TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 18: Affiliations II - Endgame

Post  Requiem on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Dude, Avos, Chill. Seriously. You've been even more insanely suspicious than usual. I'm not kidding Avos, you've been hitting the paranoia pipe a little too hard, try to just take a step back and think a little more clearly, you'll seem like less of a conspiracy theorist/new mafian. Also, Surge, WHY YOU NO VOTE?! MUST BE MAFIAN! Razz

On a more serious note, I would like to hear a response from Sah before I join the bandwagon. If he is a townie, I'd feel terrible for jumping him without giving him a chance to explain himself, if only because I've been in that situation myself.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:45 pm

SurgePox wrote: I'm used to using the voting record to fish out mafs

But voting records are one of the main arguments for the day 1 lynching. By starting the voting earlier on you have more records to work with later. Still seems tradtion is finally changing around here, I'm happy to see that.

Now Avos you do bring up a good point about people getting scared off by Q's pressure. So let me just go ashead and state something for everyone, the single most suspicious thing you can do under pressure is do nothing. There's a reason lurking when you're not usually a lurky player is considered scummy. If you're an innocent you have no reason to fear anything, just act naturally and you'll be fine. Get scared and try to carefully structure your responses to avoid suspicion or seem more innocent and you'll probably get yourself lynched, that's what mafians are doing after all.

I also disagree with your calling Sah's behavipur agressive, if anything I'd call it very passive. Sheeping along with bandwagons and trying to seem like he has good reasons when really he doesn't, just trying to lay back and follow the leader.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:49 pm

Yeah, Avos, this is scumhunting dude. There's a reason I requested that people DON'T get scared off by it--reading reactions is kind of critical. And trying to apply pressure and see who shifts falls in that category, as does pointing out the few people I deem suspicious (Sah being the main suspect, a few others such as yourself, td, and relm kinda catching my eye at points). Were I just up and attacking EVERYBODY out of the blue, your post would make a little sense, but I'm not, so it doesn't. This is how the game is played. I'm not going to stop scumhunting just because it might scare people off; quite frankly that wouldn't be very productive to the town's efforts here.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm trying to relax. What am I supposed to do? Every time I try to apply pressure, it ends up with 19 responses saying how flagellantly ridiculous I'm being. No one listens to me, I just get annoyed that only 1-3 people are allowed to scumhunt while everyone else has to just squirm through it or be a lemming/sheep.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm

There's a difference though, see, generally speaking, they have some kind of backing behind their arguments. It's good and all that you're enthusiastic, but you need to have something to back accusations. Question votes made, watch patterns. It's harder to do on Day One because nobody has died yet, votes haven't been observed to mean anything quite yet. Going off what little information they have is what the others are doing. Right now it's still a relatively blind shot though. So mellow out, don't take things so seriously, it's only a game after all. Observe, question, accuse, but only when you have something you can actually mark out. Otherwise you just come off as paranoid man.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:17 pm

Everyone should scumhunt. The single biggest problem this forum has is people not listening to the efforts of people not considered among the "good" players. That whole thing is bullshit, I know because I'm often considered one of them and I'm pretty sure I'm average at best. The thing is Avos you need to actually scumhunt, provides arguments and reasoning, convince people to listen to you. You can't just say I don't trust this guuy, I mean yeah it's fine to vote someone for gut feeling or a hunch but don't expect many people to follow you on that. You're not being dismissed totally out of hand, sometimes your arguments are instantly dismised when they're just provably wrong (Gambler's Fallacy) but the thing is you just don't support your arguments enough. You do being up good points sometimes, for example the suspecting people who haven't posted yet, I don't fully agree with it seeing as it's still day one but that's a reasonable stance to take. So go ahead, act on it, list some of those people, vote for one. You can't just say random theories you have to back them up and lead the way by acting on them.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 pm

hey sorry i've been in chicago without interwebs. so we're doing the normal day one tango eh? i agree that a day one lynch may be beneficial. it does help to weed people out, especially when pressure is put on the right way as others have been saying. i agree with weldar that you can't just go listening to only the big players, avos has on occasion been right, but without backing himself properly no one would listen, which is understandable. it also helps to clearly outline points. i think sometime people have a hard time understanding the dude, i know i do. soooo on to the idea that sah may be a lyncher. very possible and very plausible, but pretty much any theory is at this point. it's just as easy to say that one of the people voting him is a lyncher playing it smart and well seeing as the majority on him are deemed big players it's just as likely as sah being said lyncher. with that being said though we do need a day one lynch and while i'm still rather hesitant on voting at this point no matter what i vote it really won't matter. so i'll vote: sah

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:10 pm

I'd like to say that I agree with Weld, Q, and others here, that Avos seems paranoid, and that Sahrimnir's inactivity and follow-up on a random lynch are suspicious, but it is also possible that Sah or Avos is a jester, and they are loving their votes.

Has anyone been paying attention if Sah has been on the forums lately? If he's online, but not posting, then him being a jester seems plausible. If not, then that theory is moot, and we can cast it aside.

I've been away from the forums for a while, so I don't have a very good sense of how everyone acts, especially Avos. I remember when I won SuicideAngel's game (9 maybe?) as a jester, I made a very conscious effort to act slightly scummy, and, the point I'm trying to make, is that if Avos doesn't normally act like this, he could be trying to get us to lynch him, which would not benefit the town.

Ergo, I'm gonna hold off on voting for now, and make a decision tomorrow.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:17 pm

Nah this is pretty standard behaviour for Avos. Sah less so but he doesn't feel quite fool-ish to me.

That does kind of bring up the reason I don't like fool roles. That argument can be used on anyone acting at all scummy. If you're really scummy you're an obvious fool, if you're slightly scummy you're a smart one etc. The fact is the risk of a fool isn't strong enough to dismiss suspicions on people, if you always worried about that we'd only lynch based off scan results. When a fool doesn't end the game there's no real downside to lynching one anyway, even if they claim first place it means little since there's no prizes and the game still goes on. I honestly think fool just shouldn't be used in forum games, keep them to irl and chat games that are quick and can have fools be a game over. But yeah at the end of the day the threat of a fool just isn't a strong enough reason not to lynch someone.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:08 pm

I didn't really think of me clarifying my statement as being defensive. There wasn't really anything to defend against. I just realized what I said didn't get across what I wanted it to.

As for this whole Sah thing, well, I do find some of the arguments a bit out there(change in play style, because that worked so well with getting Snake hung last game.[I do acknowledge that this isn't the main thing, just saying]), but the one that seems most legit is the voting on targets that have had a vote on them for no real reason. That, and a post just for the sake of posting doesn't help his case. As such, vote: Sah.

Avos, you gotta stop being so bonkers, man. It's pretty much what Req said. Add some meat to your arguments and we'll take a look at it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:00 am

I'll just post this and put up my vote.

Vote: Fedaykin

He's made only one post and it was a grudge vote toward someone that hasn't posted yet. keep it simple I guess

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:36 am

In my view the vote of Fed was only meant to be fun.

Fedaykin wrote:3am grudgevote!

Vote:Eisen

You killed me last game :C

@Fed: It was good to be bad. Smile

Avos Me Lardo wrote:All going after DRTJR is going to do is get him all stressed and mopey about being the first to get killed again. Although he stayed a while in the last game so I guess it can be up in the air.

As much as I'd love to grudge Q, the likelihood of him being mafia twice is unlikely, so until he gets caught or does something that puts him too much in control we shouldn't lose his insightfulness.

Eisen and Weldar are the one's that have the greatest percentage of being mafia/evil in a row. Not trying to say anything just bringing it up. Weldar not being mafia, and Eisen being one last game.

Oh well, Day 1 is always about past games right? Or am I going in a bad direction?

Why should I be a mafian in this game? Ok.... this is my fifth game and I was a mafian tow times, but it is very unlikely that I am a mafian twice in a raw. There are a lot of other roles.

I could vote for Q, because his backstab last game. I could also vote for Fed or you, but I think during the fist dayphase there is posted a lot of nonsense.

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 am

Eisenbeißer wrote:but I think during the fist dayphase there is posted a lot of nonsense.

That pretty much sums up almost every D1 we had so far.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:36 am

Yes...I fully apologized about that Eisen...if you need to hear it again, I'm sorry about that post.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:33 am

If it's any consolation, Avis. I've always understood your arguments and the logic behind them. The rest is just hell bent on disagreeing with you for God knows what reason. Probably just an easy way to dismiss any suspicions thrown. Out it's just that everybody is more bias and subject to someone's reputation than they's like.

But hah, I'm not even in this game Neutral
Perry out!

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:00 am

Unvote: Avos and Vote: Sah like a good little Lemming.

Tbqh, I just had the most amazing Bowman packed weekend of my life, and I am in no shape to make any decisions this phase.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 am

I'm really not sure how I feel about the wagon on Sah right now. He may be the best choice at the moment, but that doesn't mean we should ALL vote for him.

As a matter of fact I'm going to Vote: Q simply so I have it on the record that I don't quite trust him. You hurt me bad last game Q. You hurt me bad.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 am

I agree with hudson's entire post and the fact that no one else made a jester connection makes everyone on sah bandwagon a little suspicious. It's easy to overlook a role though with how many various and even custom roles we go through in the games.

I still want those fucking lemmings dead but Sah would have my vote if anyone right now.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 am

Avos Me Lardo wrote:Yes...I fully apologized about that Eisen...if you need to hear it again, I'm sorry about that post.

Hey Avos! Wow.... easy!.... There is no need for an apologize. No harm done! Wink Its only a game!

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:58 am

Right, well, as Sah hasn't come around to defend himself, I guess I'll have to vote for him as well.

Unvote: Q
Vote: Sah

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:12 pm

Well seeing as he has been on, posted in another topic and there is no way he could say he didn't see the myriad of votes against him...I'm

Unvote: Fedaykin

Vote: Sahrimnir

If he flips Jester, it's not a big deal for him to get his name highlighted in the Sign-up thread.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:23 pm

I see little point in voting for Sah. He posted three or 4 times in relativly low content posts, with nothing that offends me too much, considering it's day 1 and no one really knows what the hell's going on. That and he's a dead man walking now anyway, considering the dayphase is about to end.

So yeah, it's completly moot at this point, but let the voting record show that I vote Surgepox on the first dayphase

I like how Weldar put it; Everyone should scumhunt. By refusing a vote you may take a stand and give people the oppertunity to at least play night 1, but you also deny people any information.

now watch as I turn out completly wrong and Sahrimnir turns out mafian and Surgepox detective or something.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi there, you Lemmings! Very Happy

As Avalanche posted: I see little point in voting for Sah too! I think that there are bigger fishes around than Sah. I can't see the reasons why so many of you are posting for him.

I think the same that people should be given the oppertunity to survive the first dayphase. I only write this, because if I didn't checked the forum this day, I would have missed the whole dayphase.

So therefore I follow Avalanche's proposal for the scumhunt and I vote for Fedaykin.

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Current vote tally:
Sahrimnir (9): Weldar, DRTJR, Quaetam, td260, Raya, DarkFalco, Snake, Requiem, Avos
Eisen (1): Fedaykin
DRTJR (1): Sahrimnir
Lemmings/No One(2): Warchamp7, SurgePox
Fedaykin (1): Eisen
SurgePox (1): Avalanche
Quaetam (1): The Doctor

Night falls in about 1 hour and 42 minutes.

Last edited by smashbro on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missed one; can't count)

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:47 pm

I voted for Q, kinda hard to see though.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top