Nintendo Network

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nintendo Network

Post  TD260 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:01 pm

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2012/01/iwata-drops-plans-for-nintendo-network-dlc-user-accounts-and-more.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zeldainformer+%28ZeldaInformer+News+Feed%29

I'm excited.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nintendo Network

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:36 am

Downloadable levels for mario.

I was talking to a friend not to long ago about how they should do this very thing.

I am going to love the Wii U and 3DS even more when it becomes available.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:47 pm

This stuff should have already happened IMO.

Downloadable Mario levels? Yes, that would be great. But even BETTER would be DLC for the Smash Bros 3DS. I'm not talking about levels, I want them to make new characters as DLC. If they do, they better not be copies.

I'm glad they are doing more in terms of online things but even then, they need to step it up for Wii U. It should AT LEAST be as good as PSN.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:02 pm

That was just an example of what they would do. I have no doubt they would add in new characters.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:45 pm

For SSB-3DS I could see a core cast of fifty with some of the Uber niche characters like Geno/Vaati/Wart/lil'mac as DLC. I hope that I could play with a DLC character against someone who doesn't.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Jesus DRTJR you ask for too much.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 pm

If you were referring to the 50 character roster then In SSB for the N64 there were 12 characters, in SSBM there were 25, and in SSBB there were 35, the production team will be assembled after Kid Icerous is released, and they aren't going to rush the project so a 15 character leap isn't out of the realm of posibities.

If you were referring the DLC characters being more niche/obscure character like a Vaati/Roy/Geno, I find the far more niche characters and maps become DLC in fighting games.

If you were referring to the Play online against some one who has not yet purchased the DLC with a DLC, In fighting games that should be a LAW! that you don't need have your friends buy the DLC because it has Ayla as a playable character.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:48 pm

Vaati will never be a playable charactewr in brawl.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:50 pm

That's true, but maybe one of the later Smash Brothers.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Don't forget that they will be (Kid Icarus just went gold, there's no way there is anything done yet) working on 2 versions. One for 3DS, one for Wii U.

I'd see a 20/20 roster, with both versions having some exclusive characters the other version won't have. And of course, it's pretty obvious DLC stages, musics and characters will happen.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Truthfully, if they include Geno then I don't care about anything else.

I just really want him in one of these games.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Bugman wrote:I'd see a 20/20 roster.

Erf, I hope not. That would be disappointing after Melee's and Brawl's roster. Hell, with just 20 they'd have to cut out so many popular characters. I don't mean popular because they're strong, but because they like the character as a character.

We can more then likely safely assume that the original cast of SSB64 would make it, so that's 12/20 right there. The clones would probably go, so Falco/Wolf/Toon Link/Ganon are chop candidates. Sonic and Snake would probably go away, being 3rd party characters. ROB and G&W are pretty obscure characters, so they would probably go. Olimar would probably leave to, and since they already have Samus they could scrap ZSS. Diddy would probably get chopped, Ice Climbers, etc.

But let's say that they keep the original twelve, I highly doubt they'd get rid of their flagship series' characters. So add to that count Peach, Bowser, Zelda, Ganon, that boosts it to 16. HAL makes SSB, so they would probably keep D3 and MK, that's 18. Chances are they'd keep Lucario and Pokemon Trainer, considering how big Pokemon is.

Those predictions could very easily be wrong, mind you, but you get what I'm saying. With how the series has evolved, only 20 characters would make the players feel restricted. I know I felt shafted after getting my MvC2 team gutted when MvC3 came out. Sakura and Psylocke left, and I have to pay extra to get Jill, who doesn't even play the same. Yea.

Last edited by Relmitos on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 pm

I am a staunch believer that they should not cut a single character from SSBB, that they should reinstate the four cut characters from melee and add more characters like the new Lord from the New Fire Emblem game, and a star fox character (Probably peppy), a Mario character, two Zelda character(Probably Ghirahim from skyward sword, and I hope Vaati), An odd ball like Snake was, some characters clawing their way back from oblivion.

Although My Pipe Dream is that The game is sold with 12 characters for $20 and the for five dollars you can buy a pack of four Characters. Each Franchise has a pack and you can by the packs, Like the Zelda Pack With Ganondorf, Vaati, Zelda, and Toon Link. or the Fire Emblem Pack with Roy, Hector, Sigurd, and Marth.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 pm

DRTJR wrote: Zelda Pack With Ganondorf, Vaati, Zelda, and Toon Link.

But I don't WANNA buy characters in a game that I've gotten for free in the last two games in the series! Razz

EDIT: Do agree that I'd like them to not remove characters, though. Definitely.

Last edited by Relmitos on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:42 pm

If they are going to keep characters like Falco, and Wolf, then at least make them stand out on their own.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:10 am

Bugman wrote:Don't forget that they will be (Kid Icarus just went gold, there's no way there is anything done yet) working on 2 versions. One for 3DS, one for Wii U.

Don't forget about Pikmin 2. After that they had said that they will start working on it.

DRTJR wrote: Although My Pipe Dream is that The game is sold with 12 characters for $20 and the for five dollars you can buy a pack of four Characters. Each Franchise has a pack and you can by the packs, Like the Zelda Pack With Ganondorf, Vaati, Zelda, and Toon Link. or the Fire Emblem Pack with Roy, Hector, Sigurd, and Marth.

$50 at the least($40 for 3DS version) standard price, no taking out the characters from brawl that should be in there at the start and make us pay more for it because that would be bullshit, individual character DLC so we are not forced to buy characters we do not want like Hector and Sigurd for me and make it free DLC characters for a very limited time and then after a certain time period start charging a dollar for it. That way it will reward the big fans while people who get the game later will need to pay the dollar so Nintendo still sees money from it. So a big part of the fan base and Nintendo both win.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 am

DRTJR wrote:Although My Pipe Dream is that The game is sold with 12 characters for $20 and the for five dollars you can buy a pack of four Characters.
So it's buy 12 for $20 means or three packs of four $15?

Also, at the suggestion of the Wii version and 3DS version having exclusive characters, screw that. I don't want to buy two versions of the game.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:16 pm

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:
Bugman wrote:Don't forget that they will be (Kid Icarus just went gold, there's no way there is anything done yet) working on 2 versions. One for 3DS, one for Wii U.

Don't forget about Pikmin 2. After that they had said that they will start working on it.

The hell are you talking about?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:08 pm

I do not know where it went but I saw somewhere that Miyamoto I believe said once they get done with Kid Icarus that they will focus on Pikmin 3 and then the new Smash Bros game. I could have sworn I heard it during E3 as well.

Also Kid Icarus comes out March 23rd. Very Happy

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Miyamoto never said anything about working on Pikmin 3 after Kid Icarus was done. That only concerns Smash Bros.

They are currently working on it. It will probably be a launch title for Wii U.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:46 pm

I don't have the quote handy, but I do recall a statement that DLC would not include things that would be expected from the core gameplay... So DLC characters for smashbros is unlikely.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top