E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Post  .. on Tue May 01, 2012 4:07 pm

Bugman wrote:

Oh gosh, funny pics and E3 Bingo are starting.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Post  TD260 on Wed May 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Outlaw wrote:Nintendo is going to do well this E3.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat May 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Microsoft:

- Last year and the year before, Microsoft had a very strong Kinect presence, may you like it or not. E3 2012 will most likely bring more of this.
- Halo 4 seems far along in development, so a demo on stage shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.
- Neither should be a stage demo of the next Call of Duty; Black Ops 2 (which should be revealed May 1st.)
- Fable: The Journey could also make a comeback, a game we haven't really heard about since last year.
- New multimedia applications are expected to be revealed as well.
- We can also expect some surprises, assuming nothing is leaked right before the conference this year.

Nintendo:

- As everybody probably knows, Nintendo will drop the facts about the Wii U this year as a "re-reveal". Everything should be convered from the OS to the launch line-up and the online network. Price and release date will be kept to a later date, as Nintendo usually does anyway.
- Pikmin 3 has been confirmed to be present and will likely be the flagship title of the Wii U's release, as well as its graphical showcase. (The reason Pikmin 3 was moved from the Wii to the Wii U especially being the HD and improved graphics.)
- We've known since November 2011 that a 3DS Zelda is in the works, a trailer and maybe even a playable version could be possible.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 will also most likely be present in trailer and demo form.
- More details on Nintendo's recent turn to digital distribution, announced at the last investor meeting.

Sony:

- Sony is having a bit of trouble with the PS Vita, so we can expect some major announcements regarding it.
- The Playstation 3 First-Party offering is still alive and kicking, with games like God of War: Ascension and Playstation All-Star Battle Royale pretty much guaranteed to be shown and playable.
- The Last of US trailer and stage demo. Somehow Nolan North is there.
- Some third-party exclusives are likely as well.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat May 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Valve:

- Won't be showing anything new. (Will be showing CS:GO and Dota 2).

Bethesda:

- Will probably show a lot more of Elder Scrolls Online.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat May 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Rumor has it Retro Studios is making a Metroid/StarFox crossover for Wii U.

I hope this becomes a reality. Will this be the big reveal for Nintendo? Probably not cause it seems like this idea is still in the conceptual stage.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat May 19, 2012 1:27 pm

smashbro wrote:Rumor has it Retro Studios is making a Metroid/StarFox crossover for Wii U.

I hope this becomes a reality. Will this be the big reveal for Nintendo?

This rumours comes from a guy that said Rocksteady was making a Arkham City/Arkham Asylum-like game with the TMNT. And turned out to be utterly wrong.

And not even Nintendo would be crazy enough to combine those 2 franchises. It will kill both franchises. (And they already aren't doing so well.)

Here's better news.

[URL="http://www.gamespot.com/aliens-colonial-marines-2012/videos/aliens-colonial-marines-interview-with-randy-pitchford-6377485/?tag=Topslot;AliensColonialMarines;AliensColonialMarines;WatchItNow"]Video here.[/URL]

Gearbox President Randy Pitchford speaks at length about the conception of Aliens: Colonial Marines, working with Ridley Scott, Asymmetrical competitive multiplayer and why the Wii-U version of the game is going to be the best-looking.

- Wii U's Controller is the Best Shooter Controller from Nintendo yet.
- The Wii U IS a next-gen system.
- It's a very powerful system. More so than 360/PS3.
- They wouldn't be making this game for the system if it didn't offer a competitive online infrastructure.
- The Wii U version is the best looking console version.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat May 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Bugman wrote:
smashbro wrote:Rumor has it Retro Studios is making a Metroid/StarFox crossover for Wii U.

I hope this becomes a reality. Will this be the big reveal for Nintendo?

This rumours comes from a guy that said Rocksteady was making a Arkham City/Arkham Asylum-like game with the TMNT. And turned out to be utterly wrong.

And not even Nintendo would be crazy enough to combine those 2 franchises. It will kill both franchises. (And they already aren't doing so well.)
This rumours comes from a guy that also said Sony was making a PlayStation crossover fighter. And that turned out to be PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat May 19, 2012 1:37 pm

So obviously he hears legit rumours, but some of his sources can also feed him bs. And this one is one of them, it sounds even more crazy that a TMNT game in the style of Arkham City.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat May 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Well well, what do we have here.

Are those analog sticks, I see?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 19, 2012 7:23 pm

Oh dear god I hope so. I love my 3DS, but I'm always scared that I'm going to break that circle pad. Not so much with an analogue stick. XÐ

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat May 19, 2012 7:45 pm

As for the StarFox/Metroid crossover game...

Well, since both franchises aren't doing so well to begin with the "crossover" would either destroy the franchises or somehow make them more popular. (I don't know how, I guess people like cross over games.)

But, I, too, believe it is total BS.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat May 19, 2012 7:49 pm

I just have no idea how they'd combine the two.

samus: Oh, here's a system (galaxy?) comprised of woodland critters.

Woodland Critters: AHHHH! WHAT IS IT?!? Andross! You've gone too far!

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat May 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Just throwing it out there because I think it's funny, they already dropped the ball on how all of the gear Samus uses breaks.

"During an intergalactic warp, Fox and his crew crash into Samus Aran's ship."

In all seriousness though, I do agree. Just make two different games. AND LET ME PLAY AS PEPPY DAMMIT! I must be able to yell "Use bombs wisely!" for no real reason other then being Peppy.

However, I do like what it said about the Metroid part being like Prime. I liked the Prime games, a lot.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat May 26, 2012 11:31 pm

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat May 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Confirmed fake.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat May 26, 2012 11:34 pm

Everything I say is a fake to you.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat May 26, 2012 11:35 pm

smashbro wrote:Everything I say is a fake to you.

Not my fault if it is.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun May 27, 2012 11:03 am

smashbro wrote:Everything I say is a fake to you.

Even this, this is fake.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun May 27, 2012 11:13 am

Bugman wrote:Confirmed fake.

And how exactly do you know this is fake?

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 am

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:
Bugman wrote:Confirmed fake.

And how exactly do you know this is fake?

Plus

Hello, Cookie_Aroma from GameFAQS here. I'm surprised nobody else has debunked this Twitter post yet. The person who made up this tweet made one little mistake (actually two as Yani pointed out). Take a look at the screen capture that the person who saw the tweet took:

http://i.imgur.com/oGhal.png

Let's compare that to Sakurai's Twitter page now:

http://i.imgur.com/5sTHX.jpg

Do you see it yet? See the Tweets count in the upper-right-hand corner? It reads "8807 Tweets" for both images. This is the problem. The tweet with the 2 of 3 message should say 8808 tweets if it was actually legitimate. That coupled with the fact that the only witnesses to this tweet were 2 people from the same board (And as Yani pointed out, the tweet says expand instead of view conversation), I'm positive this is a fake.

This kind of thing is actually very easy to photoshop (or gimp in my case). See?

http://i.imgur.com/0yVQc.jpg

(Saw it at Smashboard)
This.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Nintendo Direct Stream in 9 Minutes.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct_pre_e3_2012/en/index.html

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I want to punch Todd.

Edit: And his non-specific action figure.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:36 pm

smashbro wrote:I want to punch Todd.

Edit: And his non-specific action figure.

lmao, Nintendo doesn't get humor. Unless their humor was to be incredibly cheesy, in that case they won.

Can't say I was impressed with the Nintendo Direct, though I expect the best was saved for E3 and they used Nintendo Direct to get this stuff out of the way.

Miiverse was sort of interesting but I am still looking for what Nintendo Consoles have been lacking. A strong network. They may have more 3rd Party Support but they need a good Network for Online play. Wi-Fi won't cut it. They showed Nintendo Network but all they showed of it was Youtube and an Internet Browser. Unless of course, I missed something.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Microsoft's Conference was not very impressive at all.

Pretty much Halo 4, Gears, and BlOps2 were all they had. The rest was just "Expanding and Connecting Entertainment and Devices".

Ubisoft had Watch Dogs, that was pretty nice. But the hostesses banter with Toby Turner was lengthy and unecessary. They did show Assassin's Creed III, which will be on the Wu.

Here are some pictures and gifs people have thrown together for Nintendo.

Spoiler:

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:34 pm

So... Mass effect 3, Arkham Asylum, Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros U, Scribblenauts.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:40 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top