Let's play Kaizo Mario 64!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's play Kaizo Mario 64!

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 am

Alright then, Kaizo Mario 64. For those of you who are not aware of what the difference between a normal Mario game and a Kaizo Mario game, Kaizo is made to punish players by making things incredibly hard. Example:

That stage was a bitch, eventually managed to do it though.

Anyways, it came to my attention that there's a Kaizo Mario 64 hack out there. Now, Mario 64 is one of my favorites, and loving a good challenge, I jumped right on that. This first video might not seem very hard, but it's the first stage, what did you expect? It'll get harder I'm sure. I also blow through the Castle Courtyard quickly because I fiddled around with it before recording it to make sure it actually worked, so I knew what to do ahead of time. That being said, ONWARD!

WARNING

I don't know why, but after I fraps'd the video it came out really, really loud (or it is for me, at least). I suggest you turn the volume on it down, very very low. Don't say I didn't warn you.

If you like it, post something saying such. If enough people do, I'll record my adventure through hell and upload it for everyone to see/laugh at my expense. (Also: I will be using save states; taking on a Kaizo hack without one is nothing short of suicide. Hell, the guy that made the hack tells you "Use save states often".)

Last edited by Relmitos on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's play Kaizo Mario 64!

Post  nn8n on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:55 am

It doesn't seem too difficult so far, I mean Chain Chomps can be gotten rid of making the boss just as easy to defeat...unless you just wanted to show what the challenge is supposed to be like.

I always enjoy seeing peoples playthrough, whatever it may be and support seeing more!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:54 am

Heh, if you go through with this and post the videos it will probably get me back into the Digimon World LP.

I am horrible with getting back into something after missing date of it (due to being sick I did not feel like doing it one weekend) And hopefully seeing a LP by a friend will get me back into the mood.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Avos Me Lardo wrote:It doesn't seem too difficult so far, I mean Chain Chomps can be gotten rid of making the boss just as easy to defeat...unless you just wanted to show what the challenge is supposed to be like.

I always enjoy seeing peoples playthrough, whatever it may be and support seeing more!

Not quite sure how your supposed to pound the chaim chomp posts into the ground without getting eaten though. Suppose it's possible I guess.

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:Heh, if you go through with this and post the videos it will probably get me back into the Digimon World LP.

I am horrible with getting back into something after missing date of it (due to being sick I did not feel like doing it one weekend) And hopefully seeing a LP by a friend will get me back into the mood.

Let's do it then. I'm sure there are people that will watch it if I post it anyways. Going work on round two then. I won't be promising videos to be posted by X date though. Rolling with the Blizzard definition of Soon™ on this one.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:13 pm

I was also going to mention that when going for the 100 coin Star you'll probably have to run around those post for the 5 coins per post, but you'd have to do it before pounding it.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Well, I figured out WHY I can't/shouldn't try pounding chain chomp posts into the ground. Making a video right now, you'll see why.

EDIT: Actually, I think what happened wasn't the chomps fault. Some hacks cause the emulator to screw up and I think that's what happened.

Also; Red Coins are the bane of my existance. It's gonna suck in the later stages, was a bit of a pain in Chain Chomp Battlefield, and that's the first one.

Videos coming, but they're going to take forever to host, sooooo yea.

EDIT2: Looking back at it, I think it actually was the chomps fault. When the game crashed because of the emulator, it actually crashed and didn't stay up like that.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:50 am

Double posting to say, video up. I expect to be doing that a lot, really.

Alright, three more stars down. First two were a cake walk, not much changed. Still easy to climb the mountain, third star was different but not bad. But the red coins, oh, the red coins. Gonna be the biggest pita, I can tell. Maybe not, because I haven't gotten to the real meat of the Kaizo hack. We'll see when I get to another stage. Do note, the game glitched out on me during the first video during the red coin hunt, so it doesn't go far. May as well stop watching the first one when it gets to the red coin part unless you really wanna see it for some strange reason.

Also; Yea, I know, some parts I mess up controlling Mario, like when I run around one of those swirling heart things. Controlling it with a playstation controller is odd though. No C-buttons, so I made the right stick a C-Stick like on a gamecube controller. It also lacks a convinient spot to drop the Z button. I just made that R2. So not THAT bad, but the joystick to move is really sensitive, so it's a bit clunky and the like.

That being said onward! Episodes will go in order from top to bottom.

Spoiler:

I did actually get that star at the end of the second one without the Chomp hitting me. It only ended because Fraps has a set time limit, and apparantly how high I set it was not high enough. Shouldn't happen in the future though, as I jacked up the time limit really, really high.

And that, as they say, is that.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:14 am

You know those times when you are watching something yelling "Higher! Higher!" even though you know they can't hear you...

Nice move on the 7th Red Coin! It would have taken me a while to have done that one!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:48 am

Relmitos wrote:I won't be promising videos to be posted by X date though. Rolling with the Blizzard definition of Soon™ on this one.

I am going to do this as well as to not have that happen again.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Avos Me Lardo wrote:You know those times when you are watching something yelling "Higher! Higher!" even though you know they can't hear you...

Nice move on the 7th Red Coin! It would have taken me a while to have done that one!

Yea, I know, I'm terrible at the cannons. Always have been. It's only worse now after that brain surgery with my short term memory being shot somewhat. Still works, but not the best. Makes it hard to remember where exactly I shot last time.

As for that 7th coin, I got lucky. If you didn't notice, when I hit a save state, the game and music skip for a second for it to save it. I hit a save state right before doing that, absolutely surprised I got that in one attempt.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Alright, here's another one. I would've had more then one but where I'm at currently, the internet is pretty shoddy. I'm lucky to have gotten one up. But fear not! I'll get the next two hosted as soon as I can, and you wanted hard? You got it. Took me at least 25 minutes to get past the secret slide. I'll probably have those videos up Monday.

Also; I hate precision cannon shooting, I really do. So, here's the one I actually do have uploaded.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:01 pm

So, like, I've found the first of many hard parts yet to come. This video shows where it's REALLY gonna get rough. I'm busy uploading the second part to it, but the first will have to do for now. Enjoy episode 5.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:30 am

The sequel to hell's slide, otherwise known as the Princess' Secret Slide.

Spoiler:
Mario gets a concussion at 2:40

I get Mario to bang his head against the wall at 4:10, basically just to go, effff, SO CLOSE

Kill stealing bastard at 9:00

I don't know how that happened at 14:00

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:32 am

Next episode. I lied about being done with the slide, I KNEW there was gonna be a second star in there somewhere, and I found it. Problem is......well, you'll see. This one isn't very long, as it was fairly easy compared to the rest of that slide.

Spoiler:
I have no idea how I actually got the star, you'll see what I mean

Also, I've gotten requests/suggestions that I start adding commentary to these videos. Viero suggested it, Smash said commentary makes it more amusing, a few other things.

Point being, yay or nay? Discuss.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 am

I still will watch all these, but it doesn't matter to me really as the pathetic computer I have at the moment doesn't have a sound card. It will give me a reason to re-watch them later when I am able to get to a computer with sound though!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:23 am

I'd still watch them without commentary, but I think they'd be even better with.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Well, here goes. Hopefully my voice and commentary doesn't make you go /killself /killself /killself. I sound so different then what I think I do when I talk, after listening to this recording.

Going to have to ignore the derp around 7 seconds in. Was rather nervous when I was doing it, soooo my counting skill failed me on that one. Suppose I could've said more, but whatever.

Also, I THINK I've fixed the volume problem. PITA to fix it, buuuut it worked. I'd still start the volume low just in case it doesn't though.

That being said, hopefully you enjoy it with the commentary. If not, I'll just make that stop right there and leave it at that. On to part 8.

While I'm thinking about it, did that fix the volume for everyone?

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:12 am

I can't imagine what your high score would have been if you took the time to get all the coins in that level! Lots of post to go around!

"It's a trap!" Razz

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Found a comp with a sound card of some kind then, I take it? Yea, I channeled my "inner-Ackbar" on that one.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Haven't forgotten about this, I've just been busy. I've got just one episode, busy editing and hosting the second, and the third? Well......eff. I spent a whole HOUR on the Atop the Tower star in the fortress. Unfortunately FRAPS decided it didn't want to record it so I don't have the many attempts at doing it. I'll go and do it again just so you can see it and go "wth?", but since I know how to do it now it won't be nearly as bad. Shouldn't be anyways. Be back later with second video. Also; I did learn something. Don't keep my voice recorder right next to where I'm holding the controller. That's what the clicking is.

Ignore my comments around 5 minutes and 10 minutes. Shortly after I finished getting both stars I went "oh yea.....I remember where that star in the box was now."

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:33 pm

And here's the other

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:39 am

And last one for now. This is what I believe to be THE most wtf video so far. Slide was tough, sure, that star in the red switch tower was a bit of a pain, but this one? Those have nothing on how long it took me to do this. What you see in it is what I learned how to do and just showing it so you don't have to sit through the hour or so it took me to figure it out the first time.

I *STILL* don't have the star that I originally crawled my way up there to get, mind you.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Spoiler:
Relmitos wrote:And here's the other

Did you know there is a warp in this area? I mean it's totally impressive that you made the jumps and I wouldn't have thought of having to jump that way... Great playing either way!

Spoiler:
Relmitos wrote:And last one for now. This is what I believe to be THE most wtf video so far. Slide was tough, sure, that star in the red switch tower was a bit of a pain, but this one? Those have nothing on how long it took me to do this. What you see in it is what I learned how to do and just showing it so you don't have to sit through the hour or so it took me to figure it out the first time.

I *STILL* don't have the star that I originally crawled my way up there to get, mind you.

I give you thumbs up on the getting hit by the fire and still making it over those jumps! Man I wish I had the ability to play this it looks awesome!

I'll be able to re-watch them this Sunday to hear the comments when I go for laundry at my parents place! Looking forward to it!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:11 am

Next one's up, hot off the iron. Must get more diligent about making these.

Yes, yes, I know. I screwed up the editing so my voice isn't exactly easy to hear. That, coupled with trying to not wake sister up, meant that not much was said, and what was said is not very loud. Deal with it Cool

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:45 am

Watching through this whole thing now; had seen parts before. Wanted to mention Episode 5 as a brief hilarious moment-you beat that Chain chomp's Treasure star in like 30 seconds. CLEARLY Kaizo hard Razz

Then I saw the slide.....

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top