The Whatever Thread

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  TD260 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:38 pm

SurgePox wrote:
td260 wrote:It's doing it on my end as well.

And surge, this is after I've rebooted my computer and restarted tf2 about 3 times. I mean, I suppose I could just wait longer, but it's been way more than a few minutes.
No I mean, just keep the game open and wait for it to fix itself. Generally I hit that bug as soon as I open tf2 and it goes away after I wait a bit.

I've waited roughly an hour. It hasn't resolved. -.-'

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:09 pm

Uninstall and reinstall it? *Shrugs* All I can think of

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:22 pm

I think it's a steam issue, since when I looked at my friends list it said that i can't connect with the steam servers.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:51 am

I like how a game not responding for an hour is apparently a problem now a days.

Also, yay I got my laptop back. I thought it was just my charger, but apparently MSI felt the need to replace ALL the things. Atleast they're thorough?
I can't say I missed it much with my phone's internet and all, but it certainly types a shitload better... And games are nice.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:33 am

Hmm, you'd think the laptop would be totaled at that point Razz

Welcome back Perry!

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Just had a great evening with Eisen, thanks dude!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:01 pm

Outlaw wrote:
Or go to the UK and pester Raya. Razz

Come to the UK! We have free health care and strangers don't talk to you. It's awesome!

@TJ: Contrary to popular belief the entire country is not obsessed with Doctor Who. Buuut if you're good I'll take you here.

On an unreleated note I've finally snapped, I'm declaring jihad on the goddamn neighbours' cats. I hate the little bastards anyway since they trespass into my garden, spread their parasite-ridden shit everywhere and treat my bird table, which I've spent a considerable amount of time and money making popular with the local birdlife, like a buffet table. Then this morning I found one of them in the house. That's it, I've had enough. Since I can't shoot the vermin and my contract forbids me from buying a fierce dog I'm going to get some of those sonic deterrents. I've put off buying one since my boyfriend can hear them and it drives him mad, but I've had enough of the bloody things. Plus I suppose if he annoys me I can bring the deterrents inside and use them on him Razz

inb4 I go crazy and turn my house into a fortress.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUDSONBOY111 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:20 pm

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Raya. The cat lady that lived a couple houses down from me recently died, so now there are probably a bunch old, stray cats roaming around my neighborhood, with the same intentions as your feline fiends.

Also, my school musical, Anything Goes, is this weekend! For those who are familiar with the play, I am the Purser. For those who aren't, here's a link to the Wikipedia page. I also got a stylish, new, and short haircut so I can look like I'm from the 20's for the play.

HUDSONBOY111
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:29 pm

Raya why not just leave a huge mousetrap out on your property?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Well that looks amazing Raya, but I don't really think I should go. I don't think I'd ever leave.

Some friends of mine are taking me to my first con on the 13th. ConGlomeration is taking place right in my backyard (Seriously, I could walk to it). My scarf won't be done by then unfortunately, but I might be able to get a sonic screwdriver before then.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:16 am

I promised myself that I wouldn't, but when my philosophy-ish midterm asked whether I was for the evolutiontheory or creationism I wrote a full page rant about how the evolutiontheory is right and creationism is bullshit.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:51 am

If it's in English, I'd give it a read Razz

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:14 am

You know Av, some of us might believe in creationism. Also, saying creationism is bs implies religion is bs. These are things that may not make one happy.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:56 am

While Personally we may think the idea is bunk, to discredit it in such a manner and allow it to fill you with anger lessens both you and the Ideals you uphold. Also the essay topic you proposed to us doesn't ask you find faults in the opposing theory, just support your own. I personally lean towards guided evolution, but I don't claim any related but different ideas to be bullshit.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:47 am

DRTJR wrote:While Personally we may think the idea is bunk, to discredit it in such a manner and allow it to fill you with anger lessens both you and the Ideals you uphold.

Huh, hadn't looked at it that way before. Good point.

That being said; any defense I've ever seen for creationism seems to spend 80% of their time trying to disprove the evolution theory using blatant lies or twisted information. It's a lineof thought that I am not particulary fond of, due to their misinformation and severe lack of evidence to back their theories up.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:48 pm

King Avalanche wrote:any defense I've ever seen for creationism seems to spend 80% of their time trying to disprove the evolution theory
King Avalanche wrote:...due to their misinformation and severe lack of evidence to back their theories up.
Just... take a look there and think about what you just did.

Discussions like these never really go anywhere. One believes one thing, the other believes the other thing. Ohmaigawdnowai-just leave it at that since there's never been a particular good resolution aside from being able to agree to disagree and talk normally about it.
Any arguements that anyone would throw into this will never be original and will never be belief/faith/mind changing, so there's almost no need to talk about it if it's not going to be out of respect for the other and an attempt at understanding them without the intention of discrediting what they say.

In other news, taking up a workshop medieval swordfighting after you spent 2,5 hours jiu-jutsu-ing the other day is not that great of an idea. I can barely turn my head without something causing me pain.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Personally, in these kinds of discussions and debates, I just leave it at "This is what I believe, I'm not gonna shove it down your throat, believe what you want, won't think any less of you if you disagree with me."

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:42 pm

*applauds the forum for killing a debate*

Today I got a surprise on Steam. I was accepted into the CS: GO Beta. Which, of course, you can argue is just CS:S with little bit better graphics, and I agree. But still, thanks Valve, this is the second beta you have given to me.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:06 pm

SurgePox wrote:Raya why not just leave a huge mousetrap out on your property?

Can't leave one in the back garden since that's where the birds are, and it's illegal to place traps where they can hurt wild birds. Putting one in the front garden is too suspicious and obvious. I don't really want to hurt the cats (most of the time Razz), just stop the little bastards coming into my property.

The Doctor wrote:You know Av, some of us might believe in creationism. Also, saying creationism is bs implies religion is bs. These are things that may not make one happy.

No. Disproving creationism does not disprove religion. This is one thing that winds me up about creationists- they somehow think inheriting characteristics from your parents disproves God and then get some kind of siege mentality, blindly claiming that evolution is false because they think it invalidates their belief in God. That's a load of crap. You cannot prove that God and miracles do not exist. You *can* however prove that creationism is false. There is absolutely zero evidence that it exists and overwhelming evidence that evolution and a 4.5 billion year old Earth does.

TJ, are you telling me you believe the Earth is 4000 years old? That complex life suddenly popped into existance in 4 days? That geology is a false science? That it's entirely a coincidence that you share characteristics with your parents? That fossils are fake? That continental drift doesn't exist? That domestic breeds of animals weren't caused by Man? I can point to countless examples, both living and fossilised, that show evolution in action. Are you saying all of them are just coincidence, wishful thinking and happenstance?

I'm not opposed to religion. Believe what you want. But creationism is denial. It's on the same level of believing the world is flat and the moon is made of cheese. It is not based on faith. God and miracles are based on faith and you cannot disprove them. Creationism is wilfully ignoring the vast body of evidence- evidence you can find in your back garden or your kitchen- and deliberately turning a blind eye to the world around you, justifying it as 'oh not believing means God doesn't exist'. The fact that this is still taught as a valid option for the origin of life on Earth in schools is absolutely shocking.

Yes, creationism is somewhat of a berserk button for me Razz Also, first person to say 'evolution is just a theory' is getting beaten to death with my transitional fossils, just saying. Outlaw exempt.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:09 pm

Favorite thing to point out to fellow Catholics when this comes up, the Pope endorses that evolution is real.

Also, Raya, Gravity is "only a theory"

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:16 pm

I didn't say ANY of that. Also, I thought we avoided this arguement.

SUBJECT CHANGE BEFORE HOSTILITIES START! WHO LIKES DOCTOR WHO?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:26 pm

TJ didn't say that disproving creationism is disproving religion, he said that calling it bs is the same as calling a part of (christian) religion and thus perhaps the whole of christian religion bs. It didn't state anything about the arguements used against creationism, just the immediate attitude and conclusion of it.

But yeah, Raya's post is a prime example why I tried to kill the discussion early because it instantly starts off with ridiculing the other because they believe different.
Are we all done?

I'd rather debate about why not to debate about creationism vs. evolutionismcamism, than have that actual debate :S

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Raya wrote:Outlaw exempt.

Why thank you.

Raya wrote:Also, first person to say 'evolution is just a theory' is getting beaten to death with my transitional fossils, just saying.

Amazing, this popped up just the other day....

Perry wrote:I'd rather debate about why not to debate about creationism vs. evolutionismcamism, than have that actual debate :S

Me too, Perry, me too.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Gravity isn't a theory, it is a law. We may not know the exacts of Gravity but what we do know in 9.8 m·s−2 per 3200 km is earth's gravity. we don't yet know how to artificially lessen it around an area[aka anti-Gravity].

But yes the Catholic church, the largest group of fuddy duddies in the world, Believe evolution. Actually in terms of Science their pretty cool.

Besides Isn't science the rules that God set fourth so that universe would have balance, and after all God does play by his own rules.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:43 pm

DRTJR wrote:
But yes the Catholic church, the largest group of fuddy duddies in the world, Believe evolution. Actually in terms of Science their pretty cool.

Indeed

DRTJR wrote:Besides Isn't science the rules that God set fourth so that universe would have balance, and after all God does play by his own rules.

This. Fucking. This.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:08 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top