Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:16 pm

This was the worst game for me. Ever.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:10 pm

I had a lot of fun this game, and I was glad to see that we relied off in game discussion and not much on powers and PMs. This game showed that No PMs don't really benefit or hinder any party, just depends on how they're used, and also games don't need to be power heavy for scum hunting.

What I really liked though was being the center of Q's attention for a bit, shrugging it off, and living. I figured that since I was a townie, shit would just work out for me because it never does when I am mafia. And being doctor made me not have to worry much about living through the night.

GG, guys!

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:24 pm

I do have to admit, for the majority of this game I was exceptionally busy; I never really had time to hardcore analyze anyone except Spoon. He was the mafian I was most certain about besides Viero (because once Snake was lynched it was obvious). I'm glad I was successful in the scumhunt; pinpointed four mafians across night 2 to day 5, but honestly I was nervous and underconfident quite a lot because I simply didn't have the time to analyze all options.

smashbro wrote:I had a lot of fun this game, and I was glad to see that we relied off in game discussion and not much on powers and PMs. This game showed that No PMs don't really benefit or hinder any party, just depends on how they're used, and also games don't need to be power heavy for scum hunting.

Total, 100% agreement on my part.

smashbro wrote:What I really liked though was being the center of Q's attention for a bit, shrugging it off, and living.

To be completely honest, the way you handled my attack, that whole 'shrugging it off' thing while paying a large amount of attention to the attack, and dodging questions... The only reason you lived was the fact that you roleclaimed something that more or less had to be in this game, and nobody cced you. The way you handled me in game was incredibly, incredibly scummy; to the point that I STILL doubted your innocence after your claim Razz.

That said when I did get all paranoid later on in the game, thinking the blocked kills were waaay too good to be true, I looked back and saw the way spoon had attacked you and felt more comfortable. But I was still tweaked by it.

And THAT said, I feel bad now; you saved my ass numerous times and here I was all suspicious of you Sad

And this isn't to say you played bad, at all, just that the way you reacted to me throughout the first few days was exceedingly scummy, and got a number of us looking at you strange (initially just me, but then Avalanche and Relmitos and a few others as well) I'm glad I was wrong, and it's a good thing you lived, really, because honestly you played great, and were instrumental in our success, and I'd have lost confidence after your lynch, eheh.

smashbro wrote:GG, guys!

And a great game to you as well. You did amazing, and I'm glad we were able to get over the argument we had across the first four days and work together as a WIFOM team against the mafia. Great play, man.

Also, I'm glad this game went so well, because honestly for the first few days I paid very, very little attention. There's a thing I've been doing the past several games that's more or less cranking my activity to a maximum rather than sitting back and analyzing for a few days; I've done this to try to promote discussion among all the other players, as a whole, and improve the game of mafia on these boards. Look at what Relmitos did this last dayphase: He posted a huge wall of suspects and got EVERYONE talking. We had 2 pages up in 24 hours. That's what I've been trying to do on a larger scale; be more aggressive, more active, just in general get people talking so all the other townies can scumhunt better, and so that it's a fun game Razz. Dunno how much my actions have helped, but I see that this is happening either way, and I'm happy about it.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:19 pm

Im legitimatly sorry for being as inactive as I was. But with my finals and such, I had to prioritize.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Part two!
Mafia forum: http://shadowmen.forumotions.info/

Playername: Eisenbiber
Role: Paranoid Gun Owner
Affiliation: Survivor

You knew it was only a matter of time before everything went to hell. You've been preparing for the day that everyone turned on eachother, and when that day comes, you're gonna outgun everyone else. Years of hording canned goods and ammo has left you well-armed, but a little bit paranoid, and if anyone so much as lays a toe on your property you will blow it off.

Anyone who visits you at night will be killed. In addition, you win only by surviving to the very end, no matter which party ends the game. Have fun Razz

This was the role I more or less designed the game around. I knew I wanted to have townies, and Q urged me to throw in one of those absurd power roles, which isn't quite my style, but I knew I had a great opportunity to throw in PGO, one of the most unpredictable roles, with my high vanilla concentration. Seeing it go to eisen, a player who naturally draws suspicion without doing much, was great fun.
---
Playername: Minby
Role: Godfather
Affiliation: Mafia

Years ago, you watched a cold, unfeeling mafia take the town from the peaceful citizens who lived there. Just because the town has settled into relative peace, you haven't forgotten that this town was built on the death of your family. And a town built on scum, is scum. You'll kill everyone if you have to, to get the town back in the hands of the people who built it from nothing.

You are a member of the mafia. You seek to kill townies at night, while yourself avoiding being lynched during the day. Mafia whens when they gain a majority on the town. You and your fellow mafians can communicate at night and during the day in this forum:

In addition, you are the godfather, the figurehead of the mafia. As you keep a clean image in town, you will scan innocent from night investigation powers. In addition, you may write a single post, a will, upon your death, for your fellow mafians in the mafia forum.
Your fellow mafians are:

Starting with godfather, A role I never liked until I tried it and realized how well it meshes with forum mafia. I knew I wanted a will in this game, so originally Godfather was the only player to get a will, which was kinda arbitrary in hindsight since he has a mafia forum. Minby had a bit of a hard time, being that his comrades with in sequence getting each other killed, he had to stay relatively inactive (as he normally is) in order to keep scrutiny off of himself. In the end an unlucky call in a pool of suspicious townies upset what could have been a good solo run.
---
Playername: Sahriminir
Role: Ninja

Years ago, you watched a cold, unfeeling mafia take the town from the peaceful citizens who lived there. Just because the town has settled into relative peace, you haven't forgotten that this town was built on the death of your family. And a town built on scum, is scum. You'll kill everyone if you have to, to get the town back in the hands of the people who built it from nothing.

You are a member of the mafia. You seek to kill townies at night, while yourself avoiding being lynched during the day. Mafia whens when they gain a majority on the town. You and your fellow mafians can communicate at night and during the day in this forum:

In addition, you are a ninja, master of stealth. No one will be able to know who you visited at night (whatever that means.)
Your fellow mafians are:

I didn't want an all vanilla mafia, so they had two power roles. This one was to counter PGO as well as watcher. Sah carried out most of the kills until he was called out in thread with little ability to answer, and was lynched.
---
Playername: snakeinabox
Role: Muscle

In addition, you have the ability to make a single mafia kill unblockable. It must be you who performs the kill.
Your fellow mafians are:

This role was thrown in to break a doc/cop collusion, where doc keeps cop safe while he calls out innocent/guilty. Snake was lynched under dubious circumstances, and never got to put this role to use, but as you can read in the forum, it was mostly being saved to stomp Q.
---
Playername: Viero, Requiem, Spoonman,
Role: Goon

Your fellow mafians are:

This games mafia totaled to six, which is actually a little low for a standard game, where the usual ratio is 1/3rd of total players. They had a hard time with the early kill on snake triggering a reaction that tied 4 of them together. More on that later. They fought well, but got a bit of an unlucky hand.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm

There was some good play and some discouraging play this game that I observed, I'll start with the good. The interthread discussion was fantastic, I was afraid people would get burnt or confused and that the discussion would fizzle, taking my game with it, but I was overall very pleased with the caliber of discussion this game fostered, particularly from relmitos, eisen, avos, requiem, but also others. Thanks again to everyone who made this game a great joy to run, and observe. I set out with the goal of making this the game where good posting won or lost it, and not powers, and I'd say we accomplished that. Smile

There was some stuff I wasn't too pleased to observe. There was cheating, some was accusations of blatant cheating, and others was just kinda of in a gray area, but definitely superseded the limits of the game. Q is already aware of the blatant cheating, and I think the parties involved will be barred from participating in the next game. The other instances, I will call out non specifically:
1. Do not tell others of your role outside of mafia. This was cheating, but actually ended up backfiring on the person who broke the rule, so while I can't say it didn't sort itself out, it was still against the rules.
2. Unless specifically instructed to, do not post PMs I've sent you. This one I understand, I don't believe I explicitly banned this tactic in the opening post, but as it's happened in the past, posting screencaps or even logs of messages I've sent you about mafia in the thread is a no-no, except in avos' case, where it was part of his role. This was really not a big deal, but I felt funny about it and wanted to bring it up.

The other was inactivity. I had to drop some people for inactivity, and others while still remaining technically active, were clearly not paying attention and only posting because they were prodded to. Voting too was at an all time low, and while some instances were not completely clear on who was and who wasnt mafia, I don't believe it's an excuse to always abstain from voting. Just throw some pressure around, you can always unvote. This was probably the point that frustrated me the most, I wanted to see big numbers up there but was lucky if more than half of you voted. I suspect part of it is people not enjoying being stuck with a vanilla townie, a role met with some resistance, or the lack of PMs guiding people who need to branch out and make friends before they can make moves.

Those were the only two things I disliked. MVP in my eyes would probably be a toss up between smashbro with his triple block, avos for his brilliant bluff as vig, relmitos for sifting through and catching the godfather in a sea of suspicion, or quaetam for being quaetam. I hope you guys enjoyed this game as much as I enjoyed running it, and if you didn't, let us know why! It's okay to criticize. I'll see you guys at game 20 B)

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:01 am

Yeah, can't believe I never gave feedback on this, but Avos, that was utterly brilliant. An awesome play, to say the least. The rest of you I think I've already complimented, but seriously, for someone constantly underrated in mafia (I say underrated because you're always underestimated... you're a smart guy, and now that you've sharpened up your playstyle have started to do muuuuch better), you did exceedingly well.

Posting PMs from the host has never really been an issue as they can easily be faked, or, well, more easily than screenshots. I'd say that one's more a host-to-host basis, though screenshots are unquestioningly a total, universal ban. Definitely one I'll consider for a rule though, I can understand why you mentioned it here, without a doubt.

And yes, the parties that cheated that blatant way are not entering my game Razz

For criticism, my only feedback would be that you were a little inconsistent with the phase shifts; try to set a deadline and make it. In my case, just as an example, since I'm narration-heavy, if the post needs to wait I'll still call the end of dayphase, then post the shift as soon as it's written.

But yeah, it was a great game. That goal you set, it was definitely accomplished, without a doubt.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:07 am

Well, I didn't get that much to do, but scanning Eisen was totally worth it.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:37 am

After browsing the mafia forum a little bit, I saw this little thing

Viero wrote:Hudson, Suicide, Dramakat and Relm seem like the most likly people to be umong the less active people.

Awww, come on guys, I'm never THAT inactive. There's way worse then me out there Razz

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 am

SurgePox wrote:
Playername: Eisenbiber
Role: Paranoid Gun Owner
Affiliation: Survivor

You knew it was only a matter of time before everything went to hell. You've been preparing for the day that everyone turned on eachother, and when that day comes, you're gonna outgun everyone else. Years of hording canned goods and ammo has left you well-armed, but a little bit paranoid, and if anyone so much as lays a toe on your property you will blow it off.

Anyone who visits you at night will be killed. In addition, you win only by surviving to the very end, no matter which party ends the game. Have fun Razz

This was the role I more or less designed the game around. I knew I wanted to have townies, and Q urged me to throw in one of those absurd power roles, which isn't quite my style, but I knew I had a great opportunity to throw in PGO, one of the most unpredictable roles, with my high vanilla concentration. Seeing it go to eisen, a player who naturally draws suspicion without doing much, was great fun.

Thanks for the role, I liked it. Sorry Fed that I have outgunned you.

The next time I will inform people before I am absent from a game. Sad I didn't know that I am not allowed to use the PMs to steady my inactivity during my Barcelona trip. Sad

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:54 am

Quaetam wrote:To be completely honest, the way you handled my attack, that whole 'shrugging it off' thing while paying a large amount of attention to the attack, and dodging questions... The only reason you lived was the fact that you roleclaimed something that more or less had to be in this game, and nobody cced you. The way you handled me in game was incredibly, incredibly scummy; to the point that I STILL doubted your innocence after your claim Razz.
I was just giving you the courtesy of acknowledging you post. :B I do hate it when people ignore my accusations at them. Also, at first I thought it would have been worse to have ignored you, and then just kept digging the hole I was in until I thought necessary to role claim.

Quaetam wrote:And THAT said, I feel bad now; you saved my ass numerous times and here I was all suspicious of you Sad
Eh, don't. I think it worked out better this way than trying to openly cooperate.

I figured you being alive was more valuable to me than myself, because you were being very accurate with scumhunting while I was guessing... Maybe the self protect was because of WIFOM (am I using the term right).

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:00 am

Eisenbeißer wrote:The next time I will inform people before I am absent from a game. Sad I didn't know that I am not allowed to use the PMs to steady my inactivity during my Barcelona trip. Sad
The fact that you PMd me was greatly appreciated, and I thought people would pick up on the fact that when listing inactive players, I specifically did NOT mention you. Sorry man.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:05 am

SurgePox wrote:The fact that you PMd me was greatly appreciated, and I thought people would pick up on the fact that when listing inactive players, I specifically did NOT mention you. Sorry man.

I did! Razz

Relmitos wrote:This kind of does help backup Eisen's claim of being away on business. He says he sent Surge a PM saying that he'd be away and why, in the above Surge says he'll mod kill inactive, and proceeds to point out the ones he would mod kill should they not post. Eisen was not in his list. Hudson and Drama failed to post and they died, Suicide managed to eek out a post to survive. Myself, I'm looking at Suicide and TJ. For now I'll Vote: Suicide.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:08 am

smashbro wrote:I'm so sorry.

So very, very sorry...

Spoiler:

I wasn't able to open the spoiler in the office, but the cartoon is awsome!! Smile

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 am

Relmitos wrote:After browsing the mafia forum a little bit, I saw this little thing

Viero wrote:Hudson, Suicide, Dramakat and Relm seem like the most likly people to be umong the less active people.

Awww, come on guys, I'm never THAT inactive. There's way worse then me out there Razz

I included you and Suicide because of the vanilla roles. And if I recall correctly you said yourself you may not be that active. Razz

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Yea I'm not even going to keep it a secret anymore. Roxas looked up my role and used it against me from the start.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Can I get to say 'I told you so' about my role? Razz Also Smash, how did you manage to block so well. Are you a wizard.

Totally agreeing with the praise for Avos. He's such a dark horse in mafia. Like when he got the bomb role in my game. Heh, a lot of us have roles we're strongly associated with because of how well we play them, I'm pretty sure Avos' should be vigilante now Razz

Good game, was interesting to play a power-lite game again. Sorry I didn't get quite as into it as I normally do. I've been burnt out at life recently. Will do better for the next game.

I will say though Vie did scumslip to me early on in the game...he sent me a message about the Grand Brawl, but left the title as 'Re: Mafia board'. Oops Razz I don't think he noticed, or at least hoped I didn't. Didn't do anything with it though, since it was a mistake and was info I wouldn't have known, so I didn't bring it into the thread. Wouldn't have been fair.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:19 pm

Thanks everyone, it definitely was an honor to be mafia killed for the first time rather than lynched!

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Raya wrote:
I will say though Vie did scumslip to me early on in the game...he sent me a message about the Grand Brawl, but left the title as 'Re: Mafia board'. Oops Razz I don't think he noticed, or at least hoped I didn't. Didn't do anything with it though, since it was a mistake and was info I wouldn't have known, so I didn't bring it into the thread. Wouldn't have been fair.

Actually no, that was the title of the last PM YOU sent me when you hosted, just was busy and had to go real fast so I did not bother to change it. Razz

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 am

Had I lived long enough to hear about your role Raya, I definately would have backed you up. I would have pointed out that I too had a lawyer role, back in game 11, which was townie affiliated. Granted, you would have seen it (After I died) as a way of making you out to look bad (Which granted would have been a perk), even though I would have done it primarily out of the fact that it was true that the lawyer role wasn't only a mafian class.

Aside from that, my argument against War is still something I would have done as a townie. I still would have said 'We' when classified with the other people, and I still would have gone out of my way to cause a stir because of it, because it really did annoy me that he had such a shoddy reason for thinking me mafian. I have no regrets for this.

I did enjoy myself a bit, being on the scum side of the fence for once. I'm really hoping Q's game get's me completely out of the rut I've been in though.

As for Q himself. I really hate being on opposing sides with you. That is all.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 pm

Hekatommy Riagon wrote:
Actually no, that was the title of the last PM YOU sent me when you hosted, just was busy and had to go real fast so I did not bother to change it. Razz

Derp. I did originally think that, but when I scrolled through the message history I didn't see any mafia PMs. Now you've said that I realise it's because I deleted the mafia posts but kept some earlier messages from you, so there was a gap in the history Razz Oh well, no harm done, it didn't affect the game at all.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic View next topic Back to top