Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:27 pm

???

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 17: Dark Before The Dawn- Night 10- FINALE

Post  Quaetam on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:54 pm

Raya told me she couldn't get the writeup done today--it'll be here tomorrow.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:53 pm

It isn't over until the last card is played, the last shot taken. The last power used. Not until the last person is killed. Only then is it over.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:26 pm

TD260 and JGH27 stood staring aghast at Requiem's body, finally realising their horrific mistake. Their eyes drifted up and met each other's gaze, then as one slowly turned towards Quaetam.

Quaetam stood framed against the night, the dark clouds roiling behind him, a terrible, evil grin upon his face. TD shook his head, disbelieving "No, Q...it can't be you. You were my ally!"

"I know."

"You killed Eisen, a mafian!"

"I know."

"I...I trusted you!"

"I know."

Quaetam reached down and wrenched his sword free from Requiem's chest "It has been fun, it really has. Watching you all bicker and fight, playing you like the pawns you are. But all things must come to an end. The night must fall forever." He held his sword out, blood-stained tip pointing directly at them "The endgame now begins!"

J grabbed TD's arm and the two turned and ran, Quaetem's laughter ringing out behind them.

-----------------------------------

The two crashed through the darkened woods, knowing that their pursuer was close on their heels. Branches whipped at their faces, thorns clawing at their legs as though the woods themselves were in league with the High Commander. They reached a clearing and slowed to a weary halt, gasping for breath. There was no moonlight, the darkness absolute.

"TD, you are such an idiot." muttered J.

"Oh shut up, like you didn't believe him either." TD straightened and looked at their surroundings. Every branch and twig swaying in the wind looked like a fiend in spiked black armour, ready to lunge out and slay them "Look, we haven't lost yet. I have a plan." He raised his gauntlet and slowly traced it through the air, ghostly after-images forming in its wake. Before J's eyes illusions of both himself and the High Commander materialised, standing waiting and obedient. TD cracked a weak smile "I know what you can do. We can still defeat the night. Trust me."

Quaetam strode through the darkened woods, following the trail of his quarry. He had no need of stealth nor of hiding himself. His prey were running scared before him. All he had to do was slay them at his leisure.

The sound of fighting drifted to his ears. Curious, had they gone mad with fear and blame? He emerged into the clearing and saw countless copies of himself and J, fighting in a furious battle royale. Interesting. What was their plan? He boldly strode into the centre and the fighting ceased, every one of the figures turning towards him. As one they raised their weapons and with a roar they charged. Quaetam closed his eyes, ignoring the murderous horde hurtling towards him. He breathed deep, then in a lightning flash movement spun and drove his sword through the image of himself lunging from behind. The figure gasped, flickered, and the countless others hurtled through them like ghosts. Quaetam grinned and wrenched his sword free. The image of the High Commander faded, revealing J, a gaping hole in his chest. Before he could react Quaetam swung his sword high and decapitated him in an instant.

JGH27 was killed! He was Fedaykin, the Beacon of Life! Alignment: Townie.

The other illusions vanished into nothingness and Quaetam called into the darkened woods around him.

"You are a fool, TD! Did you honestly think that I would not suspect such a trap and act accordingly? I knew full well of your little plan. You cannot outwit me!" He turned full circle, his cloak billowing behind him "We are the only two left, TD! Do you still dare to stand against me? Your friends are long dead, your allies are lost; you have no chance of victory! Come, reveal yourself, make my victory oh so much sweeter. Or do you still choose to fight?"

Silence answered him. Quaetam laughed and strode ahead into the darkness.

TD ran. He ran and ran until it felt his lungs would burst. He was now the hunted, harried by the shadows that lunged at him from every angle. The High Commander was toying with him, he knew. That was the only reason. The only reason he was still alive and breathing, whilst everyone else was...

The morning came, though he sensed rather than saw it. The sky was choked with black clouds, the barest trickle of light escaping to illuminate the gloom. The beasts cowered in their lairs, the birds huddled in their boughs, but still he ran, the only thing living in this dark underworld. What else could he do? In the poor light of the day there was nothing. They were too evenly matched.

The night came, though the lessening light was barely noticeable. TD had slowed, collapsed, lay panting and exhausted on the stony ground. He lifted his head and his gaze rose to the tor that stood before him. The summit was crackling with malefic energies and against the blue and black he could make out a figure. Quaetam. The High Commander. He had known that TD would reach this place. He had known it, and he was waiting.

TD was ready to just lie down and die. There was no hope. After everything he and his friends had done it had come to nothing. The light had failed, darkness had won. They were all dead, and he was all alone.

