E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Post  .. on Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Nintendo's Conference was poor. Obviously their best thing was Pikmin 3, followed by Paper Mario 3DS and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

"New Super Mario Brothers U, and 3DS" are unnecessary. I just don't like NSMB. Adam Sessler made a point, it was good to show NSMB for the WiiU to see how it looks like with the console, but then you show NSMB on the 3DS and there isn't much of a difference. (Not word for word obviously but that was his general point.)

And about Paper Mario, I don't know if I like the fighting to be strictly dependent on stickers. While it is nice to see something different, I still like the old fighting system.

Obviously excited for Pikmin 3, I think Pikmin is a fantastic franchise and seeing how it works with the controllers seemed to add on to the possibilities for this game. Miyamoto did a great job.

Luigi's Mansion still looks promising.

But overall, No Legend of Zelda, No Metroid, No (Good) Mario Game, No Super Smash Bros (but we knew we wouldn't see that.), Nothing from Retro Studios... So the conference was not that great.

While it is nice to see games like Arkham City and Mass Effect 3 making an appearance on the WiiU, now the question is "Why should I buy this game for the WiiU when I have already bought and beaten it on the PC or Console." It is nice to see the companies care enough to port their games over but really new games will be what makes a difference.

Nothing was said about the Network, I would have considered Nintendo's Conference to be a success if they detailed or showed their Network plan. Core Gamers won't give much of a shit if the console still lacks a Competent Network Structure for Online play. Miiverse is interesting and all but still, I need to see more of the network.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: E3 2012 Thread. The Wii U is more... uhh... on par... uhh... LESS powerful than PS3... no wait!

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Outlaw wrote:Nothing was said about the Network, I would have considered Nintendo's Conference to be a success if they detailed or showed their Network plan. Core Gamers won't give much of a shit if the console still lacks a Competent Network Structure for Online play. Miiverse is interesting and all but still, I need to see more of the network.
I thought that was why they did the showing on Sunday.

Regarding everything else, I agree.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Sunday they went more in depth with Miiverse, and a few other things.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:39 pm

considering this seems to be the only E3 thread;

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:57 pm

Because we only need one E3 thread. Razz

Watch_Dogs does look interesting, and if it is as of the high quality as I think it is then I will definitely buy it.

I would also buy Last of Us, but that is a PS3 exclusive made my Naughty Dog.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Regarding Mass Effect 3...

"EA has confirmed that the Wii U version of the title will contain an enhanced storyline."

Regarding Arkham City...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 pm

WiiU; now with 100% more blimps?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:18 pm

More AA, Motion Blur, and Better Textures, at least.

Btw, Watch_Dogs is my game of the show.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:07 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top