Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:03 pm

A sense of clam fell over the town. With the many executions of mafians under their belts, and a lack of deaths made in the night, they slept comfortably.

Nobody died last night!

We are now in the day phase, this phase will last until Saturday, June 9th at 3PM PST

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  TheTJ on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:33 pm

...So there were no deaths again. I think it's reasonable to ask Smash exactly who he's been protecting. If he answers (And is the Doctor) it can only help the town. Smash would know who it was and since the mafia got blocked THEY would know who it was. Getting the information out there only helps the town.
And if the mafia's actually all dead and it's only third parties left we know there's still Eisen.

As for Eisenbeiber... I don't know. He COULD be Godfather, but there's one thing I hadn't considered last phase. The Testaments his victems left. It'd be one thing if he was Godfather and lieing about the night kills, but that wouldn't explain the last messages left by Fedaykin and TD. And scanning as innocent?... Well,if he is the Granny role, it's a granny. Not exactly the most menacing people, Grandmothers.

So now what are we left with? Raya, DarkFalco, Relmitos, and Minby are what remains as suspects in my mind. At the moment I'm leaning towards Raya for very little activity from her, at least in comparison to some other games she's played in.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:54 pm

I self protected last night. Either I'm having a fantastic blocking streak, or I'm blocking targets from nothing.

I have a final in about three hours and another in about 24 hours from now. I'll try to keep up on reading, but this is about as active as I'll be til I'm done.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:50 pm

is it possible that we have an evil 3rd party that has no real kill power still in the game? we have masons, why not another 3rd party? perhaps we have to finish them to finish the game? because honestly i'm starting to wonder if there are any mafians left....either that or the last mafian is in such a position that any kill they might want to make would instantly blow their cover...

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Going to extend the day phase another 24 hours, we are three hours from close and no one's voted. I understand why, there isn't much to go off now, and a lot of people are busy (Finals week for colleges on quarter system.)

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Sorry, Surge, I was running a summer camp, came home yesterday, and had a friend over. Once he leaves tonight I'll make a post.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Incoming wall. Spent a really, really really long time working on this one. Here's my suspicions.


7. Minby - no day one posts, day two the post consisted of "first post in this game was to say 'Yeah, as per usual I haven't posted yet. This time it's because I have nothing to say'", second just to parrot something others had been saying.

That being said, he also posted this little gem.

Minby_Aran wrote:Does anyone else find Avos incredibly dangerous? He just admitted that he can kill again in the day, and would use it to lynch whoever he sees fit, since no one is voting someone other than Viero. As scummy as Vie is, I'll Vote:Avos to keep him from lynching whoever he wants, and killing Viero in one day.

I guess it really didn't matter since that was the day-phase I brought the hammer down on V and he had almost everyone's vote on him. Still.....this game's theme so far has been mafians covering each other's backs.

Then there's this

Minby_Aran wrote:Q, I would like to explain my vote a little more, since you don't seem to see exactly what I mean. I don't completely trust Avos right now, I suspect he might be a serial killer who kills during the day. Regardless of alignment, though, I don't want anyone being able to choose two people to die in one day phase, and with only votes on Viero, he could have done just that.

So, he tried to pin the label of being an SK on our Vig. Yes, yes, hind-sight is 20/20 and all that, but still. As mafian he wouldn't give a damn about if Avos was indeed a SK or a Vig, being as they both can night kill (day kill, in this scenario) indiscriminately, with or without town support. Calling out possible SK would make it more likely he would get lynched. That, and it's almost garunteed that when someone calls out a power role and then ALSO proves it, that person will die. The way Minby put it was that, regardless of if Avos WAS the Vig or not, he might look clean by insisting that Avos was a SK while knowing Avos was gonna die overnight. That, and as Q pointed out, his reasoning as for why he voted on Avos in the first place was faulty on the grounds of this

Quaetam wrote:And Minby, I understand your vote, the issue is that he can still go and shoot whoever he wants, rather than shooting Viero and getting the person with the second most votes lynched. It has the same effect Razz

I didn't really find anything else of merit, save for the fact I think it's funny that he's being "yeah, I know, I'm inactive, but hey, I'm more active then these other inactives, even if only just"


10. TJ

TJ, well, like Suicide he also went

TheTJ wrote:Sooo... Our cop, roleblocker, and... Inventor? (Is that like the gunsmith?) are all already dead...