No. He wasn't alone, was he? He raised his arm and looked at his gauntlet. Their physical selves may have long gone, but their spirits still remained. They had followed him, urged him on, believed in him when he had not believed in himself. Slain or not, his friends had always been there for him. They trusted that he could see this through, bring about the final dawn. And he would not let them down.

He dragged himself to his feet, staring at the high summit. Steadfastly, he began to climb.

Day 10 has passed with no lynch possible. Night 10 has fallen.

Tonight is the final night! Quaetam and TD260, send me your actions. Your choices will determine the fate of the world!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Wait, what the hell? Shouldn't this game be over? I have 1v1. Look at every past mafia game, this has always been the rule followed. Coalition would have elsewise lost game ten, td himself would have lost game 15. It doesn't matter what power td got.

Badass post though, that much I'll say Razz But however epic, it should be done.

Last edited by Quaetam on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Quaetam wrote: td himself would have lost game 15.
This is truth. I had doc power, double vote. Td had what? a night kill that ate Eisen with the following day phase giving me the win should it have gone an extra day.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh ffs. I'm not going to bloody argue.

Fine, TD, do you want to call it there? You still have a chance but you may pass it up if you like. PM me and let me know.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:45 pm

Whoa now guys. I'm not the best mafia player, but I'm starting to get a little suspicious of Q over there.

Given the chance I'm sure he could convince me that he's not only innocent, but that Raya's mafian and lying to us through flavour text.

And he's good enough that I'd probably beleive him.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:47 pm

The thing is he shouldn't have a chance: should powers matter when the mafia has majority certain roles would fuck everything up. A bomb would mean a 1 v 2 nightphase is impossible for a sk/mafian, a Doctor would be able to guarantee he cant lose. etc.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:53 pm

from the flavour text, I'm thinking this is something Raya herself cooked up. If that's the case she may have added something for this sort of situation.

I'm willing to trust that Raya knows what she's doing and go along with it for now, but we will need an explanation after it's done.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:55 pm

I know exactly what it is, or am about 99% sure. Regardless, it should be over.

And yeah, it is Raya's choice, of that I'm well aware, I have merely stated my opinion, and already kinda regret doing so. My apologies.

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:37 pm

The hell? How is this not over?

It's 1 townie vs. 1 mafian. This game should be over, and not left in a mexican standoff. No lynch is possible, so shouldn't that mean that mafia technically has a majority?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 pm

The trouble is that in a 1v1, the reason that it ends is because the next night the last townie would die or be stuck in an eternal loop. This, if I am correct, is not the case. TD has one chance to win, that's it.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:57 pm

But if we're to follow the logic that the game continues if powers can plausibly turn it around, see my last post. There are SO MANY ROLES THIS GAME that would make a mafia/SK win impossible for a 1v1, if not cause an outright double-loss.

The game is always meant to end the second majority is reached. Again, we've had numerous games played that way in the past. Game 15 td only won because of this. Game 10 the Coalition only won because of this. Game 6 both the M_B (with the chessmaster) and the Zombies could have easily lost if it wasn't for this rule (as mafia white could still defy weldar and make a kill, taking out either smashbro or the Troll role, the latter of which would have doomed the zombies). It's meant to end with a 1v1 regardless of whether the game could be turned around.

But again, once more Raya, you have my heartfelt apologies for bringing this up here, I feel a bit bad about that :/

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 4 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Should not matter whether or not he has a power that could win him the game. He should not be able to win based on my last post. If final day/night powers could shift who wins, I won game 15. Pure and simple. I lost said game because my power didn't do anything because the final night was 1v1, me and a Mafian.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:12 pm

No point in being upset guys, everybody has their own opinions on how things are done. Personally I agree with Raya. It takes a very specific set of circumstances to pull something like this. That does not however mean that she's right, or that you're right. She's the one running the game. If you were running the game then I would say the same thing in regards to the way it's run. Honestly though Q, what were you thinking letting TD survive until endgame? That was just silly.

Seriously though, if you don't like it, run your ruleset when you guys run your games. Looking at mine, I don't think such a scenario is possible, but if it were I'd agree with the way Raya is doing it. I'd do it the other way too if it was set up in a way that would allow the mafia to win. It's not a prejudice thing. Logically, TD came up with a great last ditch effort that worked with what he was given. That's part of what the game is about isn't it? Outmaneuvering(Sp?) your opponent. Q, you did a really good job. Granted, if it weren't for my absolute apathy towards everything the last few days you would have been lynched logically, but still, you did good to get me out of the way. You planned very carefully everything you did, but when you miss one detail, one chance, it can ruin your plans.

Isn't that what would happen in a real war situation? Would the opposing force go "No! That's not fair!"? It's a strategy game. If people don't like it, well, I dunno, but it's up to the one running the game to decide how to run things. Sorry if my opinion bothers anybody, but that's just how I feel about it. Now, I'mma shut up before I get anybody mad at me or whatever.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Requiem wrote: Logically, TD came up with a great last ditch effort that worked with what he was given. That's part of what the game is about isn't it? Outmaneuvering(Sp?) your opponent.
Apparently, you haven't noticed that Q carried the mafia after I got caught in a lame way and with perry lynched soon after. He outmaneuvered the entire town own his own, and for like four days. You have no idea the planning and scenario setups that Q thought of with each day. He had his reasons for keeping td alive, one of which was because Q could get him to trust him.

He didn't do a really good job, he did a fantastic job. Had I been in his position I would have given up by day 7. Quaetam, however, would not.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Didn't want to post on this topic anymore because I feel bad about bringing it up AT ALL in-thread, but since you've effectively called me a whiny bitch and said that my doing so well was purely because you didn't care, I'll make one more post here. I'm not angry with Raya, just in firm disagreement with her decision. I'd rather not be insulted though, Requiem, thanx.

Why I didn't kill td? On one end, he was a good puppet Razz On another, I literally COULD NOT STOP him living till endgame; there was nothing we could have done since like day 3 or so. He was able to take a power and protect himself each day, or the bodyguard kept on him and stopped an unblockable kill the time we tried one. I had absolutely no choice other than to make the kills I did when I did. Frankly I didn't miss any details, there's literally nothing I could have done differently this ENTIRE TIME. I was forced into this situation by Weldar day 2. The mafia has, as I said in my arguments against you, had a near perfect targeting record (a cop, a doctor, then a vigilante twice), and yet I know what he could have done in terms of powers. If Raya allows this there was literally nothing I could have done to prevent it in the setup of the game. I'm well aware he might have taken a different power than I think; just gone for an unknown and rolled with it. But there is literally nothing I could have done about that. So please don't imply I've been an idiot to leave him alive Razz

And it was a great game, don't get me wrong, it was an amazing game. I loved this game. There are a few things I'd recommend to change about hte setup, but frankly it was great and Raya did great by hosting it. I'm just saying that it should be over now, both by balance and by precedent.

Also, I'm not just whining "oh it's not fair", I'm stating my outright opinion that I disagree with this decision, and respectfully request it be reversed. I'm perfectly aware the decision is Raya's, I'm gonna go with whatever she decides, as I'm not the host, she is, and given how this has escalated I regret bringing it up now. In the meantime however, I'm merely expressing my opinion that the decision is invalid, and doing so as respectfully as possible. I never intended for it to blow up like this, just wanted to offer my opinion. It's her call how to run things, not mine.. Raya's awesome, I have no beef with her. But I'd rather not be outright insulted, Req.

I'd like to keep this out of the thread completely now, I regret even bringing it up here because she doesn't need to deal with it and it escalated far beyond just posting my opinion.

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:23 pm; edited 10 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:43 pm

smashbro wrote:
He didn't do a really good job, he did a fantastic job. Had I been in his position I would have given up by day 7. Quaetam, however, would not.

Isn't that the truth. Q had been telling me his plans the whole game, and oh my, it blows me away just listening to it. As with Smash, ooooo in Q's position I would've lost so, so fast

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:20 pm

Well yeah obviously I'd support this already being over given I'm the host of the game that's serving as the historical precendent here, game 15 (Q may have appeared to be in charge at the time but I was the one who made that call when td asked what would happen if it was just him and Relm alive). I can see the case for not stopping instatly at a majoirty of 3 or 4 but when you get down to one powers really shouldn't matter. Only reason I really take this side is serial killers, taking powers into account suddenly they can't win if they leave a driver, or a vig, or a doublevoter, or a bomb, or a blocker, or a doctor and so on. Still ultimately this is Raya's call, I'd totally disagree with it myself and just end the game now but still, host gets the final word.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:15 pm

Once again, Raya, you have my apologies here. It's your choice, and I'll stand by what you pick; I didn't want this to escalate, intended to just post my opinion. This is your call, don't think I take it personally.

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Maybe a mod could lock this until Raya's done with the night phase post?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Or delete everything since Night 10 started. That would work as well, I'd rather see this just stop, I've been headdesking at myself so hard since this turned into an actual argument.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top