TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:45 pm

I'm more inclined to say our kill against Avos had to be a Vig. No SK in their right mind would off someone that's going to get hung in the next day phase or so. A vig doing it simply saves the town from wasting a day lynching someone that everything knew he was acting really strange, as normal as that is for him. Req obviously got killed by either the mafia or an SK, as he wasn't likely to hang in the first place. Though....this jailor thing. Suppose it could just be flavor text, but that's some really weird flavor text. There was that suggestion about a poisoner possibly killing him, but as with the jailor, shouldn't it have been done in silence? I guess that means we do have a vig/maf/sk. That'll make the game go by quick.

As for this brotherhood, I'm more inclined to believe it's a mason group as opposed to a cult. It could be either way, granted, but brotherhood could really go both ways. Groups of monks are usually called brotherhoods, there's this one faction in WoW called the Thorium Brotherhood, and they're friendly to both the Horde and the Alliance. So yea. I'm thinking Masons myself.

Eisen, to answer your question about the cult, if I recall correctly, the cults are allowed to recruit a single member every night phase, like a mafia's kill and what not. They simply need to gain majority to win, as Surge said.



Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I don't want to put a lot of thought or effort into Mafia for a day or two. Sorry Smash.

With two Townies downed one night, I therefore don't feel right throwing a random vote.

Nor do I want to give anyone the satisfaction of a no lynch vote.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm actually inclined to believe the brotherhood is a cult rather then a mason group. A comparison to world of warcraft really doesn't convince me. The Brotherhood of mutants weren't all that friendly. How about the actual Brotherhood of Evil from the DC universe? Still, it can go both ways so it's difficult to tell whether or not we should or should not root for them.

It's strange how little information we've gotten, despite 3 people having died. Come on people, point fingers. Get the information comming in. Make a crackpot. It isn't difficult. Watch

Relmitos tried to (admittedly rather passivly) sway people to see the brotherhood as masons with that last post. If the brotherhood turns out a cult, that's exactly what they would want; to have people think they are masons. So if Brotherhood=cult; Relmitos=cultist?


It's a slow dayphase okay? Razz


Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TD260 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:49 pm

Could the cultist have been killed by trying to recruit a mafian?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Anyways, we have the reveal of a new faction, but unfortunately, it's really to early to scan Req's posts for connections with other players. Brotherhood is either a Mason or a Cult, we think, which leaves us a dilemna on how to pursue, by making a game table out of it makes the decision clear (to me):
-----
Brotherhood is cult, we don't exterminate:
Cult is free to grow and gain a majority, effectively wiping out the town faster than mafia can. Pretty much loss for the town.
----
Brotherhood is cult, we exterminate them:
Crisis averted, we manage to nail the cult leader early and stop the spread.
----
Brotherhood is masons, we don't exterminate them:
Town has a group of townie with the ability to exchange information, which is a good asset in keeping some townies aware and letting them sync actions.
----
Brotherhood is Masons, we exterminate:
We kill multiple townies. Town is in a worse position than if we'd pursued, but it isn't game over for town as long as we keep killing mafs as well.
-----

No, we don't have to work in absolutes, shifting our focus off of the mafia would be just as suicidal as letting a cult grow freely, but ignoring a potential cult is a very bad idea. We need to keep our eyes peeled, basically, for people who seem to have extra information and weird ties to each other. Also our cops and scanner roles better get freaking busy, there's a lot of baddies out there.

td wrote:Could the cultist have been killed by trying to recruit a mafian?
USUALLY, recruiting is exclusively the role of the cult leader. Also usually, when cult leader dies, his role is revealed. but, this game doesn't seem to have role reveals, so it's all a crapshoot. the flavor text suggests he was killed by mafs or sk or a killing entity, not that things blew up in his face. Basing accusations off flavor text is the last thing I like to do, but it doesn't sit right with me.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:19 pm

You guys remember game 6? This is exactly the kind of craze that lead to the town's downfall. We need to stay here, continue the scumhunt. A mason group would find a way to backchannel some info out to the public, while a cult would stay in the shadows. Also we don't even know, if there is recruiting going on. Hell, it could be another coalition for all we know.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3159
Join date : 2009-04-06
Age : 32
Location : Vienna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  DRTJR on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:43 pm

This is my last post til Monday so I will say this, we are probably going to end with a no vote so I will
VOTE:MENTOK
We know very little if any thing, from the combination of night kills and Jester lynch, We are going to run out of townies if we hang someone today.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Does anyone else find it odd that Weldar was just killed in the middle of the day? Smash said that he'd be unable to communicate, but why would he die out of the blue; that's just the same as killing him, only delayed by a day or so. And usually poisoned victims die the next night, not day phase, so all this is puzziling.

I'd try to analyze more, but I need some sleep to function well.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 727
Join date : 2010-04-29
Age : 19
Location : Earth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Smashy B on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am

The citizens had gathered at town hall to discuss the recent deaths of the previous night. The only problem with the discussion was that they were getting nowhere. Some spoke, but said nothing.

"Seriously?" a frustrated voice broke the silence. All eyes turned to focus on who spoke. He sat in the back of the town hall. You guys had quite the energy yesterday. Now I’m struggling to even get a word out of you." The only responses given were blank stares. "I guess this is what happens when two of the more vocal players from yesterday get killed off, but I wouldn’t expect it to be this quiet." The one who spoke rubbed a hand across the back of his head and then cracked his neck.

"Fine," he sighed. "I'll just turn back the clock a bit. Make this day longer. Give you lot some more time to talk." He walked towards the town hall entrance, threw open the doors, and with outstretched arms, he made the sunlight strong. The rays of sunlight shone with a great warmth of a summer’s day.

"There," he said dusting off his hands and turned around. "But I'm not done here," he said as he pulled out a 21-sided die. "Everyone one of you has a number. You might know what your number is. Whichever number I roll right now, that person dies." His crowed returned his monologue with the same blank expressions, and he eyed each face. He shook the die in his hand and let it roll.

8.

He pulled out his list of names. "Weldar."

Someone started to say, "Weldar di—"

"I know," he interrupted. "I guess that means you can all count yourself lucky today. But it’s a beautiful day for a lynch, so get talking! Night falls in 36 hours." He picked up his die, threw on a pair on pointed sunglasses, and left the town hall, leaving the citizens to their meeting.

A moment of silenced passed. Then someone asked, "Who the hell was that guy?"

Another asked, "Did that Squirtle just use Sunny Day?"

.:.:.:.:.:.

The day has been extended. Night falls in 36 hours on Saturday, March 24th at 1:00pm PST.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TD260 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 am

Honestly, let's just get the ball rolling. Avalanche made a joke defense of Avos last day phase. I know it was a joke and not serious, but quite frankly we've got noone else who seems suspicious at all and it was still defending a mafian.

It's stupid logic, I know, but you guys are the ones who keep saying that any lynch is better than no lynch.

Feel free to debunk my argument at any time, because I'd love to have a vote that has a more solid foundation.
Until then... Vote: Av

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Avalanche on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:31 am

Because obviously it's the perfect idea to defend a fellow mafian who is pretty much guaranteed to live trough the dayphase on account of the town lynching Sah for reasons that never were quite clear to me?

Honestly, I was more on the ball suggesting Relmitos is a cultist then your idea that I am a mafian.

You want a more solid reasoning? Here you go.

Mafians love bandwagons but will be reluctant to start one cause they are afraid to bring suspision on themselves. Ergo, everyone who voted Sahrimnir after Weldar has a decent chance of being a mafian. I am willing to bet at least 2 or 3 of the remaining eight are mafian.....1 or 2 now that Avos is dead.

Which leaves DRTJR, TD, Q, Darkfalco, Snake and Raya as possible suspects, on account of Requiem and Weldar being dead. DRTJR is being incredibly unhelpful with a vote on Mentok, making this his second gagvote in 2 dayphases (the first being the traditional vote Raya), and TD is casting a vote on me, possibly in a attempt to make me channel my rage again at a poorly reasoned vote, something he admits in his post.
The rest of the suspect list has posted little out of the ordinary.

So, because TD at least seems to try, I am going to vote DRTJR

There, I am a regular Dick Tracey.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:34 pm

You want text, smash? Here's some. I have to say, this game seems structured very similar to game 4. We've got a fool, we've got a mafia, we've probably got a SK, and probably a vigilante. I think it could be safe to speculate that there's a cult as well, maybe a lyncher, but that's not worth worrying about

.Oh, and a Yoshi-type role (freelancer kind of deal), smash's personal favorite... I would not be surprised at all if that's out there too. Make good use of your PMs, guys.

Anyways,

Suspicion time. I'm looking at a few people here.

The silence on the part of a number of people day 2 being what it is, I'm doing my best here, and some of these are a bit of a stretch, but I've touched on a couple who I think are prime suspects.

Quite frankly, the Weldar death makes me look at all those who kept insisting that was a jailor role, and in some cases still have. When the mafia has a creative power like that, one common, though suspicious, strategy mafians take is to lampshade that power, to continue to put emphasis on it when it's been used and distract everyone with speculation about it. Not to mention that depending how the said discussion plays out, plenty more options will be open to build off. So this gives me a good number of suspicions on its own, but I'll get to that in a bit.

First up, DRTJR, but Av already stated why. When DRTJR is mafia he has a habit of doing exactly this; placing meaningless votes to try to dissuade actually getting shit done, and insisting we have no leads even when plenty are present. I agree on the suspicions of him completely, but for now want to wait due to my other suspects.

Relmitos comes up next. I already mentioned I found him suspicious for the way he answered TJ's argument. That still stands, and now is compounded. You definitely clarified your point to TJ, but at the same time that post also talked about how you didn't want to look like you were starting an argument with him. THAT'S where I find it a bit awkward, not to mention that your response to my reaction test came long after I thought you'd decided to ignore it, and when everyone was overlooking it, and you were certainly active in the intervening period, though I understand that that alone doesn't mean much.

Also, there was also this one game we had, it had a faction called the Coalition. Coalition being a pact between allies, essentially. Yet they were not masons, they were revolutionaries who essentially became a second/third mafia (depends how you view the whole game). Outside info is not a good way to determine what an alignment name means. Speculating that the brotherhood are masons is one thing. Trying to 'prove' it using an argument largely centered on irrelevant outside info is another. You, bro. You suspicious.

FOS: Relmitos, however pointless these are I find they're a nice indicator for those who call me tl;dr

Finally, td260. So much, td.

The first dayphase you posted little, but with decent enough activity. What I really want to look at is your voting post. I mentioned that you were a little suspicious, you failed to answer that, and then made a rather extensive vote on Sahrimnir. Sah was suspicious, yes, but there are several things about this post that bothered me from the getgo. First, you lightly defended Avos here, mentioning that he was just being illogical, which != suspicious. While several people had done just that already, you've drawn my ire, because the second Avos flipped mafia you changed from saying his behavior wasn't scummy, just illogical, to saying that it was obvious. That doesn't fly with me.

Beyond that, your vote itself bothered me. You bandwagoned, as did many of the others, and the method in which you tried to explain your vote seemed preemptively defensive. Not just defensive--defensive without much to defend against. Nothing tangible there, really, but it kinda fits with everything else. Today, day 2, you're one of the people I mentioned earlier with the jailer thing. When people were speculating about whether or not it was a mafia poisoner or a jailer, you ignored that and fixated not only on it being a jailer, but going insofar as to continue that after Weldar died, saying 'why did the jailer have the kill'? As I said earlier mafians, when using a creative power like that, tend to try to create a distracting/misleading discussion to throw people off. I feel that's what you were doing here. That or you simply didn't read my wall where I pointed to this as a likely poisoner, not jailer, early on in the dayphase Sad

To top it all off, I really, really don't like this:

" ("@ Snake

In Avos' defense, he was the only one who actually joined me in my shouty crusade against Q. By that logic we'd be beter of voting TD.") -Av

Or not.
Not gonna stop you.
It's your choice.
But I'd really prefer not.
" -td260

It's a dramatizing, and slightly threatening, response to a very light suggestion of voting you. Nobody even cast one yet. There was one brief mention that you should be lynched, and you respond like that... Scummy, not condemning in and of itself, but when you combine it with everything else that's enough for me. Sure, you could be softclaiming a bomb role, but you're doing it in a way that would goad people to lynch you. Were you a town bomb, you wouldn't want to do it like that at all, since you haven't even been voted on/been a major lynch target. Saying 'ohey guys be careful, I'm be a bomb' is one of the older scum tricks out there, and it's made even scummier by the fact that you've pulled it without actual pressure.

Vote: td260

If nobody wants to follow this, Relmitos is the next best choice, followed by DRTJR. The only thing that keeps me worried about the td vote is the way he's playing right now, with his last couple posts, so this is tentative to change. I'm going to reread the first dayphase because I'm getting a nasty feeling that I'm missing something at the moment, and td's current behavior is making me doubt myself, but for now I'm placing it here.

Oh and VIERO. FUCKING POST.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

So far we have a vote against Av, DRTJR, Td... and Mentok.

It's been pretty quiet since day two started and most of the options from day one have been killed. The one I've found most suspicious so far is TD, but not for the same reason as Q.

Looking back on day one, over half the votes against Sah are suspect, but TD's sits with me the worst. He tried to justify it by saying Sah had a bandwagon mentality but then proceded to say he did it because a no vote doesn't matter and no one else deserved a vote yet. The problem is that voting on whomever presents themselves as a target without much thought seems very much like a bandwagon mentality as well, even if you preface it with "Well... I don't really want to but..."

And, yeah, all the reasons Q gave as well.

Not quite ready to vote yet, but FoS: TD

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  JGH27 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Missing the first day phase due to net troubles combined with lack of time is making catch up hard.

TD does seem sketchy but at this point I'd be foolish to vote without background research. I could go for Q out of grudge vote but I don't think he's mafian (which probably means he is lol) but that'd just get shit turned on me. Snake is on the fence due to his not caring right now but that hardly justifies a vote.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4209
Join date : 2008-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Avalanche on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:31 pm

for the love of frick, stop using those suspicious fingers. It's a very annoying delaying tactic that doesn't really get shit done.

Looking at you TJ. Least Q cast a vote along with it.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5783
Join date : 2009-02-07
Age : 24
Location : Land of Dykes and Drugs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:35 pm

Really, I was going to wait until TD had a chance to reply, but I didn't want to flat out state it. I suppose you're right though, the fingers have gotten old.

Vote: TD

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:11 pm

I have to say Avalanche, the Fos is useful. It's a categorical way of marking suspicions beyond just saying "x" is suspicious. Also bolding it and all that really makes it stand out even for those who find me tl;dr.

However, I'm changing vote, and I ask you guys to as well. I have been given good reason to believe td is townie, and request that you get your votes off him. Relmitos is our best target. My argument against him was stated above. If you want more support for a Relmitos lynch, I'll do my best to find it, but honestly I find it a clear choice right now.

Unvote: td260
Vote: Relmitos



Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:14 pm

DRTJR wrote:We are going to run out of townies if we hang someone today.

Because, yea, you know, we totally don't lose any townies if we don't lynch, especially with three kills going out at night. Out of everyone right now, I'm most irked with this, his insistence on making votes that don't do anything worthwhile at all. Just gonna drop my Vote: DRTJR right here.

As for those 'outside irrelevant references', I used those mostly because the above used some as well.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3665
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:15 pm

WAT?

You used an illogical strategy because someone else used an illogical strategy.......

DRTJR is worth a vote, but I find you even moreso.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TD260 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Relmitos wrote:
DRTJR wrote:We are going to run out of townies if we hang someone today.


That's a stupid statement, but I've seen worse. It could just be DRTJR being... well, DRTJR.
...
...Or him being mafian.


Relmitos wrote:As for those 'outside irrelevant references', I used those mostly because the above used some as well.


... dafuq.


what in the holy fuck is an outside irrelevant reference. I don't even know how to respond to this.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  SurgePox on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Quaetam wrote: I have been given good reason to believe td is townie, and request that you get your votes off him.
now, for those of us who don't play in the shadows and keep information secret, do you have any plans of telling us what that is, or are we just going to have to take you on your word? I mean, that's brilliant, you cast suspicion on td, someone who you have a secret in of apparent information with, and the turn around and say "don't worry guys, he's cool." That was a scummy play there.

Defending people publicly is suspicious as fuck, so either give us a little insight, or don't expect us to blindly eat up whatever you throw out.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm

In regards to the mason/cult argument, the problem with debating this is that it's a very nice smokescreen for the mafia. It deflects attention away from scumhunting and quickly turns into a witch hunt, with people being more obsessed with taking out the group rather than the mafia. Surge is right, if it is indeed a cult that's definately a problem, especially during the endgame, so we certainly can't ignore it. But we still need to remember to scumhunt as well. We need to keep an eye on each.

Which brings me to suspicions. Surge seems to be spending a lot of focus on the Brotherhood- is that concern over if it might be a cult or trying to cause said smokescreen? Same with Relm, for reasons Q explained about arguments, but also DRTJR for not even trying with his votes. Then again this could just be him being an idiot again as opposed to an ulterior motive.

It's 10:30pm here now, so I'll vote in the morning once I've seen this argument play out.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Alright, fine. I was Eevee, effectively our Yoshi role. I softclaimed it pretty hard with that last textwall. Sadly nobody noticed. Then td PMed me to try to save his ass. While that in itself wasn't convincing, Smash told me my alignment turned to townie, and I evolved. If you don't believe me, lynch me. I have nothing to hide. However, we would be totally wasting the day. I want both Relmitos, and, now, potentially Surge, lynched. I'm not very important at this point beyond the weight of my word, whatever that's worth.

If you do believe me, or even if you don't, get off td. It's a waste of a vote.

