Mafia 17: Dark Before The Dawn- Night 10- FINALE

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 17: Dark Before The Dawn- Night 10- FINALE

Post  Weldar on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:20 am

Fedaykin wrote:Sheesh, Q, why is expecting a second nightkill suspicious at all? The only game I remember without a SK was Weldar's, who had quite a few mafias to compensate.

That's stupid. You don't need to compensate for a lack of serial killers, they're not an essential role and I'd say overall their second kill causes more problems to balance than anything and it's much easier to make a good game without one. Personally I've always found this forum is way too obsessed with serial killers, they're not an essential role that you need to have every game and I'd actually like to see more games without them (especially if they're replaced with other more interesting 3rd parties, fool, serial killer and survivor are probably among my least favourite of the roles).

Now personally I don't find TJ all that suspicious. Over defensiveness has always been a kinda bullshit reason to me ever since I was blocked n1 then almost killed day 2 for being too defensive in game 1, when I was the bloody cop. It can sometimes be a scummy but only in a few situations and being defensive about a small number of votes when few votes have been cast is not one of them. That said I do agree the push to save him feels really weird. His defense was crap, basically the most generic and empty defense possible to the point it was totally meaningless. Anyone could say that, I'd actually be more inclined to think he was innocent if he'd said, I'm innocent but my role isn't that good so be it. I'd have quite probably switched a vote to him had I not woken up just minutes after night fell just because of that counterpush meaning the flip would have lead to some useful info.

I'm also a little suspicous of Avos, mostly because that whole activity discussion was stupid. If someone is suspicious, fucking vote them, activity does not play a role in that. Lurking on it's own is not actually a suspicious thing it's just lurkers are hard to read so they're a good target for vig shots or days when there's little other leads.

But on days like this when there's actually suspicious leads, not the time for it, not the time for it at all.
Vote: Snake
Something does feel off here. Here's the thing Snake you do have a very consistent playstyle, I remember it quite well because I was never too fond of it and I always kinda felt like killing you for it. Thing about it was you'd have the same style if you were innocent, mafia or 3rd party. Last game I suspected you early because you felt different but I wasn't sure it meant scum because of your usual consistency, maybe there's a pattern here and it actually does.

Also you sarcastic bullshit last post actually made me want to vote you more. Doesn't make you any more suspicious of anything it's just, be blunt and to the point fuckasses. No sarcasm, no vague, I'm a useful role I swear. If you wanna save your ass keep it clear and give the actual details.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:03 am

Oh yeah we have pms, yeah that's a good enough explanation for me. Unvote: Snake

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 am

My bullshit posts aren't going to get any better. I have said everything I could. My argument stands, and the only thing that weighs against me is a push by obvious mafia members followed by pure ignorance.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:03 am

Vote:TheTJ

As i stand now, it's one or the other. We'll see what this brings, and if it fails, then we know who to go for.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 am

Vote:TheTJ

In retrospect, he acted more fishy than Snake. Battery of my phone is almost out of charge, keeping it short.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 am

There is quite a bit of votes on TheTJ so my one extra vote isn't going to matter much. I am going to put my vote on another that I think we need to look at;

Unvote: Minby

Vote: td260

Still claiming a grudge, plus so many wishy washy comments, 'maybe?' that doesn't help anything and just makes me think he is trying to hard to not be looked at.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:42 am

Actually, it is a tie now between Snake and TJ. Yes, your vote does matter, tie means no lynch.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:04 am

There are plenty of others and time for someone to break the tie if they should choose.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:19 am

Your argumentation is flawed. First you say, that your vote doesn't matter. You proceed voting someone, who won't be lynched anyway, a wasted vote, if td doesn't need it for some kind of power. Someone points out, that your vote could change the outcome of this day, yet you refuse without any real reason, you let others do it. If either of the two flip mafian, don't be surprised when people come knocking at your door.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:26 am

Like you used an argument in the sign up thread, what if there are outside/behind the scene forces that you are unaware of?! What if there are things that there just isn't control over. You just have to take what I've done and accept it. It doesn't matter what happens now or in the future; if it comes to that I'll deal with it.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:02 am

I do belive the current tally sits at

Snake(3): Requiem, Viero, Surge
Requiem(1): Snake
td260(1): Avos
TheTJ(4): td260, JGh27, Ansem, Fedaykin

So not actually a tie.

Anyhow right now I'm not really feeling the TJ or Snake lynches. I'm actually gonna go with

Vote: Viero

It often is the mafians who make the excuses to not be posting the most and he was doing quite a bit of that active lurking, posting without actually adding anything, plus a fairly empty early vote on a bandwagon. I'm liking this lead a lot right now.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:18 am

I voted for Snake, it's a tie.

