E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Post  Bugman on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:47 pm

When: June 5-7 2012.
Where: L.A Convention Center, Los Angeles, California.
Conferences:

Microsoft: June 4th, 10AM PST (1PM EST)
EA: June 4th, 1PM PST (4PM EST)
Ubisoft: June 4th, 3PM PST (6PM EST)
Sony: June 4th, 6PM PST (9PM EST)
Nintendo: June 5th, 9AM PST (12PM EST)

Yeah, once again, it's THAT time of the year. You know what I mean. Those 2 months leading up to E3, filled with false rumours (some actually true) and other leaks, which more often than not results in mindless debate about just how powerful the next console is going to be. If it's going to be able to divide by zero without breaking the space-time continuum. Quotes and interviews with anonymous (and sometimes not anonymous) devs with vague hints about how much power is in this thing (if you haven't get it by now, I'm talking about the Wii U and the insane amount of rumours and quotes from devs it's getting recently about its power.) It goes from "more powerful than PS3" to "on par with..." to more recently "less powerful than PS3/360." For God's sake, even Mark Rein HIMSELF said that he'd be SHOCKED if the Wii U WASN'T successful. There's even been one rumour this week that its release date was leaked. (But Nintendo? Leak something? Please! They have the best Ninjas in the business.)

Of course, it sparked hatred-filled debate about what the hell Nintendo is doing, if it's the right thing to do (YES IT IS) and where the other big 2 will go from there.

And I know Nintendo said they wouldn't go for "the arms race" but considering developers expect cost to develop games to double from what they are this generation, I'd say that's actually I WISE choice.

Keep going like this and we're heading straight into another video game crash.

I'm serious.

Development cost rises, game cost rises, people stop buying games (one because they are too expensive, two because they want to be sure if they buy one that it's a good one) because since the development cost rises, more developers will try to make a quick, cheap buck with a shovelware (I'm looking at you, Ubisoft). Overall game quality goes down, and it's 1983 all over again.

Speaking of those 2, what do we got, rumour-side, from them?

Sony: Confident that they will release the next PS before the next Xbox Christmas 2013.
Ditching the Cell processor, which may lead to no BC at all. AGAIN.
Also working on their own take on Super Smash Bros. with Sony owned characters.
PS4 is codenamed Orbis, lots of CPU, lots of GPU, anti-used games, Vita used as the Wii U controller-like.
Microsoft: Codenamed Durango, will copy the Wii U controller even more shamelessly than Sony will, will not have a disc drive, constant internet connection required, anti-used game as well.

But both Sony and Microsoft have declared they won't present new hardware at E3 this year.

I will add info on E3 as they come (date and time of conferences, etc.)

Discuss!

Last edited by Bugman on Tue May 01, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Post  .. on Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Still skeptical about the Wu for now, but I am sure they will turn that around.

As for the other two, of course they are just rumors but they sound terrible. Power won't mean shit (or at least shouldn't) if it will have things like Anti-Used features, and constant internet connection. I mean, people complain about Steam needing an internet connection, but to force a CONSOLE to do it? That is madness. But I am putting down money that that rumor is complete BS. No company is THAT stupid.

I am sticking with the rumor that the Wu will be 20% less powerful than the next Xbox, it sounds reasonable and the next Xbox should be the same thing but with more power.

I don't know how Sony will be able to make their next console and still make money off of it. They BARELY made money off of the PS3 and that was at $600.

Also, I know every year seems like "the year". But, Half Life 3, I think this is the year.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Post  TD260 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I do find it funny that the entire M.O. of Sony and Microsoft for the past 2 years or so has been "Copy Nintendo"

Case in point, Sony move and Kinect recently, and now the blatant ripoff of tablet control.

Nintendo should just make the WiiU able to use stuff like the classic controller or gamecube controllers as alternative control schematics simply because for fighting games, the tablet is unweildy. And if you think about it, if sony and MS copy the tablet for the primary controller, and Nintendo allows it to be a secondary with a normal controller for a primary, (think brawl and the GC controller) They could win back the fighter games/other games that require button mashing and quick reflexes.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm

One of these days I am just waiting for Nintendo to pull a fast one on Sony and Microsoft and show off their next system so they copy them. Only to find out it was a fake and come up with something even better and completely different.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:27 pm

I am just wondering what the next Console Metroid would be. (Lets not discuss Other M), I mean if the Wu is suppose to be "up to date" in terms of power.. I dunno I would like to see a Metroid Prime with those kinds of graphics. Shit dude I want to see Phendrana and Tallon Overworld again with beautiful graphics. But of course, that is just something I would like to see.

Anyways, I doubt we will see anything Smash Bros related for both Wu and 3DS. But I guarantee we will see Pikmin 3 this E3. I mean, that is going to be a launch title right?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Now that kid Icarus is out, it might be a launch title. If not then maybe a bit later on, but should not be that much longer.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:Now that kid Icarus is out, it might be a launch title. If not then maybe a bit later on, but should not be that much longer.

No way in hell is Smash Bros a launch title. Nor is it coming out this year for the 3DS.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Sorry, for some reason I keep getting the idea that Pikmin will come after Kid Icarus and Smash bros after that. While I know that Pikmin 3 is already being worked on. I was not talking about Smash Bros.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Oh, Pikmin 3, yes. I'd be surprised if it WASN'T a launch title. THE launch title.

We'll see a Zelda for 3DS at E3, too.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:56 pm

If we are going to see a Zelda for the 3DS, I expect to see a Metroid for the 3DS.

Whether it is going back to its roots with 2D or some sort of remake, I don't know.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:03 pm

some sort of namcoXnintendoXcapcom site...

Also, the wii U apparently will have equicelent graphics but a weaker CPU, according to some dev teams. One said "you don't need a physics engine to play mario."

Well fuck you too, developers.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:05 pm

You know what would be awesome, the next Fallout also being on the WiiU, as well as the PS4 and X box full circle.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Even though there hasn't been much said about Fallout 4 at all, I could have sworn it was already a rumor that it would be for Wu as well.

TD wrote:Also, the wii U apparently will have equicelent graphics but a weaker CPU

Compared to what?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Outlaw wrote:Even though there hasn't been much said about Fallout 4 at all, I could have sworn it was already a rumor that it would be for Wu as well.

TD wrote:Also, the wii U apparently will have equicelent graphics but a weaker CPU

Compared to what?

PS3/360. I saw that article.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Outlaw wrote:Even though there hasn't been much said about Fallout 4 at all, I could have sworn it was already a rumor that it would be for Wu as well.

Compared to what?

Apparently, the PS3.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Sonic's Co-Creator Hirokazu Yasuhara joins Nintendo.

:O

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Oh damn. I was originally guessing that sega would be absorbed by nintendy, but this is still pretty damn close.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Rumour: Nintendo to enter the Racing Simulator war against GT and Forza, developed by ex-Bizarre Creation guys. Announcement at E3.

:O

But it uses the WoW eShop rumour as back-up for this. Bogus.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm

http://kotaku.com/5902458/nintendos-bringing-new-wii-u-pikmin-and-mario-to-e3

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:12 pm

Pikmin 3 is awesome news, but keep in mind that the Mario game is clearly the NSMBMii we saw last year.

Also, got Sony and Microsoft Date of Conference.

The E3 Hype Officially Begins.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Definitely looking forward to Pikmin 3.

NSMBMii not so much.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Oh and going by the dates, Nintendo is definitely going last again this year.

Which is a good thing.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue May 01, 2012 3:41 pm

Nintendo's Press Conference Dated.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue May 01, 2012 3:57 pm

Nintendo is going to do well this E3.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue May 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 5:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top