another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Just finished smashfest; played two matches, winning one by a landslide as little Mac and losing a a greninja pretty badly. I have to say I like the feel of the game. Not too floaty, perfectly fluid and in control. Obviously five minutes wasn't enough to get a real feel for it but it shows promise, and I think they're genuinely listening to the complaints the community had for brawl.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:19 pm

Quaetam wrote:Just finished smashfest; played two matches, winning one by a landslide as little Mac and losing a a greninja pretty badly.  I have to say I like the feel of the game. Not too floaty, perfectly fluid and in control. Obviously five minutes wasn't enough to get a real feel for it but it shows promise, and I think they're genuinely listening to the complaints the community had for brawl.
Did you get one of the preorder coins? I heard there was a stocking error and they weren't giving them out.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:52 pm

I'm ready for Pac-Man. Pac. Man. That should be awesome.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:37 pm

Well Raya I remember you asking a while back why Greninja of all pokemon, Sakurai answered that one. Apparently most the roster was decided right at the beginning of the game's development. Greninja was a bit of an exception, they decided to include a pokemon from the then still in development Gen 6 but didn't decide exactly which one till a bit later. When they chose to go with Greninja it was still long before X and Y came out and apparently it was being chosen based on concept art, so apparently the answer is just Sakurai liked Greninja the most of the bunch (I'd imagine he was probably just looking at the gen 6 starters and legendaries)

The interesting thing about that information though is one of the more famous roster leak which has apparently called every new character so far except Rosalina. Which doesn't exactly mean all that much, a lot of the characters we've seen were farily expected, Wii Fit Trainer is the only really out there one to get. But it didn't actually predict Greninja either, just "a pokemon from x/y" In the past I'd sort of dismissed that since being more vague never really makes you seem more credible, but given that early on internally Greninja wouldn't have been chosen yet but there was a roster slot set aside for something from Gen 6, that's still hardly confirmation but its enough of a thing to pay it some mind. The other 3 characters in that leak are Chrom, Shulk from Xenoblade and the Choir Boys from Rythmn Heaven, some odd ones but I guess we'll see.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:51 pm

I wouldn't expect any preconfirmation on those three. In a roster this size we are starting to run out of hidden characters. I would expect those three, and in addition\

Also, Rhythm Heaven, from which Choir Boys are from, was already seen represented with an enemy in Smash Run. I wasn't exactly sure which one because I never played Rhythm Heaven. but things are looking pretty good for that roster leak.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Yep I saw that Smash Run enemy not long after posting. I'm usually super skeptical on leaks but I think this one might just be real given all that. There's gotta be something rhythm heaven they wouldn't just throw that in Smash Run for no reason, and that was craziest sounding of the 3 in that leak.
If anyone's curious its that weird little ghosty worm thing here that's from rhythm heaven.

You raise good points on them being hidden characters too. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the characters we've seen like Luigi are actually unlockable but Marth is on the 3ds boxart, he's gotta have been moved to a starter character and Ike probably would be one too. Makes sense that Chrom would then be unlockable.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:35 pm

My first thought at seeing the thumbnail in Spont's video was that the country of Moldova was suddenly playable.

You only see it for a second in the video, so I don't know if it's just a joke or not, but...is it me, or does Pacman's final smash look like him turning into his giant retro self and going WACCA WACCA WACCA across the stage? If so I am totally sold on him just for that.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:49 pm

So yeah..... This is a thing.

If you havent seen it yet, go to the Smash site this instant. Cheesy voice acting remains (and I hope it can be turned off in the game), but it looks very interesting.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Silly Roy forgot the link, I assume he means this:

"Aww yeah, Lucina is playable! Captain Falcon is back, we all knew that was gonna happen. Wait, who's doing the green ranged attacks? Is...is that...THE AVATAR IS PLAYABLE OMG OMG MY BODY WAS NOT READY THIS IS THE BEST REVEAL EVER!!"

Absolutely thrilled with the Avatar being a character. I think I've found my new main Razz I'm curious as to how the tomes are going to work. I think it might be a bit like Pokemon Trainer needing to switch out after a period of usage. But then there's the fact Robin uses both a steel sword and a levin sword. I'm guessing perhaps s/he starts with the tomes, cycles through them until they run out, then switches to using the levin? Which makes sense since the Avatar is supposed to be a master tactician, so starts out with ranged attacks at the start of battle then switches to melee for the end game.

Not happy the costume has been slightly changed though after I spent so goddamn long making a cosplay of it...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:16 pm

Sakurai's actually given the details on how exactly Robin works in a Famitsu article. The tomes are just the 4 special moves. Elwind is the up B, Nosferatu the down B, Arcfire the side B and all of the thunder spells are the standard B, they're a stroable cjharge attack that rather than just getting bigger and stronger as you charge them change into different spells with different properties. They all have a limited amount of uses before you lose that tome and just can't use that special for a while but they regenerate after a set amount of time. Robin also keeps the tome from the last special used equipped, Sakurai didn't mention this part but in the trailer you can see two different versions of what looks like the basic jab combo, one that ended with a burst of fire when he was holding a fire tome and one that ended with a multi hit wind attack when he was holding a wind tome, so it seems like some of your normal attacks might be effected by which special you used last.
The Levin Sword is just Robin's Smash attacks, the bronze sword being for the weak attacks. It sounded like some aerials (the specific example being cited was just the forward air) use a bronze sword but if you do a hard forward motion (like a smash attack) for it you'll use the Levin Sword instead. The Levin Sword attacks are also limited use, when it breaks you're stuck with just the weaker bronze sword versions of the attacks for a while.

Other interesting notes from that include that Chrom was in consideration for a long time but Robin ended up being chosen since they just brought more to the table. Lucina meanwhile wasn't originally on the roster, she was just going to be a costume for Marth in the vein of the alternate gendered characters like Robin and Villager (so apparently they're okay with having different characters as alternate costumes) but at some point later in development he decided to make her a clone instead, sounds like she was relatively last minute since he says she was sort of lucky to get in as a character. Also neat with Lucina is that apparently one of her taunts can have her put on and take off her mask at will so if you want to fight with the masked look you totally can.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm sorry, all my thoughts since the latest trailer have been:

"Captain Falcon? YES."

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:42 pm

They have the new smash in sdcc I can tell you it's just like brawl and melee mixed

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Batches of special Smash 3ds demos have been given out to all Club Nintendo Platinum members (as of last years cycle). Check your email for the promo email if you were plat.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Smash demo has been out for a while now, and I assume nearly everyone here has played it. So what are you thinking about it?

I have to say, I don't really like playing it on the DS. I think it's the controls, I'm struggling to use them comfortably. The game itself though I'm really enjoying, and the Villager is a lot better than I thought he would be. Also chickens and bees confirmed for best items ever.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:17 am

I have played far too much of this demo, Saturday can't come fast enough. I haven't really been a huge fan of Pikachu or Mega Man in this demo but overall everyone does feel a lot more solid. Villager's weird but he packs a lot of power, Mario combos really easily and god damn is Link's Hylian Shield buffed, what once felt like a random easter egg now feels like a core part of his mechanics. I am looking forward to being able to rebind controls, but that's only to replace one of the two jump buttons with grab since my L button is busted. I've been able to play just fine with sheild + a for grab but it means I haven't been able to try Link's apparently greatly buffed air clawshot.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm liking the Megaman. His upsmash is pretty good. Also trying to convince my lil bro to play if he gets to play Bowser as he likes the "big" characters.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Re-mapping controls makes a world of difference for me when playing this on 3DS. I could not play the demo well at Comic Con since all the thumb buttons felt rolated from the Gamecube controller I felt like a total scrub. I made the B button on the 3DS my A attack cause it's kinda like the "middle button", A is jump, Y is for specials, L is dodge and R is grab cause I'm used to using Z to grab.

But yeah, fun game. Falco got a huge boost in surviving. His Side-B no longer sends him into free fall and he now he can jump after using his side-special and still follow up with his Up-B. Holy crap! Link also got a buff with his Up-B too it feels like and with his moves overall. Really liking those two veterans and Robin is pretty fun too. Still trying to adjust to the mechanics. Yeah, it feels like a mix of Brawl and Melee, but it doesn't seem like there are many ways to combo your opponent. That said I've only had the game for a day and am a scrub still so we'll see with time.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Just wanted to come by and say: "Zero Suit Samus is fucking badass I fucking love her shes so much cooler than in Brawl."

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:01 pm

Been playing the full game on the DS, current opinions:

+The established characters feel a lot more polished in their controls, they've sorted out a lot of problems and shortcomings.
+Level design and music is fantastic. I fangasmed so hard when I discovered ID (Purpose) was the theme for the Ferox Arena. It's my favourite piece of video game music, so I'm very glad it was included as opposed to a generic battle theme. Having the Black and White ending theme as the music for the Unova level also gets a big thumbs up from me.
+New characters are nice additions, the only one I think is a bit duff is Megaman. The Wii Fit Trainer is more fun than I imagined she'd be.

-It's not a good game to play on the DS. Aside from control issues, the small screen means that characters that rely on spot-on accuracy, like Marth or Robin, are a lot more difficult to use. You can actually counter Final Smashes with Marth, but good luck managing that on the DS screen.
-Extras are very lacklustre. Challenges are ridiculously easy and I miss the sheer crack of Brawl's storymode.
-It's not actually all that different from Brawl if I'm honest. Yes Brawl is a brilliant game, but I'd have expected something more than just an update.

Currently concentrating on trying to master Robin. She's an interesting character to play, but it's a pain to keep track of all the spells on the small DS screen. Also you can't go wrong with a Smash that involves summoning mai husbando Matt Mercer Chrom.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:00 pm

Megaman's ranges side smash is fucking ridiculous. Stand at end of stage. Spam.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SonGopaul on Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:49 am

I got Smash before heading to a card game tournament, so I haven't had chance to show my thoughts until I got back.

Considering I've never owned a Smash game on release, I'm enjoying it so far. The completionist in me is trying to do all the challenges, which of course is not easy. In local matches I seem to main Bowser and Lucario, and am trying to get better with Megaman and Kirby. However, I've yet to win a game online in the rare chances I get into one.

SonGopaul
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

So the Wii U version will be able to support 8 players (I guess for Royal Rumbles?) and Mewtwo will be a special character if you buy both the 3Ds and Wii U game. Looks like I'll be getting mewtwo.

Raya, I'm also trying to master Robin. Coincidentally, they put my FE:A-created Robin in Smash with the blue hair. :B

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top