TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Smashy B on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Travelers often spoke of Bohemia for its growth; how so much would change between visits. What was once a small village by the coast had expanded to being vastly populated port city. Bohemia was a home for many Pokemon, and a prime trade outpost for many merchants. The city offered opportunity, the pursuit of good fortune, the chance for a good life.

Then the calamity struck.

The ground shook, tearing apart buildings and structures at their foundation. A tidal wave destroyed the docks and flooded areas near the coast. A dark, supernatural energy supernatural swept through the city, pushing anything and everything aside like wind blowing dust. With no preemptive warning signs, panic-stricken Pokemon fled in whichever direction looked safest. Many of them died running.

When it was over, the city lay in ruin. Some survivors of the attack chose to flee to the closest town. Many stayed, some choosing to try to pick their life up from the pieces. Some had nowhere else to go. Others stayed seeking vengeance.

Rumor spread that the calamity was cause by a group that lived in the city. Since then, it became hard for any Pokemon to trust another for fear of any ulterior motives. Rumor also has it, they are still in the city. Still there to finish what they started.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.


Welcome to TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations 2! Because I am so creative with titles

This game theme is (very loosely) based on Pokemon. The mystery dungeon-ish world is set in some place I made up one night while I was high writing all the character bios. A group of 21 Pokemon remain in some destroyed part of this Arceus-forsaken town knowing that some of them are not to be trusted. Some are EVIL will DESTROY those innocent.

    Notes on the game:
  • There is not an evolution mechanic in place like before.
  • Pokemon were randomly assigned to their given roles. (Much like the players.)
  • The Pokemon selected to use were randomly picked using random.org from 1 to 649, with the number corresponding to a Pokemon's dex entry. This is because I was mad that I got caught faking a role claim last game.
  • Exception is that there are no legendary Pokemon.
  • There is no set story, and I'm pretty much winging all narration. If you tl;dr the phase posts, I will not be upset.
  • End of phase time is subject to change (Not sure what my work hours are). Nightphases will be 48 hours.

    Rules:
  • Unless otherwise specified, you may send 3 PM's per day phase, none at night.
  • Regarding PM's please forward me a copy of every PM you send
  • Please don't go asking for a mass roleclaim. I will smite you.
  • Dead cannot talk. Gee, I wonder why.
  • Ties will result in a no lynch. Should this event occur, the two players in the tie will have the hated townie stigma on them the next dayphase, meaning that it will take one less vote to lynch them (or they already have a vote on them the next day... either way of thinking works I spose).

    What can get you modkilled:
  • Asking for a mass roleclaim.
  • Consistently not forwarding PM's to me.
  • Being inactive.
  • If caught abusing PM's.
    Please note that I will use my discretion where applicable.


Player List:
1. SurgePox (Mafia)
2. Doctor (Town)
3. Avos (Mafia)
4. Requiem (Brotherhood)

5. Minby
6. DRTJR (SK)
7. TD260 (Town)
8. Weldar (Town)
9. Raya (Brotherhood)

10. Fedaykin (Mafia)
11. Quaetam (Town)
12. Relmitos (Mafia)
13. DarkFalco (Town)
14. Viero (Brotherhood)

15. JGH27 Perry (Mafia)
16. Sahrimnir (Jester)
17. Avalanche (Brotherhood)
18. SnakeInABox (SK)
19. hudsonboy111 (Town)
20. Eisen (Town)

21. Warchamp7 (Self)

Oh yeah, first day ends March 19th 2:00pm PST.

Day 1 Sahrimnir was lynched; Won for being Jester
Night 1 Requiem and Avos were killed

Day 2 Weldar died, (then later) Quaetam was killed and the lynch was tied
Night 2 DarkFalco was killed

Day 3 Relmitos was lynched
Night 3 hudsonboy111 and The Doctor were killed.

Day 4 SurgePox was lynched
Night 4 Raya and Snake were killed

Day 5 Warchamp was lynched
Night 5 Eisen was killed

Day 6 No one was lynched
Night 6 Fedaykin was killed

Day 7 Perry was lynched
Night 7 No one was killed.

Day 8 Avalanche was lynched
Night 8 Viero was killed

Day 9 DRTJR and TD260 were both lynched. The town wins!


Last edited by smashbro on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:14 am; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : night 6 stuff)

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Vote: DF Welcome back!

First Vote! WOO!

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:21 pm

First person to vote is always scum. Vote:Req

Good job guys, I think we win now.

But seriously... Unvote:Req
Gonna be interesting hearing the fake roles that Mafians spit out.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Actually, Minby. Until we get a better lead, I'm going to go with what you jokingly suggested.

Vote: Requiem

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

Posts : 1112
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 27
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Avalanche on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:09 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:
Gonna be interesting hearing the fake roles that Mafians spit out.

Avalanche Avalanche

there are only like....600 or so?

