Super Smash Bros. 4

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4

Post  TD260 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Raya wrote:
TD260 wrote:Lucario now has a Mega Evolution
Charizard confirmed, this probably infers that Pokemon Trainer will not appear (aswell as the fact that there are no mid-fight character changes)
Greninja confirmed as a newcomer!

I am not happy with this in the slightest.

Character cannot transform, but Lucario still gets his mega form? Bullshit. Nintendo is constantly trying to make Lucario be Pikachu 2.0 and it's ridiculous. His final smash before was a lot of fun (mainly for screaming IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZER as everyone runs in panic), and now it's probably just going to be a boring stronger version of the character.

Why on earth has Pokemon Trainer been swapped out? Pokemon is one of Nintendo's major game lines, and Red/the Kanto starters are iconic characters of the series. Ditching them just for Charizard? And I bet his final smash is going to be fucking Edgyzard X as well. Hey guys, remember when Nintendo used to say they wouldn't favour one starter over the other?

Also Greninja. WHY OH WHY OH WHY. Out of 721 Pokemon they chose Greninja to represent the series?! No, that's it, I'm done, I am so fucking done.

Spoiler:
Still buying the game though.

As a counterpoint to the transformation, all mega lucario does is it makes all of his aura attacks at maximum aura, as opposed to a true "transformation".

Greninja though... thematically, he's probably one of the better new pokemon to include as a fighter. His skills lend themselves to a decent moveset for fighting. As for a fighter overall... I guess it's better than another choice for a gen6 rep? On another note, I don't agree with including Charizard on his own, but it could be worse... Not liking the final smash though. Too much megaevolution. I like the non-transformation thing, but I don't know if it fits thematically for Zelda. Oh well.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:14 am

Raya wrote:
Character cannot transform, but Lucario still gets his mega form? Bullshit.

Before the Mega Evolutions were even shown we already had Little Mac confirmed to be doing the same thing with his final smash being a transformation to Giga Mac, and there's decent odds Bowser and Wario will have Giga Bowser and Warioman as final smashes again too. What they meant by no characters who transform was no characters who changed into a totally different character with a separate moveset, turning into a beefed up version of the same character is clearly still allowed.
The Mega Evolutions could potentially be more interesating powerups. Giga Bowser and Warioman both siginficantly boosted their moves for a while while also making the character effectively unkillable. So far all we know for the megas is Lucario is at mac aura regardless of damage, you could just throw a damage boost and invincibility on top of that and it'd probably be fine for a final smash. But you could also have it be just the aura boost but have the evolution last until you are koed rather than being time limited to be more accurate to the games, dunno how likely I think it is but it would be neat. We only got a quick look at Mega Charizard X so its hard to judge what he does but I wouldn't be surprised if like Pit Charizard has also lost the ability to glide but Megazard has some sort of glide or flight ability for its power boost.

The switchg characters being gone could actually be an hardware limitation. A while back Sakurai was talking about having issues getting "multiple bodied" characters to work with the 3DS version. Most people assumed he was talking about characters like the Ice Climbers, but with Rosalina and Luma working that in a similar way the issue would seem to be gone (plus the Polar Bear from Ice Climber is an enemy in Smash Run, so it seems unlikely that they were cut). While its likely the issue was just solved it could actually be he wasn't talking about duo characters but about characters that have to switch through multiple movesets mid match. The change could have been just because they wanted to though, Zero Suit Samus's transformation method was really unsatisfying since if you preferred one over the other you were actually disincentivized  from using your final smash. Pokemon trainer pretty much forced you to use all 3 with the stamina and switching on death. Zelda/Sheik was the best one really, you could choose which you wanted easily on the character select screen and if you only wanted to use all you were really suffering was missing a special move slot (and really, plenty of characters have a special that never really gets used) and you could easily switch between them at will if you did like to use both.

Sad as it is, yeah with muti characters gone all 3 of the pokemon trainer's pokemon would have been a bit much. Charizard's personally my least favourite of the Kanto starters but he clearly the current favourite (like Lucario he is being pushed by Nintendo a lot but I'm pretty sure he has the popularity to back it up, they push them because a lot of people latched onto them). I'm pretty happy with Greninja though. I mean yeah if they wanted a gen 6 pokemon there weren't exactly a lot of choices. There's no furrbait non legend mascot since no one cared about Zoroark so they brought Lucario back for the role again, none of the legends are really well suited to being characters and nothing else from the gen really stands out as super iconic, the only real place to go was picking a starter. Any of the 3 could have worked really but Greninja does seem to be the most popular one this gen and I'm pretty happy with that choice, he looks like I really fun fighter.

The thing that makes me happiest from that whole trailer though, and one that was easy to miss. The WiiU pokemon stage is the Kalos Elite 4 Chambers. Wouldn't have thought of it but having seen it that is the best choice for a stage location from gen 6, the elite 4 may have been kinda meh but their rooms were amazing.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm ambivalent personally about which characters at all make it into smash. I know this isn't the case for a majority of other fans, but all I've really been concerned with is if the game is fun to play. Greninja might be a bit of an odd choice when there are lots of more established 'mons, but at the end of the day, if he's fun to play as, that's what will really make the experience (in my view)

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Omicron Austin on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:53 pm

SurgePox wrote:I'm ambivalent personally about which characters at all make it into smash. I know this isn't the case for a majority of other fans, but all I've really been concerned with is if the game is fun to play. Greninja might be a bit of an odd choice when there are lots of more established 'mons, but at the end of the day, if he's fun to play as, that's what will really make the experience (in my view)

I'm in the same boat as Surge.  I've been around the block many, many times in terms of seeing characters before and after many, many releases of many, many fighting games, and after I get a chance to play a game competitively, I play who's the best and who I like to play.

Omicron Austin
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:45 pm

I've been telling myself that I wouldn't care too much by the final outcome of the next Smash Bros. cause I'll always have (obligatory post about Project M) Project M to play for a competitive Smash. Nonetheless, I don't know if I'll ever fully get over the loss of Squirtle. Sad

I like that Transformations are gone though as I never made it a habit of transforming as Zelda/Shiek and I play both. Substituting the Down+B with a new move is exciting.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:06 pm

A part of my Zelda/Shiek play in melee was transforming. I probably transformed one every four or so games. Usually, it was Shiek to Zelda, in midair, for less predictable recovery. I'll miss it but then again I kinda doubt I'll be playing Shiek in a game that isn't melee.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed May 21, 2014 8:50 am

Personally I feel that the splitting of characters is a good thing.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed May 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Gamecube inspired controller for Wii U

I'm down with this. I'd rather play with what I'm used to rather than the Pro controller. I also actually like that weird offset and shapes of buttons that the GameCube had.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Fri May 23, 2014 5:46 am

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/ike.html

Ike confirmed. Thoughts? I wondered whether he would be replaced as Roy was.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri May 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Catterick wrote:http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/characters/ike.html

This kinda makes me sad, since unless they drop Marth it now seems unlikely that Chrom will be in it...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri May 23, 2014 3:07 pm

I like the new, older version a lot better.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri May 23, 2014 5:53 pm

Raya wrote:

This kinda makes me sad, since unless they drop Marth it now seems unlikely that Chrom will be in it...

There's no way they're gonna drop a character who's already been confirmed.

I sort of disagree though, I was expecting to see only Marth and Chrom/The Avatar/some character from Awakening with Ike cut but with Ike confirmed now I just think we'll get 3 Fire Emblem characters. Awakening was one of the biggest 3ds games, it literally saved the Fire Emblem franchise from the brink of being axed, they'd be crazy not to include a character from it, plus we already have an Arena Ferox stage. And even with 3 other blue haired Lords I think Chrom is still the most likely candidate.

And yeah I really like this new design for him a lot, Ike's been working out.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri May 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Glad they included Ike, I have fun as him. It wouldn't be the same as when they got rid of Roy moving from Melee to Brawl, as Roy was a Marth clone while Ike plays nothing like Marth and is the polar opposite of him in fact. One being quick and meant to combo a lot while the other is just a strong bruiser.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri May 23, 2014 7:38 pm

Weldar wrote:
Raya wrote:

There's no way they're gonna drop a character who's already been confirmed.

I sort of disagree though, I was expecting to see only Marth and Chrom/The Avatar/some character from Awakening with Ike cut but with Ike confirmed now I just think we'll get 3 Fire Emblem characters. Awakening was one of the biggest 3ds games, it literally saved the Fire Emblem franchise from the brink of being axed, they'd be crazy not to include a character from it, plus we already have an Arena Ferox stage. And even with 3 other blue haired Lords I think Chrom is still the most likely candidate.

And yeah I really like this new design for him a lot, Ike's been working out.
I agree. Adding a third blue-haired Fire Emblem lord seems likely. I like the older meathead Radiant Dawn Ike too, but cause I think this suits him more as a hard hitting dead-zoning mother fucker.

Also there's no way they'd drop Marth who has been a competitive favorite since Melee.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Fri May 23, 2014 8:25 pm

I went back to Melee recently and finally unlocked the three trophies I had never managed to get... with Roy. He's my new favourite.

Of what little I played of Brawl Ike was a little slow for my tastes.

As for Chrom I haven't played Awakening. I think it could still go either way on his inclusion. If he's not playable he'll be an assist trophy I would guess. If he is playable, that makes 5 swordsmen characters.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Relmitos wrote:Glad they included Ike, I have fun as him. It wouldn't be the same as when they got rid of Roy moving from Melee to Brawl, as Roy was a Marth clone while Ike plays nothing like Marth and is the polar opposite of him in fact. One being quick and meant to combo a lot while the other is just a strong bruiser.

While that's true, they also removed Mewtwo who wasn't a clone of anyone and replaced him with Lucario who while he had a couple of similarities to Mewtwo was pretty significantly different overall. Chrom probably would've fallen into the same role, he couldn't quite be the total powerhouse Ike is but I imagine he would be slower and stronger compared to Marth. With them both in now I actually think he makes a pretty logical midpoint between those two

Also I'd say Meta Knight is more than likely not cut, so that'd make 6 swordsmen. Which is fine really, there was enough to do to set most of them apart in Brawl I'm sure they can do that for one more.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat May 24, 2014 7:04 pm

Raya wrote:

And marth was confirmed ages ago. This makes me sad, I wanted to play as Matthew Mercer. Also as Chrom. Who is Matthew Mercer.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun May 25, 2014 4:58 am

It's okay, I will suffice with playing as Fei Long in Street Fighter 4.

Never really got the hang of the Fire Emblem guys in the past, but they are fun to play against. Some players can time those counter attacks almost perfectly.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun May 25, 2014 5:07 am

We're likely to have the full cast for SSB4 by E3

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun May 25, 2014 7:58 am

I wouldn't be surprised if the pulled a Brawl and kept some of the unlockable characters unrevealed till after the 3ds version comes out, especially the unlockable veterans like Captain Falcon. We'll probably know the starting roster by then though yeah, assuming we don't have the full starting roster shown already.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 25, 2014 12:55 pm

I completely forgot Marth had already been confirmed, herpaderp.

TD260 wrote:
And marth was confirmed ages ago. This makes me sad, I wanted to play as Matthew Mercer. Also as Chrom. Who is Matthew Mercer.

At Ayacon last year at Matt's Q&A panel I asked him what he thought about Chrom potentially being in the new Brawl. He said he loved the idea and would be thrilled to voice him if he was in it.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Catterick on Mon May 26, 2014 3:09 pm

SonGopaul wrote:It's okay, I will suffice with playing as Fei Long in Street Fighter 4.

Never really got the hang of the Fire Emblem guys in the past, but they are fun to play against. Some players can time those counter attacks almost perfectly.
One of the things I like about Roy over Marth is that his Counter is actually useful. I still have trouble predicting when to use it though.

Also, Melee's Dragon Edge Dance is IMO the most fun B-special in the entire game, so many combinations, a lot of them hard to land effectively but looking extremely cool.

Catterick
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue May 27, 2014 12:32 am

I personally always found Marth's counter a little better, not very strong for sure but it comes out faster so better as a reactive defensive tool.

If Chrom's in I'd hope he has the sheild of seals or something rather than a counter, lets you have something that fits him better and differentiates him a little from the other FE guys.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue May 27, 2014 1:13 pm

I've been on the receiving end of many ass-whuppings delivered by Marth. He's a very, very strong character if you're skilled at using him.

As much as I'd like Chrom to be in it, I'm wondering if the third lord character might actually be Lucina. Female characters are a small minority in SSB and it'd be nice to have a decent female char for once. How on earth they'd have her movesets be different from Marth is another story, but hey, it never stopped Ganondorf and Captain Falcon Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu May 29, 2014 9:37 pm

How odd that an adapter for old controllers really makes me want a Wii U. Seriously considering putting a Wii U and stuff on my Christmas list this year.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:59 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top