I was Mafia last couple of games.

LOGIC.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 17: Dark Before The Dawn- Night 10- FINALE

Post  Requiem on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Games 11, 12, and 13 you voted as a Townie on day one. You hosted game 14. Game 15 Everybody was mafia/cult/whateverfuckingnonsense.

So in the last 5 games you've played in, three of them you've been a townie, and in all of them you've voted somebody. Then suddenly this game you decide not to vote on Day One. I'll admit, even as a mafian you vote on Day One, but your behavior for the last phase just seems to just scream mafian to me (Well not scream, but kind of ya know... like shout). Aside from your unusual vote, your posts have been nonsense. There's nothing to them at all. No analysis of any sort, no attempts at finding any mafians, nothing. That is why I think you're a mafian.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:10 pm

He said somewhere in skype something along the lines of he was not going to try in mafia if I recall correctly. Though I am not sure if it was just for Avos game or for however many. Going to need to try to find where and what exactly he said.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

IF you are going to try and deduct my affiliation based off my difference to previous play styles, you already lost.

I'm not stupid. I play differently. I don't always need to be an idiot and start things off with a kill.

Sometimes it is good to vote someone and see how they react. Sometimes it pays to just push on someone and get them killed. Sometimes it helps to not vote for anyone at all, and not take too much attention the next night phase.

Vote: Requiem

For being a bit of a daft twit.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:27 pm

I find it weird that everyone always votes for the people that are actually talking.

Vote: Minby

just until he lets us know what he thought of how the night phase has panned out.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:17 am

Because vocal people are much easier to get on possible slips I imagine Avos. It's basic logic. Of course its par for the course that people get paranoia and start interpretating things the wrong way. That is the game.

Still, quiet people, speak your minds for a second. I myself feel very inclined to vote Viero.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:25 am

Going at the active people is no way to deduce who is scum and who isn't. If i recall correctly, TJ survived a game for quite long by not posting like, at all while being mafian.

Anyway, seeing as Sah got killed, there was a bus, or a mix-up. Someone targeted Snake, Raya, Q, Avalanche w/e, and ended up killing Sah.

Mafia is Generals, and maybe some other NPCs, but i'm not sure every player character is a townie. Q could function as a reversed traitor, or a usurper/surviver role, and Snake's role is obviously the jester /shot.

As for leads, i got nothing. Nothing at all. Which sucks. I'm all for voting, but not without a lead or grudge, so i'm withholding my vote for later. Paying close attention to the thread now though.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:38 am

I have been trying to talk more this game and I think I have been compared to other games I have been in. Yes I could more posts and I will try to work on that as the game goes on and try to get better as this is a big problem for me in mafia regardless of who I am with.

I went through the game 2 times just now trying to find something. But everything that I noticed has been brought up already and since I only have a few minutes to type this post I am not going to be able to coming up with anything to really say other then what is already in this post. So I am going to be thinking of something that I could comment on that no one else has said or say something of note throughout the day and when I think of something I will post it here at lunch or when I get home.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:43 am

It's my critique week (sortof like midterms but artsy) for school, so i can't really afford to dive too much into this at the moment. I'll be good after 3 more days.
From what im reading, requiem is being the person putting the most actual effort in the game, reviewing old games and everything. And frankly... Snake never really struck me much of a person that uses alot of different playstyle. More like the "why change a winning team" kind of guy, also judged on his many proclamations of "how mafia works" regarding who has to die first and who would be main targets.
While I would normally not really choose to act on such a thing, at the moment its the thing closest to a legit accusation around.
That combined with Surgepox's point earlier, it's the most shit we got against anyone right now.
All the other votes are currently being placed for someone being a "daft twit" and one just completely random vote for an inactive.

I'm gonna throw a Vote: Snake for that bit, and see what happens. I doubt much since Snake has most of you players wrapped around his finger.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:59 am

If I had players wrapped around my finger, people would be voting Requiem.

If there is one thing I noticed, its that when I am town, the Mafia like to exaggerate the extent of my powers.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:05 am

StuckInABox wrote:I was Mafia last couple of games.

LOGIC.
Since when does voting no one mean you're not mafia and voting for someone mean you are? After, what, 16 games, that logic doesn't do it for me.

StuckInABox wrote:Sometimes it helps to not vote for anyone at all, and not take too much attention the next night phase.
However, this logic does.

And along with what you said, you really haven't done anything to wrap players around your finger. At this time though I don't think either you or Requiem looks scummy enough to warrant my vote.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 pm

On the topic of role speculations, the Heirophant himself could be our SK, perhaps with some condition to convert him to the town. Watch out for flavortext about frozen hearts and severed souls Razz Beyond that we have the Generals as obvious mafia choices, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Raya role has some sort of creative alignment due to whatever makes her go beserk, which she has hinted will play a bigger part in the future of the RP.

But for now, let's not distract ourselves with that. Speculation is helpful but it shouldn't distract us from matters at hand. A few points I'd like to bring up for the time being.

On TJ's survival, I have to disagree, Perry, for I don't find it too suspicious. I for one didn't vote TJ because I simply found that his reactions to everything thrown at him seemed to check out, not just because of the claim, because yes, anyone could make a claim of "valuable town role" in such a situation. I have a policy of only voting when a proper target arises, regardless of the number attached to the dayphase. It's possible many of the novoters here may have done similar--could have decided he wasn't that suspicious and backed off. And frankly while it is a little surprising that he lives to see day 2, I dunno if the mafia would go straight for TJ, simply because he'd be an obvious protection target, unless Avalanche is right and Nimisch is an unblockable. Thing is, and this might have been mentioned before, I could see them simply hoping for the lynch to get rid of TJ, given how close he was yesterday and how easily it would be to push attention onto him under the guise of being suspicious he's still alive, while concurrently going for someone else to throw everyone else off. Not going to ignore TJ, but I'm looking more at the people who fixate on him.

Next, I find it suspicious that Fedaykin would assume there's going to be a second nightkill before noticing the night hints, which were added after you made this post. Perhaps our games have tended to have extra killing roles to the extent where only one kill is surprising, but there was no reason to assume that a second killer attempted to strike until Raya posted the nighthints. You didn't speculate that there's no SK this game, you mentioned that the lack of a second kill was odd, as if you outright expected one. And on what you said yesterday about your playstyle, Fedaykin, aggressive and hostile are almost two sides of the same coin, though the latter is more malicious. Whichever you choose to call it, this is still a difference in style of play, which is never something to ignore.

On that note, Snake, you shouldn't be condemning Requiem for voting based on past evidence. It's a solid enough lead, though I agree he jumped the gun. The fact that he voted you for a change in playstyle and in voting pattern doesn't feel like adequate grounds for voting. And Req is right on one thing, your posts so far have been largely flippant, quite in line with how you played last game, though it could be more due to apathy than anything else.

Finally, FOS: Viero. You've spent the majority, though not quite ALL, of your time talking about how you need to catch up on the thread, how you need to read the source material, or other things about being clueless. I'm also a little skeptical of your reaction post when Avalanche gave you so little pressure, not even dropping a vote at you.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Sorry if I seemed inactive. I pretty much haven't been both home and conscious since the day post came up, so yeah.

In any case, TJ's claim of having a helpful power doesn't surprise me at all, because in our games, almost everyone tends to have a beneficial power, and when you've got a gun pointed at you, you're just trying to push it away for as long as possible. As for Snake, nothing he does will ever surprise me, and I'll never know how to read him. This early in the game, without anything seriously against him, I wouldn't want to lynch him just yet.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:13 pm

My reason for the light pressure I put on Viero was for diffrent reasons you just stated Q. It was something he said in the skype groupchat that didn't quite sit well with me. It is entirely possible that I am reading too far into it, but I have plenty of other suspisions to go around.

Avos in particular, attempting to open a early hunt on inactive players and Snake cause I can never read the guy. But I do know that usually by now he'd be firmly trying to take someone by the balls.

A lot of people are talking, which makes this game both much more enjoyable and paranoia enducing.

I am going with the gutfeeling I had and go with a vote on Viero

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:32 pm

Hmmm... I agree with what everyone's said about Viero- I'm not going to vote on him yet, but I'm definitely watching his actions a little more closely now...

And then there's Snake. He's very... idk. Passive? I guess? He's not leading the scumhunt like he usually is... Then again, it's not like he's the only one allowed to. I don't really think snake is that much of a problem right now...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:08 pm

@Q: I give that kinda response a lot. Both in and out of game and in both town and mafia roles.

@Roy: What did I say over skype to make you suspicious? I ask because this early on I have barely said anything on the matter. And the stuff that I have said were observations. Along with not seeing anything big in the chat that stands out to me.

Though what I did see was Ryan saying he was going to try to play this game with no bullshitting. And him acting like this really does not sit well with no explanation does not sit well for me.

Other then that and what I already said in this post. I have nothing. I went over and over the game so far trying to find something not brought up. I started at 3, it is now 7 and I found nothing. >_>

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:33 pm

I still don't quite understand what I did that was scummy.

I didn't vote for anyone on day one.

The Majority of people didn't vote anyone on day one.

If you are basing my guilt on my not voting for TheTJ, when theTJ isn't even a confirmed Mafian....

I cast the biggest fucking FOS on you the world has ever seen.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 pm

i did not not say it was because you voted for no one. It was because you have been acting very strange with how you been wording your post. They seem different somehow as apposed to your other posts in previous games and it just does not sit with me.

After thinking it through some more. I am going to go with VOTE: Ryan

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Night falls in 16 hours. Only 6 votes have been cast, so please get your votes in quickly!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:07 pm

vote: TJ

Why?

Well, partially because of grudge voting... And partially because it'll provide at least a glimmer of insight into Snake's alignment. Maybe.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:27 pm

StuckInABox wrote:If you are basing my guilt on my not voting for TheTJ, when theTJ isn't even a confirmed Mafian....
The problem wasn't that he was a "confirmed" anything, it's that he acted scummy as fuck under pressure (Darn it... I'm Townie Okay!? Look, I don't think I have EVER made a claim like this a turned out to have been lying., tried to roleclaim as something valuable to the town in a really vague way, without revealing anything, just saying "you guys gotta believe me", and you guys just ate that shit right up.
For townies, you guys sure have a lot of loyalty.

Vote:Snake
BFFoS: TJ
and FoS: Quaetam
If you boil down the relevant parts of his analysis, it comes down to
-TJ is not scummy at all because I believe him, and if the mafia doesn't kill him, it's because he's suspicious.
-Everyone who is pressuring TJ is scummy
-Snake especially is not scummy, ignore him

If I had three votes, they'd be pointed at you three hombres.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:43 pm

I get the whole "If TJ isn't maf, he's so suspicious, they'd want to keep him around" view, but some of the other things, like what Surge just said, are still a little strange. I mean, I don't think Q is maf, but he seems like he's playing a little off. And like I said before, I still don't know what to think about Snake. I'm going to hold my vote a little longer because I don't think we should no-lynch today, but I'm still not sure who I would target.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:55 pm

I really wanna vote for you Viero, but while you seem to be giving vague posts (which is my job) TJ really has buried himself by being way too over defensive.

Vote: The TJ

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Sheesh, Q, why is expecting a second nightkill suspicious at all? The only game I remember without a SK was Weldar's, who had quite a few mafias to compensate. So yes, I did expect one. And if you are trying to imply, that I expect one, because I am having a nightkilling power, then you don't really know me. Being more aggressive doesn't make me stupid. Also I can't shake the feeling, that you are trying to build a case against me.

Snake does look a little passive, but nah, not really suspicious. Viero said a lot of nothing. td's reasoning for voting TJ makes me scratch my head a little, though lynching him might give some insight indeed. Also being overly defensive, well yeah, he is on the chopping block. Fine reason for wanting to save his own ass.

I'll think a little more about this(need to get to work). Right now, I'm torn between Q, Viero and TJ.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:50 pm

Ok ok all of these votes on me, I can't handle the pressure.

I am Mafia. Godfather, in fact. You all got me! Good game.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top