Tough times ahead for the townies.

Course, Suicide flipped townie, so that probably means very little, if anything at all, I will admit.

Then as pointed out, again, that he was very much in the ranks of the inactives when normally he's actually.....you know, not inactive. Then he proceeded to quadruple his post count after Smash called him out, on the dot quadrupled.

Also gave a slight nod toward thinking Req wasn't maf in the midst of a sea of reasons as to why he would be maf. Actually, let's look at this post, shall we?

TheTJ wrote:I don't know... Requiem seems all right to me, with his push against Viero early day three with Q, neither of them knowing it'd start a bandwagon..

Yeah. Ok. Yeah, Req joined the Viero bandwagon early before it was a bandwagon. I wouldn't say that neither knew it would become a bandwagon, because if you look at it, the previous day phase we were already slamming Viero with suspicions, so it would seem likely that Viero would actually be pushed for the next lynch. Didn't help his case that Snake, who he had been defending, died overnight and flipped maf. I mean, look.

Q post

Three posts below it

Req post.

It was OBVIOUS Viero was gonna come under fire.

Also this;

TheTJ wrote:The reason I voted for Snake day one? There was a signifigant gap between when he recieved his role and when he confirmed it. This was shown by Surge who stated that everyone but two people (Neither Snake) had read their role, yet Snake hadn't confirmed yet. My thinking was that he had done most of his talking on the mafia forum first. I could have been wrong about that (And still might now that I think about it) but that's why I voted on Snake, not because we were mafians together.

Buh....uh....what is this, I don't even....how could when he posted his confirmation post mean anything? No sense was made.

This hurts him a ton, as well:

Quaetam wrote:I completely agree with the reasons Sahrimnir is up for lynch, but I'm tempted to vote for you instead, TJ. You've been actively defended by a mafian who was condemned by his practice of defending mafians, and his same pattern (downplaying comrades, etc) was repeated with you Razz That for me is pretty condemning all around.

All I got for this guy. He's dirt on him, sure, but I'm not sure it completely warrants a vote just yet. Possibly though.



13. Eisen

I'm rather trusting Eisen here (though trust has come and screwed me over before, but hey, mafia. It happens.) I seriously see nothing wrong with his posts, except MAYBE how he claimed a third-party granny. I still say clever move by Surge adding that kind of a role, considering the all-star game is coming up. A granny role in this game would make people hesitant of doing anything to him in the next game. Oh yeah! Speaking of the Granny role, we had a Ninja role. Again, from Epic Mafia.

Ninja:
Does not visit when killing.
Sided with the mafia.

Ninja is kinda the only role that WON'T die from trying to do anything to the granny. Ninja's are made to kill Grannys, because while Grannys kill any who "visit" her (like, cops docs etc, anything that says visit), Ninja's don't visit. They don't die when attacking a Granny.

But again, Eisen. He managed to point this out here

Eisenbeißer wrote:
Requiem wrote:However, my opinion on Raya's alignment is strong, so that's where my vote lies.

@Requiem: What makes you so sure about Raya's alignment?

I am voting Reqieum, because I mistrust his statement about Raya.

Req flipped maf, and he was "sure" about her alignment. Could possibly mean something here.

18. Raya

As for Raya, let's look at Raya here for a few. She's, uh.....been absent.

We have this small insert Q had there in a fairly recent post:

Quaetam wrote:
And Raya. Raya's been busy consistently lately, that much I CAN vouch for, but she's done the same thing Sahrimnir has only to a larger extent. Aside from a FOS and vote on Requiem rather early, for the same reasons I looked at him, the majority of her posting has been to come out and answer points people made against her. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I see her as a legitimate lynch target.

And I don't like how smashy COMPLETELY forgot about EVERY OTHER POINT he levied against her the moment she pointed out the Requiem thing.

Raya has only kind of ignored that insert there, which is even more funny because of this:

Raya wrote:Q's right, I have been rather busy as of late, I've been finding it hard to focus on the game as much as I usually do.

She went ahead and acknowledged the part in Q's quote up there that said she was busy, and....yeah, nothing else about it. Ignoring things like that is bad, I've come to learn.


23. DarkFalco

Wth....come on guys, heh, ANOTHER person that came around on day 2 to go "fuck.....townies with roles gone".

Anyways, DF also gave a slight nod to Avos maybe being a SK, but didn't act on it like Minby did. So I'm thinking it's no big deal.

