TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:57 am

First, a minor fuck you Viero for outing the mind control. i know, that smash didn't tell you to not out it, but it took the fun out of my role(just a minor gripe, no worries).

I tried my best, but ultimately, it was not enough. I don't consider the honourable alliance of Mafia and SK gamebreaking, it's a viable tactic and the only saving grace we have had after being decimated that much that early. Too bad, that it wasn't meant to be.

Congratulations to Eisen for doing a great job, he was a very important player behind the scenes. Good game people.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Fedaykin wrote:First, a minor fuck you Viero for outing the mind control. i know, that smash didn't tell you to not out it, but it took the fun out of my role(just a minor gripe, no worries).
I didn't specify in your role PM that they could say whether or not they were being vote controlled. However, the mafia did have JGH27's/Perry's power the whole time of post control where they could not acknowledge the posts being made for him/her until the next day. And you guys used that combination of powers the next day, which was kind of the point behind them (Viero, that's why I told you to not say anything about it in the thread the second time, in case you were wondering). A single mafia role that could post AND vote control without the controlled being able to say anything is a bit OP, but splitting the powers among two mafians kinda evens it out (that, and having you be the traitor making it a little harder to cooperate for a bit), and leaves you with something should the other die. Reason why I gave you the secret votesteal later though was because of the delay in the controlled-vote-post from Viero going up.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Oh yeah, on top of giving Surge some kudos for a great duel, I also really have to congratulate Perry and Fed on a great job working with a difficult situation, that was a fun show.

Fair enough about the votesteal thing, and I do have to say Fed the fact that he then gave you a secret votesteal balanced it out, cause people were left to speculate about who had their vote stolen and whatnot Razz

Also yeah Viero did fuck up in the endgame but frankly he was in a tough spot, had he gone for DRTJR TD might have pushed on him. TD told me himself that dayphase that he didn't trust Viero anymore, so technically it might have been his only option, unless I'm mixing up circumstances here.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

I wouldn't say Viero fucked up, per say. The decisions he made that helped lead to the endgame were not unwise or hasty. He was just in a bit of a tough spot and the odds were not ever in his favor.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Eisenbeißer wrote:
I am more innocent that you are able to imagine

I think we can all agree that Eisen here made the greatest post in the history of mafia.

StuckInABox wrote:DRTJR did the dirty work but I take credit for Rayas death.

So it was your idea rather than his?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Long overdue Razz

And yeah fair enough about Viero; he didn't do anything stupid, frankly. His mistake was a mistake, but it was well-thought out, and I understand why he did it. Like I said before, his overall play has been great this game.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:07 pm

Quaetam wrote:

And yeah fair enough about Viero; he didn't do anything stupid, frankly. His mistake was a mistake, but it was well-thought out, and I understand why he did it. Like I said before, his overall play has been great this game.
Agreed, Viero was second best player this game after TD in my opinion.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Danke Schoen

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:42 pm

I didn't lie about my role. I should have picked myself for the lynch that day I died, I wasn't expecting a bandwagon so readily though. Oh well heh

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Well, as for me, I knew I was gonna die early as soon as I saw that I had that assassin role and Q wasn't mafia. Q had to die fast so as to silence him, and it worked well enough, I guess. Then the death speaker happened. Ah well.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:12 pm

Meh, my second deathmessage pointed at Fed, Av, Snake, and Warch, all scum players, sure, and led to Warch's lynch, but Fed wasn't brought down by my hand at all, and Snake was killed by the mafia for other reasons. Oh, and Av was bussed Razz. All I really did after bringing down you and Surge was get War lynched, and War wasn't mafia Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Also worth noting that Viero only death spoke with Q once. The wall he sent was just really long, and he told Viero (who told td) to separate them in two parts.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:29 pm

Well, it wasn't because it was long, it was because I wanted Surge to die, and then once he was out of the way Viero could post the others. I didn't want Surge to push off onto one of my minor suspects. That plan Viero had about pretending to still be in contact with me? That was his own. In retrospect I have a plethora of awesome ways I could deal with this in the future, the plans, ALL THE PLANS! Razz

But yeah, as for the length of the surgewall, it was on purpose, and for a few reasons.

First, the way td260 was arguing. He was building his arguments on mine, quoting parts of my walls to counter whatever surge came up with. So I simply answered EVERY. POSSIBLE. DEFENSE.

Second, I was frustrated at that point, and didn't know TJ was going to be dead, and was worried that if TJ was still alive he might buy into whatever defense surge came up with and sway things somehow. So, as said above I spelled out in excruciating detail every bit of logic, heh.

Third, I love overkill Razz

Biggest part was knowing the way td was playing though.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:48 pm

Eh, I wasn't technically scum.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Sorry Q, but you love overkill and then you are annoyed that people don't read your textwalls? That doesn't really compute.

