laying low. Some lurkers are to be expected, especially at this time of year but still when things are quieter like this it's a much easier thing for mafians to do. I'm gonna
Vote: Avalanche
While he's not the lurkiest here he has kinda been posting without saying much and he's the kind of player I'd maybe expect a bit more from compared to some of the other lurkers.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:13 pm

The kingdom was extremely quiet. Most must be too focused on rebuilding the orphanage or just too scared from last nights analysis...

Finally a forumer had enough, Requiem goes to the center of the crowd and pulls off his hood, "That's right it's a- me, Mario!" everyone stops what they are doing, "Now are we going to get to the bottom of things or not!?"

Luigi approaches him, "Bro this is not the time, you got to a- trust me!"

"This is the way you do things," ripping off the forumer cloak and throwing it to the ground, "All this hiding your identity shit if fucking stupid, lets just bust everyone's a- chops until someone a- talks!"

He rushes Ansem, "Where where you a- last night!?"

Before Ansem could speak another forumer rushes over and pulls their hood also, "You dare think you are so innocent in all this!?" Pauline questions him.

"Oh so look who decides to finally say something, no one cares about what you a- say, you've not spoke but a single word since everything a- started!"

"I slept yesterday morning so I could work last night. Unlike all the unemployed bums and people doing all this illegal shit all the time I actually earn a living!"

Luigi intervenes, "Where are you a- going with all this Pauline?"

Pauline composes herself, "He has been drunk ever since the last kidnapping of the Princess, he killed my ex- in cold blood in front of a bar of people, I think he killed the ice climber in a drunken revenge against the death of his stupid pet!"

Mario quickly backhands her knocking her to the ground...Luigi quickly grabs his arms, "Bro what is a- with your head! You a- got to calm down!"

Shrugging him away, "Eh, alright, kill me then, not like I've done much this game anyway, and it'll provide a target for the town next" and with that he walks away...

Luigi helps Pauline to her feet, "Are...are you a- alright?"

Holding her cheek, "To think...I used to respect that fat fuck!"

Spoiler:
For future reference post that happen in the middle of the day are "extra evidence flavor text" and at the end I will announce that the day/night is not over and to continue to discuss this new evidence.

Last edited by Avos Me Lardo on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 pm

I guess it is night already?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:16 pm

wait until it's 6pm for him, fed. he went over this :p
(it'll be midnight for us europeans, except raya)

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Yeah, so I'm not entirely sure what's going on with this, I never recieved any form of notification that I was out, and it doesn't say I was killed, so... So... I have no idea

Clearly though, I am who I say.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top