She's been staying really neutral though for the most part.

Ending all that nonsense. I know it slacked off at the end there, but I've been working on this post for over two hours now and I'm tired of it. Other peoples are:

First and foremost, Q. This man HAS to be inno at this point, I see nothing to counter everything I've seen working for him(which is to say, doesn't mean that much because he never leaves trails behind unless he wants to). The reasons I think he's clean are simple. If he was maf, we wouldn't have had no night kills for the past few nights. People would be dead. Next, he was 100% positive that Avalanche was townie. With the cop being dead since night one, and everyone knowing that he had died, him claiming that Ava is inno, and he knows for a fact, would mean he's maf or else he wouldn't know he was definitely a townie. Then the Masons flipped. It makes a ton of sense now, as it would be reckless for a maf to claim he knows a townie is a townie after the cop is dead, that would make him look bad as all hell. Just gambling on a mason group existing and that the person is in the masons in the first place is not a good idea as a maf. This clears up Ava while we're at it.


There's this whole Smash thing. No counter claim to his claim as doc, yada yada yada. Yes, that helps, but a few things are still odd. Particularly this:

Raya wrote:In regards to you Smash:
Yes, you claimed doc, but no counterclaim certainly doesn't mean you've proven to be one. Hell, if I was the doc I certainly wouldn't openly come out and counterclaim you.


I'll be honest Smash, to me it seems a hell of a lot like you're clutching at straws here. As in you've drawn suspicion before and now you're trying to shunt it onto me. Not aggressively attacking since when I turn up townie everyone will then turn on you, but more trying to generate distrust so someone else will do it instead. Now that to me seems scummy as hell.

tbh I'm tempted to vote for you, but as this day phase is right about to end that won't do much.. Instead I'm going to break the tie and vote for my next in line of suspicion, Avalanche. Again you've been voting for him quite a bit, so his alignment will certainly shed some light.

FoS: Smash

Vote: Avalanche

Yeah, yeah, she voted Ava in the end, but that was before Hudson was removed and flipped Mason, so I don't really blame her on that one. Actually, that does kind of throw some dirt on Raya, doesn't it?

"Instead I'm going to break the tie and vote for my next in line of suspicion, Avalanche." is what I'm looking at in particular. Q is in the middle of pleading with the town to not hang Ava because he knows 100% that Ava is inno. Sounds look a good idea for a mafian to do, doesn't it? Kill off someone Q is vouching for heavily before everyone starts to actually trust him and won't lynch Ava because of it. Granted, the tie was between Ava and TJ, but still.

As for my own suspects....currently, I would say Minby > TJ > Raya. I'm willing to swap Raya and TJ though, considering the above. For now though,

Note: 2 hour and a half mark at this point. How does Q do this all the time? Vote: Minby

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Relm, I agree with pretty much everything you said, up until the very end. You openly say the only thing on me is my inactivity and that I went for Avos over Viero, and I'm still the #1 target?

This is above average activity for me, and while it's no saving grace, it's enough to say I'm not trying to fly under the radar. After the first two phases, I've been putting my neck out, posting suspicious, scumhunting, etc. I've been active nearly every day phase.

And, one more time about the Avos thing. If I told you I was about to kill off someone, and be the only person with a vote to lynch and use it on whoever I want, you'd find me really dangerous. I mean, seriously, even as a confirmed townie, that would be dangerous activity, and with the very real chance that he was a SK, I felt like I was at least protecting someone else from being killed based on his choice. Granted, it really wouldn't have done anything anyway. And if I were defending Viero, I was doing a piss-poor job at it, since he was long dead anyway, since even if votes had switched, avos would have killed him.

Now, for my points, I'm going to have to say Raya is the best lynch target, since I believe it's probably either her or TJ for basically all the reasons you posted, but TJ is actually being active, giving us more to read of his game, so I'm going to Vote:Raya

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:13 pm

@relm i agree with that whole wall, even what you said about myself, minus the neutral bit. when i've had stuff to say, i've been saying it, instead of waiting and watching like some. however, i did read your wall all the way through so here's my thoughts on it.

on minby: in some ways i did agree with him about avos. he's been known to be a bit of a wild card in these games, unpredictable even when he's townie. putting that kind of power in his hands was putting more than one person on edge i'm sure. however while the rest of us were keeping an eye on him he did choose to act. so yeah that either makes him a mafian possibility, or he could have been a very nervous townie trying to help protect against what could have been a bad thing in such hands. While he is a good person to keep an eye on, i'm not so certain that he's a bady as of yet, though i won't discount it.

on tj: while tj made some valid points, a few of which i agreed with, quite a few have also been either super neutral or didn't make much sense. like this:
The reason I voted for Snake day one? There was a signifigant gap between when he recieved his role and when he confirmed it. This was shown by Surge who stated that everyone but two people (Neither Snake) had read their role, yet Snake hadn't confirmed yet. My thinking was that he had done most of his talking on the mafia forum first. I could have been wrong about that (And still might now that I think about it) but that's why I voted on Snake, not because we were mafians together.

yes, snake was mafia so tj was right about that, i'll give it to him. it's just the logic behind it is kind of flawed. it wouldn't mean he wouldn't confirm his role right away so much as not post in the forum right away wouldn't you think? i just don't think the connection is quite valid.

on eisen: i think he's innocent, he has yet to perk my suspicions otherwise. since we had a ninja it makes sense to have a granny in response to it.

on smash: i really think he's doctor. we would have had a counterclaim if he wasn't, and i think he is also due to the fact that if a mafian were to counterclaim as soon as he had smash lynched he'd show up innocent and get himself hanged in the process.

on raya: i can understand being a bit busy, but it's getting pretty bad. i don't like it. i want to hear more from her, just to know she's not just lurking to try and protect herself. though really thats not her play style at all. it's just weird and it doesn't really sit well with me.

we can only hope that hudsonboy wasn't the original mason and was recruited even though he was inactive, though i doubt it, which puts us at a small disadvantage without a group that can communicate outside of the forum like the mafians can. Tj was right in one regard as well, the godfather is still out there, most likely at least. Until recently surge hasn't been putting the role in along with the alignment so who knows for sure? it's the most likely thing, though there could also be a cult 3rd party left out there working against us, which is bad news. each work independently, with different goals so losing one group doesn't necessarily mean the end of the game.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:10 pm

Question, Is Sahrimnir still alive? His name isn't crossed out and red in the OP.


Relmitos wrote:There's this whole Smash thing. No counter claim to his claim as doc, yada yada yada. Yes, that helps, but a few things are still odd. Particularly this:

Raya wrote:In regards to you Smash:
Yes, you claimed doc, but no counterclaim certainly doesn't mean you've proven to be one. Hell, if I was the doc I certainly wouldn't openly come out and counterclaim you.


I'll be honest Smash, to me it seems a hell of a lot like you're clutching at straws here. As in you've drawn suspicion before and now you're trying to shunt it onto me. Not aggressively attacking since when I turn up townie everyone will then turn on you, but more trying to generate distrust so someone else will do it instead. Now that to me seems scummy as hell.

tbh I'm tempted to vote for you, but as this day phase is right about to end that won't do much.. Instead I'm going to break the tie and vote for my next in line of suspicion, Avalanche. Again you've been voting for him quite a bit, so his alignment will certainly shed some light.

FoS: Smash

Vote: Avalanche

Yeah, yeah, she voted Ava in the end, but that was before Hudson was removed and flipped Mason, so I don't really blame her on that one. Actually, that does kind of throw some dirt on Raya, doesn't it?

Is that supposed to signify something odd about me, or Raya? Also, when I look back at Raya's post, to me it looks like she was doing the exact same thing she was accusing me of. Generate distrust, but not be overly aggressive and have someone else go for me.

I've thought about it though, and while my gut says somethings off, right now I do not think Raya is mafia. I think if she was, then people would be dying at night as she would pick targets that I wouldn't be protecting, and this whole game I've either been self protecting, or protecting Q.

Speaking of which, the lack of night kills for the third time makes me wonder if there even is a mafian left. Maybe there is a mafia that can't make a night kill. Or maybe the last mafian (if we assume there's only one left) is choosing to not night kill. I could see Raya playing out a tactic like that, but I doubt that's the case.

Something needs to happen, and while I don't feel like I have as much to draw on as before (I would have tried to push a lynch on hudsonboy if he wasn't modkilled, tbh), I do have one thing to go off of. Right now it's between TheTJ and Minby. To Minby's credit, he was the third to vote for Requiem the day he was lynched, and after I had roleclaimed, but also TheTJ was quick to follow my lead when voting for Sah. What hurts Minby is that he hasn't been as active as far as voting goes, so there isn't much of a voting record, and I have a nagging feeling that he may have thought that vote on Requiem was safe vote on a mafian without getting him the majority (assuming he is mafia). What hurts TheTJ is that he had his vote on Avalanche at the end of the day that requiem was lynched.

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out who wuld be the last remaining mafia. Or maybe I'm just grasping at straws again.

Vote: Minby

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:17 pm

@DF: Yeah.....I was seriously getting worn out by the time I got to your section, hence why it had all of three things in it. I'll try to go back to it and flesh it out some, maybe. Making no promises here. To address your own points:


1.) I will grant, I might be looking into a little bit to much, but I still believe he could maybe be maf.

2.) The logic for why he thought Snake was maf though....so bad. I posted that same thing you quoted in my own wall saying "what is this?"

3.) Basically, yea. It's semantics but, Ninjas are there to deal with grannies, not grannies to deal with ninja's Razz

4.) Response is below.

5.) For now I'm sticking to my guns and going for Minby, but I'm up for a Raya lynch next game day. Just looks so bad.


Moving on

smashbro wrote:Is that supposed to signify something odd about me, or Raya? Also, when I look back at Raya's post, to me it looks like she was doing the exact same thing she was accusing me of. Generate distrust, but not be overly aggressive and have someone else go for me.

Yeah, I probably could have, should have expanded on that bit. Made it more clear. I personally trust you, and that was mostly a shot at Raya there. I do find her suspicious, lemme bring up that quote a bit, expand it somewhat to make it make more sense as to what I was getting at.

Raya wrote:In regards to you Smash:
Yes, you claimed doc, but no counterclaim certainly doesn't mean you've proven to be one. Hell, if I was the doc I certainly wouldn't openly come out and counterclaim you.


tbh I'm tempted to vote for you, but as this day phase is right about to end that won't do much. Instead I'm going to break the tie and vote for my next in line of suspicion, Avalanche. Again you've been voting for him quite a bit, so his alignment will certainly shed some light.

FoS: Smash

Vote: Avalanche

So, she goes all through this to bring up "Yeah, Smash is like....my top suspect. Let me vote on Avalanche anyways." Ever since she said Smash was one of her top suspects, if not the top, she hasn't made a move against him since, and started going after inactives after it was brought up "hey, we need to kill the inactives now. They're troublesome." Voted on Sah, but he was a dead man walking, so I make nothing out of that. Yeah, I know, she nodded in one post going "yeah, still don't like him.", but hasn't gone on the full offensive yet. If there's lots of reasons to go after Smash, why not lay them out for people to consider for the next phase? Especially considering her posts being near the end of the phase lately. Without laying them down because "the phase is about to be done with so it won't do anything" just isn't gonna do anything at all, ever. Could be seen as trying to make people look funny at Smash without leading the charge herself.

Raya wrote:I'll be honest Smash, to me it seems a hell of a lot like you're clutching at straws here. As in you've drawn suspicion before and now you're trying to shunt it onto me. Not aggressively attacking since when I turn up townie everyone will then turn on you, but more trying to generate distrust so someone else will do it instead. Now that to me seems scummy as hell.

It's like you said, she was kind of trying to redirect attention to you right there. It kinda went like "herp, derp, Smash could be blamed for shifting the attention.....let's call him out. HEY GUYS, SMASH IS DIVERTING ATTENTION!!!! Btw, I'm doing it to. Right now."

Then one last little bit of it.

Raya wrote:Yes, you claimed doc, but no counterclaim certainly doesn't mean you've proven to be one. Hell, if I was the doc I certainly wouldn't openly come out and counterclaim you.

Sooooo, like, I can see WHY someone wouldn't want to oust themselves in the first place when doing so would've gotten you nailed if you really are a doc, but come on. At that point we had Snake, Viero, and Req dead, with Q just having slammed Spoon hard enough to get him hung. Surely there aren't many more mafs, why not oust what could be the last maf, as Q said, especially now since Spoon and Sah has also joined the ranks of dead mafs.

Sooooo yes, I have to apologize to you on that one Smash.

Will say though, I'm starting to sway from my Minby vote onto Raya. Not quite yet, but the more I discuss Raya the more I go "this just....doesn't look right"



Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:24 pm

Textwalls abound! First thing, a couple of you have brought up my reasoning on voting Snake. I'd like to remind you this was my reasoning for voting Snake on day one. The only reason I gave it is because I think people were accusing me of being a mafian voting mafian at the time. And as for my normal playstyle... I guess I want to get this on the record... I lurk until I find a starting point. Game 6 is was Raya and the zombie infection, last game it was Surge v. Q, this game Avalanche attacked me for being noncommital. My official playstyle from here on out is "I stay quiet till I have something good to argue about".

As for right now... I'm a bit torn. Raya would have been my first choice for this dayphase, but Minby's in the lead currently and he'd have been my next choice (Then DF, then Relm) and right now I think I'd rather vote to widen the gap than to tie it.

So Vote: Minby

EDIT: Ninja'd by Relm. And seriously it was my reasoning for day ONE. Some people just RNG or grudge vote. This would be a step up.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:08 pm

now that you bring it up relm, the fact that raya kept pushing smash does look really bad, especially since she kept pushing hard even after he roleclaimed. it's a good/bad mafia tactic, depending on the way you look at it. that and the push for av too, whom we assume is innocent.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:53 am

smashbro wrote:Question, Is Sahrimnir still alive? His name isn't crossed out and red in the OP.
No, he's dead. List updated.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 am

Yeah, after pondering on it more, I do believe I will Unvote: Minby and Vote: Raya. Currently, it ties the vote, and should the tie not be broken closer to the end of the phase, I'll swap it back. But for now, I'm thinking a Raya hanging would be good.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Raya on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:12 am

I'm agreeing with DF about there being a third party we need to take out to win the game. I'm seriously doubting there's any mafia left. 5 are dead, and since we have 24 players having 6 mafians seems just a bit too high. That and we've had no kills for ages; I doubt that the mafia have been successfully blocked/prevented/whatever so several nights running. I suspect there is a third party that are still about and need to be dealt with. But what sort of third party?

- SK: Extremely unlikely. No kill history to back it up.
- Cult: Unlikely, Surge said he wanted to run a vanilla game, cult seems too complicated for that.
- Jester: Possible, but in which case there's not much sense continuing as the only way they can *not* win is if they're the last player standing.
- Survivor: Possible, they need to drag on the debate and get everyone lynched save themselves.

It's the survivor I'm leaning towards the most, but if that's true it's going to be extremely difficult to find them and stop them, as survivors don't really scumslip in quite the same way, for saying they're not mafia nor have teammates. In which case I'd looked towards people who are encouraging the debate along, making themselves look townie as possible and arguing for lynches on other people. Like say Smash or Q.

On the subject of myself I know I haven't done much to make myself look clean, especially since I haven't been as active as I normally am. I would like to point out that I was the one who called out Req before he came under suspicion, I lead the argument and I was right. So, I'll throw in a roleclaim. I'm not a fan of doing so, but right now my power isn't too good for the town, and really my main use at the moment is that I'm alive and adding weight of numbers. I'm the Lawyer, I was the one who wrote the wills of Fed and TD after they died. Haven't done much since because, well, it's mainly been the mafians that were dying Razz

I'm not throughly convinced that Minby is our third party, but it's a tie and I don't want to die, so:

Vote: Minby

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4559
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 am

Wait a minute....waaaaait a minute.

TheTJ wrote: At the moment I'm leaning towards Raya for very little activity from her, at least in comparison to some other games she's played in.

TheTJ wrote:As for right now... I'm a bit torn. Raya would have been my first choice for this dayphase, but Minby's in the lead currently and he'd have been my next choice (Then DF, then Relm) and right now I think I'd rather vote to widen the gap than to tie it.

So Vote: Minby

So.....Raya's your top suspect, yet you vote on Minby on the grounds of, he's leading. It was currently, at the time of your vote, 2 to 1, Minby in the lead. That's not exactly a really strong lead, there. According to Surge, we were granted an extra 24 hours, my post stamps say Surge posted at about 2:30 PM, your post stamp says 11:30 PM. More then enough time for more people to show up and vote. With my own vote swap, if you had stuck to your guns and attacked your own first target, it would currently be 1 Minby 3 Raya, though 2 Minby 3 Raya now with Raya's Minby vote. Currently Raya would be on the block if you would've followed your suspected target from last day phase, and this day phase.

Ohai Raya.


Raya wrote:I suspect there is a third party that are still about and need to be dealt with. But what sort of third party?

- SK: Extremely unlikely. No kill history to back it up.
- Cult: Unlikely, Surge said he wanted to run a vanilla game, cult seems too complicated for that.
- Jester: Possible, but in which case there's not much sense continuing as the only way they can *not* win is if they're the last player standing.
- Survivor: Possible, they need to drag on the debate and get everyone lynched save themselves.

It's the survivor I'm leaning towards the most

Survivors kinda....you know, win when one side wins. If there was still only townies and a survivor left, both parties would've won by now.

Raya wrote: I'm the Lawyer, I was the one who wrote the wills of Fed and TD after they died. Haven't done much since because, well, it's mainly been the mafians that were dying Razz

Lawyer you say? Man, Epic Mafia is being really helpful this game. For me anyways. Again, from Epic Mafia.

Lawyer

* Visits one mafia member every night.
* That person will appear innocent on cop reports.
* Sided with the mafia.

Thaaaat doesn't really seem like a townie role, I would think, considering it says sided with the mafia, and what-not. That and, you know.....you just lied about what your role actually does. Yeah, I want a Raya lynch now.

Who knows, if the game doesn't end with Raya's death, should she flip maf (Which I'm inclined to think she will, at this point), targets would be TJ and maybe Eisen. It does add up, you know. Only Fed died night one. Originally I just thought of it as a coincidence(which was actually kinda stupid in retrospect, with how many players are actually in this game) that the cop and the mafia both went after Eisen. Why Eisen? I mean, he tends to live until the end of the game. This makes no sense to me, right there. Let's play with a small theory here. Let's say that Surge posted Td and Fed's will that they themselves made, and not Raya, and Raya IS a lawyer, either Eisen IS the god father, or Raya used Lawyer on him, making him look inno. I'm also beginning to wonder about Eisen on that fact. Minby, his fate is probably gonna rely on a Raya lynch, unless people don't change votes. TJ with what I posted above....yeah, lots of nice targets now.

Should we hang Raya, and she flips maf, I'd say that narrows down the choices to TJ or Eisen, out of everyone. I'd lean more towards TJ, as Eisen's role claim makes sense with a ninja in the game. Except that whole third party thing. Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, hang Raya. If not today, tomorrow. Do it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Eisenbeißer on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:15 am

Sorry, but I wasn't at home the last days.

I don't believe that Raya is mafian, because she could use the night for kills and I think the same about Q and Avalanche too.

Sorry, but I am not the godfather. But I have an funny idea. The doc could protect me at night and the mafia could visit me. I think that my night ability should boost the game a bit. Smile


Spoiler:

At the moment I would like to know if Minby is mafian or not.
vote Minby

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 179
Join date : 2011-02-12
Age : 33
Location : Vienna, Austria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:39 am

Well... the Ninja claim seems to have semi-confirmed the Granny role here a bit... And Eisen loks like he's the Granny, so there's that. Raya's the Lawyer?... Hrm... well, it could explain the wills being written, as the granny role doesn't make a whole lotta sense with that... I'd say it's possible she's the last mafian, except I think the Godfather still must be out there. I'm gonna leave my vote on Minby for now I think, but I'd like to hear from Q and Av soon.

Also, Relm you can't really be upset at me for not anticipating a bunch of activity, not the way this day has been going.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:16 am

TJ, you have to think for yourself this late in the game. Your last two posts have been about piggybacking off of other people, first only voting me because I was in the lead in votes, even though you suspected Raya more, and now you need to wait and listen for Q and Av? What is this? If I didn't find Raya's pushing for surge incredibly damning, I would say you're Mafian, but really, you need to have your own vote, even if it is for me. Do something because it's what you believe, not because you're told to, especially if you can't hear them before the phase ends.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:38 am

Okay, let's see. I'm voting for you because you're one of the four viable targets I see left. I'm voting for you because you implied wanting to hear what Q and Av think is the same as waiting for their go-ahead. I'm voting for you because several times you've posted simply to state that you were still posting. I'm voting for you because several times you've called me suspicious or scummy, but never voted for me. I'm voting for you because several times you have done the "It's either A or B" thing, which I'm frankly getting sick of. Sometimes it's neither, sometimes it's both.

And I'm also going to keep my vote on you because you implied I'm not thinking for myself, which is actually pretty darn insulting. I voted for you when you were in the lead because you were one of the people I was considering. It wouldn't have done me a whole lotta good then to vote to tie, especially if the thread went dead again right after, which was a possibility. I want Q's and Av's input because they are players in this game who haven't spoken up in a while, not because I need their sage wisdom to make decisions for myself.

In summary: don't be condescending.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:54 am

TJ, no need to be a pancake. I called you out on two things in a row that made you seem like you were playing for someone else, and you turn me into the big bad villain. You said you saw Raya as the most suspicious. And, seriously? Because I don't say "in my opinion" before everything, you're assuming that I'm saying it's that black and white? No, it's implied that what I say is what I think. I'm not some chess master that knows everything, I'm assuming just like anyone else, and trying to imput to the game, more than you have, actually. And seriously, man. You're keeping the vote on me for a personal reason? That is not how you play the game, which is what this is, a game. Things get said, get over it. And that last post was not meant to be condescending, but after being a jerk to me personally in that last one, this one totally is.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2960
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 22
Location : Lost in Geno's Maze

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:34 am

TheTJ wrote:Also, Relm you can't really be upset at me for not anticipating a bunch of activity, not the way this day has been going.

Upset, no, not at all. Just saying it's something odd, what you did. It's not like you couldn't have done what I've been doing. Checking back periodically to see things play out, or even changing the votes should something change so that, for example since it's relevant right now, your top suspect would die instead of some guy who's "in the lead". I mean, you are here to post the above, are you not? You came back after your previous post to look at the topic and see what was up, you could've swapped the votes based on the changes that happened during your absence. That's all I mean.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:12 am

Sorry for not talking much the past couple dayphases, been too busy IRL.

Relmitos, things like what you did here, totally revitalizing the game, have been giving me a lot of faith the past few games that people on this site are becoming more confident in their mafia playing, and that the game can continue. Great job man.

Raya's been on my list for days now, and for the most part, I actually don't have much to add, as Relmitos has covered almost all the points that make her seem scummy, that or I have in prior days. If you're mafia, Relm, amazing job. If you're townie, amazing job scumhunting. Seriously, dude, I'm very impressed, and I mean that in the least patronizing way possible.

Yeah, there's no way the survivor would keep the game going; in that case we'd have a SK without kills or something like that. If that's what Eisen's role is, a Killer that needs to rely on others acting on it to win, I'll be surprised, because frankly but it's not something we need to worry about yet.

And now, now Raya's claim smells of bullshit. Ignoring the EpicMafia definition, because you guys all know that rolenames can easily be repurposed by the host as needed, Raya's claim to have written postmortem wills kind of damns her in my eyes. See, for a townie to make wills for other players without being able to actually contact them is kind of silly in the first place, and for a townie to make a will for Fedaykin, town cop, randomly stating another player's innocence (as she'd have no way of knowing), is absolutely foolish. For a mafian, however, this would make sense.

That said I know surge put in some sort of death-interaction mechanic, as he has the 1-dayphase wait rule for dead people. If Raya is a deathspeaker this would make some sense, but for now I'm not too keen on trusting this claim. And frankly I'm more inclined to think that the wills were a mechanic given to the detection roles than the result of a deathspeaker, because honestly with a deathspeaker we wouldn't have a limit of only one day in which to talk to someone. That would limit the role's options quite a bit.

Also, Minby, TJ, take it easy guys Razz

For now I'll Vote: Raya. I have more to say in a while though, just need to look things over a bit.

Vote Tally:
Raya(3): Minby, Relmitos, Quaetam
Minby(4): smashbro, TheTJ, Raya, Eisen

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2515
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 am

Thanks for the words man, really. Just coming in to add a little something to your post

Quaetam wrote:Yeah, there's no way the survivor would keep the game going; in that case we'd have a SK without kills or something like that. If that's what Eisen's role is, a Killer that needs to rely on others acting on it to win, I'll be surprised, because frankly but it's not something we need to worry about yet.

An SK that requires others acting on him to win is almost impossible in this game, I'd say. There are vanillas. Lots of them. Should he actually be only able to night kill if others act on him, he would only win by being the last man standing in the three way at the endgame. I highly doubt this is what the deal is.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3672
Join date : 2008-10-23
Age : 28
Location : Louisiana, where Gator is good food.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:48 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum