Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mafia 19 - Back in Black 2: Black with a Vengeance

Post  Quaetam on Sun May 06, 2012 2:12 am

Well, yeah, "don't be scummy" is a general approach to not being scummy Razz

Any scumhunting can be circumventing by good scum playing, that's a fact. But nobody's perfect, so scumhunting is a viable strategy. You have to understand, while a good deal of mindgames go on in both my strategy and others', scumhunting is, in core, about analysis. Who do you find scummy? What do you think of what they've said, what they've done? The thing we call "reaction testing" is literally that, gauging peoples' reactions to what you've said, etc. You can do it strategically, yeah, you can plan your statements to try to force people to slip, and that can be very effective, but you ultimately have to decide for yourself what to think of peoples' reactions, that's what it's all about.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun May 06, 2012 4:41 am

too drunk for this shit, really happy with the play that's gone down so far though.

This phase will end at noon tomorrow PST. From here on out I shall try to end it on a normal schedule.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun May 06, 2012 10:40 am

Quaetem wrote:As for Warchamp, you've certainly been bringing logic to the table, but it's logic that contains a lot of flaws. If you support doing a lynch that matters why are you this intent on getting Weldar out? Surge stated people would be modkilled/subbed for inactivity, and even if he hadn't, that's the usual host approach, why should it be different now?

It's logical to wait in this situation and take him out later if he isn't modkilled, really. I don't see why anyone would be 'defending' him as mafian, because they'd know that he's likely to be kicked out. We literally are voting between taking out someone who is random, and someone who is dropping out of the game anyways.

Cause flip flopping my vote all over the place looks scummy? Since everyone seems convinced Weldar will be modkilled (Though I'd like a confirmation of it), I'm switching to Vote: Requiem since he's the most suspicious player in my eyes, and I'd prefer that over the random vote on DRTJR (This is gonna look awful if DR flips mafia lmao)

Quaetam wrote:However, let me explain the way testing works. The idea behind reaction testing is something core to scum-hunting: Press people based on the small things, see how they react. It's a perfectly legitimate strategy, and has worked well in the past.

Oh so you can do it, but the second I do it I'm suspicious for it? You're being hypocritical Q.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Dude, voteflopping isn't scummy if you have a good reason for it Razz

Oh so you can do it, but the second I do it I'm suspicious for it? You're being hypocritical Q.

Now that it's NOT early in the morning, and I've had some sleep, I have to openly confess, that certainly was a little hypocritical, and I apologize.

That said, it wasn't without reason: for me it isn't so much that you pressed him for a reaction, no, it was that you've blown it a bit out of proportion, insist he's grasping at straws to defend himself, and say he's "deflecting attention" and so forth. While I'll admit his argument against you IS oddly timed, it does have some logic to it. It's not logic I agree with, but it's still understandable. That's why it bothered me, because it DOES seem like a situation where you have done exactly what Suicide described, taken one thing he said, assumed he's mafia based on it, and taken every statement that follows as an attempt to throw attention off himself/distract from 'the point'/whatever.

Thing is, as I said in the end of that post, by some very simple logic I really don't think you're mafia, and to be perfectly honest, looking over everything, Requiem does bother me for his attitude. I definitely don't appreciate the whole "I'm just messing with you guys" thing, more than anything else: To pass off a suspicious statement as "lol, I was joking" is certainly a bit scummy.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun May 06, 2012 12:46 pm

To be honest bro, I'm just not into this game, I've been sort of losing interest. Hopefully your game will help get me back into it, but otherwise after I host my own (Assuming I do), I'm probably not going to play nearly as much. I'm kind of just rolling along now. It's only a game after all and there's no real reason for me to be all serious.

Warchamp seemed to be getting more and more serious with his attempts to hunt me down. I figured "Hey, why not?". If I get lynched, well, I tend to die a lot, so it wouldn't really be all that surprising. I'm a chaotic player and so my actions are going to be as such. Much like how Avos has a habit of being the ultimate conspiracy theorist, and how you're pretty much always the methodical scumhunter. I am serious, or playful, defensive or passive, it just depends on how I'm feeling at the time I write something.

Take for instance last night. I was, when I finally got off the computer, at the 43 hour mark of not having sleep (Granted I was up another hour just trying to fall asleep but that doesn't much matter, does it?). Sleep deprived and slightly insane, I just didn't care much about anything regarding the game, I was just trying to entertain myself. In all honesty, I don't think War's mafian, just hyper-aggressive over small details that don't mean anything. Similar to Snake's response to me during my first game, he accused me of trying to start a bandwagon on somebody who wasn't up for vote because I got names mixed up, only in this case, I didn't mix up any names, I said a word defining a group that he(Warchamp) created in an accusation.

I still stand by my response. We, as a group of people who voted on DRTJR, wanted to have a lynch on day one. People picked their old standby day one random votes, a few people grudgevoted DRTJR. I personally decided that he would be a good lynch target as he had the majority of votes on him at the time. Had anyone else had the majority at the time, I would have voted for them. Then came the people voting for Weldar, who has said that he can't play. We don't have a viable replacement for him, so there's a very high chance of him being modkilled. Why lynch somebody who is already going to be modkilled? If he is alive by next dayphase, then lynch him. Don't waste a phase lynching somebody that's going to be modkilled though. That's just silly.

Still, Warchamp considered the group of people suspicious because they voted for DRTJR, claiming that we (The group) were defending Weldar. I in turn made the counterclaim that he was defending DRTJR and trying to get Weldar lynched. Notice a pattern here? He responded saying that he never defended DRTJR. Well wait just a durn minute there pardner! Isn't that what I said about the group that he was accusing? Yet somehow his response is clean?

Spoiler:

I'm sorry, but I don't see how this makes any sense. What I'm trying to say here is, that through process of reasoning (At least through mine), his argument against me is invalid.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun May 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Ah Jegus Christ Vampire Hunter.

Good Evening Avalanche, I hope you like catching up to 6 pages of Mafia.

Warchamp is being incredibly active in over-analysing, which I encourage. It tends to work.
Q managed to launch one of those god-forsaken-annoying-as-fuck-finger-of-suspicions on day 1 already, which must be a bloody record. His way of testing Smash was also a little.....clumsy? It's a decent way of gathering intel, but the way he handled it was just messy :p Though Smash's reasoning was also a little suspicious, so I at least see where Q came from.

Yes, I think that was day 1 in a nutshell?

Vote: Requiem Largely because I'm a supporter of the catch-people-on-small-slips method, and because I think we can clear a lot of the surrounding mess up by determining his allignment.

Last edited by King Avalanche on Sun May 06, 2012 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I accidently the english language. more then once)

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun May 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Req, Warchamp's response isn't any cleaner than yours, what clears him a bit in my eyes is the fact that as a mafian, why would he push so hard for an effective no-lynch day 1 when he could have easily just let things slide and get a random townie lynched? Unless DRTJR is mafian, in which case War could have been defending him, I'm actually more inclined to think Warchamp innocent.

Other than that, I agree with every single point made in your post. Yes, he's finding you suspicious for basically the same reason's you're finding him suspicious short of the Weldar argument, which you guys are on opposite sides of. Yes, it's a bit hypocritical. But as I said, if DRTJR is townie I really don't see Warchamp being mafian.

The alternative is that if Weldar is mafian Warch could have been hoping that by bussing him day 1 he'd look cleaner than if he simply let Weldar get modkilled, but I don't think this is as likely. I'm a proponent of bussing when necessary/when planned or agreed upon by the team, and even I don't think this one would be worth it, given how easy it is to knock off a random townie day 1, and how little suspicion was on Weldar before it. So I stand by my logic, if DRTJR is townie War looks pretty clean, if not, War looks like a mafian.

On the smashbro thing, I don't like his logic, that's the main reason I find him suspicious: I don't know why a townie would question if I'm testing him and then base his response on that, THEN take the angle of "oh, I don't care if you find me suspicious!" and yet still say I'm building a case against him when those suspicions are apparently ones he, as he said, has no excuse for, and is okay with Razz. That said, I'm waiting. It's too early for me to properly gauge this one.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun May 06, 2012 1:26 pm

Quaetam wrote:Req, Warchamp's response isn't any cleaner than yours, what clears him a bit in my eyes is the fact that as a mafian, why would he push so hard for an effective no-lynch day 1 when he could have easily just let things slide and get a random townie lynched? Unless DRTJR is mafian, in which case War could have been defending him, I'm actually more inclined to think Warchamp innocent.

Other than that, I agree with every single point made in your post. Yes, he's finding you suspicious for basically the same reason's you're finding him suspicious short of the Weldar argument, which you guys are on opposite sides of. Yes, it's a bit hypocritical. But as I said, if DRTJR is townie I really don't see Warchamp being mafian.

I did say that I thought Warchamp was clean didn't I? I just thought he was being a bit overzealous in his attack on me, and that his reasoning was faulty, that's all. I accused him on the same grounds he accused me on to prove the point that his point made no sense in the actual case against me, and that it could easily be applied to quite a few situations.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun May 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Vote Tally:
DRTJR (6): Viero, Req, smashbro, Raya, Relmitos, Snake
Weldar (4): Warchamp, Sah, Spoon, Avos
Snake (4): TheTJ, Dramakat, Roxas, DRTJR
Eisen (1): Relmitos
Relmitos (1): Eisen
Requiem (2): td260, avalanche
Viero (1): Fedaykin
Q (1): Suicide

It only took one kill to push the town against each other. One man's blood in the street, and they were already at each others votes. Not even willing to entertain the idea of sparing more bloodshed. Blood begets blood. Already once friendly neighbors accused each other of being murders, criminals, and inactives. In the end, it was DRTJR who would be the outlet of the towns wrath, with his limbs tied to 4 horses, and the horses beaten until they pulled him apart. Satisfied with the lynch, the town headed to bed.

But this was only the beginning.

DRTJR was killed! He was the Inventor! Alignment: Town

"Fuck this!" Rang out a voice in the crowd. Before the eyes could turn on him he was already 50 paces out on horseback. Weldar rode off and was never seen again.

Weldar has quit! He was the Roleblocker, Alignment: Town

We are now in the night phase. This phase will end Tuesday, May 8th at 1pm PST or as soon as I receive all night actions.

Also, because it became a discussion point earlier, I will not be replacing anyone who becomes inactive.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue May 08, 2012 2:43 pm

As the sun rose, the townies stirred form there homes and went out into the town, partially to go about their daily activities, but also because there was a sense of dread with the coming of morning. The townies knew what to expect, and they found it, a heinous crime had been committed in the night.

The beloved town statue had been beheaded! Such a horrible act boiled the blood of the townspeople, whoever did this must pay! They formed a mob and met in the town square to discuss who would be lynched.

Oh, and fedaykin's body washed up in the town aqueduct.

Fedaykin was killed! He was the Cop, Alignment: Town

We are now in the day phase. This phase will end Thursday, May 10th at 1 PST

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue May 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Sooo... Our cop, roleblocker, and... Inventor? (Is that like the gunsmith?) are all already dead...

Tough times ahead for the townies.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 pm

I now have a more galvenized hatred for Raya, next game I swear I shall out live you and the other fools who voted for me. It shall be remembered as your fault that we lost.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Tue May 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Inventor is a role that typically has various oneshot powers (Usually 3 with the flavor of "Inventions") that he may or may not know how to use from the get-go. Another variation lets him reuse the inventions after all have been used once. It's like the Gamer from the game I hosted basically.

And whelp, we're boned - 3 powered townies down in one night, great start.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue May 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Either we are getting very unlucky with losing specific people or there are more powers than Surge implied in this game. I really hope it is the 2nd option.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue May 08, 2012 3:32 pm

This is why The day one lynch is a bad idea, all right off my soap box and into the grave.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Tue May 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Get back in your grave and no talking

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue May 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Shush, be a good zombie and shake your bones at the graveyard, living people are so boring anyway.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue May 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Looking over things, the only one that voted for DRTJR after he claimed to be a powered townie and we where going to regret lynching him was Snake...but only cause Quaetam kinda goaded him into doing so. I'm inclined that Snake really wasn't paying attention and did it anyways, but Q was going against Req, Smash and War, that DRT was on the back-burner of his thoughts. But it seems that Q's goading of Snake is most suspicious to me at the moment.

Vote: Quaetam

----

On a side note it might be that Surge put different variations of the different powered roles, so maybe losing one or two isn't too bad a detriment. If I'm wrong, then I agree that it's not a safe boat for the town.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Tue May 08, 2012 3:55 pm

Vote: Requiem, still think he's scummy

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue May 08, 2012 4:46 pm

That's nice Warchamp, now run along, there's a good lad.

Avos, could you point out what exactly it is you're talking about? Also, I'd say it's the second choice, and we're all screwed.

As for a vote... I don't honestly know right now, I suppose I could vote for Warchamp, but that'd be silly. I suppose I'm just going to have to wait and watch for now.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Tue May 08, 2012 5:03 pm

Sure thing Req, now this is just a casual observance and not me trying to strike a hammer down on the guy, just putting it out there for consideration.

DRTJR's plea that he is innocent

Last sentence Q saying Just do it to Snake

Last vote on DRTJR

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue May 08, 2012 5:27 pm

You fail to note that DRTJR was voting for me at that time, plus he had the majority against him, plus he lost the game for him and I last game.

So no, my voting for him hardly counts as suspicious.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue May 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Avos Me Lardo wrote:Sure thing Req, now this is just a casual observance and not me trying to strike a hammer down on the guy, just putting it out there for consideration.

DRTJR's plea that he is innocent

Last sentence Q saying Just do it to Snake

Last vote on DRTJR

I don't see exactly why this should be evidence convicting Q of being scum. Can you explain?

I do like the part where Q never voted for anyone though.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue May 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Ok, so, we're well into day two, and I still haven't posted. And for once, it isn't me being too busy, I just haven't had anything to say. I don't really see too much basis for these attacks on Q, nor do I see them for Req, so I don't know what to go after.

Someone start acting scummy.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  roxas on Tue May 08, 2012 7:29 pm

In out in out.

VOTE: Requiem

roxas
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/jasonabroussard