And seriously, why exactly would I bring him up here and then divert attention from him if I was mafia... That makes about as little sense as possible. It's throwing myself into the spotlight and then making a scummy as fuck play to gain trust. There is absolutely no benefit to such an action if I'm a scum player. If I had a secret in of information with td beyond what can be revealed via PM, what use would making it public be? By calling him out I'd get him up for the lynch, and turning it around I'd place myself right next to him. There's no possible scummy motive there, or no smart one anyways. And our Jester has already won Razz

Frankly, it's a lot less suspicious than you attempting to divert suspicion off of Relm right now, which is completely condemning in my eyes should Relmitos flip mafia. I'd think it's pretty obvious I got my info via PM or other source. Combine that with how you've been focusing hard on the Brotherhood, potentially trying to frame them, regardless of whether they're cult or mason. That, as Fedaykin said above, is just what Mafia Black did game 6 to get attention off themselves. Relm is a perfectly suspicious target. Get him today, you'll see I'm telling the truth about td, we'll decide what to do tomorrow, though Surge, you can welcome yourself to near the top of my suspect list right now.

So FOS: SurgePox.

Vote stays on Relmitos. He's our best target, because DRTJR's suspicions potentially are due to his playstyle, while Relmitos stands out regardless.

Oh and td160, what I said about the outside irrelevant reference, which Relm quoted, is the fact that people are trying to determine the Brotherhood's alignment based on what other 'brotherhoods' in various games are. Which is a stupid way to go about it. If the theory that the mafia is using them as a smokescreen is true, Relm could just as easily be mafia alongside surge as he could be brotherhood.

Also I think at this point if Relmitos is mafia, it's unlikely DRTJR is. THREE peoples' alignments can be semi-determined using a Relmitos lynch: His own, of course, Surge's for seemingly defending him, and DRTJR because that's where Relm's attempting to divert the attack to, whereas if he were mafian he'd probably take the fall here, though a bus is possible.

Vote Tally:
DRTJR (2): Avalanche, Relmitos
Relmitos (1): Quaetam
td260 (1): TJ
Avalanche (1): td260

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  SurgePox on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:19 pm

You know Quaetam, I always took you for a rather logical player, but seeing as you can't take a little bit of criticism without exploding into "UR SCUM," I can't see it that way anymore. I asked you to explain why you defending td, no more, no less. How does that make me scum? how does that make me suspicious? It honestly looks like you're just taking it personally, just saying 'If you don't see it my way, you must be scum!" This is not how we find mafians, this is how Quaetam runs another game for the rest of the town. Last game we trusted him in this, and we all lost. So I am asking the town to be more critical of others, and not take Q as the word of god, because I haven't forgotten how we were fucked on that last time. You flatly stated you were unwilling to divulge on what information you are currently defending td, merely giving us a supposed source on it, so I will take that as a no. "No," says Quaetam, "I will not tell the town what is going on, I am a tyrant you can trust."
I'd think it's pretty obvious I got my info via PM or other source -Q
I disagree, and what I am implying and now directly stating is that you are aligned with him because you are teammates, either in the form of being mafians, or being cultists. I don't buy at face value that you guys just PMd each other and comepltely cleared everything, if you could sell someone on your innocence in PMs, you'd have the game won by day 5.
Combine that with how you've been focusing hard on the Brotherhood, potentially trying to frame them, regardless of whether they're cult or mason.
Two fucking posts, get off my jock. I'm sorry one of them was long and that this implies I am incredibly fixated on them, I just was giving the town a quick lecture on the danger of cults.
And seriously, why exactly would I bring him up here and then divert attention from him if I was mafia... That makes about as little sense as possible. It's throwing myself into the spotlight and then making a scummy as fuck play to gain trust.
you live in the spotlight, Quaetam. Was acting in the spotlight your demise last game? no, it turned it in your favor and won it for you. I don't think you're afraid to make a big public play.

The biggest thing that sells Quaetam as being our enemy here is the certainty with which he takes any opposition to him as Mafia. No town inquiry is worth exploring, it's merely saying "If you disagree, then you're suspicious." I asked him where his information was from, told him blindly giving us this kind of declaration is risky for us to take him on, and that somehow makes me scum? no, that makes me a good townie, one who acts honestly and completely out in the open, for the benefit of more than just myself. Do you know how many PMs I've sent this game? Zero. Secret information is cancer to the town, and the faster the light reaches all the corners, the faster the town boots its enemies. vote: Quaetam

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TD260 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:36 pm

unvote: Av
Vote: Relm


Reasons above, and we need to get something done.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:19 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum