Nationstates

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nationstates

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue May 22, 2012 5:35 pm

I went through at least 3 nations on that site... I always forgot about it over the summer and had to make the same nation again with a slightly different name.

First had "Paradigm City" then "City of Amnesia" which were run as if I were Alex Rosewater, CEO of Paradigm Corporation. The outcomes were fairly straight forward as I tried to end up mirroring the apparent political stances in The Big O. The last one I can remember making was the "The Spiral Nation of The Gurren Brigade" which I ran as if Rossiu was in charge... hilarity ensued. That was maybe 2 years ago and I really regret letting that die because I kept in the archive one political decision which made me laugh. It was about roaming gangs of gunmen throughout the Great Gurren Brigade... Gunmen (Ganmen)... just laughed.

My only real gripe about the place was that after 2 months or some arbitrary number of inactivity the entire account/nation gets deleted and you cannot resurrect it or make a new nation with the same name as a deleted one.

*edit*
Welp I dug up my old info, and apparently I got the nation up and running again.
The Spiral Homeworld of the Gurren Brigade
I'll run it for a little while longer Cool

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed May 23, 2012 12:25 am

Raya wrote:My nation has been reclassified into a Corrupt Dictatorship because I increased police numbers and raised taxes on the rich :< Weirdly for saying it's a dictatorship my citizen's civil liberties are very high. It's probably because I took away their right to vote, ahem.
I found this which might clarify some things.

Also, have you guys checked out the NS forum? There seems to be a number of interesting RPs. There is one I joined yesterday which has a couple of spots left. It's about a tournament where kids between 14-19 years old fight with possibly fatal consequences.
Jothastein wrote:And before you say anything, no, I didn't steal this idea from the Hunger Games.
Of course the Prophet of Tentaklos has decried the games as barbaric and would most likely invade Jothastein to put an end to this if it weren't for the fact that Jothastein greatly outnumbers Tentaklia and could probably swat Tentaklia like a fly.

Anyway, the Tentaklian contestants are not condoned by the Tentaklian government and at the moment the Prophet is actually unaware that any Tentaklians are participating.

Sign-up thread: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=173113
RP thread: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=175655

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Something I came to think of.

How does the Nationstates canon interact with the regular Avalanchia canon? Is the region of Avalanchia the same as the nation of Avalanchia and our nations are just states? Is the ruler of Tentaklia also the Minister of Something?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 pm

That is... Difficult to say, especially when one considers that our NS Delegate is Fed. I would say that it follows an AU concept. We don't have everybody Forum Avalanchia on NS Avalanchia

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:43 pm

Ah, AU. Always a good explanation. Yeah, that works. Smile

In one universe the Prophet of Tentaklos is the Minister of Something in the country of Avalanchia and in the other, he rules his own country in the region of Avalanchia.

Also, he apparently has started talking about himself in the third person.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Works for me

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:57 pm

Speaking of regions, some other NS-guys I'm talking to are trying to persuade me to move to Pony Lands.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Nooooooo! You're an Avalanchian! Staaaaaaay

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Don't worry. I'm staying. Razz

We agreed that it's enough for me to be part of the Coalition of Ponyist States (which I have been a member of for a few days now).

They also said that it would be easier to determine the geographical location of Tentaklia if it's in the Pony Lands, but I responded that I imagine Avalanchia to be located to the west of the Pony Lands and Tentaklia right on the eastern edge of Avalanchia (so still close to the Pony Lands).

It is kind of sad, however, that there doesn't seem to be much happening in Avalanchia. Am I the only Avalanchian who role-plays on the Nationstates forum?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Probably. I'm pretty lax with mine, it's just a time killer. Used to be a member of a full regional thing (As I stated before, I was actually Crown Prince of The Region of The Kingdom Of Middle Earth) but since that all fell apart, I've just kind of stopped.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Requiem wrote:That is... Difficult to say, especially when one considers that our NS Delegate is Fed. I would say that it follows an AU concept. We don't have everybody Forum Avalanchia on NS Avalanchia

Hey, the WA definately falls under my jurisdiction, just look at the weirdos there. Yes, I count too.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:22 am

I just thought of something else. If NS-Avalanchia is an AU to Avalanchia-1, then the link in the world factbook of our region is... not necessarily incorrect as it describes the history of an Avalanchia, but irrelevant as it describes the history of the Avalanchia of another universe.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:53 am

To a degree. It could be stated that all the events in the wiki are accurate for both, but describes occurances up to only a certain point within the NS situation, by which point there will be a shift.

It's a weak excuse, but it's all I got, I just woke up

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:33 pm

I'm viewing this as an AU as well, but rather than all seperate countries everyone is just a minister with their own little duchy to go power-mad in. So we're all part of the same nation, just with our own private areas to rule over.

Also dammit, after reading through the categories I decided to aim for Libertarian Police State, since the description made me think this was the sort of nation I'd end up running: "Citizens are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows." Hee. To get to there I need to raise civil and economic freedoms. But now my civil freedoms have gone down because I banned tobacco, ffff-. If I don't get any economic issues soon I'm going to end up as a Psychotic Dictatorship...

I wil say though I'm getting a bit sick of this extreme choice issues. The one I got today was about animal fur clothes. Of course I want to ban it, it's inhumane. So my options are either allow fur, or ban all clothes made from animals, including leather shoes. The hell? Same with the cannibalism issue I had a while back, I couldn't just ban cannibalism, I had to ban all forms of meat eating. This is getting stupid. I ended up dismissing it because cows are tasty.

Think one of my favourite choices was the teen pregnancy issue. I seriously considered increasing the education budget, since education is very important in my nation and prevention is better than cure, but I figured eh, teenagers are stupid, no matter how much I teach them they're still going to get drunk and fuck without protection. So I shipped all the teen fathers to the military and used their wages to pay for the kid's upkeep. That'll teach you to leave contraception to teenage girls Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:32 pm

Dude... Surge, you kind of CTE'd man

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:39 am

Double Post because I'm back to being a Left Leaning College State! This makes me happy.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:24 am

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/Sahrimnir/Tentaklia/avalanchia.png

I've edited the Avalanchia-map into a map of NS-Avalanchia (you might need to open the map on a new tab to see all of it.

1. If anyone is dissatisfied with anything, tell me and I'll correct it.
2. Does anyone know who Destructication is?
3. In a tragic natural disaster, The People for Free Love and Tolerance sank into the sea.
4. Req, feel free to add a link to the map to our world factbook.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:43 am

Mwahaha, Look at the Outlawed Lands. Such beauty.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 am

were is my nation of slightly new latveria

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Perry on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:52 pm

.... honestly?
Look in the bottom left corner. It's not exactly being subtle.

Perry
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:42 pm

We should have a little Romance of the Three Kingdoms going on.

Different leaders vying for complete control of Avalanchia.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Sahrimnir wrote:3. In a tragic natural disaster, The People for Free Love and Tolerance sank into the sea.
Sad
I forgot to keep logging in.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Outlaw wrote:We should have a little Romance of the Three Kingdoms going on.

Different leaders vying for complete control of Avalanchia.

"The death of the beloved Monarch had been an unexpected blow to the nation of Avalanchia. Despite the best doctors his regime could afford, the years of nanomachines and genesplicing had left the king in a untreatable state.
The period of mourning ended the moment the coffin was burried. Riots in the street were only held back by the violent display of police and order regulators under control of DRTJR, who had turned Triforce Island into a fortress untill a clear successor was appointed. Rumors were circulating however about his private army biding their time untill the state was in appropiate disarray.
Snake, Ansem and Raya had tried to work together in running the country. It took a week untill the effort had been called off and a line was drawn troughout Avalanchia. Ansem was free to rule and continue his hedonistic lifestyle in the north, and Snake would return to State-In-a-Box, continuing his rule and claiming the east of the land. Queen Raya made a valiant attempt in succeeding her husband and keeping the nation together.

However, nothing could prepare them for........*point that the writer fell asleep*"

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:35 pm

I can dig that.

Though Three Kingdoms was probably too literal, more than three is acceptable. During the beginning of the Three Kingdoms era, there were many others such as Dong Zhuo, Yuan Shao, Liu Shan, and so forth.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Call it Dynasty Warriors instead Razz

I can totally throw what you wrote into the World Factbook Av. Also, Surge, if you log in, you will exist again, you'll have to rejoin Avalanchia again though. When you CTE, you get booted to a different region (I think it's called Lazarus or something like that) upon revival.

Edit: Stupid Length Limit -.-

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:09 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top