I mean....Avalanche.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  DRTJR on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:30 pm

VOTE:RAYA

Okay now that I have that out of my system. Let's not lynch somebody on day one, we'll just be killing a townie, again.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:31 pm

It will indeed be interesting, but I have to say, it's not something we should worry about too much: the style of town play I advocated last game, even though I used it to my advantage for the comeback win, is what I stand by here--We should focus less on the role name claims, and more on how the people involved actually play, ESPECIALLY when the host himself said they're randomly assigned to powers and thus have no correlation. The exception, of course, is counterclaims... ...though wouldn't that be nasty if smash put in two Bulbasaurs or similar Razz

And DRTJR, I lolled :3

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Relmitos on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:37 pm

The whole point to making the roles random, out of a huge pool of possibilities, would be so that people wouldn't have the same role. As Smash stated himself, he is rather irked about getting hung due to his assigned role, basically. I kinda doubt he allowed two people to have the same pokemon.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TD260 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:50 pm

this is probably going to be a game of randomness. Like, for example, in minby's game, the geodude was a bodyguard. Makes sense, because they have high defense.

In this game, we're probably going to end up with a sunkern bodyguard.

and then we get screwed over.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Warchamp7 on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Vote: Lemmings

Taking care of the problems right off the bat

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2025
Join date : 2009-04-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:39 pm

You know what. Thinking about it... Unvote: DF
Vote: Q


Manipulative bastard got me lynched. 'Course, I could vote for TD or J for going along with it, but I'm not that petty. Q's just too hard to read. Also, I'm still rather annoyed at him.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:41 pm

The randomizing of titles is less about the issue of two people having the same character, more about eliminating character claiming as a plausible, easy way to break the game. Last game the town almost won off a massclaim mostly due to the character names people claimed-all the active playes were townie, the Nameless Army was hostile. By making character name and power completely unrelated, smash eliminated that issue. Any pokemon can have virtually any power. My advice: don't get hung up on this.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  nn8n on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:58 pm

I am totally up for how smash is running this one. Him and I probably had been the most upset with the roleclaiming last game. Nothing major I just understand why the format came about.

I can actually agree with Q that we really need to look at how people play rather than their claims. But even those can be looked at as how they play also.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 833
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 36
Location : nn8n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Fedaykin on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:57 pm

3am grudgevote!

Vote:Eisen

You killed me last game :C

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Weldar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:13 pm

DRTJR wrote:

Okay now that I have that out of my system. Let's not lynch somebody on day one, we'll just be killing a townie, again.

Vote: DRTJR

I am so sick of this dicussion. No lynching day 1 just throws the day away and hands the mafia a free kill. Sure we're more likely to hit a townie than a mafia, but the same is true of every single day, if you're more likely to hit a mafian they have majoirty and we'v already lost. Sure some later days will have info but usually not the first couple and just sitting around on your ass and waiting for that is a horrible srategy.

And yeah i'm the guy who was breaking the system last game, I definitely have a problem with it. All that smash has done here is made the flavour 100% irrelevant, he could have just named us all a random number between 1 and 649 for an identical effect. Simply means that if you're going to claim it's only the power part of your claim that's important. Judge based off powers and actions, nothing else.

_________________

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:22 pm

Weldar has got a good point.

Unvote: Requiem

Vote: DRTJR

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

Posts : 1112
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 27
Location : Sweden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  nn8n on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:39 pm

All going after DRTJR is going to do is get him all stressed and mopey about being the first to get killed again. Although he stayed a while in the last game so I guess it can be up in the air.

As much as I'd love to grudge Q, the likelihood of him being mafia twice is unlikely, so until he gets caught or does something that puts him too much in control we shouldn't lose his insightfulness.

Eisen and Weldar are the one's that have the greatest percentage of being mafia/evil in a row. Not trying to say anything just bringing it up. Weldar not being mafia, and Eisen being one last game.

Oh well, Day 1 is always about past games right? Or am I going in a bad direction?

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 833
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 36
Location : nn8n

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Weldar on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:07 pm

......Oh my god. Avos you are not serious, please tell me you are not serious.

Your logic in that last post. It is wrong, 100% fundamentally wrong. Maths does not work that way. You are using what is called gambler's fallacy, people's affiliations in past game have absolutely 0 effect on thier affliation in the next. Everyone has the exact same odds of being mafia in this game X/21, where X is the number of mafians in this game, past games do nothing to effect those odds (assuming the host doesn't rig the rolls which no host should). I know this better than anyone, I've played every game here I was a townie game 1, I wasn't a townie again until game 9 (though there was a break as I hosted game 3). The odds of a long streak are technically low but the odds of each individul game remain the same. The odds of flipping 10 heads in a row is 1/1024, the odds of flipping a 10th heads after flipping 9 heads is 1/2, the math works the same here.

You know what unvote, Vote: Avos

I'm still against day 1 no lynches and I'm still going to continue to attack anyone who pushes for them (I never claimed to have any good reason to vote DRTJR I've just made it my mission to do everything I can to wipe out the day 1 no lynchin attitude) but your logic there was just so mind numbingly wrong and stupid I just have to vote you for it, seriously man.

_________________

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:21 pm

Weldar, to bolster your point here, I've played in every game here, save the two I hosted, and have been Mafia exactly once. Yeah, trying to pick out someone being town or mafia based on last game is complete bull.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2959
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  DRTJR on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Weldar wrote:
DRTJR wrote:

Okay now that I have that out of my system. Let's not lynch somebody on day one, we'll just be killing a townie, again.

Vote: DRTJR

I am so sick of this dicussion. No lynching day 1 just throws the day away and hands the mafia a free kill. Sure we're more likely to hit a townie than a mafia, but the same is true of every single day, if you're more likely to hit a mafian they have majoirty and we'v already lost. Sure some later days will have info but usually not the first couple and just sitting around on your ass and waiting for that is a horrible srategy.

And yeah i'm the guy who was breaking the system last game, I definitely have a problem with it. All that smash has done here is made the flavour 100% irrelevant, he could have just named us all a random number between 1 and 649 for an identical effect. Simply means that if you're going to claim it's only the power part of your claim that's important. Judge based off powers and actions, nothing else.
the fact I've been day one'd the most is irrelevant. The first day is Pure chance for a either a mafia/town/or third party. as such I do not support a day one lynch.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TheTJ on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:50 pm

DRTJR wrote:the fact I've been day one'd the most is irrelevant. The first day is Pure chance for a either a mafia/town/or third party. as such I do not support a day one lynch.

Here's where I disagree. Don't think of it in terms of how likely we are to hit a mafian, but rather in collecting data in voting records and reactions. I'll admit it's a bit hard to get the ball rolling on day one, but doing nothing is a bad decision if no one votes. Last game I pushed for a no-vote day one because my back was against the wall, I was innocent, and there was more than enough activity to look over for day two.

Your default playstyle should not be to go for a no vote because you're less likely to hit a mafian. Using that logic we shouldn't lynch until after we lose the game. I'd rather everyone voted and we end up hitting a townie than no one votes and we start day two with nothing to show for it.



TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Relmitos on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:06 pm

Avos Me Lardo wrote:
As much as I'd love to grudge Q, the likelihood of him being mafia twice is unlikely, so until he gets caught or does something that puts him too much in control we shouldn't lose his insightfulness.

Yea, because we all know Q is bad at this game and leaves trails that easily labels him as a bad guy. He's so bad at Mafia. /sarcasm.

As for a day 1 lynch, yea, ok, more then likely a townie lynch, but that's kind of what this game is. I remember one of the sites someone posted to show the rules about how to play mafia. Iirc, it said early on "It's a game where it's an uninformed many versus an informed few". Key to winning, is to get informed. Can generally insert what Weldar said here, because at this point it's just beating a dead horse.

Then we have this little insert.

TheTJ wrote: I'd rather everyone voted and we end up hitting a townie than no one votes and we start day two with nothing to show for it.[/color]

There's always a chance that the mafia kills an inactive so that we STILL have "no info" because we can't really glean anything from an inactive biting it. The mafia does this, and they go laughing all the way to the bank to cash it in.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TheTJ on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:18 pm

That's not what I meant by info.

Look, If everyone votes "No one", then it's night with no death. Day two starts and a townie gets killed. It is essentially like starting day one with one less townie. WORSE is the fact that a no vote makes exactly as much sense on day two as day one if no one votes or there's general inactivity.

OR.

If everyone votes semi-randomly, voting this way or that, and someone dies we'll have something to work on day two. We can ask why there may have been a bandwagon against one player but not another, we can question last minute votes if they result in a lynch, we will have SOMETHING to go on. It's not even that important that someone dies or doesn't die, just that people vote.

This stuff seems pretty simple.

We go over it every game.

WHY IS THIS NOT SIMPLE?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:21 pm

Because people are afraid of course! If you accidentally lynch a townie then you instantly get this foreboding feeling that you'll be next on the chopping block because of your vote. That's why I felt bad about Snake's death last game. I pushed for him, he died and ended up being a townie. I felt like that incriminated me and thus went into hyper-defensive mode. 'Course I'll still push a lynch on day one because I consider it wasteful not to take a chance.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Relmitos on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Let me clarify what I meant when I quoted you TJ, looking back at it I realize what I said was vague and didn't quite get across what I meant.

I agree with you, doing a no lynch means we learn nothing as no one getting hung means we don't have anything to look at as being suspicious, and then to boot, the mafia could just off an inactive so that we have as much of an idea of who we need to lynch as we did the previous day phase. That is, nothing.

That's what I meant, I wasn't trying to argue with you or say you weren't right.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 18 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum