The Whatever Thread

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Whatever Thread

Post  Relmitos on Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:10 pm

Raya wrote:Wait, you guys get to choose what classes you go to?

Basically; get to choose what course you take and when you take it, provided there's an open slot in the course/time you want. Overrides can happen, but not many can be done in a single class. You do have to go to your adviser that's given to you for your chosen major to release the lock on your course selection account. You don't HAVE to do what your adviser suggests, but it's generally a good idea.

So, this is my new ring tone. From 4 seconds in to about 35 seconds in.

Spoiler:

Should I be sad I just did that? I think it's cool.

And.....yay, Snake's back! It just wouldn't be the same without you man. We're this nice cool global internet forum family or something. Here to listen to others' feelings and what not.

Cam, someone I knew quit working at one job and took another for a pay cut, but the trade off was, the job was a lot more enjoyable then at the first job.

Two of my favorite avatars that this site has seen throughout the years? These.

I really liked that old one Camilla used to have, and seriously, who could possibly dislike the drunken hobo? I miss Kallin, we need our bus driver back.

Lastly, I found this on the brawl vault; I was amused.

Spoiler:

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:14 am

I loved that Yellow icon! I can't remember why I changed it. I might bring it back eventually. I do love crazy Koishi though...hmmm.

I do miss the hobo.

Also LOLOLOLOL i got fired. I am pretty relieved, I mean this way I don't have to deal with my parents (I mean, I got fired, not me actually quitting). Unfortunately I get paid absolutely nothing, but oh well. Time to actually jobsearch properly, and have a lot more time to do it. Going to do a course on being a medical receptionist, going to do a lot of applications, and hoooopefully get a decent job somewhere.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:20 am

Receptionist doesn't sound bad for you. At least you will be accepting calls rather than making them. Razz Good Luck!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Hee, thanks for the avatar compliments guys. Now all I need is a matching sig banner to go with it. I feel strangely naked without one.

Pineapple wrote:
Edit: is it reasonable to want to quit a job if you feel physically ill trying to get up and go to work?

Dude, you've been doing the job for a week. I've been stuck doing a job that's making me geniunely mental and physically ill for the past 18 months. I'm a total fucking wreck. I wish I could just quit tomorrow, but for saying I no longer live rent free with my mother and I'm £150K away from even getting my foot on the property ladder I don't have the choice. I send off multiple job applications every week, each involving filling in a 10-15 page form and a 5 page essay just for the chance of getting an interview...and in those 18 months I've had the grand total of two. It's incredibly demoralising. Really the only ways out of my situation are winning the lottery, dropping out to get knocked up or killing myself. One is rather unlikely, the other two are rather unpleasant. So currently it's a race between what happens first, I get a new job or I have a total breakdown. The latter seems more likely.

If anybody happens to know any museum directors I'd appreciate my name being dropped :<
Relmitos wrote:
Basically; get to choose what course you take and when you take it, provided there's an open slot in the course/time you want. Overrides can happen, but not many can be done in a single class. You do have to go to your adviser that's given to you for your chosen major to release the lock on your course selection account. You don't HAVE to do what your adviser suggests, but it's generally a good idea.

So, this is my new ring tone. From 4 seconds in to about 35 seconds in.

Ahh, I see about the classes. There's no way they could do this with most courses in the UK, you simply don't have the time to fit in extra clases amongst all the work. I spent most of my free time in my second and third year either in the lab, in the library or weeping softly over boxes of graptolites. I miss those days Razz So do the classes add up to your credits needed to pass the year, or can you do without them?

And haha, speaking of ring tones, my message alert is the Pokemon Centre healing jingle. I remember a while ago I was on the skype chat when it went off. There was a moment of silence before everyone burst out laughing Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm

I've been a receptionist before, it wasn't bad. I just want a job that will actually pay me. I can deal with not liking it (though hopefully I will) if I actually get paid. :U

Raya, that sounds utterly awful, and I hope something else comes up soon Sad

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Raya wrote:
Relmitos wrote:
So do the classes add up to your credits needed to pass the year, or can you do without them?

Way it works is, you need at least 12 credit hours a semester to remain a full time student. You can go higher, to 15 hours, 18 hours, there's a limit but I'm not sure what it is, since I just roll with the 12 hours that's necessary. As long as you pass the classes, you do acquire the 15/18 credit hours you signed up for. Allows you to spend less time in college overall.

Example: Currently, this semester I'm taking BIOL 220/221, CHEM 107, ENGL 365, and KNEA 159. In credit hours it would be, respectively, 3 1 3 3 2 = 12 credit hours. So, I could take a, say, HIST class and bump it up to 15 hours, and should I pass them all, 15 hours would go onto my transcript instead of just 12.

That would be how it works. Benefit of 15 hours as opposed to 12, is that if you need to drop one of them you can still retain full time, should you actually drop one.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:35 pm

i think the max amount of hours you can have is 21 or 22. and i don't know anyone who would want to make themselves that crazy to begin with lol

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:22 am

nutela is sexy !!!

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:34 pm

barda_ehmos ♏ wrote:nutela is sexy !!!

Barda, please do us all a favour and stop talking. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:51 pm

the nutela is your weakness? :3

i can't be outlaw(just an exemple <<), i try to help even though i understand nothing.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:41 am

Nutella is amazing. It really goes well on cheese and bread(i didn't believe it myself until I tried it)

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:42 am

Went paintballing last night. Came to the conclusion that it isn't really my thing.

The teams may had something to do with it. 10 vs 10, my side 2 guys 8 girls, only two of which dared to advance. Other team only very douchey looking guys. We did win capture the flag though, on account of me and my buddy being the only ones stupid enough to get out in the open like that.

So now I am pretty bruised Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:47 am

And then you complain about being with a bunch of girls while covered in paint Razz

I've never been paintballing but it sure sounds painful. I'll stick to TF2 Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:31 am

Yeah, I'll never go play a thing of paintball ever again. Only time I played it, the ONE TIME, I got shot in the ankle, and now I've got this nice pretty scar where I got shot. No more of that, thank you.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:20 pm

My friends are trying to persuade me to go paintballing with them. I'm not sure why. I think they're either expecting me to go down like a sack of spuds crying like a little girl at the pain or go completely berserk and gun them all down in an orgy of violence.

I also just realised, last Sunday it was my 3 year anniversary of joining the forum. Heh, I still remember arriving back from Ayacon to my little rented room in Oxford, sitting at my desk and signing up. And thinking "Oh, I better not reply to loads of topics on my first day, I'll look like a spammer and I don't want to make a bad impression." I love you guys, don't ever change. Well, maybe suffer less drama, become richer and find true love, but aside from that.

It's a bit weird looking at the join dates. Ansem and Bugman both joined after me? I could've sworn they were already established, eh...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:59 pm

Hey guys, you should check this out. Especially those of you that live in Texas and nearby.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/screwattack/let-throw-the-best-gaming-party-in-the-world-again

ScrewAttack is in the final hours of it's KickStarter campaign for SGC, their own awesome game convention. I would've/should've posted about it sooner, but for the longer time it was dragging out. in the last 12 hours they have went up 20k, which is far beyond what I thought they would be at. If anyone is interested, be sure to check it out.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Now that you mention it Raya, my 4th anni of joining is coming up. Funny thing is? For as much as some of you may or may not go "lol that guy and his mmo's", it is actually Final Fantasy XI that lead me here. I was a linkshell(guild thing) called the Illuminati, and there was one dude in it, named himself Rpglord (everyone just laughed at that guy, but that's not the point), Rpg told me about this series' existance. Sooooo Final Fantasy XI is why I'm here in the first place.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:35 pm

Here from the Brawl forums on GameFAQs. Lurked for a while, then finally joined. ...Basically how I did everything back then, lol.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:00 pm

I got here when TWBB came to the Escapist... I feel old now.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:38 pm

I think I lurked here once or twice early in the run, but I only joined during the Episode 10 wait.

But yeah, the longer we spend on this forum the less difference there seems to be between our join dates. The difference between 1 years and 2 is different than 2 years and 3 somehow.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:56 pm

King Avalanche wrote:Went paintballing last night. Came to the conclusion that it isn't really my thing.

The teams may had something to do with it. 10 vs 10, my side 2 guys 8 girls, only two of which dared to advance. Other team only very douchey looking guys. We did win capture the flag though, on account of me and my buddy being the only ones stupid enough to get out in the open like that.

So now I am pretty bruised Razz

i love paintball! for me getting shot is not so bad, so long as i'm in the zone and have the adrenaline going. It keeps me from feeling the hits till the next day Razz

during the summer i run around in just a tank, shorts, boots, and a hanky around my neck to protect it (and a mask of course) so i end up covered in bruises. but i'm a pretty good sniper >:]

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:04 am

I've only ever been paintballing once, and that was last month with some workmates. I made sure I padded up so if I was hit, it wouldn't hurt so much. Luckily I wasn't hit much.

The funniest part was towards the end, where both teams had used up all their ammo, and we ended up firing blanks at each other for no reason.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Well, that's........troublesome, to say the least. Forecasters say that Isaac is going to go into Louisiana. Well, if it hits Louisiana and you don't see me within a month after........yeah. Draw your own conclusions.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:21 pm

Went to Fan Expo this weekend, con was meh as always but hanging out with all my friends is always a blast. Sadly, I had to go home a day early because I worked this morning.

Totally unrelated, I got new hats

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:35 pm

Your old hat must be feeling jealous.

Edit: Also, I changed my icon.
And the spoiler in my signature. I miss the drumming Turtwig, but he might come back some day...

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top