TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Perry on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:49 am

yes, that's called a strategy. It's what people do to win. You should be happy such a random rare thing happened during your game, people who normally never work together suddenly finding eachother when in a tough spot.

We found out what DRTJR was and came up with a plan. It's not like we exploited anything or found a loophole or what so ever.
Calling it "breaking the game" is just degrading and putting it on the same level as a doctor always protecting himself at night so that he's unkillable or something lame ass like that.

I'm just saying a different termonology would be appreciated Neutral

Perry
Savior in Green

Posts : 1393
Join date : 2010-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  DRTJR on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:04 am

What almost happened was a happy ending between the Mafia and SK, a shared victory, forged by men of honor. I also do not approve of the negative terminology, I also am wondering how both myself and the mafia were blocked awhile back. Although second isn't bad it's just I want the specifics behind the three days I got blocked/ had my target protected. the day by day run down would be fascinating for this game. really it was to be the perfect storm ending in Perry, Fed, and Myself drink martinis on a beach after following the Tony Montana three step guide to success, first you get the money, then you get the power, then you get the *****.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:56 am

man, I need to work with you more TD. really, game 10 I work with you and I do great. And again working with you and I do even better.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TD260 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:06 pm

You know, I do wonder why the recruiter went after you and not me. XD

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  SurgePox on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Great game guys, especially td and Viero, who really came out and took charge of this game. Sorry we didn't end up making it to the end, my fellow mafians, but I'd say we had a fun run there, sorry if I tore us down by jumping the gun after Q.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TheTJ on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Hey, even knowing Surge was scum the whole time and you guys were right, I STILL say the arguement against him was faulty.

I was wrong, but my arguement wasn't. :^P

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:22 pm

@TJ-I don't. Yes, I fucked up by claiming a role that shouldn't have been in the game, sure, and ignoring the fact that the host went and put it in the game ANYWAYS, everything else about my argument was pretty valid. He jumped on me as suspicious for something that shouldn't have made me suspicious at all, and given the timing it was very, very suspicious. Looked like he was trying to attack me the second I jumped on his comrade, which was why I said his alignment did depend a lot on Relmitos, and pushed for Relm before him.

And when I mentioned that he was probably scum if Relmitos was mafia, gave him like three sentences of suspicion and not even a vote, he kinda exploded, and then chose to nitpick little parts of my argument to answer rather than responding to the whole thing with each post he made. There was more to it but the horse we're beating is beyond dead at this point; now we're whacking a bloody carcass or something. I digress.

Though I will say, had Relm been a SK your argument would have made a good deal of sense, TJ, though I'd still find Surge suspicious for the method in which he argued and attacked me. It would have eliminated the whole defending Relm/smokescreening Relm angle of things, but not all of it.

That being said, that was a lot of fun; I greatly enjoyed dueling you Surge. Wish we could have been on the same team though, as it almost was day 1 Razz.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:40 pm

They went after you but got me TD. And if they got you the mafia probably would have won. I will save why they would have won for when Smash posts the post game stuff. Don't want to spoil the fun of waiting~

Thank you and sorry again Roy.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Raya on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Vie, whhyyy did you lynch Avalanche? We were *this* close to winning; if you'd lynched DRTJR you could have recruited Minby and we'd have won. So bloody close...

Ah well, good game everyone, I did really enjoy this. My first time being a cult leader and it was pretty fun, if nerve-wracking! Req dying so early on was a big blow, but getting Av with a jailing power was a massive help. Shame I got targeted the night I wasn't protected though Razz Good job to everyone in the cult, you all played well and it was a lot of fun, even if we were barely alive at the same time!

Also, DRTJR, am I correct in suspecting that you were involved in my death again?

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:52 pm

Go read my post in the cult thread again Raya.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:38 pm

@Perry) Ok, saying that it'd break the game is a bad way to put it. Know that my interpretation of the phrase isn't like saying it'd be cheating. (Really, I like to think of it more akin to having a flying Luxray or doing crazy shit in an RP game that Raya hosts.) It was a great strategy to come up with in the rut you were in. Reason why I called it trying to break the game was that had Minby been dead, there wasn't anything that could have kept you guys in check at all. It was a situation that I never took into account (and there were plenty of those actually) and be able to balance accordingly. Then again, Minby's power and Fed's votesteal were both put in the game as a balance to each other. Also, it'd be kinda hard to have given the mafia and SK's a joint-win if the three of you survived, because of majority shenanigans. Had it been one and one, I probably would have allowed it.

DRTJR wrote:it's just I want the specifics behind the three days I got blocked/ had my target protected. the day by day run down would be fascinating for this game.
I've noted on these details in a few role commentaries (that will be posted sometime later), but I'll give you the short version here.
The first block was becuase TD self protected.
The second block when you targeted Avalanche, TD protected someone besides himself for once, and it happened to be Avalanche. In the same night, Perry meant to scramble TD's power, and mafia-kill Minby. Avalanche was supposed to jail Minby that night according to TD's orders, but decided against that and jailed Perry, thus roleblocking the scramble on td and the mafia kill on Minby.
The third night you were jailed by Avalanche, so the kill was roleblocked.

td260 wrote:You know, I do wonder why the recruiter went after you and not me. XD
They tried, but Perry/JGH27 (don't remember if Perry subbed in at the time) scrambled Raya for fear that she might have some important power. So she went for you, but picked up Viero instead. Makes me wonder how the game would have been different.

TheTJ wrote:Hey, even knowing Surge was scum the whole time and you guys were right, I STILL say the arguement against him was faulty.

I was wrong, but my arguement wasn't. :^P
Honestly? I kept telling Q that I probably would have sided with Surge on Day 2 when that stuff went down.

Edit:
Raya wrote:Also, DRTJR, am I correct in suspecting that you were involved in my death again?
Of course he was. Gotta give him credit though for holding off a night after joining Snake.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Quaetam on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:52 pm

smashbro wrote:@Perry) Ok, saying that it'd break the game is a bad way to put it. Know that my interpretation of the phrase isn't like saying it'd be cheating. (Really, I like to think of it more akin to having a flying Luxray or doing crazy shit in an RP game that Raya hosts.) It was a great strategy to come up with in the rut you were in. Reason why I called it trying to break the game was that had Minby been dead, there wasn't anything that could have kept you guys in check at all. It was a situation that I never took into account (and there were plenty of those actually) and be able to balance accordingly. Then again, Minby's power and Fed's votesteal were both put in the game as a balance to each other. Also, it'd be kinda hard to have given the mafia and SK's a joint-win if the three of you survived, because of majority shenanigans. Had it been one and one, I probably would have allowed it.

Yeah, this is what I've always thought game breaking to be: Not cheating, but something that's not balanced Razz. Think the massclaim game 5, for example. Snake broke no rules, but he broke the game. Wasn't his fault that his strategy happened to be extremely effective, no, but it certainly was game-breaking because it wasn't accounted for by the host.

Third parties banding up to potentially win together is a major issue in a game where the townies don't start with majority. It can be balanced, as it almost always results in backstabbing, but overall is against the point of those roles, and makes things incredibly hard -if not impossible- for the town.

smashbro wrote:Honestly? I kept telling Q that I probably would have sided with Surge on Day 2 when that stuff went down.

Pshaw!! You also told me that you'd have done this because you knew what happened last game (argument by reputation) and because of my roleclaim (which is a very valid reason, but doesn't mean my argument is INvalid) Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2514
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:31 pm

Quaetam wrote:
smashbro wrote:Honestly? I kept telling Q that I probably would have sided with Surge on Day 2 when that stuff went down.

Pshaw!! You also told me that you'd have done this because you knew what happened last game (argument by reputation) and because of my roleclaim (which is a very valid reason, but doesn't mean my argument is INvalid) Razz
If I were to try and look at the day from an player's view, yeah, those probably would have factored in. That, and I never caught on to the nature of Surge's argument against you like you did, and I did say that I found his reasoning against you to be solid (hell, I probably would have thought the same.

However, this is all just speculation if I was anything but mafia or host.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  TD260 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:39 pm

question. Was my action of protecting myself preventing me from being converted? Or did they never try?

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4854
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Well, aside from the time we got switched on to Vie, we never tried, unless I missed something somewhere

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:44 pm

DRTJR did the dirty work but I take credit for Rayas death.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  SurgePox on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:58 pm

td260 wrote:question. Was my action of protecting myself preventing me from being converted? Or did they never try?
Raya tried to recruit on a night we scrambled you, recruiting Viero instead.

One thing I can't shake is, why did Viero kill Avalanche? Cult could have won had it not been for that.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Smashy B on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:09 pm

td260 wrote:question. Was my action of protecting myself preventing me from being converted? Or did they never try?
Perry scrambled Raya the night she tried recruiting you, and got Viero instead.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:10 pm

This is a point of so much ugh it's not even funny. Basically, TD told Vie to kill Avalanche the night before Av was lynched. Vie didn't have the kill power that night though, and had actually taken Raya's recruiting power. He couldn't admit to TD that he had taken that though, so he decided to say that he had been roleblocked to save his own skin in an attempt to stay alive. He did not realize how easy it would have been to turn things onto DR. So, he sacrificed Av, hoping that he'd survive the night so that he could recruit Minby. Unfortunately for him, he failed that whole surviving the night thing.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 pm

Then if it was so easy to turn things on DR, I would love a explanation on how I would have done so without pulling a 180 on DR and making it clear that I had not lied about the killing power.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Like I said b'fore, I'd have pulled the idea that after DR's latest shenanigans, I switched targets to him. Considering that Av had jailed him, it would have made sense that your kill wouldn't have gone through. Av would have been in the clear for following what he said, and you would have a valid excuse as for why you didn't make a kill.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Eisenbeißer on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 am

Hi!

thanks for the good game!

@Hudson and Smash: Thanks for your help and your advise. Very Happy

I enjoyed it to be something else than mafia or a serial killer during weldars game.

It was an honour for me that I was worth it to be killed by Perry during night 5. I tracked him during night 5, because I accpected him as an mafian. I hoped that the mafia wouldn't kill me.

I also learned during day 5 that Avalanche was cult, but I wasn't able to talk with Viero. Afterwards I understand that Viero didn't contacted me.


Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 179
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 32
Location : Vienna, Austria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:24 am

Requiem wrote:Like I said b'fore, I'd have pulled the idea that after DR's latest shenanigans, I switched targets to him. Considering that Av had jailed him, it would have made sense that your kill wouldn't have gone through. Av would have been in the clear for following what he said, and you would have a valid excuse as for why you didn't make a kill.

Again, that would be me going 180 on DR out of the blue. Why would any townie kill a person they thought was just a psychologist? And that I stated that I thought DR was a townie. Even to several PMs to TD. He would have had to have thought something is up when I go for the person I said thought that a townie.

I was not counting on the SK due to the huge line of single kills which was what my mistake was. As if it was just 3 townies we would have won as soon as I recruited Minby.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:34 am

Which was your mistake and why the brotherhood lost. Not a big deal, just a statement.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:37 am

It also did not help that we only had 2 people alive at any time.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4978
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:20 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum