Brawl a la carte

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Brawl a la carte

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:02 pm

So I've got two big pumpkins sitting in the kitchen waiting to be carved. Usually I throw the flesh and seeds away since I don't particularly like pumpkin, but since I've got some friends coming over for a Halloween movie night I thought I can inflict some more of my baking on them.

Any suggestions for pumpkin-based foods I can make for the movie night?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:24 pm

Literally my only suggestions are pumpkin soup and penne with pumpkin, pine nuts and proscuitto. That doesn't help I guess. Razz

We don't do Halloween here, I half wonder if I should buy some candies in case some kids come around wanting them but I don't think there are any kids living in this neighbourhood.

On another note, I perfected my risotto. It's chicken and pesto with fetta and semi-dried tomatoes. I hadn't cooked it in a while because I was getting a bit sick of it but I had it yesterday and I was pretty proud of it.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Make a pumpkin keg :p

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:56 am

I made some chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and chocolate pumpkin brownies for my Halloween party. Surprisingly delicious.

I attempted to bake some pumpkin seeds to decorate the top of them, but when I found out I didn't have any oil I improvised with worcester sauce. That...was not an entirely good idea. As it turns out worcester sauce gets stronger and more concentrated when it's cooked. Saying the taste was overpowering was a bit of an understatement...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:31 pm

In a complete moment of madness I made a load of chocolate flapjacks yesterday for no apparent reason. Since it was mainly leftover ingredients from the pantry the recipe was more of a guideline. It showed. Well, they weren't bad, but could've done with a load more sugar in.

Never realised how easy it was to make flapjacks, I am totally baking a load more for people. Once I get the ratios right...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 11, 2014 2:06 pm

For my Eurovision parties I usually make up a dish from the host nation. This year it was Denmark so I made some Danish open sandwiches- smørrebrød!

Spoiler:

Going clockwise from top left are beef with tartar sauce and shredded radish, chicken liver pate with bacon and sautéed mushrooms, and smoked mackerel with scrambled eggs and chives, all on rye bread. I had to make some slight adjustments; the beef was supposed to be served with remoulade sauce, which I couldn't find so substituted it with tartare sauce. Same with the mackerel; it was supposed to be eel but I couldn't find any anywhere.

To use the technical terminology, they were fucking delicious. The pate ones I absolutely loved and the beef ones were devoured instantly. Will definitely be making these again, they're easily to make, filling and very tasty.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Once again I've learnt that I really, really should stay out of the kitchen.

The other day I stumbled across a recipe for artichokes stuffed with chicken and cheese sauce, which I thought sounded quite nice. I've never even seen an artichoke before, much less cooked one, but hey it's just a vegetable, surely it can't be difficult to cook, right?

The first warning sign was actually buying the artichokes. I was expecting something the size of an apple, instead they look like literal maces. You could honestly club seals to death with them. Took them home and read the instructions that came with them, which said to remove all the dark outer leaves. Except...it's a purple artichoke, ALL the leaves are dark! So I peeled a few off and stuck the artichokes in the boiling water with some lemons to stop them browning. I was still suspicious so went online and looked it up.

Turns out that no, you don't just stick them in boiling water, you instead need to chop the top part off, dig out the middles and do all sorts of fancy things lest you choke/mess up your insides. So I scoop them out and try and prepare them properly, which was difficult for saying they were now scorching hot, I could barely hold them and you need to actually saw them like a log. Back in the pot they went...and emerged a soggy, inedible mess. Sigh.

I still had one artichoke spare since they were in a 2-for-3 offer, so a few nights later I tried again, this time cutting the artichoke in half to remove the insides before cutting. It...still turned out as a soggy mess. It was alright I suppose, but for the amount of preparation and cooking involved, it's just not worth it. I've learnt my lesson: stop trying to be so posh with cooking!

The cheese sauce I made was bloody lovely though, especially since I substituted the recommended hot sauce with worcester sauce, mmm. Definitely give that a try if you're ever making some!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top