I think I already told you, too much scares people away. This is no criticism on your style, it is an observation. Like Roy said, summarize more and less people go "oh god, textwall alarm, to the shelters!".

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:44 pm

Dude, the overkill thing in there was a joke Razz. The true, and primary, reasons for the length of that wall were the first two I listed: That I wanted to spell out the argument in excruciating detail so as to cover every possible counter, and that I knew that even if people would skip MY wall, td would go through it and use it to address any defenses brought up. Which he then did.

On an ordinary basis yeah, I keep it to a fair length (long but not TOO long, correct me if you disagree) for that very reason; too long scares people away. Not to mention that it's really tiresome to write ungodly huge walls like that Razz

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Still working on the role PMs and whatnot. So while you wait for that, I'll address the game notes I left in the OP. I wasn't 100% truthful about some of the details so I'll explain myself.

If you recall:
smashbro wrote:
    Notes on the game:
  • There is not an evolution mechanic in place like before.
  • Pokemon were randomly assigned to their given roles. (Much like the players.)
  • The Pokemon selected to use were randomly picked using random.org from 1 to 649, with the number corresponding to a Pokemon's dex entry. This is because I was mad that I got caught faking a role claim last game.
  • Exception is that there are no legendary Pokemon.
  • There is no set story, and I'm pretty much winging all narration. If you tl;dr the phase posts, I will not be upset.
  • End of phase time is subject to change (Not sure what my work hours are). Nightphases will be 48 hours.

I was telling the truth when I said there wasn't an evolutionary mechanic like before. The only one that could evolve was Eevee, and that was something special I gave to my "Yoshi" role of this game. Eevee played as a vanilla neutral (or in Q's case, vanilla townie) and then gained a power and alignment upon being found. More details explained in the role pm stuff.

I lied when I said that Pokemon were randomly assigned to their roles. Most were, but I made Squirtle be the starting SK again. Yeah, I would. :B
Eevee was also specially selected once I came up with an idea for the recruit role.
Dewott was, believe it or not, RNG'd to be in the game, and be on mafia. However, I specifically assigned him to assassin because pirate-ninja scalchops.
Linoone was RNG'd as well, but assigned to Psychiatrist because of this.
Slowking was random in all regards (despite Relmitos thinking otherwise).
(Side note here: Shoulda made Hudson's Luxray a flying Luxray.)

With some exceptions, Pokemon were selected via random.org. I had a bank of about 35 Pokemon, and threw out some randoms that I couldn't give a damn about (like Luvdisc, Vespiqueen, Whismur, etc.). After the specially assigned, the rest of the Pokemon were random'd to the roles they had (and because there were more Pokemon than roles, some were left out).

And then the last three were true.

Sure, not everything was all random like I said, but as long as you thought it was, would it really even matter?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:01 pm

smashbro wrote:
Slowking was random in all regards (despite Relmitos thinking otherwise).

You say that like I had no reason to suspect otherwise. I would like to direct you all to this:

Raya wrote:
King Avalanche wrote:
So let's see....Ansem is gonna eat a Kakuna, Sahrimnir turns out to be a Slowking who can't fucking swim and I get to be a Luxray who spams the fuck out of magnet rise......... Guess you had to be there.

Least we now know Ansem's role- he's a Bidoof. With burnt paws. Yes.

I'm sorry, but uh.......two of the Mafian Pokemon got called out and you expected me to think otherwise? Yeeeeaaaah :p

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:17 pm

You should also note that he called out a townie pokemon: Luxray. And the kakuna eating one is a haunter.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:20 pm

smashbro wrote:Sure, not everything was all random like I said, but as long as you thought it was, would it really even matter?[/color]

It certainly didn't help my case Razz

Though that was more of a matter of the evolution thing, and I don't mind, it was a great game either way.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:57 am

So hey, can we get the links to the unlocked forums? I fancy reading up on what went on the plotting~

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:40 pm

http://bidoofsnewworld.forumotion.com/ - Mafia
http://teampsychoshift.forumotions.co.uk/ - Brotherhood

I left my USB drive in yesterday's lab. It has all the mafia stuff on it. I haven't check lost and found yet, but I'm not getting my hopes up. If I don't find it then no role PMs from me. :/

I also can't figure out how to make the cult forum be viewable for guests, and I don't remember how I first did that.

Edit: Short version of story: Won't know til Monday if I'll ever get it back. I'll still try to deliver some analysis from memory (the drive had a lot of notes in it).

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue May 15, 2012 7:13 pm

I feel weird bumping this while a new game is going, but can everyone that played please PM me your role PM if you still have it?

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:31 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic View next topic Back to top