TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Hey guys! Haven't played with you before. Still, let's start this game right.

Vote: Ansem

because he was the bad guy in Kingdom Hearts.

@Sonix - Why you be voting the new guy?

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Yes, bring things that have nothing to do with mafia in to this game, sounds like a great idea :U

Day one is important, gentlemen. As much as random votes work, we want to think this through carefully. We don't want the town at a disadvantage, do we?

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 pm

I was busy all day, but I still haven't forgotten way back in the early days when someone mentioned the game host being in the game. If anyone were going to pull that stunt, it'd be Quaetem and in a fancy game like 20.

Buuut, if he's not in, that's basically a no lynch, and that's no good. For now, since I have no target I'm Voting: Quaetem until someone looks scummy.

Also let it be noted I have a job now as of Thursday. 7 AM to 3:30 PM Eastern time, Monday to Friday. So no activity bullshit if I'm not around at those times. K? K.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Still going to abstain, every time I've watched day one votes go into lynch, it leads to two things:
1. Town almost always hits one of their own. In my game, a low power density, it was even a power role. Worth noting that power roles outnumberd mafians in my setup, so it wasn't what I would call an anomaly or on bad chance.
2. Butthurt. The player who gets lynched always has to feel snuffed to some degree, after all the hype, they don't even get to play a single full cycle. I understand we're playing somewhat competitively, but I'd rather hold off on what isn't a proven critical decision in order to ensure everyone at least gets a little time in the sun on this one. I'm aware this is somewhat of a poor argument, since if you don't lynch, you don't win, but I'd put fun as a priority, and that includes giving a little wiggle room for the sake of everyone having a good time.

Unless we get an interesting lead (which I'm not resisting, if it happens) I'd rather hold off.
Vote: nobody

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 pm

It is time to throw the hatchet off of a 50,000 foot ravine and let Raya slide... for now.

Vote: Nobody

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:17 pm

DRTJR wrote:It is time to throw the hatchet off of a 50,000 foot ravine and let Raya slide... for now.

Raya and DRTJR are both mafia.

Calling it.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:I was busy all day, but I still haven't forgotten way back in the early days when someone mentioned the game host being in the game. If anyone were going to pull that stunt, it'd be Quaetem and in a fancy game like 20.

I was the guy who mentioned it, I also pulled that stunt already back in game 15. Well a similar stunt, it was basically a host lyncher so no one but him got any benefit from the host's death but still. I'd go vote you now but you've admitted your vote is more placeholdery. Surge I disagree with your reasoning but hey at least you gave one. On the first point you're technically right, the town generally does end up lynching a townie day 1 but; firstly this is also true of the day 2 lynch, the different in the odds between them is minimal. Secondly occasionally the town does end up managing to nail a mafian but yes this is rare, more commonly however some votes may start to move towards a mafian but then shift away, bad result in the short term but provides very valuable voting records for later. As for your second point a noble stance but again I disagree, for one I say what's the point of living through a day of a no lynch bandwagon, it's hardly a day of playing at all. It just shifts the, didn't even get a chance to play sadness onto the night 1 kill victims and the fay 2 lynch victim ends up having had almost as little chance to play as the day 1 one would have, one night's worth of actions ain't exactly much. Yes it sucks but someone's always gonna end up out of the game before they had any real chance to play no matter what you do, that's the way the game works you have to kn ow there's a chance of that happening when you sign up and accept that.
You say you'll move if an interesting lead shows up, but interesting leads don't just spring up out of nowhere, day 1 will probably pass by totally uneventfully unless some people put some pressure down, you have to start at some point, seems pointless to not make that point the beginning.

I'd be voting you now but hey at least you gave some reasoning for it, more than I can say for DRTJR, come on man that was just pure lazy
Vote: DRTJR

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:28 pm

smashbro wrote:
DRTJR wrote:It is time to throw the hatchet off of a 50,000 foot ravine and let Raya slide... for now.

Calling it.

Smashbro is gonna die tonight.

Calling it.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:
smashbro wrote:

Calling it.

Smashbro is gonna die tonight.

Calling it.
Doctor is going to protect me.

Calling it?

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:44 pm

smashbro wrote:Raya and DRTJR are both mafia.

Calling it.

Well, that's one possibility. There could be a cult, another cult, zombies, whatever. What I would find really funny is if DRTJR ended up being that role Q really likes, that MB role. He would totally tag Raya with it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 pm

Vote:Drtjr for not voting Raya boy how suspicious.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:57 pm

yeah, imma Vote: Johnny

Because fuck you, that's why. Who are you, even?!?

Snake, your brownies are making me paranoid as fuck!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:04 pm

why didn't i hear about these brownies?!?! also i don't really see drtjr not voting raya to be that suspicious. even if they were both mafia he could vote her just for lol's very safely, since no one really pays any attention to it anymore. Heck, if they were both mafia raya would probably tell him to vote her, just so as not to make it look weird...

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 pm

He could do that, but he is a pretty terrible Mafia player, so I wouldn't count on it.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:09 am

Ansem wrote:Because fuck you, that's why. Who are you, even?!?

I'm Johnny. Hi.

Vote: DarkFalco for defending drtjr.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:34 am

StuckInABox wrote:He could do that, but he is a pretty terrible Mafia player, so I wouldn't count on it.
yeah was just speculation mostly, the lead almost seems too easy, but i suppose i wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Until we get a better lead, vote:drtjr

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nn8n on Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:29 am

Quaetam wrote:
Avos Me Lardo wrote:I'm kinda at a loss as to why it is already Day 11 though...I looked at game ten and it ended on Day 9 so it isn't just a continuation, must be a typo trying to get things up fast.

Meant it as a nice little pun:

hudsonboy111, Game 10 wrote:Yeah, this is the part where all are ressurected and we have Day 1 on Day 11.

but I'll drop it since it's too confusing, and we might actually REACH day 11 this game Razz
I did end up reading the full game just before this started, unlike scanning it when I first got here, and I do remember him saying that! Don't let me ever doubt that you don't have a reason behind anything again!

Just running down an analysis:

We have game 11 and 15 that are forumer based and high premises as the coalition was based on the mods/admins they both had these in their games. Then the only game with Avalanchians was game 15 so that is the other reason it is going to be heavy this game.

Pokemon heavy with two games focused on that, as well as TWBB in general having two games based on it also, ironically a prequel and squeal! lol!

The Homestuck and DBtD characters are probably the foreigners that Q mentions in his opening post, more the homestuck than DBtD, cause the DBtD characters are the forumers where Q could have done some sort of combining of 11 and 17 just to make things interesting, or like in game 10 where there where two different Camella's there might be multiple personalities for our forum based characters due to this.

nn8n
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:25 am

Well, you're a step ahead of the non-hosts, because you know the roles you have submitted. Luigi was already mentioned in the opening post, you're game had Luigi in it. Granted, the name wasn't bolded, but Q hadn't done it with minby last time either. Yours was a townie, but personally I'd doubt that he'd be that in this scenario. And if it works like last time, that every host got to submit 3 roles, there is up to 33% probability, that the rng gave it to you.

Please don't view this as an attack, but rather additional crackpot on the scarce info we have.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:45 am

two day one lyches in a row. You guys are brutal.

If I was Mafia, and Raya was as well then I'd have voted for her. I have campaigned for not lynching some poor schmuck on day one for a while because it is kind of a dick move to do, did you have fun last game because I DIDN'T. we have NEVER got a Mafian day one, so it's stupid for a plethora of different reasons.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:53 am

Oh, we have. Game 5 and 14, for instance. 18 too, I believe.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:07 am

DRTJR wrote:we have NEVER got a Mafian day one, so it's stupid for a plethora of different reasons.
HEY, In Snake's Homestuck game, we got 2 mafians after Viero acted shifty from a random vote/small bandwagon on Weldar (IIRC, I'm high). Weldar got him lynched and then the vig killed Viero. So yes, we have.

I don't want to lynch you day 1 again because that'd be kind of a dick move, but don't you say that we have NEVER got a Mafian day one,

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:18 am

Not quite. Weldar got lynched and Avos vigged Viero n1.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:24 am

Interesting game so far. I am trying to read up on previous games (mostly round 10 as I have only skimmed over it previously) and have an idea of what to expect.

Vote: DRTJR

I was initially going to support No vote, as Surge made a good point, (and besides there is still plenty of info to be had from such a bandwagon) but also mostly because instead of basing a vote off of previous game play styles is kinda a pet peeve, and wait for DRTJR to defend himself. However he has done such and it's rather poor. He is simply going off DarkFalco's "suggestion", not giving his own reasoning. He was quick to bandwagon on no lynch. Also, I've seen Mafioso get lynched day one several times for various reasons, and not just here, so that seems like a weak defense as well.

Additionally, FoS: Dark Falco, as after defending DRTJR and being voted on by Johnny because of, quickly switched votes to join his bandwagon. I'm thinking possible bussing going on.

EDIT: I'm out for tonight/this morning, wont be back around til late.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 am

There will be no lynch upon this day, whether you like it or not I live to see the night phase, good day sirs and madams.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:11 am

Fedaykin wrote:Not quite. Weldar got lynched and Avos vigged Viero n1.
I meant Weldar got lynched, I dunno why that "him" is there. I'm going to bed.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top