From my point of view, Snake voting for a no-one on day 1, opposite to any other game before, is more of a lead than any of the stuff you guys have going on. Surge's and Req's arguementation both back this and with Weldar inexplicably except for "PMs exist" pulling his vote just makes me think Surge is more in the right.
So i'm looking strange at Weldar too now.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:26 am

I'm not gonna lie, I don't find either of these two worth my vote, and am going to follow my own arguments when I:

Vote: Viero

Your response to my pressure essentially confirmed my suspicions. You continue to insist you can't come up with anything despite being able to pour over the game for four hours? I've probably spent that much time on this entire game ALLTOGETHER and I've been coming up with leads. You continue to fall into the pattern I've been seeing in your posts, and that, to me, is condemning. Doesn't help that you stopped posting once Snake and TJ got pressure (though on that end I'd say I'm probably overthinking by a large margin).

Any judgement on Snake can wait a day, for me.

td, seriously? With all this shit flying around you grudgevote? Fos: td260

And Fedaykin, building a case against you? I find you suspicious, that simple. Excuse me for pointing that out. Playing aggressive =/= playing scummy, but for you it equals playing DIFFERENT, which is worth pointing out. I haven't even fossed you yet.

And yes, Avos, your vote does matter here. We've got three candidates up for the lynch. Suspicion on td can wait.

Beyond that, I have to compliment everyone on the activity this game.

Vote Tally:
TheTJ (4): td260, JGH27, Ansem, Fedaykin
SnakeInABox (4): Perry, Viero, Surgepox, Requiem
Viero (3): Avalanche, Weldar, Quaetam
td260 (1): Avos
Requiem (1): Snake

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:31 am

To everyone who has said it was suspicious of me to softclaim as a townie power day one... really?

I mean, it was day one and I had 4 votes at the time. Nevermind whether or not it was true, I literaly had no option. Day one I don't have a voting record to speculate on, or inactivity to vote against, or even alliances through PMs. The only thing this proves is I'm not a Jester role.

As for everything else, I'd like to know what Snake told Weldar that instantly turned that vote around. I wouldn't be surprised much if Snake actually DID roleclaim as the Godfather just so he could laugh when it was revealed. On the other hand he dissuaded Weldar pretty quickly so I'll hold off on that one until I know more for sure.

So here I am again, on uncertain footing and with a good number of votes. I might hardclaim, but you guys might find that more suspicious. If I want to live I suppose I'll have to Vote: Viero and hope this doesn't come back to bite me.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:13 am

Q, in a response to your accusation, I used grudgevote mainly because at the time when I posted that,
A) my brain had clocked out for the night and didn't really want to work
B) both TJ and Snake looked equally suspicious- and instead of not voting and putting a finger on both, I used the grudge to break the mental tie. However, at this moment in time, I'm more inclined to believe TJ's claim to innocence- Snake too looks suspicious, but weldar seems to trust him for some reason. I'd like to know what that reason is, but... Eh. It's suspicious as all hell in any case. I can't tell if viero is just not following the game well, or if he's feigning ignorance in order to keep the votes off... And the only other person I think is suspicious is Avos, since he's bouncing his votes around on inactives and, well, me. Granted, that last post was stupid, yes, but it's nothing to waste a vote on when people are much more suspicious.

At this moment, I'm going to unvote: TJ
FoS remains on TJ
FoS Remains on Snake
FoS on Avos

vote: Viero

If you're innocent, I'm sorry man. But you do look suspicious right now.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:48 am

Dammit guys, things are so close I can't even begin to write the lynchpost!

TheTJ (3): JGH27, Ansem, Fedaykin
SnakeInABox (4): Perry, Viero, Surgepox, Requiem
Viero (5): Avalanche, Weldar, Quaetam, TJ, td260
td260 (1): Avos

Night falls in 2 hours.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 am

Quaetam wrote:Your response to my pressure essentially confirmed my suspicions. You continue to insist you can't come up with anything despite being able to pour over the game for four hours? I've probably spent that much time on this entire game ALLTOGETHER and I've been coming up with leads. You continue to fall into the pattern I've been seeing in your posts, and that, to me, is condemning. Doesn't help that you stopped posting once Snake and TJ got pressure (though on that end I'd say I'm probably overthinking by a large margin).

Not everyone is as good at finding stuff like you are Kyle. I would think you guys would have caught on after so many games that I am not good at following mafia games and yet over and over again I am called out on it and how it is scummy even when I have turned up as both mafia and town throughout the games with me not posting a lot.

As for that last part. I already spent 4 hours on trying to find something to post about. I have other stuff going on besides mafia.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 pm

I don't see why TheTJ is on the chopping block. I speculated before on the possibilities of him surviving the night--the mafia choosing to target someone else as a safer kill. A bus driver role was mentioned too I believe, which could be possible as well. Still, my feeling is not on TheTJ.

Viero is suspicious. I got this feeling (as mentioned by a couple others) from his additions to the day phases. He speaks, but doesn't say much to contribute into catching others. This behavior reminds me of how I played when I was an SK and outed by Raya in game 10 (I believe that was it) where I only popped in to explain a game rule or something.

I harbor a lot of suspicion with Requiem as well. This is in due to his reasoning for calling out Snake and his behavior. I am leery of Snake because of his responses to Requiem. As I posted earlier, there was a part of Snake's "logic" I didn't agree with, but another part that I did. His behavior is different from other games, and I think he was laying low. That doesn't really differentiate him being townie or mafian, but I'm leaning the former. As for Requiem, I feel that his attempt at calling attention on Snake was based rather weak, and probably a scum attempt at taking out a good player.

Vote: Viero If Requiem had more votes, I'd vote him first, but since that's not the case I feel that voting him at this point would be a waste.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Ehh, we'll look into TJ tomorrow. And i really don't think td is that suspicious, he's just jumpy as fuck. He's always been jumpy as fuck.

Unvote:TheTJ

Vote:Snake

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi!

There is a lot of information that I don’t understand and I have no knowledge rolegame from Raya.

At the moment I have a big lack of information and I hope that you all don’t misinterpret my arguments.

First, it seems to me that the people who are voting for Snake and Viero might be defending TJ and I agree with Surge, when he says that too many people are have been too trusting.
I don’t understand why Snake has defended TJ during the previous dayphase. In my view there is a link between them, but I have no prove or arguments.

I think that his claim during day 1 is scummy and I don’t understand why people gave up on voting him so easily or were defending him based on the fact that they accepted his claims too easily.

vote: TJ.

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:12 pm

'As for Requiem, I feel that his attempt at calling attention on Snake was based rather weak, and probably a scum attempt at taking out a good player.'

Sorry man, but that isn't even close to my play style. I was simply trying to get people more interested in the game by pointing out behavioral differences in playing. Isn't that what you're supposed to do in mafia to catch scum? Snake's responses have been no better than TheTJ's "Well... Uh... I'm a good, guy guys!" Snake just took the opposite route and tried to be Sarcastic which only condemns him more in my eyes. Your blind allegiance to him throws you into questionable territory as well for me. I can't tell if you're a mafian trying to cover his back, or just blind.

Keep in mind, I'm not a high level player, I'm not going to convince people just by saying "Ok guys, he's a mafian!". If people follow what I say, it's because what I say makes sense, because I took the time and effort to actually try and scumhunt. I've accepted I'm going to probably die tonight, but that's alright, at least when I die people will start to actually think for themselves.

Of course, I might not die knowing how the mafia likes to play games. Try to get me lynched during the day perhaps. Who knows with them.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:24 pm

StuckInABox wrote:Fuck man why didn't DRTJR die?

He always has to die on the first night its like a rule.

Fuck this Mafia must suck.
My sentiments exactly

smashbro wrote:
Since when does voting no one mean you're not mafia and voting for someone mean you are? After, what, 16 games, that logic doesn't do it for me.
You have a vested interest in killing townies, ergo you could draw that the mafia want to kill somebody during the first day so that it is easier to win for them. That being said it was a very un-snake thing to do.

Fos: Snake

But we there was some circling of the wagons around TJ, this is indicative of some informed minority, Who? I don't know maybe they're a cult, they could be Mafia, point is that probibly not the town, and Thus I
VOTE:theTJ

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Sahrimnir's death had thrown everyone into confusion. In the chaos of trying to make sense of it all the members turned upon each other and soon three candidates arose: Snake, Viero and TJ once again. As the debate raged TJ slipped into the background and it became a furious row between Snake and Vie. The sky darkened and once again it seemed no consensus would be formed. A stalemate had been reached.

"This is ridiculous," sighed Surgepox "Another day and no-"

Suddenly the door was violently kicked open and a squad of armed guards charged in, weapons drawn, quickly surrounding the two on trial.

"What's going on?" demanded Viero, wary eyeing the guards that had blades inches from his throat. It suddenly all dawned on those present and they turned to one of their members.

The former bureaucrat shrugged apologetically, a sly smile on his face. "I thought this would happen. I took...precautions."

"Fuck you!" yelled Snake "Fuck you and fu-"

"Kill them both."

Complete pandemonium broke out as the proceedings erupted into violence. Viero threw himself aside and drew his sword, the quicksilver blade slashing like lightning and cutting a swath through the guards. There was a blur and suddenly instead of Snake there was ten of him, each darting and lunging with drawn daggers. One the guards swung his sword and sliced Snake clean in half, only for the youth to shimmer out of existence.

"An illusion?!" he gasped before a dagger slit his jugular open and he collapsed gurgling to the floor.

The Snake-illusions laughed as they distracted and attacked "You'll never kill me! You disbelieving fucks, you think you ca-" He was cut short by a strangled gasp, blood bubbling from his mouth. Eyes wide, he looked downwards at the blade protruding from his chest.

"Your problem Snake," hissed the bureaucrat behind him "Is that you talk too much."

The blade withdrew and Snake collapsed into a rapidly spreading pool of his own blood. Now hopelessly outnumbered Viero found himself backed against a wall. He hissed in anger, then his snarl turned into a cackling dark laugh.

"You fools, you fools! You honestly think you stand a chance? That pathetic little rats like you can dare stand up against the might of the High Commander? He will crush you like the insignificant insects you are! His agents walk amongst you, and they'll grind your bones into the dust in his name!"

With a shriek of laughter he threw himself upon the guards, but despite his bloody toll against such odds he was rapidly brought down.

"That will be all, gentlemen," said the bureaucrat, looking down upon the two bodies "That will be all."

Snake was lynched! He was Weldar, the Beacon of Shadow! Alignment: Town

Viero was lynched! He was Dunya, second of the Great Generals! Alignment: Mafia

Night has fallen! The day will begin on Friday at 9pm GMT. Send in your actions!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 pm

allow me a short booyah for voting on Viero before it was cool

right, nightphase.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:06 pm

The moon was low and waning, the silvery light dancing across the windblown plains. TJ silently crept through the tall grass, confident that the waving leaves would conceal him from sight. The past two days had been rough for him; he had barely escaped the lynch twice. A third time would be difficult. He knew he had to prove himself. And ahead he saw his method of doing so.

A small arrangement of tents and a flickering fire indicated an encampment of a scouting force of the Army. TJ clicked a button on the side of his scanner, zooming in. The foot soldiers, as always, were standing around silently. But it wasn't them he was interested in; he knew that somewhere in the camp was one of the Generals. And if he could just identify who...

There! Movement from one of the tents. TJ sat poised, waiting for the figure to emerge, when suddenly his scanner beeped. The scanner had the ability to show the locations of others in his vicinity. It had been clustered full of the red dots of the enemy, but now a new dot appeared, one the colour of his allies. It was approaching the camp from the west. How odd. Did someone else have the same idea as him?

He zoomed in but was unable to pick out the figure. They appeared to be having some sort of seizure. No, wait, was that...dancing?

What. The. Fuck.

The impromptu shuffle had certainly gained attention. The red dots began to move closer. TJ watched aghast. What should he do? This info could be of utmost importance, yet his friend was in utmost danger...his loyalty overtook his duty and he leapt to his feet.

"You idiot!" he yelled "RUN!"

There was a snort of burning air behind him.

He stiffened and slowly turned around. Behind him stood an immense demon, looking down on him with murder in his eyes and a savage grin.

TJ turned and bolted.

The demon roared and swung his sword but hit nothing but dust. TJ sprinted away, his unnatural agility quickly putting distance between them. In combat he might not have been the strongest, but out here in the open nothing could match his speed. The wind shrieked past him, the grass around him a blur. Nothing could catch him, not like this, not-

A sword flew through the air and tore his leg clean off.

He hit the ground, the momentum sending him smashing and tumbling over and over, a cloud of dust in his wake. He slid to a halt, panting wildly and staring down at the crimson stump that was left of his leg. Blood gushed out in torrents and his body started to go into shock. He felt tremors of heavy footfalls as his pursuer caught up with him and retrieved the sword before coming up and standing over him.

"You can't run now boy," he sneered, driving the sword point down.

TheTJ was killed! He was Minby, the Beacon of Wind! Alignment: Town

That's what friends do, right?

Someone reached out into the void

Somewhere a cry echoed through the night

Day 3 has begun! Night will fall on Sunday at 9pm GMT.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top