Super Smash Bros. 4

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4

Post  Raya on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:18 pm

It's still nearly a quarter of the characters in a game that's supposed to be a pan-Nintendo fighter all coming from the same game series. I just wish they'd have a bit more balance, with few characters from multiple series, instead of a big dump of Mario characters and everything else except Zelda only having 1 or 2.

As for characters I'd like, I'd still love to see Professor Layton as a option, but somehow I think that's unlikely...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Seperating Sheik, Zero suit Samus and the pokemon trainer's pokemon Brawl at most had 8/39, and I really don't think you can count DK and Diddy as mario characters, Donkey Kong Country is well established as DK's franchise now and is far enough removed from Mario, it's only the spinoffs that still tie them together, so 6/39, that's closer to 1/8 than 1/4, the biggest group (tied with pokemon) but hardly a flood, Zelda and Pokemon are both sitting close with 5 and 6 respectively . I think the bigger series getting more representatives makes total sense, and they're by no means flooding the roster like you claim.

You're right that there is no shortage of new series they could add stuff from, I just don't think that means they shouldn't add stuff from the big existing franchises too. Layton I would love but yeah not holding my breath. Also in the unlikely 3rd party boat, Bayonetta, Nintendo's got exclusive rights on her next game so it would be an amazing promotional tool and she could fill the same sort of niche as Snake of the character who seems like they shouldn't fit Smash Bros at all but could still totally be made to work but still, supremely unlikely.

Last edited by Weldar on Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:17 pm

It also kinda makes sense that Mario would get more representation than other characters in Smash Bros. because they've been pumping out like 2 non-spinoff Mario games each year recently. Meanwhile F-Zero hasn't seen any love since the Game Cube. Same with StarFox (ignoring the remake), but it at elast got Wolf in Brawl.

Side comment, I wouldn't mind it if they made a Super Smash Pokemon game. :B

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Smashy B wrote:Side comment, I wouldn't mind it if they made a Super Smash Pokemon game. :B

Did you ever play PokePark Wii? One of the minigames in that was a real time 3D battle, and quite frankly it was the best part of the game. At one point you have what's essentially a boss fight with a Torterra, and I was backflipping over razor leaf-s, darting in to strike with quick attack and leaping out of the way of earthquakes. It was great fun, and I really don't know why they never made that into a full game. Probably not wanting to run the risk of a 'violent' Pokemon game.

There was a fan-made 2D beat em up called Type Wild, that was pretty good.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 am

So Lucario is confirmed..... I'll be honest, I was hoping they would replace him with a gen 5/6 pokemon.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:14 am

5 tried to have Zoroark is that equivalent sort of non legendary mascot pokemon but it didn't really take off as well. Lucario was kind of filling that role again in gen 6 what with it being the first pokemon to mega evolve with the big statue of one in the mega place and the game giving you a free one. There wasn't really any sort of pokemon from gen 6 that really was iconic enough to fit as a character so I'm not too surprised to see Lucario back, I'd be willing to bet his final smash is now mega evolving.

I'm just hoping we get some cool gen 6 pokeball pokemon. Come on Hawlucha.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:46 pm

I do like Lucario, but I really wish Nintendo would stop ramming him down our throats. He's never going to be the next Pikachu Nintendo, just stop it.

But hey, he's who I main in SSB anyway since they took Mewtwo out, so I can't complain too much Smile

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:47 pm

So, thoughts on the latest character reveal?

I think I found a new favorite.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:36 am

YES.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:22 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:YES.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:44 pm

Smashy B wrote:
Spontaneous Combustion wrote:YES.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:19 pm

Totally okay with this. Although will be totally unable to play his stage without singing songs about gentlemen purloining bicycles.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 am

Aaaand Diddy is comfirmed. Unfortunately I don't care for him. Any hardcore Diddy fans here?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:03 am

Weeeeeell meh. But okay I guess. I for once think everyone from Brawl should return, BUT only if we still get enough new characters to make this game's existence justified.

Considering they have to nerf the console version for the sake of the 3DS, I'm not sure the roster will be all that enormous... which means either we probably have seen most of the new characters, OR they have to cut a lot of good returning characters.
Either way, I'm still a bit skeptical...

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:28 pm

Not overly excited for Diddy myself, but whatever.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:52 am

A friend of mine plays Diddy really well, I bet he's pleased. I also enjoy playing as Diddy Kong, but I wouldn't mind if they hadn't added him.

And here I was expecting Dixie Kong to show up since she's returned in Tropical Freeze.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:24 am

King Avalanche wrote:

Aaaand Diddy is comfirmed. Unfortunately I don't care for him. Any hardcore Diddy fans here?
He was my main for Brawl. Not surprised at all that he's returning.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:08 pm

Recap, FOR GREAT JUSTICE.

Smash Bros. 3DS slated for this Summer
Smash Bros. WiiU slated for this Winter
3DS and WiiU versions will somehow connect, only teased, no details released.
Online Play will be in both the 3DS and WiiU versions
Online play will have two modes, "For Fun" and "For Glory"
For Fun: All stages except Final Destination, items on, only wins recorded
For Glory: Only Final Destination, items OFF, wins AND losses recorded
There will be a ranking system in place, and online is connected to your Nintendo Network ID
Speaking of FD, FD now has multiple "skins" that keep the boundries and what not, but change up the visuals and music.
Ridley deconfirmed, he's only a stage hazard.
No more mid-fight character changes, Samus will stay as Samus, and Zelda cannot transform into Sheik
Lucario now has a Mega Evolution
Zero Suit Samus and Sheik are now also confirmed
3DS version will have an exclusive gamemode: Smash Run
Smash Run is about players traversing a large dungeon like level and picking up powerups by opening chests and defeating enemies.
Picking up these powerups will grant buffs, such as increase speed, more damage, etc.
At the end of a timer, everyone will their collected buffs play a round of Free for all.
Custom moves announced, the player can (presumably) customize certain moves for certain characters before a match, no details past that released. (Only available in online with friends or local play)
Little Mac's K.O meter is charged by him doing damage, or being damaged. Once it's filled, it's a one hit K.O uppercut.
Yoshi's return is confirmed!
Charizard confirmed, this probably infers that Pokemon Trainer will not appear (aswell as the fact that there are no mid-fight character changes)
Greninja confirmed as a newcomer!
And a whole lot of moveset changes, new and old items, and stages.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:09 am

Smash Run is going to be the reason me and my friends are getting the 3DS version. Kirby's Air Ride style, here we go!

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:43 am

Disappointment after disappointment. Taking away both Squirtle and Ivysaur? No Snake? Metroid's only two really viable new characters (Ridley, Dark Samus) being a stage hazard and an Assist Trophy, respectively? Bleh.
At least Greninja looks pretty badass. I don't know what makes it that special out of all the X&Y 'mons, but I really really like it.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:27 am

For someone as big as Snake and coming from the rival company. I don't think people should have been expecting him to return. Even more so when they said that you should not expect 3rd parties to be showing up after Megaman. 

Ridly would not look right being a playable character because of how he acts since he moves around via flying and with him having to be on all fours. And I'm willing to bet was a boss in Brawl partly for that reason.

Also Dark Samus would just be a clone of Samus. There is probably already an alt outfit for her with Dark Suit so you can just use that.

And what makes him special because he's a ninja. Something that Smash Bros has not had yet.

Taking away Squirtle and Ivy though I agree. I did enjoy using Squirtle and I had a lot of fun watching him fly all over the screen and would have liked to see him stay.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:39 pm

I think they could have made Ridley work if they map a glide mechanic to side B and allowed Ridely to follow up with any aerial move out of it, similarly to what PMBR did for Pit in Project M. It's a mechanic that works well for pit (in PM) and helps be a high ranking character tier wise. He could have like a ground moveset inspired by Charizard, but unlike Lil Mac, have a weak ground game and superior air game.

Also, Sheik is kind of a ninja. But yeah ninja frog is cool.

RIP Squirtle. Sad

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:10 pm

Sadly it's been about a year since I played PM so i can't really remember what they did to Pit. 

Fair enough.

WATER NINJA

That's better Smile

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:40 pm

TD260 wrote:Lucario now has a Mega Evolution
Charizard confirmed, this probably infers that Pokemon Trainer will not appear (aswell as the fact that there are no mid-fight character changes)
Greninja confirmed as a newcomer!

I am not happy with this in the slightest.

Character cannot transform, but Lucario still gets his mega form? Bullshit. Nintendo is constantly trying to make Lucario be Pikachu 2.0 and it's ridiculous. His final smash before was a lot of fun (mainly for screaming IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER as everyone runs in panic), and now it's probably just going to be a boring stronger version of the character.

Why on earth has Pokemon Trainer been swapped out? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's major game lines, and Red/the Kanto starters are iconic characters of the series. Ditching them just for Charizard? And I bet his final smash is going to be fucking Edgyzard X as well. Hey guys, remember when Nintendo used to say they wouldn't favour one starter over the other?

Also Greninja. WHY OH WHY OH WHY. Out of 721 Pokemon they chose Greninja to represent the series?! No, that's it, I'm done, I am so fucking done.

Spoiler:
Still buying the game though.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 pm

I actually like how they decided not to do character transformations. I like playing Zelda, but I don't like Sheik. That means I actually get a down B when I play Zelda now.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top