TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:58 am

JohnnyFarrar wrote:
I'm a little wary of Avalanche, as he hasn't posted much recently, but his little case on Eisen makes sense in its own simplistic way. Why would Eisen vote to save TD even though it was plain that TD was dying? Because they were buddies.

Hmm... I am not the TD's buddy.

Ok... At the moment you are sacrificing the doctor in this game.

Spoiler:
http://www.hlportal.de/images/content/tf2/classes/medic/medic-card-1.jpg

Awsome!

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia Game 20: Those who Challenge Fate-ENDGAME-A Kingdom Worth Living For (Thread 1)

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:12 am

Ok....

I'm assuming Doc powers from other sites here, but does that mean you have the power to prevent a nightkill on one person per night cycle? And if so, who have you doc'd this game? (Yes I'm asking for every night action you've taken)

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 am

My super special awesome puppy powers had already lead me to the conclusion that Eisen was the doctor.

As such, not voting for Eisen.

I will however champion: Hudsonboy because hey, you can go down in a blaze of glory Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:44 am

Alright, I'll buy Camilla's vouch for Eisen. her being revived makes her unlikely to have a ulterior motive....unles she was revived by the coalition and @_@

unchampion Eisen

Champion Ansem

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:45 am

Unchampion:Eisen

Confirmed town backs you up? I'll take it. If this is something you've observed, camilla, feel free to share it with us.

So, 11 live people? I think so.

Conftown
Camilla
Snake
Eisen(?)
Sonix(?)
Me(This is my list, I'll put myself where I wanna)

Confscum
Relm

unknown
Ansem.
TJ
Hud
Minby
Av

So right now all of our unknowns have been relatively open with their thoughts and such (except Ansem, hence the vote). I think I'll
Champion: TJ for wanting to kill the cop.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sonix! on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:56 am

If you guys really must know, The townie is Ansem...

Oh, and I guess since Cami- I mean, "Growlithe" was revived, that increases my scanned alive's to 2, =p.

Sonix!
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:59 am

JohnnyFarrar wrote:Ok....

I'm assuming Doc powers from other sites here, but does that mean you have the power to prevent a nightkill on one person per night cycle? And if so, who have you doc'd this game? (Yes I'm asking for every night action you've taken)

I am able to heal or protect a single person per night cycle.

My night actions as Dr. Stranger were:
Night 1: Weldar
Night 2: Dark Falco
Night 3: Snake
Night 4: Smash
Night 5: Eisenbeißer
Night 6: Eisenbeißer
Night 7: Relmitos
Night 8: Snake

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:14 am

Lovely.

Attention Town I am an Avalanchian. I have a proposition for you all. I would like to tell you the names of the last two coalition members, and the only thing that I ask in exchange is for you to not ask me how I know this, so that I may protect the name(s) and power(s) of my kin. If I am at all wrong, I leave myself open for lynch tomorrow (but most likely a kill tonight) though I do not see how this is possible.

Without further ado, I propose we Champion: TJ and vote:Minby.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 am

Posting from phone to say... The hell?! The instant I found out Sonix was claiming cop I unvoted him.

I still stick with my championing of Hudsonboy, but seriously... "wanting to kill the cop."...

Vote:Johnney

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:35 am

Johnny, I hadn't suspected you at all, but this seems like a perfect powerplay. Call out two unconfirmed players from your previous list, knock a townie off this nightphase, I don't like this. I'm asking you for some sort of proof of your claim that isn't just "Trust me, guys"

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:39 am

Vote Tally:
Minby(2): Avalanche, Johnny
Sonix!(1): hudsonboy111
Eisen(1): SnakeInABox
Johnny(1): TheTJ

Yet to vote(5): Minby_Aran, Eisen, Sonix!, Ansem, Camilla

Champion Tally:
hudsonboy111(3): TheTJ, SnakeInABox, Camilla
Ansem(2): hudsonboy111, Avalanche
TheTJ(1): Johnny

Yet to Champion(4): Minby_Aran, Eisen, Sonix!, Ansem

11/35 hours and 21 minutesleft in the dayphase!

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:55 am

Righto. I'm with snake on the whole Eissen thing, he's doing it again.

Vote: Eisen

As for the championship thingy, i have a plan.

Champion: Ansem

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:28 am

Ok, so right now, I'm going to Vote:Eisen To save myself, and Champion:Ansem Because if he supports it, why shouldn't I?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:38 am

Hrmm... Well if Ansem is championing himself, he probably has SOMEthing in his role that would help. And seeing as he wants to go an Hudson doesn't, I say we oblige.

Unchampion : Hudsonboy
Champion : Ansem

And since we've only got 10 hours we should start consolidating our votes for champion.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 am

No one but the coalition reads the thread. Great.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:53 pm

The Tempest struck at the world with shattering blows, cutting swaths through the world with each bolt of green, each flash of lightning. Throughout the Kingdom, the mist of the void began to rise, a dark miasma into which all that was, all that would ever be, began to fade, with all the inevitability of death. The fate of the world hung in the air, suspended by the most fragile of threads. The people of the Kingdom shut themselves in their homes, waiting out the storm, praying to whatever deities they held, as the mist slowly rose, ready to consume them, to erase them from the world. And atop the Bastion, a beam of cackling green light split the heavens as the storm swirled around it, as the demon heralded the end of days through his fury. The Coalition’s fortress, castle of the New Kingdom, shook with each blow, the sole stronghold against the fury of the storm, as within, those who had been granted sanctuary huddled, afraid, in their shelters, as the Avalanchians and their subordinates moved frantically to and fro, trying to keep the people together, to maintain some semblance of balance, of control. The masses panicked as the world dissolved around them.

He walked through the corridors at a brisk pace, his stride purposeful, unremitting; his gait swift, lengthy. He was the one who had the key, the one who understood it all. Even now, as the world began to collapse around them, he could provide them the answer. He had dealt with the supernatural before, and he was confident he could find a way out of this, determined to solve one final puzzle. Layton had saved many lives before, and now it seemed he was fated repeat the task. But there wasn't time. The corridor shook as the Demon struck at the world, and the man nearly lost his footing. The entire place was on the verge of collapse, he could practically hear its structural integrity failing, its foundations bending, crumbling at the seams.

He had to move quickly.

Yes, the people were afraid, but him? He knew no fear. Even as he who held the key walked the halls, one man, one dark figure, sat at a table in a dark room, far in the depths of the Bastion. All around him piled coins, old artwork, relics of an age long past, of a dynasty only now overthrown. Even as the world dissolved around him, he sat at its center, surrounded by the finest examples of its greatness. He sat at a table amidst the wealth of the world, content with following the whims of fortune, in relishing in the graces of fate.

The dark figure sat, content, at the eye of the storm, rolling a die over, and over.

Layton turned right, opened the door that stood before him. There, gathered in a great hall, its ceiling arching, its walls glowing a deep red with hues from the new lanterns that shone, resplendent through the darkness, were the refugees, those who had made it to the Bastion before the rising of the mist, the strengthening of the storm. Cots lined the walls, where the injured received treatment. Policemen, given new clothes in the style of Avalanchia, currently off patrol, stood guard at the great doors at the end, beyond which the roaring of the storm could be heard.

Several refugees looked towards him as he entered. One man, garbed in green, ran up to him. Luigi’s expression was dark, his eyes overcome by a brooding look, bordering on fear, but filled with understanding.

What is-a happening?” he asked.

The man shook his head, “There’s no time to explain. I need to get to the top of the tower.

I’m-a coming with you.” Luigi insisted.

The man shook his head, “No. This puzzle cannot be solved. If you follow me your fate is sealed.

How often the ones who ruled the world spoke of inevitability, of fate, of destiny… It was all fallacy, all misplaced belief; wishful thinking. For years he had known this, for years he had thrived beneath this philosophy, in the understanding that the world was ruled by nothing more than entropy.

Nothing more than chance.

He looked at the playing cards to his left. Many lay shredded, strewn upon the floor. One sat face-up in the center of the table, ten others arranged in a line beside it. Even the most complex of struggles, the greatest conflicts the world had ever known, were ruled by this mantra, dominated by nothing more than entropy, fortune. The greatest of men struggled tirelessly to control their own destiny, to fight for fate, and all for nothing… the Hierophant struggled against a force he could not overcome, in the flawed belief he could make a difference through his sacrifice… Snake had spoken words of passion, of strength, following the failed idea that he could bring life to the people.

Not a-yet,” said Luigi, “This isn’t-a over. We can still a-stop him.

The younger Mario Brother reached into his pocket and pulled out a small object, holding it low for the other man to see. And the Professor’s eyes widened in shock. There, in Luigi’s hand, was the final piece of the puzzle, the one thing Layton had never accounted for. There, painting the Professor’s eyes an array of color, was the one thing that would give them hope.

Come with me,” Layton commanded.

They had been given life, they had been given strength, yes. And in their vigor, they had mis-stepped, they had allowed yet another usurper, another Mad King, to seize control of their destiny. Of course, none understood this, none could recognize the insanity of their new monarch, the jovial, jesting apathy with which he would deal with the lives of his subjects. No, for all that existed was falling apart; the demon stood atop the summit of the world, burning the universe at the seams.

It was all chaos. It was all entropy. It was all chance. The efforts of the people would come unto naught, for while they could speak out against their fate, they could do far too little to control it. The world’s destiny would be shaped not by the hands of men, but by the whims of fortune. This was how he lived, this was the truth he understood above all others. And he would, through its graces, shape the new dawn.

As they left the great hall, turning into the corridor, Layton froze in place, his eyes widening, as something built up within him. Luigi looked towards his comrade, shocked, as the Professor coughed, once, twice, then spat up blood.

Professor!” Luigi cried, “Are-a you alright?

Layton shook his head, feeling the pressure build within him, and collapsed to the ground.

Here…” said the Professor, reaching his hand towards Luigi, returning the object he’d been given, “Take it…

Luigi grabbed the object, locked eyes with Layton in a mutual understanding and continued onward.

A final roll, a card tossed to the floor, and the man in shadow grinned, as the puzzlemaster, the brilliant mind, he who thought he held the key, was ripped apart, shredded by some unseen power, infinitesimal knives tearing unseen paths through his being.

A great man fell, his vigor without purpose, his strength without meaning, his fate written black by the roll of the dice.

Sonix was killed! He was Professor Layton! Alignment: Town

Last edited by Quaetam on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Alright, fine. I'll give you some information. I am an avalanchian. For most of this game I've been laying quite low in order to avoid suspicion and as a result I've come off as a bit of a worse player than I actually am (if I don't say so myself). This will change now that I've told you all who I am. The reason I don't want to reveal my partner(s) is because there is a small room for error in what I've found, and I don't want them nightkilled if this turns out to be the case. Avalanchians are masons now, though, so we are on your side (assuming you're town). I, for example, have become a reviver and immediately used my power on a strong townie so that we may bolster our numbers and better scum-hunt. This is how I know Camilla is trustworthy and thereby trust Eisen. My only real snag is Sonix!, and his potential deceitfulness.

EDIT: Oh boy, you want information? I'll give it to you. Sonix! dying as a townie just sealed it. Of the 10 remaining players, I know the alignment of all but two. It's time for all cards on the table.

Sonix!, the cop, vouched for Ansem. He's town. AND HE SHOULD NOT BE CHAMPIONING HIMSELF.

Camilla and Snake both died as townies and were revived, so they are confirmed town.

Eisen was confirmed by Camilla, so he's town.

Myself, Hudsonboy11, and King Avalanche are Avalanchians, Masons. Town aligned.

Relm is obvious.

This leaves two unknowns. Minby and TJ. Coalition. There is no way for them to refute this, Everyone else can confirm what I've said. But hey, just look at the last few posts to get any further proof you need that they are scummy.

TJ began voting Sonix! finding it suspicious that "he soft-claimed some kind of cop role, or at least insinuated he knew more than he was telling, and as far as I remember he's never explained it." Basically forcing the cop to claim. With ten players left. And now he's dead. Not okay. And then he votes me because I didn't like it. Really? I've never seen a bigger OMGUS vote.

Minby -
Minby_Aran wrote:Ok, so right now, I'm going to Vote:Eisen To save myself, and Champion:Ansem Because if he supports it, why shouldn't I?
Neutral
First part, voting a doc to save yourself. Good town policy right there. Next Championing a confirmed Civvie WITH ONLY TEN PEOPLE LEFT. So that's two votes with zero intention of hitting scum. And I'm the one trying to kill off civilians?

Barring any future Q shenanigans, we are able to win this game on this very dayphase. Do not listen to the two of them, just Vote and champion them both. Let's end this.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:10 pm

The HELL Jhonny?! Granted, my vote back on you was knee-jerk (I was posting from my phone on a break so I only had 10 mins.) But most of that was because you didn't even read my posts apparently. I wasn't voting Sonix because I thought he was a cop, I was voting him because I thought he was the coalition equivilant of Surge's Hacker role. You'll notice when he staight up claimed cop and there was no counter claim I backed off. And then to kill him off?! What the hell kind of move would that be for me to make? I know it doesn't hold up well historically, but seriously, I would not have made that move.

Further, Ansem claims that he has a plan, and when someone says "I have a plan, vote for me" I don't really see it as being a bluff. So I'm taking a confirmed townie at face value and trusting that he has a plan.

Nevermind the fact that if you guys keep bickering about who's townie, Avalanchian, or Coaltion and split up the champions NO one is going to win. And since Ansem has not only volunteered, but seems to have an idea of what to do, I say we go with that.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 pm

Do you know what WIFOM is? It's the act of circular thinking. You say it would have been dumb for you to kill Sonix!. I say you knew it would have been dumb for you to do that, so you did it anyway and say "I didn't do that. That would have been a dumb thing for me to do" as a defense.

Make sense? Basically I'm saying you're not tricking anyone with that excuse.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:28 pm

And that's why I said it doesn't hold up well historically.

Also there's the fact that I DIDN'T DO IT.

So either your figures aren't quite right, or Relm gets off a daykill, though why he'd choose the cop is anyone's guess. Personally, I prefer to think that you're fallable.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Find the Fallacy and I'll agree. But your word that you're not coalition is not enough.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:42 pm

While you're searching in vain for a fallacy in my logic, TJ, why not comment on Minby? Focusing on only defending yourself isn't really helping your situation.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnnyFarrar on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Also I'm gonna formally request a deadline extension since no one seems to read this thread aside from my suspects.

JohnnyFarrar
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eisenbeißer on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Ansem wrote:Righto. I'm with snake on the whole Eissen thing, he's doing it again.

Vote: Eisen

As for the championship thingy, i have a plan.

Vote: Ansem

Minby_Aran wrote:Ok, so right now, I'm going to Vote:Eisen To save myself, and Champion:Ansem Because if he supports it, why shouldn't I?

@Ansem: Whats up with you? Snake voted some hours ago. I have told you that I have the role of the Doc and I don't lie. I told you why I didn't defended myself after King Avalanche voted me. If this is the only argument it is a great kind of nonsense. If you are lynching me it would only show you that I have told the truth. What is this plan that you vote yourself?

JohnnyFarrar wrote:This leaves two unknowns. Minby and TJ. Coalition. There is no way for them to refute this, Everyone else can confirm what I've said. But hey, just look at the last few posts to get any further proof you need that they are scummy.

TJ began voting Sonix! finding it suspicious that "he soft-claimed some kind of cop role, or at least insinuated he knew more than he was telling, and as far as I remember he's never explained it." Basically forcing the cop to claim. With ten players left. And now he's dead. Not okay. And then he votes me because I didn't like it. Really? I've never seen a bigger OMGUS vote.

Minby -
Neutral
First part, voting a doc to save yourself. Good town policy right there. Next Championing a confirmed Civvie WITH ONLY TEN PEOPLE LEFT. So that's two votes with zero intention of hitting scum. And I'm the one trying to kill off civilians?

Hmm.... Thanks for your post Johnny! The outcome is very interesting. So Avalanche, Hudson and Johnny are Avalanchies. WOW!!! I had a feeling that Avalanche could be one, but I thought that Hudson would be a townie.

1. TheTJ....................Coalition
4. Minby_Aran.............Coalition
8. Pineapple................Town
12. StuckInABox..........Town
18. JohnnyFarrar..........Avalanchians
20. Ansem..................Town
21. Eisenbeißer............Town
26. King Avalanche.......Avalanchians
27. Hudsonboy111........Avalanchians

According to Johnny's arguments and the confirmed townies I vote Vote:Minby and Champion:TJ. If Johnny is right and we could end this game now so we should try this. I think that Hudsonboy isn't a good champion at the moment, because he is a Avalanchians / Mason. I also think that Ansem isn't the ideal candidate to fight the demon. So lets end the game.

Eisenbeißer
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:29 pm

Actually... I DID seem to find a problem in your logic... Two things actually.

the first is the MB, A figure that controls the actions of other people and can only gain a new pawn when the old has died (I think). I didn't remember this earlier, and I don't blame everyone else for forgetting, but when Ansem claimed he had a plan... didn't that seem suicicdal? As if someone else were controlling their actions.

Now, I didn't think about this at first when I voted him, but he's clearly been taken over. And we almost fell for it. Heck, we DID fall for it. But the MB is still out there, and I think we've identified their pawn.

unchampion: Ansem

Now, while we both forgot about him, mine was just for a vote, but YOU calim to have an airtight list... Where exactly does the MB fit on that list I wonder?... It could be Me, or Minby. You've said yourself that there were two unkowns left. Now, I'm not the MB, but you'll just have to take my word on that. Furter since we HAVE identified the pawn, the MB is pretty useless unless they die.

Unless, of course, there IS a plan, but I doubt it. Back to the absentee player.

Champion: Hudsonboy

I'm glad you pushed me, I don't think I would have noticed that otherwise.

The other flaw is the kill. My alignment doesn't really matter on this one because your own teammate pointed out the killed.

Surge wrote:You seek the utter destruction of the Kingdom; to pse. You are a demon, the one who champions the End of Days. To do this, you must see the deaths of those kill three men, three whose heroics know no bounds, who, by their own means, seek to foolishly build towards (something something. The Minister of EloE), King Avalanche, and the Usurper of Heaven must all be slain. Once your three targets have fallen, you will become a Serial Killer, and kill openly until none remain, and the world falls into your grasp.
Refers to all the recruiters. Once they're gone, the demon gets to become a serial killer. Basically, this means that once td is dead, the mafia godfather is dead, and warchamp is dead (already happened), we will have a serial killer added amoung us.

So, yeah, two problems I see in your arguement. One was basing your accusation against me on a kill I didn't make, the other was forgetting about the MB

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top