The Whatever Thread

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  SurgePox on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 pm

The kind of dlc that expands upon a complete game afterwards for fans wanting more is really great, and its great that technology lets 8us to it and its great that companies can continue to work on a finished game and have it remain economically viable by continuing to receive money. it's when they release an unfinished game, at full price, and basically hold the complete content at ransom that it turns sour. What happened to the days where they delayed a game if it wasn't finished? Yeah waiting sucks, but getting a finished game when I pay full price for it is better than paying $60 for an incomplete game and another $10-$30 for content that should have been there in the first place.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:00 pm

SurgePox wrote:What happened to the days where they delayed a game if it wasn't finished?

The internet happened, and the ability to hook up consoles to the internet is what happened. Mass suckage.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TD260 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:23 pm

SurgePox wrote:The kind of dlc that expands upon a complete game afterwards for fans wanting more is really great, and its great that technology lets 8us to it and its great that companies can continue to work on a finished game and have it remain economically viable by continuing to receive money. it's when they release an unfinished game, at full price, and basically hold the complete content at ransom that it turns sour. What happened to the days where they delayed a game if it wasn't finished? Yeah waiting sucks, but getting a finished game when I pay full price for it is better than paying $60 for an incomplete game and another $10-$30 for content that should have been there in the first place.


This.

Look at nintendo, for example. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that they said at one point that they'd offer DLC as long as it's not something that is vitally important to the main game. (paraphrasing)

For the new FE game, I know they're going to have challenge maps. Stuff like that as DLC makes sense- you beat the game, and you're looking for a little more out of it, so you buy some new maps. However, the idea of making you pay for something that should be in the game itself, (like a freaking ending) is bullshit.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4856
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:
Hekatommy Riagon wrote:Crapcom is not that stupid. They just don't give a shit about their fans because they know people will buy it for some reason instead of just say looking it up online. I wonder how long they are going to be able to pull this kinda stuff off and actually have any fans left.

Still have that hatred for Capcom, I see.

They'll keep doing that as long as they want because they produce material with enough quality that warrants enough people being fine with spending extra money. I don't see what this has to do with "giving a shit about their fans" because they're still producing content and they are a business.

That said, there is the possibility that they'd make more money by not doing the usual DLC shenanigans, but that's a risky call on their end and I understand why there's not much reason to take it.

...Are you actually defending them for making you pay to see how a game ends THAT YOU ALREADY PAID FOR? When they intentionally took out the true ending so they can nickle and dime you for all you are worth. How can you say that this kinda shit is OK?

DLC for ANYTHING that was part of the final product by the time it is released is bullshit no matter how you look at it. Portal 2 is a perfect example of this.

Also the hatred I have for them will not die until they stop being greedy fucks.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 pm

I still think Capcom was asking way to much to try to sell MM games in 8-bit, in this day and age. The games themselves were good, don't get me wrong, but....8-bit? Why? Only reason I can see for them to do that was to save a lot of man-power to make something that simple, but still draw in a lot of cash for less effort then a current age game.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  .. on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:Portal 2 is a perfect example of this.

Wow dude, whats wrong with Portal 2?

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Since I can't actually tell if you are being sarcastic or not. And for those of you (if any) do not know and need to be filled in for whatever reason.

Day 1 DLC, stuff that was done and should have been in the game by the time the game launched. Just like this "True ending" DLC. Other then that nothing is wrong with it that i know of. Though that is not saying much as I have not played the game.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  .. on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:
Day 1 DLC, stuff that was done and should have been in the game by the time the game launched.

Uhh, Peer Review is the only legit DLC. Which of course, was free.

Now if you mean Sixense Motion pack DLC, that only comes with the Razer Hydra Motion Controller. Because you can't go through those puzzles without it.

Or, do you mean "Portal 2 - The Final Hours" which is just a digital book.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:25 pm

I mean all those customs that you could buy.

There was a huge backlash because of it.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  .. on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:31 pm

OH, THAT stuff.

Totally forgot about that Robot Enrichment Store. I could care less about tricking out my robot.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Omicron Austin on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Don't get me wrong, I agree that everybody prefers their complete game out of the package and DLC to have delicious extras, but I don't get why anybody should get worked up about it. Nobody has a RIGHT to a game without day one DLC that "completes" it. It's still a product, and if you don't want to buy it, don't. It's like really loving Skittles and then developing an intense hatred for M&Ms because they're ruining the candy industry.

By the way, I'm still loving UMvC3 and SSF4:AE, even though I had MvC3, SSF4, and SF4 before it. I'm glad I got to play each of them when they were around and enjoy my time with them, and any extra content I'm paying for seems well worth the money.

@Relmitos: Fans were begging for them. And it's almost like you feel like having more bits makes a game inherently better.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2009-08-03
Age : 24
Location : Missouri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Well while you may not care about it. It is still stuff that was taken out of the final product and made as DLC which is the point I was making.

As for the megaman thing I never really played the new 8 bit ones.

People are getting worked up about it. Because they bought a $50/$60 game (correct me if I am wrong) and at the end it had a big "fuck you, give us more money." Which by the way is a grate way to piss a hell of a lot of people off.

Just because we may not have a right to it. Does not mean it is not bullshit, simple as that. They are pissing their fans off and sooner or later they will drive a majority of their fans away (they have already done this more or less with all they been going recently). It is nothing but greedy practices that should not be rewarded.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4977
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  .. on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:00 pm

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:Well while you may not care about it. It is still stuff that was taken out of the final product and made as DLC which is the point I was making.

I forgot to put at the end of my last post, "Yeah, Valve dropped the ball on that one."

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Relmitos on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Omicron Austin wrote:@Relmitos: Fans were begging for them. And it's almost like you feel like having more bits makes a game inherently better.

Having more definitely doesn't make them worse, that's for sure. I'm not "against" them in the terms of, refuse to play them, I just see it as lazy on the dev's part.

Hell, I've played Atari games. They were amusing in their own right.

That being said, MM X4, probably my favorite MM game, had the usual MM game play. Go right, destroy enemy robots, get to the boss, kill boss, move to next stage and repeat. Would it have been fine in 8-bit? Most likely, yes. Would it really have made a difference in the game play if it was 8-bit or 32-bit? Not really, no. But did it hurt the game, looking a bit better? Absolutely not.

All said and done, why should I pay the same for a game that's updated with the current technology as opposed to a game that was up to date.....2 decades ago? Makes no sense to me.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TheTJ on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 pm

While you guys have been discussion DLC I have been having the literally BEST DAY IN YEARS.

As I was out the door, going to meet with a friend who would help with me resume and job applications, I got a phone call. Literally seconds before I would have left it rang. It was my old CADD teacher, and one of the kids from my class was working for a company that needed a bunch of drafters to convert old papers into new files. I went over to the friends, built a great looking resume, called up after the job, sent over my resume, and now I'm expecting a callback very soon. We then spent the rest of the day talking about comics, and I learned to sew and embroider (For the 4th Doctor costume).

Some days just work out great.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Smashy B on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:17 pm

If Day 1 DLC or re-releases bother you, don't buy the game. Don't support the developers that make those kind of decisions. Some developers do have day 1 DLC because they know they can get away with that, and if gamers really want to make a statement against that kind of action, then we should not buy their games. Vote with your dollar. And maybe next time these developers will rethink their business practices. Just because there's content that you don't have access to because it's bought separately, that doesn't make you entitled to it, even though it's a greedy business practice.

As far as the portal 2 day 1 DLC, that didn't bother me really, but because I saw it as the in-game store like with the hats in TF@. Hell, I have yet to even look through that store so I don't know why it should matter. But perception is reality, so prboably why I don't really think about it.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  DRTJR on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 pm

I'll say this Fallout New Vegas' DLC was brilliant, as well as Fallout 3's. In terms of handling and presentation. I liked that Fallout 3 ended, it added finality to the story, was the ending shit, yes but regardless, it had Liam Neeson so that made up for it.



I also Like New Vegas more that Fallout 3. West coast Brotherhood FTW.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  .. on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm

DRTJR wrote:I'll say this Fallout New Vegas' DLC was brilliant, as well as Fallout 3's. In terms of handling and presentation. I liked that Fallout 3 ended, it added finality to the story, was the ending shit, yes but regardless, it had Liam Neeson so that made up for it.



I also Like New Vegas more that Fallout 3. West coast Brotherhood FTW.

The New Vegas DLC is what DLC should be. Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road were all great. They fit well with New Vegas because in the Vanilla New Vegas all of this is hinted to begin with. Everything is linked as well. Those four are selling for 10.00. Now the lesser of the DLC for New Vegas are Gun Runners' Arsenal and Courier's Stash, they add nothing but armor, weapons, ammo, and mods. So they sell for a much lower price.

As long as Bethesda doesn't fuck up like they did selling Oblivion's "Horse Armor" as a DLC, then all of Skyrim's DLC and Expansions should be good.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TheTJ on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:12 am

There's nothing worse than waiting around for an important phone call....

...Well, okay, there ARE worse things, but I'm becoming a nervous wreck.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  SurgePox on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:30 pm

TheTJ wrote:There's nothing worse than waiting around for an important phone call....

...Well, okay, there ARE worse things, but I'm becoming a nervous wreck.
Do something that'll occupy your time and attention but still leave you alert enough not to miss the phonecall. Like knitting or something.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TheTJ on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:52 pm

GRAAAHH!!! I wait for TWO DAYS fretting over them not calling me, and then just now, I get an e-mail saying "Oh, sorry, they didn't get this e-mail. We'll keep trying though." WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL ME THAT SOONER!!!!

If I don't get the job because of this I will be so royally pissed...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Raya on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Curse this crazy British weather. We've gone from the third hottest March on record at 23 celcius to 23cm of snow. The other day I was walking around in a tshirt then last night I was shivering under three blankets. The hell man. This is why we talk about it so much Razz

Omicron Austin wrote: I don't see what this has to do with "giving a shit about their fans" because they're still producing content and they are a business.

>Still no Breath of Fire 6

Personally I think paid-for DLC is ridiculous. When you buy a game you are buying a product, and that product should be worth the price. What's the point of buying an inferior product and then having to pay further for content that should come as standard? Perhaps if the original non-DLC game was a fraction of the price and the DLC bumped it to full, but no. It's full price for an unfinished game and having to pay extra to get the rest of it. It's like buying a car at full price and finding out you need to buy seats and doors for it. Ridiculous.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4559
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Requiem on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:32 pm

On this I disagree, at least to an extent.

In the case of the ending for ME3, the DLC should be free. Why? Because it's something that clearly should have been covered originally. It's completely relevant to the story and ending. This should be free. (And it is actually, when they finish making it, it's marked to be free).

However, things like the From Ashes DLC, it's not necessary to the storyline. It's neat, it's fun to use, but it is by no means critical to the games plot. This is something extra that people would like to have in the game, and if they want it, then they can pay for it. Personally, I'm a cheap bastard, and I wouldn't, but then again, I never had any problem with the game. I enjoyed it as it was.

So, things that should have been included to make the game's storyline coherent, no, people should not have to pay for it. Things that are just there as extra detailing, completely fair game. It's a business after all, and you can't expect people to work for free to make extra content.

Requiem
Savior in Green

Posts : 1248
Join date : 2010-11-16
Age : 25
Location : Twin Lake, MI

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TD260 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:37 pm

Once again, I point to nintendo's M.O. For what they say they're going to do- namely, DLC is only stuff that is above and beyond what the standard game is.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 4856
Join date : 2010-01-06
Age : 22
Location : Land of Precipitation and Procrastination

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  .. on Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:46 pm

The ME3 DLC will not change the ending, only extend it for more "closure". The DLC will be free.

But here is the thing about DLC. Sometimes when a company has day one DLC it is because once the game is finished and is going to the production stage, the teams have nothing to do but fix bugs, create patches, and more content. Sometimes they finish DLC around the time the game is "released". But that doesn't mean the DLC should be released with a price tag. If it is just a map pack for an FPS, then that shit better be free. FPSs already have enough Models, Textures, Sounds, etc already made for the game in the first place. So it shouldn't need a price tag.

Nor do I believe people should pay for more "characters" in fighting games. That is just BS, if Nintendo does updates for the next Smash Bros games, I don't want to pay for an extra character. (I don't believe they would do that anyways.)

DLC whether it is free, or comes with a price tag should be decided by the amount of content. (Their time working isn't free you know.) Weapon and Map packs are BS, full expansions are fine.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:30 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum